• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Halos

Halos

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1471 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:29 AM

NiziU is the newest girl group under JYP Entertainment, in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment Japan. NiziU is a 9-member girl group, formed from the Japanese survival show, Nizi Project. They'll be promoting both in Japan, as well as South Korea. The line-up was revealed on June 26, 2020.

Background on Nizi Project: Nizi Project was split into two parts. The 1st part took 26 finalists from a nationwide audition and put them in a 5 day/4 night training camp. Out of the 26, 13 were taken to South Korea to train for six months. The 2nd part of the show showed the 13 trainees being evaluated through various challenges. Out of the 13, 9 were selected to debut into the group NiziU.

Members

Spoiler

Releases

Spoiler

I've been following Nizi Project since the 1st episode. I can't wait to see them debut soon. I wonder if they'll gain a lot of traction like Twice did. And NiziU is also set to have promotions in South Korea I believe. 

MM'17: ♥   ANGERME: ♥   Juice=Juice: ♥ 

Country Girls:  Kobushi Factory:   Tsubaki Factory:

#2 yuripop

yuripop

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:30 AM

ooh i've been hearing about them, idk if i'll pay attention to the group since their style seems to be just cute twice but rio and mayuka look really cute tbh

VmE8EjI.png

> yuri's graphics ¦

> ruru . layla . yumeno . mei . utano ¦

> website . mastodon . dreamwidth . listography ¦

#3 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Backstage Crew
  • 8059 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:47 AM

I only watched some episodes but I remember Riku's performance stood out to me. She seems promising.

It would have been surprising if Nina didn't make it to this group! I thought she was a fixed member from the start, haha.

Does anyone know when are they supposed to debut? Last I heard was early next year.

All time fav: ℃

Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#4 Halos

Halos

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1471 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:12 AM

Nina not making the group would have been a big plot twist. In my opinion, I think Mayuka is the most promising so far. She did earn 3/4 on the final evaluation during the Tokyo training camp. : O

They're releasing a pre-debut mini album on 06/30. There was also a teaser for it released for it earlier today!

But for their actual debut, I'm hearing that they're set for the end of the year. Prior to the official line-up being revealed (about a month ago I think) a photo of the group that was taken near the JYP building leaked on the internet. If they're dropping a legitimate mini-album this soon (even though it's pre-debut, it's still less than a week) makes me believe that they've already been working on their actual debut.

They're most likely going to focus in Japan to start off with, but I expect Korean promotions soon enough. They're going to be the 2nd coming of Twice in terms of popularity, I can already feel it. Lol

#5 yuripop

yuripop

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

ooooh this looks p cute!! can't wait for their actual debut :0 and i've heard about nina a lot, it would've been surprising if they didn't debut her tbh

VmE8EjI.png

> yuri's graphics ¦

> website . mastodon . dreamwidth . listography ¦

#6 Halos

Halos

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1471 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

And the MV is out, it's already at 6.2 million views. : O

This sounds like your usual J-pop plus the random "JYP" line at the end. I have it stuck in my head though, so I guess I like it (lol). They look cohesive as a group so I can't wait to see more of them soon!

#7 yuripop

yuripop

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

it's really cute! i'm excited for more releases from them :0

VmE8EjI.png

> yuri's graphics ¦