Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:06 PM

^we're already discussing this lol

#23 Saburo

Saburo

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:22 PM

I always think of a Musume and Company where Ichii Sayaka and Goto Maki stayed with the group longer.

Also: one of the original group names bandied about by Tsunku was "Morning Five." LOL! Good thing *that* didn't make the final cut!

乾杯 BABY!

#24 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:00 PM

but anyway, here's another hypothetical: what if one two three never happened? like, what if renai hunter was the single to revitalize momusu? 

I think the biggest difference would have been that they don't focus on formation dancing. Also the style of music would have probably been pretty different and by that I mean we would have seen more songs like WTAC.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#25 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:08 PM

what if Renai Hunter never happened

#26 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:15 PM

^^oh definitely, i do wonder if momusu would've turned to formation dancing later on though if they didn't start with renai hunter. that song did experiment with some dubstep/edm elements though and was kind of the precursor to one two three, so i wonder if they would've kept doing that hybrid sound instead of going full edm. either way though i think it would've evolved into their current edm style at some point, one two three just kind of accelerated that lol

#27 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:38 PM

Now this is the biggest what ifs:what if Love Machine was not successful

#28 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:41 PM

^oooooh that's a good one. i honestly think it might've led to morning musume's disbandment at the time, either that or the group would've continued for a few more years before disbandment. i definitely think love machine contributed to momusu's longevity, if they never became so famous i don't think the group would've been able to survive as long as they have.

#29 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:45 AM

what if Maji Desu Ka Ska did not debut the 9th Gen

#30 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:50 AM

What if Saho Akari wasn’t robbed of being in S/mileage

MizukiRina

Twitter

#31 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:29 AM

what if Mayumi never graduated

#32 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:32 AM

To be honest I think several girls wouldn't have had such a big development if Sayumi had stayed. Mizuki definitely grew a lot since becoming leader, and Ikuta, Ayumi and Haruna became real senpai.

It would be interesting to think what influence this would have had on Riho... since it's basically consensus that she graduated because after Sayumi's grad she was pressured even more to lead the group as the ace.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#33 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

What if management never held Kanon or Duu back since '13? Duu's a popular girl, Kanon's a media darling despite the body concerns. They're the best combination for front girls aside from the usual palate we've been getting since '13 to '14. '15 proved just that, but led to a Kanon rebound and subsequent graduation ceremony.

Untitled-1.jpg

#34 kakkowarui

kakkowarui

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:47 PM

What if Koharu and Aika had stayed longer and instead Reina and Sayumi had graduated earlier? (or alternatively; if Koharu thought of MM as more than just a "stepping stone" and Aika's injury never happened). For example, if Aika had stayed until she was 25, she'd have graduated as recently as 2018 which feels crazy to think about.

#35 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

What if Saho Akari wasn’t robbed of being in S/mileage

it's so confusing to me how she wasn't in s/m since she was literally in a unit with 3/4 of the group, it's hard to imagine s/m starting out as 5nin but if she did debut with them i wonder how long she would've stuck around before graduation.

What if management never held Kanon or Duu back since '13? Duu's a popular girl, Kanon's a media darling despite the body concerns. They're the best combination for front girls aside from the usual palate we've been getting since '13 to '14. '15 proved just that, but led to a Kanon rebound and subsequent graduation ceremony.

i will ALWAYS be salty that they didn't continue with a duu/zukki wcenter, like they had such a cute dynamic together! but also i feel like if they did that instead of going with the mizuki/sakura/maachan center their music would've been a lot different. the two give off a really fun and genki kinda energy tbh, so i feel like if they continued with those two as wcenter we would've gotten more songs like utakata saturday night (and zukki would've stuck around longer maybe??)

What if Koharu and Aika had stayed longer and instead Reina and Sayumi had graduated earlier? (or alternatively; if Koharu thought of MM as more than just a "stepping stone" and Aika's injury never happened). For example, if Aika had stayed until she was 25, she'd have graduated as recently as 2018 which feels crazy to think about.

tbh i don't know a lot about pre-colorful era momusu (or anything pre-2010 really) but if aika and koharu stuck around longer i feel like mm might've been a little more stuck in the past if that makes sense? like mm definitely evolved when 9/10ki joined and changed to a more modern (...for the time lol) sound, but at the same time when reina and sayumi graduated the group didn't have a senior/junior dynamic anymore, all the girls were around the same age and didn't have the legacy that reina/sayu had. so like, even though aika and koharu weren't around long, i feel like if they stayed till 2018 there would've been that dynamic that might've held the group back. i'm probably just looking too much into it though lol

#36 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:05 PM

what if Pyocopyoco Ultra never exist

#37 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:08 PM

^i would cry i think renai hunter would've been a great debut single for 10ki tbh. as much as i love pyocopyoco renai hunter is a great song, and 10ki shined a lot in it even if it was mostly focused on niigaki for her graduation. every time i watch the pv i can't take my eyes off duu and ayumin lol

#38 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:38 PM

kakkowarui - i ALWAYS think about a MM colorful era with Aika still in the group! For one, Sakura would have probably been given dark purple, since Aika already had light. If she graduated before Sayu, the group would have stayed the same, but if she graduated after?? That would have been a completely different group!

We might have seen Riho and Zukki stay longer, assuming Aika graduated when Riho did, making her leader for a year after Sayu's 2014 grad, it may have meant Riho and Zukki stayed until at least 2016/17.

Mizuki could have had more time to prepare herself for the leader role (and would have prevented a lot of tears and awkward leader moments).

Harunan would've had to wait longer for the subleader position, and Eripon may have had to wait until Harunan graduated to be sub leader alongside Ayumi!

12th gen would have debuted under Aika's leadership, and 13th would have been Mizuki's first real 'kouhai' under her reign.

Overall, it could have bumped the tenure's of Riho, Zukki, Harunan, Duu and Haachin by at least 1.5 years. 

Here's another two;

What if Miki stayed in Morning Musume for longer? 

What if Ayacho graduated before Meimi, making the 2nd gen lead a new era of Angerme as early as 2016? 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#39 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:22 PM

Koharu... I don't think she was ever going to stay a long time. She was a lonewolf with the other members anyway, and not in the Tanaka-tsundere sort of way. She definitely would have graduated by end of 2011. Takahashi would've likely graduated in the spring and her in the fall.

Aika... oh man, so much potential. She really stepped up with 9th gen, since they were her first true juniors. She was not shy about pushing them to the point of tears. She likely would have stayed a few more years, allowing at least Sayu to graduate sooner. I feel like Aika would've taken on more of an Iida-like leadership role. Not really a front-girl, but definitely a presence for getting things done. I don't know that her sticking around would've prolonged Riho and Zukki's tenures, as they both left to pursue personal endeavors, not necessarily the ole "I'm peaked and need to move on" reason. 12th gen would've definitely been different with Aika as their leader, and Mizuki's leadership style would've been influenced by her. Artistically... if her injury hadn't lead to the need to graduate, I don't think some of their dances would be so intense. She had her issue since the early days, so I think the choreography would've eased up a little (or at least letting her wear better shoes) to compensate for that.

#40 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:44 PM

what if Aika Mitsui never graduated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users