• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

y'know i always think about hypothetical situations with idols, like if something did/didn't happen or if something different happened. i got the idea to make this thread from a discussion i saw on r/kpop, and i thought it'd be fun to talk about here lol

i'll start with one: what if dambara ruru and yanagawa nanami were put in morning musume instead of juice=juice?

(also i looked through this subforum to find a similar discussion but i couldn't seem to find one, so if there is a thread about the same topic i'm sorry lol)

#2 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

^Gonna answer that "what if" with my opinion: Nanamin would have had it very hard, since she's more of a character than a singer/dancer. Characters aren't really that important in MM anymore, which is why the two Harunas and Ikuta were pretty much in the back. Even though Oharu was quite popular. Even her photobook talent wouldn't have saved her in MM, since there's already so many photobook girls (Maria, but also Sakura and Mizuki to a point).

Ruru is a difficult situation. In general she's way too good at singing to put her into the back. But around the time Ruru and Nanamin debuted/became concurrent members MM wasn't really looking for a singer. Still waiting for a Sakura/Ruru duet though, hopefully they'll do one at an H!P concert one day.

Can' think of a "what if" right now but I might post one later ^^;

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#3 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

What if Morning Musume never change the number every year

#4 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:37 PM

^hmm i don't think it would've really changed anything, i guess maybe it would've made distinguishing recent lineups a bit more confusing? lol

EDIT: ^^omg i just saw ur reply for some reason LOL. anyway i definitely agree! i do think momusu needs more character and personality in it though but tbh i think the both of them would've been a good fit. and i love ruru in j=j but tbh i'll always lowkey be mad she never got into momusu. also i NEED a sakura/ruru duet, i've wanted one for so long i really hope it happens at a concert or something (or maybe a satoyama unit revival thing?? lol)

#5 GrayScales

GrayScales

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:31 AM

^
^
It's a recent thing and there are probably people who wish it wasn't a thing.

Wp8H6GU.png click

モーニング娘。'20

モーニングムスメ トゥーゼロ

。。。

201411日よりアーティスト名の後ろに、西暦の年号を入れて表記する。
それに伴い202011日よりアーティスト名が「モーニング娘。'20(もーにんぐむすめ とぅーぜろ」に改名。

Morning Musume. '20

Morning Musume Two Zero

From January 1, 2014, the artist's name will be followed by the year of the Christian era.
Accordingly, the name of the artist was changed to "Morning Musume. '20 (Morning Musume Two Zero)" from January 1, 2020.

Do note that it is to be read as two-zero and not twenty and the first year it was one-four and not fourteen.

#6 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:55 AM

see this is why i said what if morning musume never change numbers every year because it's not referring to the year

what if Kanon and Haruna never graduated 

#7 Kimagure Princess

Kimagure Princess

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:41 PM

What if Shimamura Uta debuted in Morning Musume and not Country Girls...

What if Maeda Yuuka would've left only 2-3 years later.....

What if Tsunku was still the producer.... ( :( )

#8 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

^i always think about how different the s/mileage dynamic would've been if maeda yuuka and ogawa saki didn't leave so early. the group could've been completely different after 2ki joined lol

also if tsunku was still the producer.....hmm. i think the current members would definitely be different, like 12ki+ probably would've had some girls pass and others not. i love the whole group so that's hard to imagine for me but man i always feel like 12ki might've not happened if tsunku was producer, considering how people think they're bland or whatever. but honestly i don't think the rest of the group would've been THAT different, like even if tsunku was producer i still think the group would've stagnated at their edm sound like they have now.

#9 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

what if Morning Musume disband after a scandal

#10 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

^pretty unlikely tbh. i mean unless it was like a whole scandal involving the entire group and the company or whatever i don't think scandals from 1-2 members could make them disband

#11 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:57 PM

If NGT48 is still going then it's honestly unlikely for any group to disband after to a scandal ^^;

I think if Tsunku was still the producer his songs given to the group would be better. It seems he's pretty out of touch with the members past 11th gen, which is why his songs don't really fit them.

If Morning Musume never started the year number system... they'd not be Morning Musume.'20 now :lol:

VKnn8U2.png

#12 Muyim Pimoup

Muyim Pimoup

Micky Chelsea Fieldmiddle

• Senpai
  • 2802 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:08 PM

if Utachan didn't leave, i just imagining present Chii-Uta as CG center with their retro style and it make me so curious to see them at their idol peak,,  :ph34r:

ITEwlYD.png

H!O GENERAL ELECTION 2023 IS OPEN!!!

VOTE AT https://www.hello-on...-election-2023/

#13 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:22 PM

What if Megumi didn't leave C-ute? Would they have pushed Chisato the same way or would she have become a back girl like Mai and Nakki? Chisato is arguably one of the top improved idols in HP history.

#14 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:33 PM

What If Morning Musume was formed in the 1980's

What if Yaguchi Mari was not resigned

#15 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

A 1980ies MM would have been interesting! Especially since they would have been up against Onyanko Club, one of the most popular Japanese girlgroups. The early 90ies were harsh for idols, which is why basically no popular soloists or groups from this time exist. Idols became more popular again with Speed in 1996 - and of course Morning Musume in 1997 :lol: So it would be interesting to imagine how successful the group would have been over the years.

VKnn8U2.png

#16 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:11 PM

^ Idols in the 80s had bop songs, bet we would have a nice playlist legacy from then.

^^ Chisato could have still peaked, she had a chara and appeal different from Megumi. But the group dynamic would have been different. Less of an Airi show, more of an Airi & Megumi one. I think the affected one would have been Maimi, she seemed right behind Megu and stepped up when the latter left, so she actually benefited from the sudden departure of the girl...

^^^ You can't even imagine how I would love that to be the reality. But I'm not sure, had Uta not left, that CG would have even gone the retro road. All retro song happened after she left and she didn't necessarily have the appeal to fit such songs (cheeky, upbeat).

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

#17 GrayScales

GrayScales

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:22 PM

So why did H!P change the artist name in 2014?

Since this thread is solely for speculation...

800px-MMataglanceEng.jpg click

...maybe because in 2014, the last member to have a direct connection to the original Morning Musume graduated.

So does that mean that Tsunku H!P no longer consider the current MM as the real MM?

#18 Yossie_Saikou

Yossie_Saikou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:27 PM

What If Morning Musume was formed in the 1980's ----- Oooh I think it would be so nice! The music would be very different but definitely cool! Of course the members would not be the same, but I think that the group would be really awesome and colorful. If I was myself born in the 80's, I'd definitely follow MM'80 and buy all their singles!

What if Yaguchi Mari was not resigned ---- It would totally have changed the dynamic of MM... It would be really cool tho! Having Mari in the Platinum Era for example could have been amazing! She brings so much energy and happiness!

Edit: GrayScales, I think you are right! It would make sense! I think since Sayu is 6th gen and part of the old Momusu, her graduation in 2014 marked the ''new era'' of Momusu, so the group changed name. Personnally, I like that the name of the group changes each year because it's easier to identify which members were in the group at that moment (ex: I associate Riho Sayashi-chan with MM'15)

MORNING MUSUME! NONAKA MIKI! IKUTA ERINA! FUKUMURA MIZUKI! KAGA KAEDE!  <3 JUICE = JUICE! TAKAGI SAYUKI! DAMBARA RURU!  <3 KOBUSHI FACTORY <3 BUONO  <3

#19 Christien.Atkins

Christien.Atkins

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

What if 2014 Morning Musume did not change their names

#20 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:34 PM

^^^tbh i don't think it's really that deep, but it's a cool idea. i don't think there's an "original" morning musume though, i mean i think tsunku himself has said that momusu is always changing and evolving so it was never in an original state (unless you count 1ki as the original lol). that's just my opinion though lol

but anyway, here's another hypothetical: what if one two three never happened? like, what if renai hunter was the single to revitalize momusu? i doubt it would've changed much with what happened after, but one two three had such a big impact i wonder how different things would be if renai hunter was the single that revived momusu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users