In the interest of having a more central location where people can ask me for translations, I'm opening up a thread. Since the population of the forum is pretty low, I will be translating all requests on a rolling basis: I will do them in the order I get them. I reserve the right to change this at any time to better suit my schedule. I can't promise a firm timeline on when translations will be completed, but generally I will finish within two weeks, depending on my personal workload and the length of the item being translated. All Japanese media is accepted; it does not have to be something related to H!P.
Items you can request:
- Blog entries
- Song lyrics
- News articles
- Audio or video under 5 minutes in length -- For this option, I can either provide a summary of the contents or I can do a line-by-line translation. Line by line will take much longer. I will not create subtitles or provide timestamps, only provide a transcript.
- Other: I will consider translating 2ch threads, as long as it is via a matome site. Other materials, whatever they may be, will be judged on a case by case basis.
- Please make one request at a time. This is so that everyone has a fair chance at getting things translated. Once I have completed your request, you may make another, regardless of whether or not anyone else has made a request.
- I will notify you via the thread that I am working on your request.
- I reserve the right to refuse any request for any reason.
- I will respond on this thread when I have finished a translation with a link, so please watch this topic so that you don't miss a response to your request.
- All translations will originally be posted in a blog entry on Hello!Online, but I reserve the right to repost my own translations where I like.
- You are welcome to link to the translation or repost the translations elsewhere, but please, please, please, ALWAYS give me credit. I am doing this as a free service to the community that has taken good care of me, but my name and reputation are everything. Please respect me and my work and always apply credit wherever you share the translation.
- Understand that my preferred translation style is not literal. Translations will not be word-for-word. I work very hard to get to the essence of what is being said, even if that means I alter the actual words to be different from the original Japanese dictionary definitions. This is a common way of translating but I know not everyone likes it, so just keep that in mind.
- I am human and prone to mistakes. If you see a mistake or something confusing, please point it out to me and I will fix it. Be patient. This can be hard sometimes.
- If you would like to make a request privately, you may send me a PM with the details. Private requests will be done whenever the public queue is empty.
- Questions about your translation can be asked either here or in a PM. I check the site several times a day so I'm generally available, even if you just want to chat.
- If in the case H!O becomes unavailable, I can be reached on aidoru-online by the same username. I also have an inactive tumblr account that I only really use for messaging people. I'm not very social as far as social media goes, sorry, but I will always try to get things to you
I think that's it. Wheeeeee.
Last updated: 2020/06/08