• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:33 AM

i love this so much omg!!!! after seeing the covers and hearing the radio preview i def expected the pv to be super wacky and fun and it matched all of my expectations. the girls are so cute, and the song is a total bop. i can't wait to see the pv for suki tte itte yo, i wonder if it'll be as colorful and dumb as this pv lol. super excited for this single!!!

upload.png

mastodon・lastfm・tumblr・sayitditto

#42 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 08:44 AM

Apparently even overseas fans may be able to apply for the online signing event after all, as long as you remember not to complete the initial bank transfer (essentially just an entry into the lottery), and on the chance you're chosen you need a Japanese address for shipping and a credit card to complete the transaction with afterwards.

Skoban on twitter made a rough guide thread.

https://twitter.com/...929805842829312

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#43 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 03:44 PM

Here it is embedded:

I love it. Juice=juice can do any concept but this kind of retro sound suits them the best.

#44 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:07 AM

Full radio rip of "Suki tte Itte yo". I think I'm leaning more toward this song of the two.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#45 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1847 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:36 AM

I think no one posted the radio rips of the (B-Sides)

https://twitter.com/...665544020856834

Va-Va-Boom

https://twitter.com/...494537436786688

Borderline

All in all PERFECT Single release!!! AND I am VERY pleased to have the 2 songs above (finally) released.

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#46 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14628 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:34 AM

I'm definitely happy to have them, but I still wish "Borderline" had an MV. :lol:

(Voom* rather than Boom.)

Edit: More release events canceled due to the coronavirus. No transfer dates.

3/26 (Thu) Tokyo Dome City LaQua Garden Stage (Tokyo)
3/27 (Fri) Namba OCAT B1F Ponte Plaza Wing Stage (Osaka)

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png

#47 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:06 PM

I've been trying to let Pop Music grow on me, but it's kind of not.

I mean... it's fine.  But it feels totally unnecessary.  Like, if, after 6 months, it's no longer the newest single, and it suddenly vanished out of existence, it wouldn't hurt their catalog.

Va Va Voom is 100x the song that Pop Music is, but timing is timing, so Va Va Voom isn't one of 2 A sides, it's a "Bonus track."

*shrug*

MV is fun though.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#48 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:15 PM

Pop music will be the only JuiceJuice song i will never listen again. I have tried to listen it again and again but it don't grow on me at all :( Nothing happens for me in this song and that's very strange for a HP song 🤣 it's not something i hope they do again on the future.

#49 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:13 PM

That may be because it's not a hp song per se :lol:

#50 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2324 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

First, just like Kurolivier mentioned, Pop Music is not typical H!P song.

However, this song has retro style, which, in my opinion, doesn't have strong impact on current listeners. Third, that song is too sugary, which doesn't suit J=J at all.

In my opinion, the worst J=J song is Jidanda Dance, not this one.

#51 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:20 PM

Suki tte MV was just released 

It's more what you would expect from J=J

#52 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

It's fun when a director makes full use of what's available despite seemingly being a low-budget MV. This is just one of those examples. Love the shots!

Also I noticed: Some close-up shots at the Pop Music MV (those that made them look like retro people) reminds me of scenes from Momoland's BAAM. Outright inspiration or direct take?

Untitled-1.jpg

#53 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 03:15 PM

First, just like Kurolivier mentioned, Pop Music is not typical H!P song.

I think Kurolivier was talking about the fact that Pop Music is a Kan song, not written for H!P.  J=J is covering the singer Kan.

FWIW, Kan was also the original performer of Sakura Night Fever which worked really well as an H!P (cover) song... but IMO Sakura Night Fever is just simply a better song.

FWIW2, "Ai wa Katsu" is a Kan song, which H!P performed the heck out of for a year, about 9 years ago...

Suki tte Itte Yo is pretty good.  I'm looking forward to the million years in the future when they start to do live shows again and it can get the live-performance-patina.  The MV is utterly unremarkable, but since the song is better... I'm all about it.  I had heard radio edits before, but hearing the song in full, and seeing the lyrics tripled my enthusiasm for the song.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#54 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, this is what Grey face said. It's a cover, although as he said it's usually well done and fit by and for H.P.

#55 Nisaponchu16

Nisaponchu16

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:04 AM

I really really love Sukitte, the song is groovy! It's definitely a classic JJ style. While the MV is not really all that special, I find the shot at 3.05 quite nicely done.

#56 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:41 PM

The music video for "Suki..." is pretty good. Simple and effective. The song somehow reminded me of 90s JPOP and early J=J days. I enjoyed it more than "Pop Music".

#57 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:35 PM

i love it so much!!! pop music was super fun and silly, but this pv is dark and edgy!! i only heard part of the first radio rip of suki tte and i didn't really remember it so when i watched the pv i was not expecting that many solo lines. they all sounded so good, this song is so their style. also can i just point out the duality between pop music and suki tte itte yo? lmao, their styles are so different. but anyway i'm really excited for this single!! (if i haven't made it more apparent lol)

upload.png

#58 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:57 PM

one week till release! with everything getting cancelled because of covid-19, i wonder how this single is gonna sell

upload.png

#59 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:19 PM

It’ll be interesting to see how well Juice sells without events inflating sales, like with Kobushi’s final release.

#60 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1847 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:01 AM

me too!

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users