Photo

[1/22] Morning Musume. ‘20 68th Single - KOKORO&KARADA / LOVEPedia / Ningen Kankei No Way Way

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#41 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:16 PM

Am I the only one loving K&K? sure, there are a couple of weird transitions but it sounds like something Perfume could have put out.

The violins in the instrumental sound amazing !

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#42 Angela-chan

Angela-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:48 PM

Man, I didn't think there could be a song worse than Seishun Night, but then KOKORO&KARADA came around. What a shame. These girls deserve so much better, especially 15th gen as their first single. At least the other song(s) are slightly better...

#43 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 10:50 PM

I love Kokoro & Karada. I agree with a user on the previous page, in that the concert rip sounds a little better than studio lol I think that has to do with the acoustics of a concert hall...

Anyways, in terms of the MV, I wasn't expecting it to be released this soon. But I wasn't really surprised that it's another dance shot/close up MV. I liked the black and white close ups, though.

Probably there's a budget issue with there being 3 MV's this time around and there has only been one single released in 2019.

I'm waiting to hear the other 2 songs when the MV's are uploaded to Youtube. :)

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#44 MaaDuu

MaaDuu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:43 AM

I like Seishun Night better TBH. It's basic but at least it doesn't sound like a mess like Kokoro&Karada

Agreed. I find the falsetto parts jarring and that is not meant to be a jab toward their singing. It just sounds out of place to me. The song builds itself up and doesn't really do anything with it, add in the falsetto and repeat. I do really like the instrumental at the very beginning and end of the song though. And we finally get another triple A single and two of the songs are practically the same instrumental.

I love Morning Musume. They've been my favorite group for almost a decade, but this is the most disappointing year I've experienced since becoming a fan. We got one single this year, it was boring (imo), they added the 15ki and wasted their spotlight while they had it. Maybe I sound too harsh with all of this, but it's kind of frustrating.

#45 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:45 AM

I have decided that I really like it. I can't stop listening to it so I must.
All the girls look so lovely I don't even mind that it's a simple MV this time!

#46 page11

page11

まーちゃんだけ

• Senpai
  • 3416 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:01 AM

I just realize that all the songs you guys don't like are my favorite :lol:

Tokyo to iu Katasumi, A gonna, Jamashinai de... 

I love KOKORO & KARADA so so much

I don't deny that I also felt it sounds so weird and such a mess the 1st time listening to it 

But I know it will grow on me since it's Tsunku's song

And as expected, the more I listen, the more I'm addicted to it. I especially love the 3 high note parts of MaaSakuFuku. It's so heavenly, cosmically... (i just can't describe it well)

In the end, I'm attached to Tsunku music

Can't listen catchy songs like Utakata frequently & usually skip when it comes, but I can listen to weird songs like K&K all the times

This comment describes exactly me listening to K&K

hHkQiFg.png?1

I love the MV as well

I think it suits the song's atmosphere so much, esp the monotone part

everyone is beautiful

Thumbnail Maachan is excellent XD

Among the top comments, there is one from a Perfume fan say s/he clicked to see the MV because s/he was attracted by the girl in thumbnails and end up liking the song & MV cuz it has "future" sound like Perfume's music and has deep lyrics

#47 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:43 AM

I get the feeling that LOVEpedia and NKNWW are a new gen vs old gen concept. LOVEpedia features the new girls and NKNWW the 9th to 11th gen (but idk cause NKNWW also features 13th and 12th gen, at least a bit more than usual)
maybe thats the route they will go with the mvs lol
if its not and im just making this up, i think they missed a good chance haha

#48 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:39 AM

It's true the more you listen to it the better it sounds because the weird breaks after the chorus aren't as jarring. However, I still do not approve of them...

But yes, I'm so interested in how they are going to promote the other two songs since its the same melody. Will it be like a 2 part MV so they can advertise together or will they try to separate them.

#49 Muyim Pimoup

Muyim Pimoup

Micky Chelsea Fieldmiddle

• Senpai
  • 2802 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:00 PM

about K&K, its feel dreamy for me, both the MV and the song, the music feels like the culmination of previous Tsunku's works, it's very Tsunkuish, the mix of classical and EDM sound fresh to me,, :D

but the long intro before chorus kinda killed the song momentum,,  :ph34r:

LOVEpedia and NKNWW songwise i like the music very much and waiting to hear both arrangements in full,,also now i can't wait how they make the two different concepts for both MVs,, 

ITEwlYD.png

H!O GENERAL ELECTION 2023 IS OPEN!!!

VOTE AT https://www.hello-on...-election-2023/

#50 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

Listened to the other "two" songs, and I like them better than K&K. I especially like how more members get solo lines. In No Way Way when they start mixing in "Turkey in the Straw" that is just a little too weird for me, and I like the 15th gen dance intro in Lovepedia, so I think Lovepedia is the better version of the song. They're now stuck in my head in a combined form though "Ningen kankei, no way way, lovepedia!" 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#51 ★pandapple★

★pandapple★

H!P Lifer

• Senpai
  • 1531 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

Oh my god I thought I was crazy for hearing Turkey in the Straw. I had to replay it to be sure!

#52 give me aiai

give me aiai

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:14 AM

me: oh i like lovepedia and no way way both, not really much of a difference

no way way: turkey in the straw

me: what

#53 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:42 AM

The MV is really great, even if it's just dance shot + close-ups it looks really good and polished. All the members look really good here, and the 15ki are all really pretty. Song-wise, Kokoro&Karada is not my favorite, but I think it's going to grow on me. The ending kind of bothers me, I wish there was more to it. Like this it just ends on a very unceremonious note lol

I8dtEOy.gif

#54 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:20 AM

after literally watching the performances a million times i JUST realized they're supposed to be doing heart during the chorus of LOVEPedia lol

#55 makigotofan

makigotofan

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:47 AM

MM songs have really gone downhill ever since Duu left. Bland songs after bland songs. The last single that was "good MM" material was Duu's last single, after that ......

#56 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:17 AM

^I thought it was the single before that. LOL

I guess K&K is a song that grows on you after some time. It sounds... refreshing? idk how to describe it, but I feel so renewed listening to it

Untitled-1.jpg

#57 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:50 AM

Although others have acknowledged it, I think I'm probably the only person alive that was just so completely stoked on the Turkey in the Straw sample in NKNWW's dance break  :lol:

#58 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

Just managed to watch the 'live' performances for the other 2 a-sides. IMO, "LovePedia" is a much superior song than "Ningen Kankei No Way Way". The arrangement is much stronger and catchier for the former. The latter is like the poor man's version. While the concept of having 2 songs in 2 different arrangements is unique, but one can't help to feel it's a rather lazy way to do things. Would have preferred an all-new song.

Did they completely snub Chisaki who is supposedly one of the front girls for the current MM? I am SHOCKED!

#59 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:02 PM

Yeah i was surprised by the lack of Chisaki. But they pretty much did the same thing with Maria after her first big push so i'm not too worried. I'm sure she have solo parts in the 2nd part, though.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#60 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:08 PM

I notice the 2nd/3rd a-side sound abit like a Kenshuusei song.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users