• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, a bit dissapointed by some of the results, but mostly everyone left, so i'm not too surprised XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#122 Doraleous

Doraleous

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

Best Idol is boring as always (predictability = boring).

But thanks a million Muyim Pimoup for hosting it, always fun to read the results of other categories and here's to a 2020 with more votes and lots more H!P.

Kenshuusei is where it's at, debut these stars in the making already.

#123 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:17 PM

I am the only one that vote Maa and Ruru in 1nd and 2nd place?  :lol: 

Ps: Riko's 0 points is sad, she is the only pro member with no votes.  :(

#124 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

My taste is obviously not what the majority likes. That will never change XD. Congrats to Maachan and thank you to Muyim Pimoup for doing this!

Spoiler

#125 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:09 PM

Oh my god, another Maachan win? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater or anything but it's always the same lol, the thing is, this year I thought I saw less people placing Masaki at the top of their ranking so I thought maybe the results would be more even this time around, but I guess not lol. I'm also bored to see Morning Musume win for best group basically every year, especially since, IMO, this year they weren't THAT interesting (outside their RIJ performance) compared to other groups. That said, 2020 already started well for me because of 15ki and more focus on the other members in Lovepedia/No way way. Other than that, I didn't see my vote on Mei for best personality counted in (she didn't get her name listed) but it's ok since she wouldn't have won anyways.

Thanks for hosting the general election this year!  :good:  I know it's hard to count all the votes. I wonder what will be the fate of these polls this year since it really seems less people participate in the forum nowadays (one of the reasons I didn't bring back the MV poll among other personal stuff that prevented me from being around).

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#126 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:37 PM

Even if Maa-chan wasn't put high on the top list by each person, the combination of many voters still makes her come out of the top with the wide margin between 1st and 2nd. Anyway, compared to last year, the points tend to be received by MM and J=J members. Except top members like Manakan, Maa-chan, Ruru and Odasaku, almost everybody have their ranks raise unexpectedly. All Tsubaki except Kishimon ranked much lower than last year. Even Angerme suffered from this category this year.

BEYOOOONDS is never the factor here, the highest-ranking member is 25th, but the domination of MM and J=J distorts the poll unexpectedly. And to be honest, I'm a hundred times more disappointed Than @YellowAccel was.

@Muyim Pimoup: By the way, many thanks for your extremely hard work to keep this tradition of Hello Online. It's always fun to see how H!P fandom changes each year

#127 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:11 AM

Top #1 member is as expected, and by huge margin. But i love to see Ruru stole the #2 spot. I guess MM influence still dominant here, followed by JJ.

Beyooooonds stole the spot this year, but they have to kerp the pace in 2020. Shame how Tsubaki fell behind, beside Kiki's absence, their release also less this 2019.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#128 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:53 AM

Surprised people are "disappointed" by Masaki's win. It's kind of a given that she will win at this point. She's just the most popular, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Ruru taking second, however, was a big shock to me! I mean, I don't dislike her, but I would have never guessed she was that popular among forum users.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#129 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:36 AM

I'm so happy for Ruru and like everyone else I didn't know how universally liked she was within the community since I don't think many people put her as top but a lot of people voted for her like Yokoyan last year.

And for how my rankings went:

+10 Fukumura Mizuki      - 6th (Yay she's back in top 10)

+9 Inaba Manaka             - 9th (Sad she went down a bit but her domination in the dance category makes up for it)

+8 Kamikokuryou Moe     - 7th  (Yay she's back in top 10 and top for Angerme)

+7 Murota Mizuki              - 26th (I'm shook, what happened?? She used to be a fan favorite)

+6 Yokoyama Reina         - 5th (Not as good as last year but still amazing)

+5 Danbara Ruru             - 2nd (OMG YESSSS she deserves everything!!!)

+4 Akiyama Mao              - 42nd (Noo Maopin :sob: )

+3 Hirose Ayaka               - 40th (Not bad, nice to see Kobushi is overall going up)

+2 Uemura Akari              - 18th (Yay J=J is rising!!!)

+1 Wada Ayaka                - 39th (The drop is understandable as she has graduated but I just had to give this queen at least one point for everything she has done)

#130 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:39 AM

^

I just really started noticing Ruru this past year.  Great singer, lovely personality and gorgeous!

^

^

I don't see any problem with it.  If you look at the past years the Best Idol winner has generally been the idol generally considered to be the most popular member except for 2014.  Besides, Sato is pretty awesome (please note Maa-chan didn't make my top 10 in this vote).  If Masaki wins until she graduates, I'm totally fine with that!

#MAGA

#131 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

celestia414:

Ruru taking second, however, was a big shock to me! I mean, I don't dislike her, but I would have never guessed she was that popular among forum users.
I felt the same. I wouldn't have been shocked to see her somewhere among the middle of the top 10-15, but I didn't expect 2nd. :lol:

I also didn't expect Nakayama Natsume to rank as highly as she did among the Kenshuusei. I know she's well-liked, but I thought Kirara and Kanami would've landed above her.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#132 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:30 AM

Maa-chan domination is inevitable, because lots of people choose her as #1 (get +10 points) compared to others. Similar to Japanese polls, Maa-chan still lead by huge margin, because of her popularity both domestic & international level.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#133 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:35 PM

First of all, thank you @Muyim Pimoup for hosting this year's general election. It is sad to see a decrease in forum activity with each year, which is why the election has less voters. It used to be quite a big event before, but well it is what it is. It can't be helped when the forum is dying partly because people have moved on to other platforms (myself included, but I still check the forum when I can), but also because of all the issues this forum has - many people are locked out and many people cannot even register and join the forum. There doesn't seem to be any interest from the people who run the forum to fix the aforementioned issues either, so this situation is not surprising at all, but still very sad.

All that said, I am glad there was an election this year! And maybe for the following years it would be better to have it started in November indeed, but I don't know if that will help much with the number of voters.

------------------------------

As for the results, I am not really surprised by any of these, but I feel inclined to comment on it, so I will just go ahead and do it lol.

Best KSS: I didn't vote for this category myself since I only know a few KSS now. Kirara is like the last prominent one (at least as far as the international community goes) after all the promotions and departures, so I am not surprised at all and happy for her. I hope she will get her chance to debut this year.

Best newcomer: Rio is the most hyped newcomer among the international fans for sure, so not surprised again, but I am happy for her as she is my favorite 15ki member. I voted for Honoka in the end, but I was in two minds between her and Rio.

Best singer: Expected and well deserved win by Sayuki, the runner-ups too. I voted for Karin because I really enjoyed her vocals this year, and I warmed up to her as an idol overall, so I wanted to show my support.

Best dancer: Again, well deserved win by Manaka. I voted for Utano because she is a really great dancer too, with a lot of experience, so I expect good things from her in the future too.

Best visual: I don't have a problem with any of ranks, it is indeed a subjective category after all, but as I said no issues here in my opinion. Very happy for Ami, she is the one I voted for.

Best group: Has any group other than Morning Musume ever actually won this title? I don't recall it. It goes without saying, they are the most famous group both in and outside of Japan, the famed flagship lol. So most people are still gonna vote for them, even though 2019 was one of their worst years, very boring. Other than adding the 15ki and their Rockin performance, what did they really do? And it's not like the international fan community could really attend their aforementioned festival performance either, not to mention that other than adding 15ki they didn't really do much with them and prolongued the release of their debut single until early 2020... But as I said, I do understand why people voted them, there's still that part of the fandom that only cares about MM and no one else too lol (silently judging them not gonna lie).

However, I probably do not have a right to complain, since I voted for Tsubaki, out of loyalty, even though 2019 was their worst year so far, what with the hiatus of Kiki and only one single which was in the beginning of the year so it ended up somewhat forgotten by the end of it. It also explains them placing last, there was simply not much for i-fans to enjoy, as the group barely did anything other than tours. I really hope 2020 will be a better year for the group, they are starting it right after all with the return of Kiki and the new single.

Beyooooonds probably did absorb many of the last year fair weather voters of Tsubaki though, and they had an amazing debut and a very successful year. If they placed first it would have been well deserved honestly. The management is promoting them well in basically all aspects, I am positively surprised and happy for them. Hope they have another good year.

Angerme had a really rough year, with three graduations... I am not surprised they didn't rank well. They had a decent year music wise though, and I am a bit sad their first album in many years and first one as Angerme went a bit under the radar, it was really good in my opinion.

Best idol: Like her or not, Masaki is the most popular H!P member by a wide margin, so she is going to keep winning these polls until she graduates for sure. A bit surprised Ruru is second, but I do feel she has become the most popular JJ member overseas. I wish Tsubaki members ranked a bit better, but they had a really bad year in 2019, so I'm not that surprised.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Even though the election had much less voters compared to its peak years, I still think these results are in general representative of the international H!P fandom. Thanks once again for hosting, and I hope to see the election back this year too.

I8dtEOy.gif

#134 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:04 PM

2chan's dudes talk about our awards

http://c-ute.doorblo...s/54196431.html

#135 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:16 AM

I was mildly surprised at Ruru's high ranking, but pleasantly so. The only one that I kind of rolled my eyes at was MM'19 taking Best Group, which just seemed crazy to me based on the quantity and quality of their output versus that of every other group. I had them dead last. :lol: But other than that, I thought those with the top votes made sense.

Hopefully someone will translate the 2-chan reaction threads.

#136 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

After years of tug war for top spot, Sayuki finally got the singer award.

#137 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:48 AM

Browsing 2ch, most of the first comments are about Masaki's continued dominance in the poll.There's the usual comment about how Miki isn't as popular overseas as they expect since she speaks English. Also usual complaint that Karin doesn't rank high enough. Some about how Kaede doesn't rank as highly here as she does there, and maybe it's that she doesn't come across as well as video as she does in person. Some about how Rio ranked pretty high. Some comments that foreigners seem to like Ruru's looks or maybe her presence on instagram helped her rank. . Also some defense of Ruru that some Japanese people like her looks too. They looked at the top member from each group and said that if you put them together that'd make a unit of good singers, so maybe we are viewing idols more as "artists" when we are evaluating them. That's about as far as I've gotten.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#138 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 11:30 AM

So nothing new :lol:
I love how they think Miki would be popular just because she speaks English. Did MM even do a single thing towards the international fandom this year, like an English video or something?
(If not, missed chance, considering Mei also being decent at English.)

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#139 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

Always interesting to see what Japanese fans see about overseas fans' choice. Some of the keypoints of the discussion as i summarize (positive & negative views)

- How Masaki is very popular in overseas, for five-consecutive times, is expected. They concluded Masaki is the most popular member both domestically and internationally.
- Shocked how Danbara Ruru is popular overseas, stole #2 spot from other MM members. But also admitted that Ruru is cute for Japanese standard.
- Also shocked how Karin & Kaedy ranked badly, they're popular in Japan (also in polling). They guess Karin & Kaedy is not typical favorite girl for international fans.
- How Miki was not placed in top of the list, even she's the closest to international fans due to language & experience.
- Yumeno rank high, also the most popular of all Tsubaki members. They think due to her appearance (some said similar to Janet Jackson XD)
- Beyooooonds rank high for individual members and song, means Beyooooonds was accepted internationally.
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#140 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:16 PM

Comparing my results

Best Idol :
+10 Sato Masaki (1st)
+9 Oda Sakura (3rd)
+8 Nonaka Miki (13th)
+7 Inoue Rei (21st)
+6 Kawamura Ayano (41st)
+5 Kamikokuryou Moe (6-7 tie)
+4 Yamaki Risa (12th)
+3 Haga Akane (16-17 tie)
+2 Funaki Musubu (24th)
+1 Yamazaki Mei (54-55 tie)

Best KSS :
+3 Yonemura Kirara (1st)
+2 Nakayama Natsume (2nd)
+1 Matsubara Yuliya (5th)

Best Group : Angerme (5th)
Best Newcomer : Ise Layla (5th)
Best Singer : Takagi Sayuki (1st)
Best Dancer : Inaba Manaka (1st)
Best Visual : Kanazawa Tomoko (lol)
Best Personality : Oota Haruka (lol)

Sayubee and Manakan winning their respective categories was just about the most obvious thing in the world at this point, wasn't it? lol

There were a lot of placement ties in this one for the best idol category. Granted, fewer people voting makes it more likely, but it still happened a lot more disproportionately than the turnout would suggest. I think the best takeaway from that should be that more of the international fans are branching out to H!P as a whole rather than just being so solidly focused on one group as many have in the past. It also says a lot about how much J=J has endeared itself to fans, especially in central and south america, and helped even further along by the very engaged fandom on twitter. In the ~2 week long twitter poll across the international H!P fandom, Ruru actually beat out Maa-chan, so the rise of the international Juice=Juice fandom can't be easily overlooked. H!O membership still very much has a lot of love for Morning Musume though, and that also shows through these results.

I'm happy to see people are still becoming interested in the KSS program as well. The pros of following the KSS far outweigh the cons (I recently did a mini-rant on this in the KSS thread) and there's so much to be gained by following the careers of members before they ever get a debut. That's especially true these days when a debut is much more likely than it ever has been in the past, and even the occasional heartache often results in former KSS resurfacing in other groups outside of H!P.

When I made my consideration for best group, I tried my best to limit my perception based solely on what I'd seen of them in 2019. I also made the decision to not count Morning Musume's newest single for 2019. That being the case, even with Angerme being in 5th, there was so much going on with them in the past year. Even through the hardships, they delivered some of the best songs and concert performances of the year along with their newest gens being absolutely amazing. That was my own view though, and it's perfectly reasonable for others to have their own take on what they count or in how they make their own judgement. I will say though, if not for Angerme's recent Single delivering so much joy after so much heartache, my choice just as easily could have been BEYOOOOONDS. They gained popularity really quickly and have a lot of potential to completely usurp this spot by the end of 2020 if management continues to treat them this well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users