Photo

[1/15] Tsubaki Factory 6th Single "Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai"

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#121 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

I'm surprised with the numbers! We had a Tsubaki drought last year so I thought we'd going a slight slip this year, but I guess there really is a loyal fanbase now. I don't really dig this single though, it's not at par with previous songs they've released.

Hope they can sustain the sales momentum at #2, since trailing behind them is TXT with a more or less 10k difference. They can easily catch up on the gap if they really want to.

Untitled-1.jpg

#122 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:45 PM

The members all blogged about ranking second on Oricon, saying they're very happy and thanking fans for the support. Maopin said she was really surprised and happy, and felt like crying (but didn't cry in the end lol).

I think the girls were also apprehensive about everything, considering how 2019 was rather a tough year for the group, and with their sister group disbanding, so I'm really glad the results are this good.

I8dtEOy.gif

#123 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:23 AM

I'm not too surprised. My new year prediction was that they were going to regain momentum and be the third best selling group in H!P.

#124 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:01 AM

They probably won't catch "Teion Yakedo," because historically they only sell 3K-5K total after their first day. 70K is probably the ceiling for this one, but I suppose there's a first time for everything. Either way, this will be their second best selling single.

#125 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:56 AM

^That isn't true at all, they've actually never had numbers like that. The lowest they've sold after the first day was 12k (Fuwari) and the highest was 19k (Teion Yakedo). 

Edit

I'm talking about total sales, their previous singles sold between 9k and 12k to find off the week. I don't think this single will break this mold tbh. I expect the rest of the week to fall somewhere in there since this single hasn't built that much hype and wasn't promoted that heavily to the public.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#126 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1649 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:28 AM

^Actually I am surprised they didn't do that much promotion for this single. Not sure if they want to take things slow because of Kiki's conditions.

#127 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1855 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:14 AM

So surprised! Didn't expect these good sales! XD Very happy and glad the girls can hold their sales :w00t:  <3  <3  <3

And even they have less editions. Ok well this time no SP and 2 A-Sides only.

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#128 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:15 AM

Ishiki Takai color coded lyrics : http://cafekica.blog...ome-no.html?m=1

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#129 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:35 AM

^That isn't true at all, they've actually never had numbers like that. The lowest they've sold after the first day was 12k (Fuwari) and the highest was 19k (Teion Yakedo).

You're right! I was looking at first week sales and reading them as first day sales. So there's a pretty good chance that they do catch "Teion Yakedo."

#130 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

They're #9 today :(

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

#131 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

Restocking problems, so don't worry.

#132 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

Given the number of events tied with this single it would way more off if they hadn't sell so well. 
http://helloproject....157588992848b4/

Spoiler

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#133 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:39 PM

^

:c18:  :c18:  :c18:  :c18:  :c18:

Yes, they've had a lot of events, but they had more for some of their previous singles. H!P groups doing lots of events to boost the sales ain't news though, it's been like that for years, and it's not exclusive to Tsubaki...

Instead of trying to undermine their sales, you could just be happy they're doing well, but I guess that's too hard.  :ph34r:

I8dtEOy.gif

#134 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:55 PM

I'm not trying to undermine the sales, merely reacting to seeing people being surprised that the sales are the way they are. 
(Plus, there were some mentioning that this single "wasn't promoted that heavily to the public" and that they "they didn't do that much promotion for this single".. after all the Thanksgiving events happened relatively long ago, so they might have been forgotten, but surely those 20 events had to contribute somehow~)  ^_^

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#135 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:14 PM

^

I at least didn't forget about the thanksgiving events, especially because the members were really happy about those 'cause those were their first events in a long while, and in the OP of the thread they're listed for anyone of weak memory (unlike the two of us) to see. The aforementioned events surely contributed to the sales, like all the events are supposed to do.

As for the 'heavy promotion to public' we really haven't seen any of that though - billboards and such, I don't think pictures of those were shared anywhere at least, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The events they did are hardly promotion to the public, as mostly the already existing fans attend those, so whoever said they didn't promote this heavily to the public is not entirely in the wrong. 

I8dtEOy.gif

#136 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:43 PM

^^ You're directly quoting me as if I don't know that events are a major part of H!P promo (for every group), and you're taking what I wrote completely out of context. I was taking about how I don't expect this single to go beyond their usual rest of the week sales specifically because this single hasn't really been promoted to non-TF/H!P fans. Honeyharunanfan basically summed up what I was going to say when referring to gp promo.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#137 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:52 AM

I think the number of events for this single isn't as many as the one for Teion Yakedo, despite being decent. Plus, they have been in limbo for almost a year.

Therefore, I'm not surprised that people expect lower than 60k sales.

#138 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:30 AM

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#139 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

The buzz of the MM single kind of overshadowed the release of TF's single online, so I was unsure if they would continue their 60K+ run. 

#140 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:19 AM

Theyre #7 today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users