• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#81 Nisaponchu16

Nisaponchu16

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

Ugh Unfair Baby is so chaotic in a bad way. Everything in it has no structure and sounds flat. I only enjoyed the first 10s of it before I got bored. The only exciting thing about it is that there are 3 new members involved in it and they are as cute as puppies.

#82 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

I think A Gonna is their worst song in recent memory, but Seishun Night is a close second.

For Unfair Baby, I don't think it's terrible, but it's really disjointed. That "chaotic" feel works for something like "Souda We're Alive" when it's a hyper-energetic crazy song, but not for something like this. 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#83 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:46 PM

Hey now, I loved A Gonna. The MV was it's downfall to me.

Parts of Unfair Baby I like, but it does sound like an album song. I have a weird feeling this song may have the same fate as Watashi no Nanni mo Wakacchanai where we may not see it for a bit due to the reception. I seem to remember that song not originally being well liked, even by myself, but when it eventually did come back, I loved it.

Heck, Chokkan 2 exists for that same reason. Though, I guess the question is..how are the Japanese wota reacting to this song?

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#84 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:04 PM

From what I've seen they don't dislike it as much as H!O lol. Even international twitter is pretty much half-half on it, some love it, others don't.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#85 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:02 PM

H!O is perpetually negative about every single release so I wouldn’t take it as the overall reaction. If you look at every tour/new single thead it’s full of people who hate the song but the sales always end up the same.
I find it funny how they really threw 15ki into the deep end with the difficulty of the song. I can see them being one of the strongest gens in a few years.

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#86 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

The song isn't awful, just very generic, wich doesn't matter since MM wota would buy anything. It's just hard to care about it when the compagny is full of more interisting groups with far better songs.

I used to fully support the group, now the only thing i bought is the album. There's few songs here and here i liked, but overall i'd rather keep my money to support a great group like Tsubaki than wasting my money just because it's a group i loved since many years.

I thought 15th gen would bring me back into MM just like Haachin brought me back, but nope, i still don't feel interested at all... Who knows, maybe i'll be back with 20th gen XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#87 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:12 AM

For anyone who’s interested the transfer performance date for the concert in Hokkaido that was cancelled due to Typhoon Hagabis has officially been announced:

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=14558

The transfer performance concert will take place at the Sapporo Cultural Arts Theater hitaru venue on Sunday 8th December

#88 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:06 AM

On the topic of the songs again...

It shows the difference in user bases. Twitter is a rather young user base, maybe a good percentage of the fans over there are new(er) fans (I do know several longterm fans over there, though). Due to its short message system it's also not a platform for discussing, debating or deeply criticizing things (not saying that there hasn't been beef or anything, it's just different from a traditional forum user base). Personally I think it's also a bit less personal - you can tweet something into the void and can get either a thousand replies or none at all. When I post into a forum about a certain topic then other people who care about the topic are more likely to respond. (Several of the twitter posts about Hey! Unfair Baby I have seen, both Japanese and international, have neither replies nor likes.)

Of course, many H!P fans follow each other on twitter and there are some BNFs (is this term even still in use? Big Name Fan? Basically fans that are well known in the fandom) who get several replies. It's also more likely to just tweet "I love this song" or "I dislike this song", something traditional forums even delete because it's too short for a post and has no substance (not H!O though, to be fair due to its activity on H!O - or the lack of it - forum etiquette is rarely enforced).

In the end, what I'm trying to say is, forums are places where people are more likely to say what they dislike about things because they want to go more into detail. I've seen enough people talk about something negative on a forum but tweet short happy messages on twitter and not the other way around ^^;

VKnn8U2.png

#89 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

^ The thing I don't like about chatrooms and social media is that you've got to be there at the time or miss the discussion (discord), or you're just one thought among a vast sea (twitter). And that may be why we notice negativity on forums more - they enable you to see things by topics that matter (like you said), but it also moves slow enough that people can actually respond to one another and have meaningful discussions. Because I promise you, I'm not entering a chatroom and scrolling up to see what was said earlier in the day, let alone 3 days ago, if it's active enough. Rather than user base, I think the platform itself allows for different levels of conversation. A lot of us have been here for years and recognize one another, so we're more comfortable griping openly about what is dissatisfying. Twitter was always meant to be succinct thoughts, while forums are for lengthier discussion.

#90 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

H!O is perpetually negative about every single release so I wouldn’t take it as the overall reaction. If you look at every tour/new single thead it’s full of people who hate the song but the sales always end up the same.

:lol:

When H!O hates a new single it's almost guaranteed to sell 100K.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#91 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:04 AM

People here who are always negative about songs are the ones who don't really like EDM. That's what i noticed at the end. So there will always be a very big gap when it's about Morning Musume or even Tsubaki. At the time the very first 2 singles ( Seishun Man manaka and Kedakaku Sakihokore which where for someone like me real treasures ) where hated by peoples here because it's real EDM. In the other side there was kobushi who where loved by this part of peoples at that time. They were literally ecstatic about kobushi style of music.

The second things is about understanding Japanese and lyrics. When you don't speak or understand the lyrics when listening the song ( like me) you have another view on it,on the opposite there is those who understand the nuances of the lyrics and that can change perception of the song.

#92 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:24 AM

Official concert outfits:

~9ki~

Spoiler

~10-11ki~

Spoiler

~12ki~

Spoiler

~13-14ki~

Spoiler

~15ki~

Spoiler

#93 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14635 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 04:45 AM

I generally like all of those costumes, but I think the plaid and floral sets are especially appealing.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#94 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1646 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:04 AM

Eripon is gorgeous! I love that she has long hair. She reminded me of Honey in some of the shots.

#95 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:58 AM

For the french i am the only two "wow" outfits are Kaedi ( white and red outfit ) and maybe Akane ( blue flower dress flower and jacket), both first photo from the left.
For the rest the jacket does not go very well with the rest of the outfit generally make it strange.
Group outfit uniform camouflage and white wedding dress are ok.

#96 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:46 PM

For once, there's isn't a costume i hate XD

As for EDM, i don't hate it, other groups just get better EDM songs. I take Up Up (2), 48 groups and Tsubaki EDM over anything MM released in the last 2 years. But again, doesn't matter since their name is enough to convince everyone it's a masterpiece that need to be bought XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#97 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

If you have some examples of great EDM songs from 48 groups i'll take them as i don't know or follow them. UpUp girls (2) are masterpiece I can only agree with you. But as usual i think you can have both and enjoy all of them with their strength and weakness.

#98 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 06:00 PM

I really like the flowery outfits.

VKnn8U2.png

#99 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:14 PM

I’ve been drifting from momusu a lot since Kanon left (though I keep up with what they’re doing and their music, I’m not as invested and honestly don’t know 12-14th gen all that well), but Mei’s caught my attention quite a bit... she reminds me of Meimi when she started, so freaking cute and smiley. Meimi pulled me back into S/mileage when Saki left and I thought I wasn’t going to follow them heavily anymore. I saw her perform during the 2011 fall tour YT live and was just smitten, and I feel like Mei might do it to me too when I see her in motion LOL

#100 korikoristop

korikoristop

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:20 PM

I had to relisten to Unfair Baby because I didn't get much of an impression the first time, but while it is a bit bland, I think it has some really cool harmonies and it is cute. I kind of hope they continue with a rock feel to their songs, but I hope they make them a bit more interesting. XD I remember Tsunku saying that he changes their musical direction every time a new generation is introduced, so who knows.

Honestly, my favorite release of theirs recently was I Surrender and it wasn't an official single, which I think was a real tragedy. It was the most fun song I've heard out of them in long time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users