• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:21 PM

I'm not saying that Hey! Unfair Baby is a great song, but it's not bad either. Definitely not their worst song ever but it could be better. What I did like was the performance becuase it was very entertaining to me that I enjoyed the song even tough I don't really like the song. But I can listen to it thinking about the performance. If this song is included in the new single, I don't think it'll be the main A-side. It'll definitely be Kokoro&Karada. So don't worry. And let's enjoy the performance with the girls. 

I do feel something is missing in my relationship as a fan with the group, but I think that's because there have been less releases lately instead of not having great songs.

Morning Musume'19

#102 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2747 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

Mei is channeling debut-era Niigaki Risa in those concert pictures with the high pigtails. 

Currently Stuck In My Head: Konya Dake Ukaretakatta

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2018 RESULTS HERE

#103 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:08 AM

Song structure in Unfair Baby is really crazy amazing:

Intro + Verse + Pre-Pre-Chorus (starts with Katta)          + 15th gen speaking part (in mono) + Pre-Chorus (ends with Are you OK?) + Chorus +

+ Verse + Pre-Pre-Chorus (starts with What's up?) + 15th gen speaking part (in mono) + Pre-Chorus (ends with Muzzui)          + Chorus + Bridge (um, OK) + Chorus x 2 + Outro + Verse (of course).

Tsunku is in mad scientist mode, here. It's far from generic, and quite incomprehensible on the first few listens. This is why I listen to HP instead of western pop music. I am so blessed for being aware that this kind of music is still being played today.

edit: Chorus x 2

#104 stereo

stereo

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

I agree with you !! Thank you for sharing you knowledge about song structure.

Edit: I've noticed that from some times now Tsunku offer songs that you can really put in a perfect endless loop, where the end is the beginning. Will love if someone will be able to edit some song so that i can listen them in endless loop for 20mn !!

#105 Myron

Myron

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 12:34 PM

^^

Can you explain what makes it so good? I like the structure behind music etc, but haven't found out what you mean yet

Also, Eripon killing it in the looks department. Long hair is amazing. 

Mizuki and Erina are giving me AiGaki feels during the Platinum era when 9ki came around.

あいりあやちょえりぽん

#106 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:04 PM

While I do like the song right now, my point was that the structure of the song makes it quite unique. Which was why, like for many here, for me, it sounded like a garbled mess, at the first listen, when my mind couldn't make out where the different elements were (usual pop song structure is Intro + Verse + Pre-Chorus + Chorus + Verse + Pre-Chorus + Chorus + Bridge + Chorus x 2 + Outro). I like when Tsunku (or anyone else) tries out new stuff like this. That's what makes it good for me.

On another note, I agree with you about Eripon. Lately, she has been catching my eye. She really stands out in performances.

#107 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5929 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Sorry for posting this a bit late but it was announced recently that the KOKORO&KARADA concert final is going to be live-streamed on BS Sky PerfecTV:

https://www.bs-sptv.com/program/5582/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users