• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#201 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:25 PM

Rio is ready from the get-go, Mei is also experienced, but Homare will really blow us away in a few years :)

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#202 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:13 AM

I think Homare is a late bloomer, just like Ono Mizuho of Tsubaki Factory (Saorin and Maopin got ahead of her right after debut)

#203 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:17 AM

She is a bit hidden by Rio's popularity, but she is a star and i`m sure she will blow up at any moment. The future ace.

I like to compare 15ki to the glorious Rokkies (my fav gen ever):

Homachan -> Reina (the Ace type)

Rio -> Chayu (the Tarento type)

Meichan -> Eri (the Insanely Cute type)

#204 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:49 AM

Homare, in fact, was the most popular member of 15ki at first (in Japan at least, the international fandom always seems to favor Rio) but honestly management pushed Mei and Rio further

#205 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:42 PM

It's a shame because she was great in the Do It Now performance. She sounded good, her dancing was great and her facial expressions were on point. I truly think Rio and Homare would be an amazing duo of front girl.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#206 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 04:43 AM

Homare, in fact, was the most popular member of 15ki at first (in Japan at least, the international fandom always seems to favor Rio) but honestly management pushed Mei and Rio further

Yeah, one difference between Mizuho's case and Homare's case. Omizu was both the least expected member and the least pushed when she debuted, but Homare seems to have initial popularity but still gets pushed the least. I wonder what makes the management do that. Honestly, I think MM manager does unexpected things more than managers for other H!P groups do. (No offense to Rio or Mei then, since they are still skilled members)

#207 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:42 AM

^

If you want to add members who will stay in the group for 10 years, you need to get the unpopular ones over much more than you need to race ahead with the popular ones.

Management can look at Okamura and say, "She's got an audience now, she'll have an audience in 7 years when she's in the middle of the group, and in 10 years when she's a sempai."  They needed to do things before they could say that about Yamazaki and Kitagawa.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#208 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:47 AM

I think it's just more how it always works with MM. Rio was skilled enough to get a push and proved to be more popular than expected (i can see them doing a Miki with an initial push and then bye, though... ) and then you always have the member the staff wants to push, wich unfortunately leaves Homare.

It's kinda like 13th gen. Kaede's debut was hyped by fans, but Reina got all the spotlight and push.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

#209 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:10 AM

Honestly, I just think they're focusing more on pushing the more decent/good vocalists right now. Chii-chan is one of the most popular members, but in recent songs, she hasn't gotten a single solo line, and in a somewhat similar situation is Maria. Meanwhile, Chel is usually the token member that'll get a line in a predominantly FukuMaaSaku song, Kaedii and Akanechin have been getting a lot more lines here and there, and Mei/Rio seem to be like the typical girls from 15th gen to get a line or two. It sucks, but I just think that despite Homatan's initial popularity, they haven't really found her marketing point yet. Given she's another reaction queen, she'd probably be good for variety, but they don't do a lot of that. She's also been praised for her adorable looks, but UFP (thankfully) seems to be waiting to push her in more solo magazine shoots/photobooks. Meanwhile, Mei-chan came in with prior experience from the KSS with an already decent voice, and her panda-san character which whether people love it or hate it, has become a defining part of her character and thus makes her marketable towards a certain demographic of fans. Rio, on the other hand, came in brand new with already decent vocals, great stage presence/confidence, and became a prominent visual thanks to her photobook, which once again, gives her a marketing point.

In the next few years, I can see Homatan being WAY more pushed into the dance group, especially with the majority of it consisting of more senior members who may very well graduate in the next 1-3 years. I think her role will be moreso like Ayumi's in the future, where she's prominent in the dancing field, and gets a line here and there but for the most part, isn't singing a lot of solo lines. I think 15ki are all strong and can be pushed to the front in their own ways, it's just that UFP has found 2/3 of their niches and they have yet to find Homatan's.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#210 minae_nayuki

minae_nayuki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:04 PM

i stil think that Homatan is the prettiest of the three 15-ki

which is a great compliment to Rio's ace type and Meipan's idol type

if my prediction is right, she will grow into second Maria

#211 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:35 PM

From clips I've seen of the "Premium Seat" concert, the 15ki are all impressive as performers. As an entire generation, maybe the best after barely more than a year-and-a-quarter in the group. I think all three will get their share of attention.

#212 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:19 PM

Homare will be replaced by Mao for several concert. A sudden loss of audition. :(

https://twitter.com/...0713759744?s=19

#213 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:34 PM

Awww, poor Homare! I hope she recovers soon ♥

MRkgm6i.png

#214 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:29 AM

Okamura%20Homare-982381.jpg

Homare looks incredible in this photo!

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#215 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1858 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 10:09 AM

Fan of an angel <3 

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#216 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:11 PM

Poor thing. I hope they take care of her and not rush her back to activities. She's so young.

#217 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:09 PM

i almost fainted with the ''concerning Okamura Homare...'' announcement lol

#218 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:04 AM

i almost fainted with the ''concerning Okamura Homare...'' announcement lol

LOL!!! That's so cute, but yes, kinda expected. I hope there's enough Homare to last us a decade in the group ♥

MRkgm6i.png

#219 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:44 AM

i really hope she stays that long! honestly i get a feeling most current members want to stay for a long time lol

#220 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1858 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 11:01 AM

Poor Homare, I hope she gets well soon. :( 

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users