Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:51 AM

Limited Edition Tracklist update:

A: Escape MV
B: IDENTITY MV
C: Escape Dance shot

A few videos from the niconico HAL MV contest are up on YT. Airi performs the three single-release songs in front of a green screen (though TBNL, Bye Bye and Kimagure are short versions back to back in one vid). I’m linking just one, but the channel has the others too so they should be easy to find.

IDENTITY:

Airi was on the judging committee alongside video directors and sound producers. It seems that the videos are only using Airi’s music and will not feature Airi herself, so this is not the same as MM’s 2015 contest. The MVs will be original works and the ones that made it to the second round will be revealed in a premium NicoNico live. It says 5 teams would be selected for the first round, but from my understanding it’s implying that then only one will be chosen in the second round as the winner.

So with that said, we’ll be getting official MVs done by the office for Escape and IDENTITY.

#22 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

Yes this is good promotion!!!

#23 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:47 PM

The MV has just dropped!!!

#24 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

I haven't listened to the song before, but something about it just screams 2000's pop to me.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#25 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

AHHH YES I haven’t watched it yet but I’m so excited omgggg

EDIT: Okay I watched it. I had to watch it twice because the first time I was so distracted by the subs. I love the different outfits and what they did with the PV, but given the jacket covers and the concept I thought they’d do more with it, like a storyline kinda thing. This is just a beautifully shot dance PV with a few extra shots thrown in to give it some omph, but that’s it. I still loved it though. IDENTITY’s MV is going to be super basic if this is where all the budget went.

#26 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:58 AM

Trivia about the single's covers from airimania_info on twitter:

"Only the black outfit was supposed to be used for "Escape". However when she saw the 6 CD covers with only one outfit, Airi thought it was somehow bland and asked for it to be changed. Thus, the pics for the CD covers were shot at the same time as the music video. The MV location was so small and they could hardly move, but the staff prepared the set so it looks like Airi's at different places."

https://twitter.com/...959860892004352

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#27 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:02 AM

Nnnnyes, it still looks like the same set lol.

VKnn8U2.png

#28 resonant project

resonant project

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:33 PM

Airi sold 27 368 single for the first day.

Oricon source.
L-O-V-E LOVELY! HELLO ! PROJECT ;)Posted Image
()-()
(^^) ()-()
(° °) =(^^)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII∩^ω^∩IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#29 Potassium Bicarbonate

Potassium Bicarbonate

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

That's pretty good, right? I'm seeing negativity on 5ch (not that they aren't negative about everything), but the closest comparison I can make is the mid-year charts from June, which only had two female soloists in the top 50: Aimer at 40 (64,179) and LiSA at 46 (52,170), so this could end up being one of the more successful female solo efforts this year (sales only of course - streaming is starting to matter a lot more now in Japan, just look at Aimyon) given where it is after one day.

#30 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

That’s really good. I can’t remember how it compares to DMAF, tho.

The promotional ver. for IDENTITY is up, and features what I assume was the winning video in that contest.

Also checked iTunes and (in Canada) the single is missing Watashi no Migigawa. Does anyone know if the Japanese iTunes has it? I’m assuming they did this so if people want that song they gotta buy a physical copy.

#31 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

I'm not even sure if Airi did handshake events. And even if, as a solo idol those are decent sales.

VKnn8U2.png

#32 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

The PV for Identity has finally been uploaded and its amazing.

https://youtu.be/NEzDhQn-3ZU

Does this song have a collab or something?

dlapuo76c72.gif

#33 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:05 PM

^ there’s info on the MV animation contest at the top of the page.

#34 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:25 PM

Those sales are great for Airi, particularly as a UF act outside of Hello! Project. It looks like she's being taken seriously enough as a solo performer, but whether or not she continues to get this treatment or if the agency falls back into treating her like a solo idol will remain to be seen. She'll have enough of a discography available between DMAF and upcoming album songs that they shouldn't have to be in a hurry to keep pumping out singles and could breathe a little after her next album to focus on promotion and media appearances. Being promoted like a mainstream artist vs being promoted like an idol will probably be the biggest factor in how seriously the media treats her career in the future.

#35 Potassium Bicarbonate

Potassium Bicarbonate

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:12 AM

So actually, now that I've read more from people who have a better grip on the Oricon charts than I do, this seems pretty much guaranteed to end up at least as the biggest single week for any female soloist this year since that right now is just 30k and there's no way she isn't going to beat that. Not a great market for female soloists but a relatively excellent result.

#36 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:45 AM

Female solo acts are scarce right now. Japan’s more into male soloists right now.

#37 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:53 AM

That's really good sales!! I also feel like she would be the type of artist that would sell more over time.

#38 xiah_mai

xiah_mai

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:32 AM

Oricon 1st week

41RsjUePHHL._SL160_.jpg

#39 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:44 AM

Yaaayyyy I'm excited, im not big on identity but i loveee escape

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#40 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:26 PM

That’s a fantastic position!! Her first week sales are what C-ute’s were for quite a while, so the fact she’s selling that much alone on her first single release is incredible. I’m so proud of her!! ❤️

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users