• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:06 PM

We have an official announcement!! Airi will be releasing her debut single on September 4th.

She performed Escape at her May 26th performance of her Escape Tour at Shimizu Culture Center Marinato. The lyrics were written by Miho Karasawa and the composition by Kazuhiro Hara. Airi said on her Instagram that she’s excited to have a song composed by him as he’s also done a few tracks by BOA, who Airi admires.

So far all we know is that it will have 3 limited and 3 regular editions. Aside from the a-side “Escape” and it’s instrumental track, the single will also include a b-side, “IDENTITY”. It seems this will be the same CD tracklist for all editions.

I’ll update once more information is released on the DVD tracklist.

#2 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:59 PM

I just remembered that Airi "debuted" with an album, I hope this song is as good as Distance.

Morning Musume'19

#3 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:06 AM

It's weird how UFP releases debut albums before singles lol, they did the same thing with Pink Cres I think. Either way, I'm excited for this, hopefully it'll be promoted well

I8dtEOy.gif

#4 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:24 AM

Pink Cres. had two albums and then a single. I was starting to think Airi’s next release would be another album, because it seems like UF mostly releases albums these days (or mini albums). It’s a bit weird that this single is being released over a year after her official debut with DMAF... Airi needs to be a little more active release-wise I think. She’s promoted great, and she puts on great shows, has so far received good MVs and songs. So I feel like she’s just missing a more frequent release schedule.

#5 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:27 AM

It's almost western in a way, to have Airi debut with an album and then have singles to come out afterwards with a song that people have already seen. While somewhat different than the way artists in Japan usually function, it'll be interesting to see if Airi ends up with a similar kind of treatment as a western artist.

#6 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:54 PM

im super excited for this release

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#7 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:20 PM

Update!! Airi performed IDENTITY on Ongaku no Hi on the 14th. The song is a rock song, sounding a lot like something Buono! would have released. It’s a fun song that will definitely be great live! Link:

She also performed Escape earlier in the month for THE MUSIC DAY. Link;

Also, @Fallacia — Airi said in an interview around the time of the album’s release that she herself chose to debut with an album, because she wanted to showcase all the different styles she wants to do. If it was just a single she felt like she’s have to choose a side of herself so to speak, and because that would be the first impression of her solo career, she wanted something that would properly represent what she wants her career to be like and the type of music she wants to do. So an album was the best choice to do that because it could show off all the sides of her and that was important to her, not just for her current fans, but also for those who didn’t know her previously to get a solid feel for what kind of artist she is.

#8 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:31 AM

Both songs are good!! This could've been a double A-side single

#9 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

After so many years in a group, it's nice to see her trying to have a little control in carving her own path

#10 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

I know C-ute had a large following of teenage/young adult fans because their music/lyrics were more aimed at that audience. I wonder if that will carry over to Airi's solo career. She's obviously not going for the idol thing any more. I hope she has a lot of success.

My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#11 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

Airi posted on her insta story today that she filmed a music video today!! It’s likely for Escape as Identity hasn’t been confirmed to have an MV as of now. I’m excited to see what kind of MV it gets, and if it’ll be as high quality as her DMAF era MVs (the ones released on the album, anyway lol).

#12 ❤-u-den

❤-u-den

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:05 AM

Update!! Airi performed IDENTITY on Ongaku no Hi on the 14th. The song is a rock song, sounding a lot like something Buono! would have released. It’s a fun song that will definitely be great live! Link:

She also performed Escape earlier in the month for THE MUSIC DAY. Link;

Also, @Fallacia — Airi said in an interview around the time of the album’s release that she herself chose to debut with an album, because she wanted to showcase all the different styles she wants to do. If it was just a single she felt like she’s have to choose a side of herself so to speak, and because that would be the first impression of her solo career, she wanted something that would properly represent what she wants her career to be like and the type of music she wants to do. So an album was the best choice to do that because it could show off all the sides of her and that was important to her, not just for her current fans, but also for those who didn’t know her previously to get a solid feel for what kind of artist she is.

Any chance of getting these reuploaded somewhere? Seems like they were taken down, but I'd really love to hear the new songs. ^_^

TqH7Qlk.gif

#13 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

Any chance of getting these reuploaded somewhere? Seems like they were taken down, but I'd really love to hear the new songs. ^_^

Here's "IDENTITY".
https://www.bilibili...ideo/av59209249

Here's "Escape".
https://www.bilibili...ideo/av56973063

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#14 Hiroshi1

Hiroshi1

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:38 AM

Airi:D

#15 Yayomo

Yayomo

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

Airi posted the Covers on Instagram! Idk how to attach them properly but they're A's, B's, C and SP in that order.

Link: https://www.instagra...ki_official_uf/

#16 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

Wow those covers look so nice  <3  <3

#17 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

^thank you for sharing that!! Which covers do you guys like the best? I really love the spotlight ones the best, but they’re all fantastic covers — this rarely happens that they’re all so good I like them all.

There’s been an update to the tracklist:

The limited editions will still only contain Escape and IDENTITY on their CDs. The regular editions will each have an addition bonus track as well as a corresponding instrumental.

Reg A: DAYLIGHT

Reg B: THE BRAND NEW LOOK

Reg C: Watashi no Migigawa (Sound Inn 'S' Version)

#18 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:09 AM

Limited B and SP are probably my favorites, but they're all nice. Regular B is a close third. :lol:

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#19 Yayomo

Yayomo

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

The Type B's are my favourite as well. A looks the most like your typical UFP cover but she got nice covers overall. I was worried they'd just give her  3 different close ups like they used to do with ManoEri :unsure:

#20 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:58 PM

I just found out about this and it doesn’t seem like Airi posted this anywhere?

The music videos for Escape, IDENTITY, THE BRAND NEW LOOK, and Kimagure are going to be made by students of the School of Film and New Media in HAL. 20 teams are participating and there will be 5 winners (one for each MV, I’m assuming). The winners will be selected on Nico Nico by voters until August 16th, 21:50 JPT. The winners will have their MVs featured in CMs for the school, which will also help promote Airi’s release.

NicoNico https://live.nicovid...ate/lv321380068

So it’s like what they did with MM a few years back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users