• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1051 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:06 PM

We have an official announcement!! Airi will be releasing her debut single on September 4th.

She performed Escape at her May 26th performance of her Escape Tour at Shimizu Culture Center Marinato. The lyrics were written by Miho Karasawa and the composition by Kazuhiro Hara. Airi said on her Instagram that she’s excited to have a song composed by him as he’s also done a few tracks by BOA, who Airi admires.

So far all we know is that it will have 3 limited and 3 regular editions. Aside from the a-side “Escape” and it’s instrumental track, the single will also include a b-side, “IDENTITY”. It seems this will be the same CD tracklist for all editions.

I’ll update once more information is released on the DVD tracklist.

#2 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 658 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:59 PM

I just remembered that Airi "debuted" with an album, I hope this song is as good as Distance.

Morning Musume'19

#3 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Only for Harunan

• Senpai
  • 1255 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:06 AM

It's weird how UFP releases debut albums before singles lol, they did the same thing with Pink Cres I think. Either way, I'm excited for this, hopefully it'll be promoted well

I8dtEOy.gif

#4 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1051 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:24 AM

Pink Cres. had two albums and then a single. I was starting to think Airi’s next release would be another album, because it seems like UF mostly releases albums these days (or mini albums). It’s a bit weird that this single is being released over a year after her official debut with DMAF... Airi needs to be a little more active release-wise I think. She’s promoted great, and she puts on great shows, has so far received good MVs and songs. So I feel like she’s just missing a more frequent release schedule.

#5 Fallacia

Fallacia

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1291 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:27 AM

It's almost western in a way, to have Airi debut with an album and then have singles to come out afterwards with a song that people have already seen. While somewhat different than the way artists in Japan usually function, it'll be interesting to see if Airi ends up with a similar kind of treatment as a western artist.

"As people go, I assure you I'm not very judgmental. That requires effort and I am a moderately lazy person." -Richard Rossetti, Chapter 16, Waking

#6 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1620 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:54 PM

im super excited for this release

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users