• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:57 AM

Surprised this wasn't made, but I guess I can make the new thread...

So to catch up, they had their March Recitals, ~SUN~ and Kusunoki Mei finished her training and Kawano Minori is on hiatus

and now they have the Diagnosis Test Recitals coming up on 5/4

===Setlist for ~SUN~===

1. Maji Desu ka Ska! / KSS, BEYOOOOONDS

2. Sakura Night Fever / ALL

MC

3. Atsui! / BEYOOOOONDS

4. Amazuppai Haru ni Sakura Saku / KSS

5. Forest Time / Maeda, Yonemura, Matsunaga, Kanemitsu

6. Hankouki! / Kiyono, Kubota, Yamada, Matsubara, Saito, Ishiguri

7. Koi Dorobo / Satoyoshi, Yonemura, Tamenaga, Shuuto, Onoda

8. Yacchae! GO! GO! / 8 KSS -> All KSS

9. Toei Oedo-sen no Roppongi Eki de Dakishimete / CHICA#TETSU

10. GIRL ZONE / Ame no Mori Kawa Umi

MC

11. I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~ / Yonemura, Hashisako, Matsunaga, Yamada, Nakayama, Shutto, Matsubara, Saito, Ishiguri

12. Otona no Jijou / Yamazaki, Nishida, Yonemura, Onoda, Ishiguri

13. Arigata-Meiwaku Monogatari / KSS

14. Otona no Tochuu / Hirai, Ono, Nakayama, Tamenaga, Kubota, Kanemitsu

15. "Koishitai Shinto" / KSS

MC (Diagnosis Test is announced for May 4th)

16. Mirai e Tsunagu Yakusoku / ALL

17. Pyocopyoco Ultra / ALL

18. Suki-chan / ALL

Also the drawing for the Upcoming Test Recital has happened and here's the order and song chosen

https://www.youtube....h?v=rHivrqGiksE

1. Hashisako Rin / Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne

2. Onoda Karin / Koi no Jubaku

3. Yonemura Kirara / Souda! We're ALIVE

4. Shutto Anna / Help me!!

5. Tamenaga Shion / Oshare!

6. Kubota Nanami / Renai Hunter

7. Ono Kotomi / LOVE LIKE CRAZY

8. Sato Hikari / Magic of Love (J=J 2015 Ver.)

9. Ishiguri Kanami / Kimagure Princess

10. Yamazaki Mei / Mugen Climax

11. Kanemitsu Ruru / Kira Kira Fuyu no Shiny G

12. Nakayama Natsume / Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki.

13. Yamada Ichigo / GOOD BYE Natsuo

14. Kudo Yume / ROCK Erotic

15. Saito Madoka / Aisaretai no ni…

16. Matsubara Yuriya / SEXY SEXY

17. Matsunaga Riai / Gatamekira

#2 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

Both Kubota and Ishiguri did exactly what I do any time I get those numbers and have to remember whether the line is the base or top. There are some curious song selections that should be be interesting to see. But also, Yuliya, no... lol. It's like Nanami getting the center for that song all over again.

18. Suki-chan / ALL

I kind of wonder now if they'll do the full bit for Suki-chan with everyone's name, skip it entirely, or change it in some way. I think it would actually be kind of funny if they extended it out for every single person on stage.

#3 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

I'm so hyped for this. I hope we get rips quickly!

Since Kubota is my fav I really wish she'd chosen a song where it's easier to show off. I want her to shine in this so badly ;;

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#4 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

Yay! This is my favorite time of the year!

#5 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1226 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

I'm excited to see Yamada singing! I'm not sure taht Good Bye Natsuo is a good choice but look forward it!

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#6 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:11 AM

While the number of KSS is getting smaller it seems like the interest in the recitals has grown. The video of the lottery from 2017 has 635 likes, the one from 2018 has 561 likes and this year's video has 717 likes already.

Could just as well be e.g. the more smartly chosen thumbnail or the upcoming MM generation. I love to think it's about the grown interest in h!p in general tho bc what are positive trends good for if not to support wishful thinking? lolol

(well last year's video was clearly kinda boring with only the future Beyonds girls pulling numbers)

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#7 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:58 AM

I'm wondering if they don't have someone to help them with their song selection.

I want all of them to do their absolute best, and that includes the right song.

Stay away from pre Maki MM, Platinum Era, Matsuura, Elders Club etc...

Go with early Berryz/C-ute, S/mileage, early J=J, Country Girls, anime songs, shuffle songs.

The right song that gets them to shine the brightest.

A current example of choosing the right song was at the ~Team Taikou Uta Gassen~

Eripon and Ami were in the same group, they went with a fun S/mileage song.

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#8 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:48 AM

I can agree with a lot of that sentiment. You're correct that it really depends on the KSS and the song. To the extent that their instructors are the ones that oversee their growth, they already know what the weaknesses are for those members and it'll be well documented for any consequential decisions about debuts or auditions.

Someone like Oota Haruka, who got my lowest scores in both 2017 and 2018 for vocals, is an example of someone who could benefit from showing off an energetic performance without as much of a focus on vocals.  Now she's in Angerme where her weaknesses can be covered by a diverse group while she continues to improve vocally. In the case of someone else who may be great at singing but can barely hold together an Ayaya Shuffle, they might be better off singing "dearest" and avoiding any songs with intense choreography that could detract from their control and breathing if their purpose is to deliver their best possible performance.

These "tests" are usually more about letting the KSS show off rather than any type of objective examination of their full range of capabilities, so I'm all for tailored performances. Matsubara had the best example of that last year when her answer to why she picked Shunrenka was "because it's easy!" Some trainees are just going to have songs that they really like though, and would want to perform them even if they aren't the best fit. Unless there is some kind of guidance being given to "help" them choose the right song, sometimes you're just going to have the guy that wants to scream Crawling at a talent show even if his best skill is as a classical cellist.

#9 Solarbladepsy

Solarbladepsy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1197 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:36 AM

^

On that same note, seeing Matsubara performing SEXY SEXY just doesn't feel right at all...not just because it's something vocally difficult, but I mean an 11 year old doing something risque is just a smidge bit questionable (but that's my Western viewpoint I suppose)

#10 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:09 AM

I grew up in a large family with sisters and cousins that were into western pop, hip-hop, rap, and such at that age, so I thankfully have enough of an understanding of what I assume is Yuliya's mindset that I can mostly roll my eyes at her song choice, along with much else that comes with some of the things that girls her age (or H!P members in general) will say or do. When girls their age were regularly surrounded by older peers, it was common enough that they tried to prove their maturity while simultaneously mistakenly equating "mature" and "grown up" in the process. Matsubara has probably just arrived at the point now where being allowed to wear make-up simply doesn't elicit the same kind of praise that it used to and might feel like she has something to prove. Whether or not it'll be weird or awkward to anyone that hasn't helped raise a rambunctious sister or daughter (or in the case of the instructors, girls in general) isn't something that probably would have crossed the minds of anyone that may be involved with setting up the event, and certainly not something Matsubara would have thought about at all.

Considering her history with performances though, it's as likely that she'll spend most of the time trying not to forget the choreography. So I imagine the performance will be comparable to a puppy wearing a suit and hat; at least as awkward as it is adorable, but you can't really be upset with the puppy for having the hat on crooked.

#11 SaphRose

SaphRose

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:07 AM

^

On that same note, seeing Matsubara performing SEXY SEXY just doesn't feel right at all...not just because it's something vocally difficult, but I mean an 11 year old doing something risque is just a smidge bit questionable (but that's my Western viewpoint I suppose)

It's not a "western" viewpoint that an 11 year old shouldn't be trying to act sexy. That's pretty universal.

#12 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:41 PM

Yeah, all we have to pray for salvation of Yuriya's sinful soul.

#13 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

IMO It's more about Yuriya just learning how to swim and they're letting her jump in to the deep end with a 7nin J=J song.

Same with Ichigo, she picked another song that's way too much for her.

Seems like nobody pulls them aside and tells them stuff like,

"Hey, ever heard of Athena & Robikerottsu or Shugo Chara Egg!? I think it'll suit you better."

Or... "These are the songs we have that were sung by our members when they were your age, maybe you can find one you like."

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#14 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14635 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:11 AM

Letting them produce their own performance - that will be seen by a real audience - seems like an alright enough way for the instructors to get an idea of which members understand their strengths, and gives members (especially newer/younger) the solo room in a live setting to test their limits and figure out what they need to work on. If it's anything like having your art teacher comment on your work vs displaying it for public viewing, there's probably a big difference between being told during rehearsal and feeling it out on stage.

As far as Yuriya goes, I get why it's an issue. I'm hoping she has a little comedy planned for us (though she won't be able to avoid either way; nobody will even get close to taking her seriously with that song).

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#15 himefactory

himefactory

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, when I was Yuriya's age I was coming up with a quite "grown up" choreography for a Destiny's Child song and performed it with some other girls at a school event without a thought on my mind that there could be something controversial about it. She is smol and a baby compared to the other girls but she also is one of them and props looks up to the older girls and wants to show off. Hell, she has such struggle even saying the songs name, I really think she is a bit embarrased but determined to show people that she's "not a little girl". Which she is of course, but you know. I see the logic in her situation and don't think it should be treated so seriously as she is just a kid trying out things.

#16 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:15 AM

Should have sung I'm a Lady now by Hotzmic  :lol:

6DYNteh.png

#17 Yuachii

Yuachii

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

I mean, she's definitely got the whole fandom talking about her, right? Her performance may not be great (and honestly, it shouldn't be) but she's definitely getting some extra publiciy. Little Yuliya's a master of stirring people up lol

#18 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:14 AM

I doubt shes being controversial to possibly gain popularity is a ploy just by herself though; unless she's some genius that understands marketing better than most adults. Either it was someone's idea, or she really thinks she can do it well.
Or she got heat for choosing shunrenka last year due to it being "simple" (her words) and she's trying to make up for it.

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#19 Yuachii

Yuachii

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:06 AM

Oh, yeah, I didn't mean to imply she was doing it on purpose LOL.  Just seems that she always manages to get people talking one way or another!

#20 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:52 AM

Edit: I’m stupid

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users