271 replies to this topic

#101 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

Really a shame they forgot the VR thing until the last part :/

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#102 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, that's the thing that I meant. Sometimes they add nice concept but don't pull them off to the end.

It's still a decent video, but aside from the very short VR parts it's nothing special - a dance shot in front of a set.

Now I'm a bit anxious because I thought Jinsei Blues would be the obligatory dance shot MV.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#103 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:27 PM

Yes it's a little sad they don't use the idea just a little more to complete the dance shot even more. But for a B side it's allready a better MV than usual. Can't wait for Jinsei Blues.

#104 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:28 AM

Quote MV for new page

Seishun Night (Promotion Edit)

Agree with everyone. It started so good and looked like we were gonna get something different in the MV but it lead to nothing special...

#105 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:46 AM

Now that I've seen the outfits in action, I think I've come around to some of them a bit more. Kaede still just looks like she was made for that outfit though.

#106 Zoe

Zoe

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:49 AM

I wonder if they meant for this song to come out earlier. All of the Chii stuff is very wintery.

#107 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:03 AM

Do they still do different versions of the MVs for the DVDs? Maybe they’ll edit it differently and we’ll see more of it. It really should have been showcased more because it was such a fun idea.

#108 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:08 AM

Oh my, not even A Gonna was this bad. I hate the song, and call me silly, but I don't like to see Reina and Kaede playing second fiddle to Chisaki. Anyway! Akane is practically invisible in this video :(

MRkgm6i.png

#109 ❤-u-den

❤-u-den

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:22 AM

How is it that MM is somehow the most boring of the current H!P groups? I actually think this song is a step up from the last two singles (which I don't remember at all) but it's just so... safe, familiar, done before in better songs. I haven't felt a spark from MM since BRAND NEW MORNING, tbh, Jinsei Blues has some appeal but it's not amazing - maybe I'll like it more with the PV coming out. Overall, these two songs are far more listenable than the last two singles, but... they're still super safe and it just feels like too little at this point. Having not felt love for an MM song since 2017 feels crummy.

TqH7Qlk.gif

#110 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:14 AM

^The reason for the probably safe single is they're sticking to the sound formula they had success with in the previous releases. Seishun sounds like a washed-out Jealousy=Jealousy while I can hear a bit of the the Renai Hunter music form pattern in Jinsei Blues.

Another thing is they're getting all the shorter end of the stick this year with ANGERME and Juice=Juice having high-profile graduations, and MM had just wrapped up their 20th anniversary promotions. I guess it's just UFP's nature to really juggle the budget around and push groups by placing bigger budgets in their overall production. I'm also expecting an earlier release date for this single but then we had a Best album a few months ago, which should explain why we're getting our first '19 single in the middle of the year. How they treated MM during '18 is a lot better though, they had a proper PV for a mini album original song.

Untitled-1.jpg

#111 stereo

stereo

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

As usual it's about taste. "Are you happy" is really Amazing, the MV is amazing. The rythm is such a master piece for people like me who have listened a lot of Electronic music in their youth on the night club in Zurich, after party in Paris, rave or festival... So these two songs appeals to differents kind of taste and that greats. The first time i have hear the rythm of Free world it was a shock. How Tsunku can have been able to capture exactly what i have experienced on Holliday to Montreal, 20 years ago at the Stereo club ? That was crazy for me. It makes echo to my musical history. And it's insane to have a composer who can do that. Who can makes me love "Hand made city" , kimagura princess and Are you Happy. There are songs for everyone and it's fine if sometimes it's more hard for you to get into. But try. Just try !

#112 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:52 PM

From Young Town Douyoubi today

Jinsei Blues (Long radio preview)

#113 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1856 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

Must admit Jinsei Blues is the weaker A-Side of this single.

Seishun Night 9/10

Jinsei Blues 7/10

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#114 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

Jinsei Blue is so catchy. My only problem is the random letter you can hear in the background during the 2nd part. It's annoying XD Glad there's at least one one good A-Side. Not expecting a lot from the MV, though.

Outside of the obvious Mizuki/Sakura/Ayumi group lines, i think i heard Maria and Reina getting a decent amount of group lines as well. Still a lot of lines where i'm not sure if i'm listening a solo or a group line so can't wait to see the MV.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#115 Kumi-chan

Kumi-chan

Aiolia's wife

• Senpai
  • 1231 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:44 PM

Seishun Night is so forgettable but the MV is great. Jinsei Blues is SOOOOO good. I really like it. I hope the MV is going to be as great as the song! It has been a while since I enjoyed a song by MM.

~Peacefuldays

K-A-T-T-U-N, K-A-T-T-U-N

Yes, we wish mata ashita mo yasashii hi ga noboru you ni~

#116 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

Tbh, I was more excited with the preview, the MV is not bad but It could have been better. Maybe it'Lloyd be better for Jinsei Blues considering it's the main A-side.

Morning Musume'19

#117 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

The MV to seishun night is so weird, i like it a lot.. don't know if the song is one i would listen to over and over again, but I like it when I do listen to it

Jinsei Blues has the I should hate it but I love it effect on me, which usually turns into "i have listened to this song so much my brain doesnt know what other sounds are anymore", so... i think i like it haha

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#118 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

Both songs sound 90% recycled to me. For Jinsei Blues, I could even sing along to the second part of the chorus without having listened to the song before.  :ph34r:

Don't get me wrong, they are kind of "stuck in your head" songs - but mostly because they remind me of other songs.  

MM has had some songs that felt a little bit more fresh (Are you Happy and Furari Ginza come to mind), but this single just sounds like another "safe" single to me. Which is a pity, because I feel like other H!P groups have been getting quite good songs recently. 

Same goes for the MV. I'm kinda sad that MM doesn't get the same quality other groups get (I mean: Accha Accha was like one of the most creative MVs they've produced, ever). And I don't understand why, since they still call them their "flagship group". I don't get the strategy behind giving the least budget to the most well-known group.

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#119 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

Both songs sound 90% recycled to me. For Jinsei Blues, I could even sing along to the second part of the chorus without having listened to the song before.  :ph34r:

Don't get me wrong, they are kind of "stuck in your head" songs - but mostly because they remind me of other songs.  

MM has had some songs that felt a little bit more fresh (Are you Happy and Furari Ginza come to mind), but this single just sounds like another "safe" single to me. Which is a pity, because I feel like other H!P groups have been getting quite good songs recently. 

Same goes for the MV. I'm kinda sad that MM doesn't get the same quality other groups get (I mean: Accha Accha was like one of the most creative MVs they've produced, ever). And I don't understand why, since they still call them their "flagship group". I don't get the strategy behind giving the least budget to the most well-known group.

If UFP still relies fully on Tsunku to write songs for MM, you cannot expect something out of the ordinary. As for the MV, since most MM's singles involve EDM songs, MVs similar to Haru Urara or Accha Accha are impossible. It is a sad thing, but I think UFP has already planned to push other groups above MM, or maybe UFP doesn't dare to break the tradition of MM since it's too risky.

#120 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

^
^
They’re called the flagship group because the 1st Generation of Morning Musume helped found Hello!Project in the first place. Unfortunately that doesn’t always mean they’re always going to get great promotion. UFP seem a little more interested in promoting the other Hello!Project groups at the moment, which is rather disappointing after all the promotions for the 20th Anniversary, but hopefully things will get better soon promotionwise once this single is out in the shops and the new 15th Gen members have finally been announced

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users