• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

SGO48 is a projected overseas AKB48 sister group based in Vietnam's city Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Saigon).

https://twitter.com/...737642819239937

#2 kurebesu

kurebesu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

Ughhhh, SGO is such an ugly name lmao.... SGN48 sounds better imo?????

also.... do we seriously need more overseas groups?

creator of j-pop line distribution channel jpopheaven

#3 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

shouldn't they have announced this during the AKB world senbatsu elections? lol 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#4 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

Okay they better not ever make an NYC48 or a EUR48

Posted Image

#5 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

All these sister groups seem to be for asian countries only right now... I don't see them making one for a western country any time soon... the culture shock might be too much for people 

#6 arden

arden

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

may be they chose SGO48, so that the group will have the first Team O. S, G, N is already an existing team. just a theory.

#7 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:14 AM

This is getting to be too much.

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#8 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

I want to be able to get into the 48G again, but it's just become so diluted that nothing has any meaning anymore. Teams are shuffled and bloated constantly so why form an attachment to a team if they are just going to be rearranged in a year? Why like any low-ranking or no-ranking members if you'll barely be able to see them in a music video or get any subtitled content for them? If the entire organization of the group(s) is consumed by the SSK, what is the point anymore? With each addition the members are becoming less valuable and more replaceable-- and look, now the language I'm using to describe the situation sounds like I'm talking about dispensable items or products. Most of what these girls do for fans is a strategy to get ranked. For a foreign fan, there's no payout for me. Why get emotionally invested if management is going to ignore the girl unless they're Senbatsu Material? How is NGT special compared to STU or HKT or anything? Why should I like one girl over another? There are so many to keep track of and it's overwhelming. When there's so many options, everything becomes the same. Adding more foreign sister groups are just taking Aki-P's time and money from the real structural issues he needs to be focusing on to make AKB better.

But who cares? More money in his pocket in the end.

Posted Image

#9 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

^Just focus on one group then? You don't need to worry about what the other groups are doing if you only care for one, no one is asking you to follow every single group lol. 

Even if you only follow AKB, you're still not required to know all the SG members and definitely not the overseas group who do nothing for the japanese franchise other than fill Aki-P's pockets. You can easily follow AKB and the lineup will be relatively stable in terms of senbatsu, and if you only support one or two teams, they've only just started in their new teams so they'll be like that for the next couple years, you don't need to worry about too much changes. AKS have been finally making a mend to AKB so if they continue like this AKB will be fine, not diluted at all. 

#10 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

TPE48 is practically in debt before their official debut and instead of focusing on that and helping fix the problems, Aki-P announces the formation of SGO48. *sigh*

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#11 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

I dont know why people feel so stressed over the new sister groups and "remembering all members" like... you dont have to...
You can literally just remember the AKB senbatsu and thats all you need. Even tho for me, I love discovering new idols among the sister groups because there are some great finds.

And then the overseas sister groups dont affect the Japanese ones AT ALL. I'm not sure if AKS even owns them. They are just a contract between AkiP and a foreign agency for them to use the 48 songs and name.

Some of them might flop, altho so far JKT BNK and SNH have been doing just great.

Just have fun guys, dont overthink and stress over things.

Also there are differences between NGT STU HKT and etc. Each group has its own individuality that you can see once you get to know the members.

#12 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:09 AM

Spoiler

Anyway, back to the original topic. I actually really like the SGO name. It sounds nice, like an app or something. They can make a cool catchphrase with it or something. "Let's go with SGO! SGO48 Fighting!" or something.

Posted Image

#13 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

Looking at their website (which is one page only) at the bottom it shows HAN48 (as in Hanoi48). Hmmmmm.

http://sgo48.vn/

Funny too how this group was announced even before MUM48 has been officially formed.

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#14 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

I guess HAN48 will be the Vietnamese agency that manages 48 group/s that operate there

#15 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

^

Interesting! Thanks for the info :)

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

#16 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:42 AM

So, I guess next week the first gen will be revealed! Their youtube channel also features videos of the finalists.

Honda Vietnam is also SGO's sponsor lol

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

#17 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:45 AM

800px-SGO48Nov2018.jpg

29 Members for 1st gen ^_^ The oldest member was born in 1997 and the youngest in 2006.

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

#18 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

4 posts in a row, I'm sorry.....

But the girls had their debut!!

SGO48 PERFORMANCE OF THE DREAM setlist

00. Overture
01. Shonichi
MC
02. Aitakatta
03. Shoujotachi yo
MC
04. SGO48 (Đoan Thảo - Hikari center)

Aitakatta

https://youtu.be/a_usKY6igl4

Shoujotachi yo

Saigon48

Shonichi

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

#19 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

(this was uploaded March 31st 2019 and saying it's their debut so idk lol)

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

#20 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:23 AM

First single: Heavy Rotation

MV:

(The teaser has over 1 million views! :w00t: )

~Oda Sakura

~Sato Masaki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users