Photo

[6/13] Morning Musume '18 65th Single - Are you Happy? / A gonna (Double A-Side)

Morning Musume

• Please log in to reply
878 replies to this topic

#41 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:33 PM

It’s okay to be upset that Haachin isn’t getting the sendoff that Kudo, Zukki and Riho got. But let’s face the facts - Despite being one of the more beloved ones amongst the members, she didn’t have much popularity. And then add in the fact that she’s really only been in the group for three years. Some girls who have had the same tenure didn’t even get the send off that Haachin’s getting (Koharu, JunLin, Arihara Kanna, Umeda Erika, etc). Remember Rio’s graduation single? It was literally just a tie in song + a farewell song that only featured the vocals of the main four. We can’t be expecting her to get the same level of attention as more popular, longer tenured girls. The fact that she’s even getting her own graduation single is a huge step.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#42 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

Seems not all the MM'18 members are excited about the single XDOnly 3 (Ayumin, Sakura, Haachin) out of 10 posted blogs tonight had mentioned the single

That's how forgettable this single is :P

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#43 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

I'm so disappointed.. Both songs are really meh to me  :( but still I hope we'll get more focus on Haachin in the MVs <3

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#44 ranghurl

ranghurl

Sakuraddicted

• Senpai
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

Their recent singles doesn't have that wow factor anymore as compared to every song that came out when sayu was a leader.. Nowadays, i find myself liking only 1 song out of the 3 songs in their triple a single.. It feels sad that MM's songs have lost luster.. Are you happy is tolerable while A gonna is meh.. Hachin could have at least a memorable line or is center for any of the songs just like zukki..

J3FRfVi.jpg

#45 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

^If they really are using those outfits, then they need to fire whoever designs their costumes, because that's about as far away in concept to the song as you can get.

Not really. I haven’t seen any English translations yet for the entire song, but I do know that Sakura’s solo line translates as “Ah, my make up just won’t stay on”. To me that kind of line doesn’t exactly go with a fancy flashy costume and is suited more to everyday clothes. You neve know, they might have another set of costumes for parts of the MV like they’ve done with some previous A-side songs

#46 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

English translation of A-Gonna was posted earlier.
http://nogistreet.tu...ish-translation

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#47 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

English translation of A-Gonna was posted earlier.
http://nogistreet.tu...ish-translation

Thanks for the link :) Looking at the lyrics in full it does seem like the kind of song that everyday outfits would suit best along with maybe some more fancier matching outfits for the dance shots for the MV. We’ve only heard the live versions of both songs so far. The studio versions and the MVs might end up being better than expected and win people over :)

#48 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

Just a speculation... what if the outfits are not for A gonna but for Are you happy?

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#49 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

It's a possibility, but since Fuku/Saku are center of the first row, i think they're for A Gonna... And it might be stupid, but i want to believe if it was for Are You Happy, Haachin would be center or the first row or at least with the whole 12th gen XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

#50 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

^^ Just quoting some of the previous replies on the other threads

Several of the members (possibly all of them) seem to have a letter A somewhere on their outfit

I don't think it really fit a cool EDM song like Are You Happy. The 3rd a side is a possibility, but the a on some of the girls'outfits + FukuSaku center on the first row scream A Gonna to me. And i think those outfits work with the hip-hop/EDM vibe of the song. Remind me of the Jealousy Jealousy outfits.

#51 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Disappointed that we don't get to look forward to a new song, but I like both songs so I'm still happy. It'd be nice if we got a B-side that was Haachin-heavy but I doubt it. I think Are You Happy is a good last song though (I'm pretty sure she has that recurring speaking line, right?). It feels like a graduation song in the same way the "Kimi Sae" had that Graduation feel to it for Reina, something in the composition made it a little intense in my opinion and that shows in this song as well. Excited to see what they're gonna do for the MVs tho. They will probably give Haachin a decent amount of spotlight in Are You Happy.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#52 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

^ The speaking parts are Haachin and Maria. We just don't know who get what. The laugh at the end could be her but we don't know for sure. The Koko Kara Dashite in the 1st part sound like solo lines for Haachin and Miki, but we're not 100% sure. And she have the "Watashi... Watashi" in the 2nd part.

#53 kurebesu

kurebesu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

I feel like I'm one of the few who looooves A gonna!! (i think it needs more maachan though lmao cant get everything)

creator of j-pop line distribution channel jpopheaven

#54 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

Thanks, I hate it.

This single is probably the worst single since Chokkan 2.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#55 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

A Gonna kinda sucks, but I like Are you happy?. I add my voice to the opinions that this is a slap in the face to Haachin. Sure, she wasn't a favorite for fans, but she and every girl in the group deserve to get something that conmemorates their tenure in the group, no matter if they were favorites or not. After all, part of popularity is due to management who decides who gets pushed in our faces and who doesn't.

MRkgm6i.png

#56 Nisaponchu16

Nisaponchu16

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:53 PM

I feel like I'm one of the few who looooves A gonna!! (i think it needs more maachan though lmao cant get everything)

I love A gonna too. I think the song is quirky. And if Haachin is happy with A gonna and she considers the song as 'a song about her', what are we complaining about here?

#57 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1647 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:06 PM

A Gonna kinda sucks, but I like Are you happy?. I add my voice to the opinions that this is a slap in the face to Haachin. Sure, she wasn't a favorite for fans, but she and every girl in the group deserve to get something that conmemorates their tenure in the group, no matter if they were favorites or not. After all, part of popularity is due to management who decides who gets pushed in our faces and who doesn't.

At the bold part, QFT!

And also, we shouldn't compare recent graduation singles to yesteryear's. I believe ever since Ai-chan's graduation single, every graduating member has either got a solo song or the graduating member is featured heavily on the main a-side of the single (with the exception Aika but we know her situation was unique).

Now for Haachin's graduation single, which I agree is quite rush, but I believe the management has been made aware of the plans that there is a possibility she may graduate, so I don't see why they couldn't at the very least make this a triple a-side single, with one that Haachin is featured heavily as the front girl. A single like Kanon's last one would have been nice. Why are they not milking her graduation is something that I don't understand. And it's the first physical single for MM in 2018, why not do a triple a-side single?

I think the only saving point at this part is to have a b-side that is dedicated to her and have her as the visual centre for the MV of "Are You Happy?". I am quite sure she will be the centre girl in the single covers.

#58 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:37 AM

i dont think its a rushed single, their latest release was on October from last year, that makes a 8 month lap between the 2 singles.

and i REALLY hope UFA doesnt plan to release just one single this year :) sometimes i feel like they are trying to push MM away, and make ANGERME their main group lol

#59 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

remember they released 2 albums too recently... and airi debut too
i think thats why they slowing down MM single this year... 2 single this year it seem..
if they force to release 3 single this year with all of them triple A it would need too much time to produce..
3 triple-A single 2 album, how can they focus with other group and airi?? uf is not big enough to handle all of this anyway

MM still the most getting push currently i think ... u can count all their work

#60 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:12 AM

For real...? I'm so far removed from any hype for this single. I've listened to these two songs several times already, and I can't hum either melody or tell you about either song in any specifics. They're both just so generic. 

Oga's graduation is obviously a sidepiece since she hasn't been around long enough to have gravitational pull.... but not even that can save this single from being the most abysmally hype-less single in years. 

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users