Photo

[6/13] Morning Musume '18 65th Single - Are you Happy? / A gonna (Double A-Side)

Morning Musume

• Please log in to reply
878 replies to this topic

#21 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Just re-post this outfit here
Let's see if it is the official outfit for A gonna XD

DcB-W1EV4AAWoGW.jpg
https://twitter.com/...930856184197120

#22 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

^If they really are using those outfits, then they need to fire whoever designs their costumes, because that's about as far away in concept to the song as you can get.

#23 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

Given how full the schedule is likely going to be (with rehearsals, the stage musical, concerts leading up to Budokan, single promotions) and the short notice on her graduation, I'm not the least bit surprised we're getting a double featuring these two songs. I'm willing to bet things would look somewhat different if they had been able to push her graduation back a litle.

That being said, I'm looking for Ogata to get some kind of small nod in one of the music videos. I enjoy both songs, so this should be great (and I hope they use the leaked costumes - I like them).

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#24 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

Huh? I think they're cute outfits haha. Plus they're pretty on-trend for Tokyo.

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#25 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

There may be a B-side, since from the recent double A-side single from MM there was (i.e. Brand New Morning and Toki Sora).

That being said, they don't seem to really care much about Haruna's graduation, so a Summer Night Town 20th anniversary version would probably more likely sadly.

#26 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

^^The outfits themselves are fine, but they don't match the song. The song's more dark and urban, and those outfits use about every color in the rainbow.

They at least had the right idea when they performed it at HinaFes

#27 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

There may be a B-side, since from the recent double A-side single from MM there was (i.e. Brand New Morning and Toki Sora).

That being said they don't seem to really care much about Haruna's graduation so a Summer Night Town 20th anniversary version would probably more likely sadly.

If we get a a B-Side, that’s totally what i expect. If that’s the case, i don’t expect anything for’her. Maybe 12th gen doing the "For you" "I want you" or a "Ah" but that’s it.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#28 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:35 AM

I'm totally fine with these outfits if they fit the music videos. Tbh considering it's a summer single I'll expect at least one summery MV. They could totally go for a "being at the club in summer" look with these.

I'm wondering if they didn't plan to release two singles this year and the A-sides we have now were just some songs they had ordered at Tsunku anyway (just like we have a lot of unreleased songs atm). So they were just planned as being performed normally in the spring tour.

I mean why in the world would they release a double A-side instead of triple A otherwise? This will hurt their constantly increasing sales numbers.

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#29 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

It really feels like they weren't planning to release a single yet and are rushing one out for haachin's graduation.

It's been a good year so far for the company, so I hate the fact that it feels like they're dropping the ball with their flagship group, with a graduation no less.

There's still time to prove me wrong, but they're going to have to pull something out of their ass to make it work.

Airi's album comes out the week before, so they're double dipping big time for June. I'm not sure how much that'll affect sales for either of them.

#30 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

...Well that sucks

I don't really like either song, and it seems so awkward to have only 2 a-sides for a graduation single... I'm disappointed.

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#31 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

What a rush... although the style of these songs are interesting.

#32 FoxGod

FoxGod

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

Confirmed:
Oda Sakura blog: https://ameblo.jp/mo...0068520081.html
Ogata Haruna blog: https://ameblo.jp/mm...0086725501.html

#33 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

This single seems kinda bland for me. A gonna is probably going to grab me once the PV is out, but it seems kinda unmemorable for a graduation single.

#34 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

I'm happy they finally announced a new single.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#35 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

I hope the MVs are good. The A gonna outfits are my favourites they've had in a while so I think I'll probably like that one. I like it when they have outfits that look more like regular clothes rather than costumes.

I feel like I'm the only person who's super hyped for this single. 12th gen song? Yes please! A Gonna is super catchy and has cute outfits. I can't wait for mv previews.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#36 dorkycaramel

dorkycaramel

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

^^ Yeah, that’s why i said just in case. She also confirmed A Gonna is about her.
They were already planning a new single, so if they really wanted to put a 3rd song on it, i think it wouldn’t be that hard.

Are you sure A gonna is about Haachin though? Do you have a source or something as It doesn’t seem to be about her at all and she didn’t even talk about it in any official statement or anything. And she herself said in her blog they recorded both songs before her deciding to graduate so that makes no sense.

#37 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

^ She said it herself during an event to a member of this forum, so yes, Even before she said it, Japanese fans assumed it was for her because of the lyrics. The staff knew she might graduate since she was waiting the results. I think both songs were made "just in case" she would be accepted.

Here’s the translation of A Gonna : http://nogistreet.tu...ish-translation

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#38 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

^ Here it is the reply by Akarin in Haachin's thread

I don't think "A gonna" is going to be Haa-chin's graduation song. But after seeing "A gonna" performed live yesterday made me really love it even more! And the lyrics written by Tsunku-san in Kansai-ben really accurately portrays Haa-chin's journey in MM & supports her future. It has such a deep meaning. Tsunku-san is really amazing. I had a chat with Haa-chin yesterday when I was buying curry, and when I started talking in kansai-ben, she told me to read the lyrics of "A gonna" since they were in Kansai-ben & that it was about her & she enjoyed the recording.

#39 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:58 PM

What a slap to Haachin's face. I would expect a triple a-side single since it's a graduation single. Not pleased with the news.

And "A Gonna" is a pretty lacklustre song. I haven't heard about "Are You Happy?" so can't comment on that.

This could easily go down to be the worst graduation single in recent years.

People who are only around for three and a half years tend to not get a big send off. I'm not sure why people are so surprised.

#40 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

Seems not all the MM'18 members are excited about the single XD
Only 3 (Ayumin, Sakura, Haachin) out of 10 posted blogs tonight had mentioned the single

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users