Photo

[6/13] Morning Musume '18 65th Single - Are you Happy? / A gonna (Double A-Side)

Morning Musume

• Please log in to reply
878 replies to this topic

#1 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

Spoiler

332c4b3bfb9a29a2c3480fda533b17cb04129824

As announced in the Sapporo daytime show today (5/5),
Morning Musume '18 will release their 65th single 「Are you Happy?/A gonna」(Double A-Side) on 6/13
This is also Haachin's last single

@morningmusume18
https://twitter.com/...657655024963585

---

THREAD INDEX by Ayumine :good:

---

H!P Official release page
http://www.helloproj...tail/EPCE-7398/

CD Tracklist

• Are you Happy? [04:17]
  • A gonna [03:35]
  • Are you Happy? (Instrumental) [04:16]
  • A gonna (Instrumental) [03:37]

Are you Happy?

• Lyrics and Composition: Tsunku
  • Arrangement: Hirata Shoichiro
A gonna
  • Lyrics and Composition: Tsunku
  • Arrangement: Okubo Kaoru

DVD Tracklist

• Limited Edition A
    • Are you Happy? (Music Video) [05:16]
  • Limited Edition B
    • A gonna (Music Video) [04:16]
  • Limited Edition SP
    • Are you Happy? (Dance Shot Ver.) [04:24]
    • A gonna (Dance Shot Ver.) [03:46]
    • Are you Happy? (MV Shoot Making Footage) [13:46]

Covers

Limited Edition A
ee4e2e678a87e40400f2dcd2ca1c2b4d2c96dfed

Limited Edition B
a343c40b0d20bbff50d8f9924f52f59c0f4f0e63

Limited Edition SP
175bb087368f009b95dc5592a4e62c844a841df1

Regular Edition A
b1e7d08bc1c6c2915fcdae5c0d789351f707d466

Regular Edition B
34187e5daab81e0b21734b425f05d22e4e5faae0

MV

A gonna (Promotion Edit)

Are you Happy? (Promotion Edit)

Are you Happy? VR

A gonna VR

#2 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:00 AM

I’m so dissapointed... Not really surprised, but dissapointed... Well, let’s just hope we’re right about the Koko Kara Dashite being solo parts, if it’s true, it will be a bit less dissapointing...

Still gonna buy both Regular Editions. It’s my last chance to get her card... Hope there will be a SP edition with a special’cover for her as well...

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#3 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

man, they really were unprepared for Haachin's graduation.

#4 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

So sad to know there is no 3rd A-side song
and Haachin does not have any graduate song

Spoiler

At least my prediction for the release date is correct

#5 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

Oh my God! I really thougt there was going to be a Triple A-side this time. Sad for Ogata, but  I guess it was expected since her annoucement was very sudden, and probably management didn't want to change things for her graduation.

Morning Musume'19

#6 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:09 AM

man, they really were unprepared for Haachin's graduation.

And yet they wrote two songs just in case her graduation would be confirmed :S

Considering boh songs were recorded before her results, i don’t think time or preparation was really a problem.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

#7 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

^But didn't herself say that both songs were recorded way before  she announce it?

Morning Musume'19

#8 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:13 AM

Both songs are written by Tsunku
so we cannot hear a song written by someone else this time  :(

#9 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:13 AM

^^ Yeah, that’s why i said just in case. She also confirmed A Gonna is about her.

They were already planning a new single, so if they really wanted to put a 3rd song on it, i think it wouldn’t be that hard.

#10 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:15 AM

What a slap to Haachin's face. I would expect a triple a-side single since it's a graduation single. Not pleased with the news.

And "A Gonna" is a pretty lacklustre song. I haven't heard about "Are You Happy?" so can't comment on that.

This could easily go down to be the worst graduation single in recent years.

#11 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

^^Yeah, I agree. Since the tracklist is not annouced yet we can hope for a B-side for her. MM Double A-sides singles feature at least one B-side song.

Morning Musume'19

#12 yuumaa

yuumaa

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

I’m personally hype for this! Sad it’s released after I leave Japan but still excited to hear the songs properly. Are You Happy is one of my fav songs atm!

*’18*

{ 1) Sato Masaki 2)Makino Maria 3)Haga Akane }

Fav OG 1) Sayumi Michishige 2)Tsuji Nozomi 3)Ogata Haruna 4)Kago Ai 5)Kudo Haruka

#13 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

I hope they at least dedicate one of the B-side songs to Haachin if they include any. There’s still time for them to do that, right?

It’s disappointing that it’s just a double A-side, but at the same time they’re going to be extremely busy from June 1st to June 20th including promoting this single, so releasing it as a double A-side is the better option for them workload wise since it means less songs to do promotion work for. The girls are going to need a holiday after all of this

#14 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

^ Not holding my breath, but let’s hope we’ll get something... And by something i mean not another Fuku/Maa/Saku center where she get a random line and nothing else XD

What a slap to Haachin's face. I would expect a triple a-side single since it's a graduation single. Not pleased with the news.
And "A Gonna" is a pretty lacklustre song. I haven't heard about "Are You Happy?" so can't comment on that.
This could easily go down to be the worst graduation single in recent years.

It’s not that better. Just a generic EDM song. The lyrics kinda make it sound like a grad song, but the rest, not so much. She’s not even center, it’s not the main song, the whole 12th gen get some focus but you can clearly see the few parts Haachin get are made so they can easily turn the song into a Maria/Miki song after her grad... The only really interisting part for me is her laugh at the end.

#15 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

a B-side somehow sounds sadder than not getting a song at all

#16 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

^ Not holding my breath, but let’s hope we’ll get something... And by something i mean not another Fuku/Maa/Saku center where she get a random line and nothing else XD

Well, since it would be a B-side song I would hope it would be a Haachin center song since B-sides are normally a chance for the members who don’t normally center or lead a song to do just that. They owe her that much at least after putting off announcing her graduation single for so long and releasing it only a week before she graduates. I know that not everyone likes the A-sides for this single, but I still hope they can manage to get a Weekly Number 1 chart place with this so that Haachin can celebrate one more Weekly Number 1 Single on the day of her graduation.

#17 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

Well, Kobushi B-Sides are pretty much the usual front girls (and the last Double A single we got didn't even have one).
As for Momusu, the last B Side we got was Morning Misoshiru and... the background girls were still background girls XD

I think it's gonna be hard to get the 1st place at Oricon with only 2 editions.

#18 Ayumine

Ayumine

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1223 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

I personally love both songs, but I had really hoped for a third song, even if it just brought variety into the single. I still haven't lost hope that they randomly add a B-side with more Haachin focus. Otherwise, I guess they owe her a lot of spotlight in the MVs at least.

------------------

THREAD INDEX

Page 1: Single announcement / A gonna concert rip / Are You Happy? radio rip / A gonna performance (Hina Fes)
Page 2: A gonna outfit preview (confirmed on page 6)
Page 4: handshake and cheki event details
Page 5: other event + Ogata's solo event annouced
Page 6: tracklist updated
Page 7: more promotion events announced
Page 8: Are You Happy? radio preview (short) / A gonna radio preview (short)
Page 9: Profile pictures in Are You Happy? outfits updated
Page 10: A gonna MV preview (H!S)
Page 11: A gonna CM
Page 15: 2 CD cover previews (LQ)
Page 16: CD covers / A gonna full PV
Page 17: first press bonus postcards
Page 18: A gonna live performance (TGL)
Page 22: Are You Happy? MV preview (H!S)
Page 25: release events list / Are You Happy? CM
Page 26: Are You Happy? live performance (NHK)
Page 28: Are You Happy? live performance (NHK) different angle / Are You Happy? full PV
Page 29: Are You Happy? live performance (TGL)
Page 30: Are You Happy? + A gonna live performances (FULL CHORUS)
Page 31: Are You Happy? CM (Another Ver.) / Are You Happy? vocal recording pt 1
Page 33: Are You Happy? Dance Shot Ver. / A gonna Dance Shot Ver. / Oricon Rank Day 1: #1 / Release event setlist
Page 36: Oricon Rank Day 2: #3 / Are You Happy? Making of / Oricon Rank Day 3: #5 / Are You Happy? vocal recording pt 2 / A gonna live performance (Buzz Rhythm)
Page 37: Are You Happy? VR ver. / Oricon Rank Day 4: #4 / Oricon Rank Day 5: #9 / Oricon Rank Day 6: #1
Page 38: Oricon Rank Week 1: #1 :king: / News coverage
Page 39: A gonna VR ver. / A gonna vocal recording pt 1
Page 40: Are You Happy? live performance (TV TOKYO Music Festival) / A gonna vocal recording pt 2
Page 41: Are You Happy? live performance (Nippon Budokan) / Are You Happy? live performance (Music Station)
Page 42: A gonna live performance (Ongaku no Hi)

#19 patapataful

patapataful

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1859 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

^^Yeah, I agree. Since the tracklist is not annouced yet we can hope for a B-side for her. MM Double A-sides singles feature at least one B-side song.

YES, I hope for B-Sides (maybe in the Special Edition) too. So there might be a chance for Haachin <3

Juice=Juice: Riai, Kisaki, Risa Tsubaki Factory: Ami, Mao, Yuumi, Runo Ocha Norma: Kirara

ANGERME: Kawamuu, Layla, Moe, Wakana Morning Musume: Riley <3 , Homare, Sakura, Geta

#20 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:55 AM

I personally love both songs, but I had really hoped for a third song, even if it just brought variety into the single. I still haven't lost hope that they randomly add a B-side with more Haachin focus. Otherwise, I guess they own her a lot of spotlight in the MVs at least.

If it helps she’s at least one of the 3 girls sitting in the center of the formation at the end of “A gonna” along with Sakura and Maa-chan:

xh35r95_d.jpg?maxwidth=600&shape=thumb&f

Interestingly enough these 3 girls are the oldest 3 99-liners currently in Morning Musume. What’s also interesting is that they’re sitting in order of age from oldest to youngest. It’s possible that “A gonna” is a song meant to represent girls who are at a similar age range to these 3 members and all the life decisions they have to make at that age be they something really important or just a little trivial matter like trying to get their make up just right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users