• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:24 AM

The poll has recieved quite some back lash and it was getting to the point where I was considering ending it, but I see how happy everyone is about their nominations and it makes me want to continue it just for you guys.

After just one night, we're at about 137 responses. Depending on how much activity there is on the polls, I'll probably close responses at 150~200. I've also updated the poll to add Kamiko (who mysteriously got deleted) and changed the voters fof KF/TF since they were redundant. If you'd like to add or change your response, now is the time! Just PM me and I'll delete your vote so you can change it, or re-submit your e-mail but only add votes to those categories.

With that being said, I wanted to address something to you all. I really don't want any hurt feelings from this poll. We've stuck by our girls through thick and thin and have learned to love and trust them over the months/years of activity they've given us. There really is no "Best fan", regardless of whether you buy CDs or not, go to events or concerts, buy merchandise, attend fan meetings, or if you can't do any of that. Us coming here weekly to discuss our favorites and the groups that they're in despite the limited supply of them we get in comparison to Japanese fans proves our dedication. Us pulling allnighters for concert streams or waking up at the ass crack of dawn to see if there were any new announcements shows our dedication. I care about you all, truly, and I would hate for someone to be putting themselves down over a silly poll. This was just Trial and Error- This kind of event hasn't happened for us in a few years and I was curious if it could be done again. Despite some backlash, it's been pretty successful. But that's because of you guys: Your dedication to your girls and your support of your friends. This poll is just for FUN: None of this is meant to be taken seriously. If you win, please do not rub that in any fans face because it literally means nothing considering only a small portion of our big fandom has decided to participate. If you lose, it's okay to be upset but don't ruin the fun for others by complaining or shading people and understand that a fan poll shouldn't determine how loyal of a fan you are. And if you let that determine your fandom, you need to reevaluate why you're here in the first place.

Thank you all for participating, I'm glad you're excited.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#22 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

Didn't think I'd make it in the poll as I'm a lot more active on Twitter :) Thanks for nominating me for being a Mizuki fan!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#23 ArmachiA

ArmachiA

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:28 AM

The poll has recieved quite some back lash and it was getting to the point where I was considering ending it, but I see how happy everyone is about their nominations and it makes me want to continue it just for you guys.

After just one night, we're at about 137 responses. Depending on how much activity there is on the polls, I'll probably close responses at 150~200. I've also updated the poll to add Kamiko (who mysteriously got deleted) and changed the voters fof KF/TF since they were redundant. If you'd like to add or change your response, now is the time! Just PM me and I'll delete your vote so you can change it, or re-submit your e-mail but only add votes to those categories.

With that being said, I wanted to address something to you all. I really don't want any hurt feelings from this poll. We've stuck by our girls through thick and thin and have learned to love and trust them over the months/years of activity they've given us. There really is no "Best fan", regardless of whether you buy CDs or not, go to events or concerts, buy merchandise, attend fan meetings, or if you can't do any of that. Us coming here weekly to discuss our favorites and the groups that they're in despite the limited supply of them we get in comparison to Japanese fans proves our dedication. Us pulling allnighters for concert streams or waking up at the ass crack of dawn to see if there were any new announcements shows our dedication. I care about you all, truly, and I would hate for someone to be putting themselves down over a silly poll. This was just Trial and Error- This kind of event hasn't happened for us in a few years and I was curious if it could be done again. Despite some backlash, it's been pretty successful. But that's because of you guys: Your dedication to your girls and your support of your friends. This poll is just for FUN: None of this is meant to be taken seriously. If you win, please do not rub that in any fans face because it literally means nothing considering only a small portion of our big fandom has decided to participate. If you lose, it's okay to be upset but don't ruin the fun for others by complaining or shading people and understand that a fan poll shouldn't determine how loyal of a fan you are. And if you let that determine your fandom, you need to reevaluate why you're here in the first place.

Thank you all for participating, I'm glad you're excited.

I don't think the issue is with you doing the poll, I think the issue is more how the userbase is going to react. There's already some people who feel kind of hurt over not getting nominated, but honestly that's not your fault. 

Since this is your first time, can you do a google doc asking for comments and critiques once this is over? I have a few myself and I don't want that public as it's super disrespectful to be like "YOU SHOULD DO IT LIKE THIS" all over the place. 

Also, please vote for Starra for best HagiMai fan if you haven't voted yet! she's been a dedicated Maimai fan since Maimai got in (I know cuz I was there lol) and right up till she graduated. She deserves it! 

#24 AikawaMahoFTW

AikawaMahoFTW

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:57 AM

this poll has surely brought a tonna happiness for a whole lotta people. some may be displeased but it ain't cool to disrespect everyone else's fun yknow. 

but im real happy i got into 4 categories thanks yaall

hi my new favorite group is basically all of j=j pls help me from this unending maho

FIESTA FIESTA IS HERE MY DUDES ITS AMAZING OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

#25 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

Hmm... If you guys have any CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms, I don't mind them being posted here. But if you'd like me to start a Google Docs, I can gladly post it.

I've decided that now, since we're at 156 responses, I'll close voting tomorrow at approximately 8:00 PM EST. If you haven't voted yet and are interested, here's your last chance!

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#26 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

Maybe look at Facebook? I'm a part of some Facebook groups where H!P fans go to :) Some of them don't go on H!O and Twitter which I saw were the main sources of where people have been nominated from in the poll? It just includes a lot of other fans that we may not have got to include?

#27 ArmachiA

ArmachiA

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:20 AM

^ Yeah Hello!Fandom and Idol Swap are huge groups on Facebook (and that's just two). 

Nothing I was going to say is negative, just suggestions for next year. 

#28 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

I don't mind ideas for next year! I think next year I'm going to add more categories like "Funniest/Nicest/Most Creative/Most Intelligent/Meme Queen+King/Best Helper/etc.", keep the Favorite MM/Angerme/J=J/CG/KF/TF/Ichioka Factory fans and get rid of the individual girl polls.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#29 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:38 AM

Lmao. b-but I really try to keep Take's thread alive! <\3 Seriously though it doesn't mean anything for people to be hurt imo, it's weird people would be that offended. I don'tthink you should get rid of those, I find them more interesting than the group ones (I'd get rid of those).

It's probably an UO but I think it would work better if it's just about the people here in the forum though...since not everyone goes to twitter or tumblr (or from there to here).

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#30 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

A big thank you to everyone who nominated me for Harunan fan category. ^^

I8dtEOy.gif

#31 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Maybe look at Facebook? I'm a part of some Facebook groups where H!P fans go to :) Some of them don't go on H!O and Twitter which I saw were the main sources of where people have been nominated from in the poll? It just includes a lot of other fans that we may not have got to include?

Totally agree with you

Hope next year/time will consider some more sources and invite some more people to help in updating in the list of nomination

or just focus on H!O forum only

Anyway, thank you for organizing the poll

#32 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

I agree with Laharle, I think the individual member's is more interesting than the group ones, mostly because group fans are harder to pinpoint, whereas a lot of people tend to make it clear who their favourites are :)

I do like the idea of more categories, and I love all of these  "Funniest/Nicest/Most Creative/Most Intelligent/Meme Queen+King/Best Helper/etc."

I guess you could add things such as 

"Most political" (the ones who are always up for debates? haha) 

"Most open" (The ones who share about their personal lives and you feel you know personally the most?)

"Most active" (The one who always seems online?)

those are the only ones i can think of.. sorry if they are terrible haha

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#33 Nakari

Nakari

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Individual girl categories introduce me to people I’ve never even heard of. Like “oh another Aarii fan!” Or something along those lines.

tumblr_nrywleOAkq1so07v9o1_500.jpg

By: Me

#34 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

Honestly, I want to keep the superlative ideas up to you guys. So whatever you're willing to go with, I'm down for it.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#35 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Thanks to everyone who nominated me ^^

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#36 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

Individual girl categories introduce me to people I’ve never even heard of. Like “oh another Aarii fan!” Or something along those lines.

Same here! Especially with girls I wanted to get to know better, I've found all these new users to talk to on twitter because of this poll so i'm glad it's here  ^-^

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#37 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

I have to agree <3 It's made me follow some new people who are fans of the same girls as me!

#38 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:33 AM

I feel that's nice but I can't imagine it being a fair vote? Like people are not going to check all these off forum users when it comes to other H!P members they might not follow or follow less than their fave member.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#39 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:04 AM

I just noticed three girls are missing from the poll... Yanagawa nanami, Funaki Musubu and U. Akari. Any reason for that?

HLxdmXb.png

#40 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

They're missing because the same person got voted for their category which leads to an automatic win.

Update: Only ONE hour left to vote!!

2DCV7Kc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users