• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#41 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:30 AM

But, no offense to AKB (I'm speaking really on behalf of all Japanese idol trainees from the "big three" companies here, including H!P and Stardust), are there many stand-out KKS when it comes to singing and dancing? K-Pop trainees are subject to a much more rigorous and lengthy process that focuses on singing and dancing, whereas KKS are taught the skills of how to be a good performer and singing isn't highlighted because they don't get live solo lines. The 48 Korean girls I'm expecting to be of a completely different caliber than the Japanese girls and I'm curious to see how exactly they confront that difference in artistry quality. It all comes down to what they value in an idol- and since the K-Pop industry values idol talent much more than the J-Pop industry does, I have no idea as to how this is going to work.

It doesn’t even matter at this point because the popular girls are just gonna steamroll the Japanese voting no matter how poorly or well they perform. No one is voting for girls like Asai Yuka and Chiba Eri when people like Kashiwagi and Miyawaki are there. I expect some of these to take some heat for their looks too.

That said I don’t think anyone on that list is really gonna hold their own. They had better options for sure.

The only people benefiting here are the no-name 48G KKS. Their presence in the competition will gain them valuable exposure within Japanese fanbase. But on a marketing standpoint for Aki-P's end regarding the franchise as a whole, this just seems like bad, bad PR. The Japanese fans will have a direct comparison as to how lackluster their faves are compared to idols in other countries and AKB will go from "that sugary idol group with all the members" to "that overinflated idol group with no talent."

Posted Image

#42 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:11 AM

But, no offense to AKB (I'm speaking really on behalf of all Japanese idol trainees from the "big three" companies here, including H!P and Stardust), are there many stand-out KKS when it comes to singing and dancing? K-Pop trainees are subject to a much more rigorous and lengthy process that focuses on singing and dancing, whereas KKS are taught the skills of how to be a good performer and singing isn't highlighted because they don't get live solo lines. The 48 Korean girls I'm expecting to be of a completely different caliber than the Japanese girls and I'm curious to see how exactly they confront that difference in artistry quality. It all comes down to what they value in an idol- and since the K-Pop industry values idol talent much more than the J-Pop industry does, I have no idea as to how this is going to work.

It doesn’t even matter at this point because the popular girls are just gonna steamroll the Japanese voting no matter how poorly or well they perform. No one is voting for girls like Asai Yuka and Chiba Eri when people like Kashiwagi and Miyawaki are there. I expect some of these to take some heat for their looks too.

That said I don’t think anyone on that list is really gonna hold their own. They had better options for sure.

The only people benefiting here are the no-name 48G KKS. Their presence in the competition will gain them valuable exposure within Japanese fanbase. But on a marketing standpoint for Aki-P's end regarding the franchise as a whole, this just seems like bad, bad PR. The Japanese fans will have a direct comparison as to how lackluster their faves are compared to idols in other countries and AKB will go from "that sugary idol group with all the members" to "that overinflated idol group with no talent."

That's already the perception anyone who isn't an idol fan has of them. Most jpop fans will just spout out sales numbers and the whole idols don't need to be talented mantra.

#43 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

I think the biggest question is if this season is to create a group just like previous two seasons, or to create the KOR48 I think the last one makes more sense because there's point in creating a typical kpop group (even with 48 girls in it) and call the show Produce48 just for that. Anyways, let's see what happens when more info comes out, and the show finally airs.

Morning Musume'19

#44 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

Im actually quite excited for this. I love Kojimako's voice and dancing so I hope it gets even better after training.

#45 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

I heard on r/kpop that Japanese fans can only vote for the Korean girls and that Korean fans can only vote for Japanese girls to avoid people power-voting their oshi and popular members like Jurina, Yukirin and Sakura getting an automatic in.

Also, and this is what's really confusing, Mnet says that the new group will have a contract of 2.5 years rather than just one like for I.O.I. This is really don't understand. I guess they'll just treat it like 6 super long foreign concurrencies and it will be similar to what ajma suggested.

Posted Image

#46 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

I think it's also interesting to note that this will air after the general elections, so it won't have any impact on the usual 48G shenanigans. Honestly this whole concept is so messy that I can't help but feel excited for it lol 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#47 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

^^Mnet already denied that system. And it's not confirmed that japanese can vote too. If they can't then I think that kind of confirms it's going to be a sister group.

Morning Musume'19

#48 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Never mind, I should have read the clarification about the voting system someone posted above lol.

I8dtEOy.gif

#49 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

This is gonna be a mess lol I will be rooting for Ikumin anyway  <3

If they can't then I think that kind of confirms it's going to be a sister group

I read this: "2 years 6 months contract period, considering global activities". Not sure if is truth.

MM- Ogata/10ki. Angerme- Kamiko. J=J- Ruru. Kobushi- MinaMina. Tsubaki- Risamaru. 

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#50 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

^Yeah, that part was confirmed and because of that people think that it's going to be a temporary group like IOI and Wanna One, I don't think so because it's too much for a temporary group and also it's too early to talk about the final group activities, maybe the contract is to avoid graduation issues, more for popular members. In the source it was mentioned that the debut members will be chosen by national producers (In Korea), nothing about Japanese being able to vote.

It was also mentioned that the group will debut in Korea and Japan, it makes me wonder if the group will be accounted as j-sister group once they debut in Japan so the members can participate in SSK and Janken.

Morning Musume'19

#51 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:09 PM

UGH WHAT A FLAWED CONCEPT

Posted Image

#52 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

yeah, I have no clue what the heck they are doing... they probably don't know themselves at this point, if everything goes away after 2.5 years or they are going to try to get up a sister group out of this.

I wish some H!P girls could have gone... just to see them measure themselves against the Koreans and AKB girls.

#53 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

What are y'all not getting? It's a reality show, not a regular group audition. P101 was also just a reality show.

The outcome group will probably relase 2, maybe 3 at best, singles just to show some relationship between J-idols and K-idols which have been pitted against each other for a decade now.

It's all for fun and reality show enjoyment, idk why everyone is taking it so seriously and crying about it when chances are everyone will watch every single episode of it at the end.

Also, we dont even have full reveal on what the show is going to be fully about, so why not just wait for official statements and eventually the episodes? Most we have are questionable leaks by twitter accounts who claim to be insiders.

#54 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:51 AM

What are y'all not getting? It's a reality show, not a regular group audition. P101 was also just a reality show.

I agree that we should lighten up a little until we hear more official information, but P101 and P48 are reality shows that serve as televised auditions for a regular group. I.O.I and Wanna One were/are extremely popular, and the selected 11 of the first season were chosen to join major groups like Pristin, gugudan, and Weki Meki in part because of their popularity demonstrated on the show. Kim Sejeong is making it big in the acting and idol industry because of her being showcased on the program. Mnet has confirmed the P48 group will be a 2.5 year commitment. Now matter how active it may be, the opportunity is no small potatoes. If done correctly, this could be a chance for an underrated member in Japan to be discovered, trained, and maybe even make it in another country. However, if this is just some sneaky way to create a KOR48 project and promote the brand with neither side taking anything seriously, I'd be disappointed. Knowing Aki-P my expectations are drastically low, and that's what's maybe fueling my pessimism.

But, even still, in the end I'll be an avid watcher of the series because the hype has been properly built and I am curious beyond belief as to how girls I've rooted for are going to fare going in. I'm just afraid they're gonna be compared and get harsh criticism for not performing up to the Korean standard. 

Also, if they were gonna bring an older member like Yukirin, why why why couldn't Sayanee have been on the confirmed list of senbatsu girls to have been included? ugh her skills are top-notch

Posted Image

#55 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Also, if they were gonna bring an older member like Yukirin, why why why couldn't Sayanee have been on the confirmed list of senbatsu girls to have been included? ugh her skills are top-notch

well, I thought that the interested girls had to accept to go? Sayanee's probably not wanting to get on 2.5 year contract to do this group when she's probably looking to graduate from NMB and start her solo career.

#56 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:50 PM

God forbid Sayanee join P48.. She's already center and leader of NMB, one of the most popular AKB members, and has her own solo activities to do, she's fully booked literally all the time. She has nothing to gain from joining P48. Plus I think it would be unfair to everyone else LOOOOL 

I agree that we should lighten up a little until we hear more official information, but P101 and P48 are reality shows that serve as televised auditions for a regular group. I.O.I and Wanna One were/are extremely popular, and the selected 11 of the first season were chosen to join major groups like Pristin, gugudan, and Weki Meki in part because of their popularity demonstrated on the show.

Hmmm, i always had the idea that P101 trainee's were mostly either idols that the company wanted to "pre-promote" before making them join their group (like the Pledis girls for example were already going to join Pristin, and the i-Teen girls who ranked in the top 11 were already going to debut into Weki Meki but them joining P101 gave the members a higher profile so when their groups did debut, they were more known than the average newly debuted rookie group.), or idols who the company were unsure about debuting yet but eventually did or didn't make the cut. 

Based on that, I'm going to assume that P48 is simply AkiP doing two things;

1) Trying to expand the 48group franchise to all area's of asia, it's easy to do this in places like Jakarta, Manila, Taipei, Bangkok, and Mumbai where the idol scene isn't really present, but it's a lot harder to do that for countries like China or Korea where the idol industry is already flourishing, so by joining with the creators of P101 which is known for A: their short group contract and B: the similarities to AKB48's system, it's an easy gateway to expanding into korea and test the waters before finally making a homebase for their group. 

2) Promote the current 48group members. It's not a secret that the 48 name is on the decline, and KPOP is more popular than ever. Showcasing already debuted jpop idols to kpop fans willing to spend money will give the 48G's more promotion (will line Aki-P's pockets well during the second half of summer if the rumor that P48 will start after SSK ends is true), and already popular members like Jurina and Sakura will help promote P48, even if they don't make it into the group. 

Whichever one, i don't really care lol but as a kpop and jpop fan, i'm excited to see how the show will manage to merge jpop and kpop elements, and how they'll overcome a language barrier. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#57 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

I.O.I and Wanna One (Yes, all 11 members of each group!) are confirmed to be at the shooting today for a preliminary episode of M! Countdown where they will give P48 trainees pointers and advice.  Here are pics of I.O.I members entering the Mnet studios.

Spoiler

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#58 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

Reportedly all members that have been spotted in Korea are visibly tired on 48G events. Said members have been complaining on mobame and handshake events about not eating and sleeping properly as well as some saying they arent participating by their own will. Sakura wrote about sleeping about 2 hours a day and her 2shot events today have been canceled because she was held in Korea for additional P48 taping.
(Those leaks are mostly coming from fan translations so please take them with a grain of salt)

#59 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:30 PM

Well Natsu also wrote a little about it on her G+:

http://plus.google.c...sts/1Wcjwr8CRtQ

この数日、人生の中でも上位の方の
すごく辛い日々を過ごしました。
2、3時間しか寝れないことも
ご飯が食べられないことも。

#60 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:44 AM

TBH, it makes sense that the 48 members were forced to go to PD48. I mean, with the SSK happening how can the members leave their activities in Japan to go in a show in another country (specially the most popular ones)?

It's not that they need international fame to be more relevant in Japan, I'm pretty sure that they'll choose fame in Japan over international fame. Bigger stars in Japan are not that relevant internationally and vice versa.

Morning Musume'19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users