Photo

[12/13] Angerme's 24th single - Manner Mode / Kisoku Tadashiku Utsukushiku / Kimi Dake Janai sa...friends

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#41 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

It was never officially announced, people just presumed she will since she's on hiatus. It's best to assume she will miss out since based on this info, the MVs were already filmed.

The last event she could take a break on is their fall tour, which as of now ends on 12/10. This single is released days later.
モーニング娘。'18 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ つばきファクトリー

生田衣梨奈横山玲奈佐々木莉佳子梁川奈々美小野田紗栞・山崎夢羽

#42 Nisaponchu16

Nisaponchu16

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

I don't know how to feel about their decision to package this single as a DVD/BluRay-only release. It's great that they are trying to do something new and exciting for Angerme, and hopefully, their intention to focus more to the MVs will result in the best MV we've seen from them (although I find the recent ones from JJ and MM are quite brilliant). On the other hand, I'm just an old-school fan who buy a CD to be played in the car while driving. I want a simple music. Their music cards are not guaranteed to be able to be downloaded properly outside Japan, so I'm not sure if I will get this single  :unsure:

#43 give me aiai

give me aiai

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

CDs are just dying out my main man.

#44 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

So basically since this is a DVD/Bluray single you're gonna have to buy either of the two to watch the full music videos. Most likely scenario is the one with only the short versions making it to YouTube, like with Buono's So La Si Do ~Nee Nee~ single which was straight to DVD as well. Juice=Juice's recent music videos were also only the short versions, so combined with this I'd say that UFA will slowly cease to offer full version content on their YouTube channels, and fans will probably be forced to buy the damn DVDs and Blurays to watch the videos lol.

That said, I'm not paying for the shitty 480p quality lol, I don't have a Bluray player.

And lol 'they're trying to put the focus on the music videos' thing.. are they implying the songs are not that good or smth? Anyhow, I doubt the videos will be anything outstanding either. Sucks for Anju tbh.

I8dtEOy.gif

#45 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

I'm okay with this change. As mentioned above, CD's are a dying platform and the vast majority of people download their music straight from streaming services like iTunes, Spotify and Naver lol. Fans who did buy the CD for the music most likely ripped the songs onto their phone and barely touch the CD anymore. The only reason why idol groups continue to sell singles is because they include the incentives of handshakes which you get when you buy the single for the events. As far as i know, people can still go to handshake/photo events so fans aren't really losing out on anything other than a physical copy of the single. 

Hopefully we get decent MV's, couldn't care less for the rank of the DVD or whatever lmao 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#46 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

I think its because of Oricon that they are still selling CDs ..
Back when Music Cards is counted for Oricon, many groups/artist had already made the switch or are making the switch to Music Cards ..
But when Oricon stop counting Music Cards .. all the groups/artist just went back to CDs ..

#47 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

The idol groups still packaged bonuses with those cards. Idols can't sell music alone, they have to be able to package stuff with it. Its why they won't ever go full digital.

#48 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hmmmm if the Blu Ray/DVD release is so management can focus more on MVs then that is cool. But what happens when they upload the PVs to their YouTube channel? Will they be different to the ones on the disks or be exactly the same because then it would defeat the purpose. Unless they only release short versions of the music videos so people have to buy a copy of the single to get the final music video? That's all I can think of for it. But then again it is best to wait until the final release to see how it all plays out. This change makes me very curious!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#49 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

^Isn't that the exact same as with songs though? They upload the full versions on Youtube and people still buy the CDs.

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#50 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:43 PM

I can see what you mean, but buying the music CDs gets the group to chart and we all know how the industry thinks of the music charts as important to showcase their groups and artists.
I just don't see the point in a Blu Ray/DVD single really XD

#51 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

The PVs that H!P upload to youtube are already slightly shorter and cover up part of the video with the lyrics (which the youtube audience actually appreciates) compared to the "unblemished" full MV that they get on the limited editions.  I imagine that things would remain fairly the same in that regard.

#52 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

I'm guessing they are trying to see if they can top the DVD/Blue Ray charts? Maybe try to corner them going forward? (Not sure what the numbers on those charts are like though)

#53 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Just saw the small video announcement where the girls announced the single and I think they said something like the MV is going to be like a short film? If that's true then Im excited <3

#54 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

I'm guessing they are trying to see if they can top the DVD/Blue Ray charts? Maybe try to corner them going forward? (Not sure what the numbers on those charts are like though)

Depends. Concert DVDs tend to sell fairly well so if they went up against one from a well known artist they likely wouldn't come out on top. I expect their DVD/BluRay numbers to be less than the singles because of the price increase.

#55 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:23 AM

Barely anyone here cares about the product itself, I have bought over a hundred CDs at this point and haven't listened to a single one of them. It's the incentives that make people buy more than one of them, and for each 2000 yen version you buy you get 2 handshake tickets. In that regard it's even slightly cheaper, but it is no longer possible for people to spend only 1080 yen, so that's an advantage for the company. This change doesn't seem as too big of an issue as long as the events are not altered, but none of the announced ones are talk events or mini-lives...they're all just handshakes, which is pretty boring on its own. Expect more to be announced though, makes no sense.

#56 maimiloveyou

maimiloveyou

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

A new single! Still waiting on Maho news  :(

qe0lkbJ.gif

MaimiSakiAiri ♥ ChisaMaimai

℃-ute

#57 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

I'm sort of hoping that kimi dake janai sa friends is a comeback song with/for Maho. Namida Iro no Ketsui had a pretty positive feedback so maybe they're doing another Maho song? That would be pretty cool :D

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#58 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

I would love for Maho to make a comeback for this single but I doubt it :( She won't be back until next year Im guessing.

#59 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

New group photo.

Warning: NSFW

Spoiler

#60 Nisaponchu16

Nisaponchu16

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

should be an NSFE (not safe for eyes) warning instead of NSFW  :ph34r:

Who chose these colour palette? Who designed these costumes? Who? Why? How? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users