Photo

[12/13] Angerme's 24th single - Manner Mode / Kisoku Tadashiku Utsukushiku / Kimi Dake Janai sa...friends

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#181 Miryoku

Miryoku

Ayacho~? BRAVO !

• Senpai
  • 1056 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

(^ x6 I love Rikako's voice, I'm sure she's going to improve and be a good singer in the future. And I want the management to push all of those girls, (except maybe Kana who is still unearable after all those years, I still can't listen to Ai no Tame kyou made because her "ijiwaru na hoshi yo" kills my ears everytime, even in the recorded version) so I am glad that they are trying to find a path for Rikako's voice)

The video clip looks good, I definitely love the colors, but I think all those smartphones things didn't have to appear that often ^^"

#182 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

I'm just not sure they're gonna find a path because she hasn't made that much of an improvement over three years. 3rd gen has already been around the same amount of time 2nd gen had when 3rd gen joined and the difference in improvement is staggering when compared to all the 2014 debuts.

#183 Haro!_Utahime

Haro!_Utahime

5th gen member

• Validating
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Kimi Dake Janai sa...friends is my fav so far ! <3 

#184 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1637 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

"Manner Mode" is really good actually. Too little Kana though.

#185 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Today Hello! Project Station

00:09~ Manner Mode MV (Hello! Station Edit.)

https://youtu.be/kX3ElcCYRw8?t=9s

#186 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

It's SOO GOOD <3 Everything about it is really tight for me. The colors, the dance, the editing, etc.. it all just feels well done and polished. And the girls look lovely <3

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#187 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

The song is really good, it's a grower. Those outfits are still ugly lol, but the colors work against the white background. However, the constant zooming-in and out is lame and annoying. It's like the MV producers are telling us 'look what we can do! much amazing!'.. well it isn't lol.

Still, with a good song and Ayacho as center I can't complain much.  :good:

I8dtEOy.gif

#188 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

It's SOO GOOD <3 Everything about it is really tight for me. The colors, the dance, the editing, etc.. it all just feels well done and polished. And the girls look lovely <3

Except for the outfits, though, right? Right?

#189 chuchippon

chuchippon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

As expected I ended up liking the song! But gah the MV was just... no. The whole zooming in and out on the iPhone thing seems like a cheap editing move for me. They only thing I like was the dancing and the how the outfits contrast with the white background. Everything else was kinda meh for me

Sigh.. still waiting for Kimi dake.... (My fav song)

上國料萌衣  室田瑞希 佐々木莉佳子 笠原桃奈 小関舞 船木結 梁川奈々美 加賀楓

#190 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

its just great to see it start off with Rikako in center and Rikako start off the song ..
Finally she look convincing to me and she sound convincing too ..
I think they started too early in pushing her in the beginning but I think this moment is finally the right time ..

#191 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

The outfits look better in the video than in photos for some reason.  The camera effects are distracting, it's like in the Hatsukoi Sunrise MV where the director took that 360 degree effect and went overboard with it.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#192 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

I don't think the outfits look better -Rina's is so awful I can't- but they work really well with the white background. Momona's is the only outfit I thought looked good now, along with Moe's and Dawa's. 

I just realized I didn't notice Musubu at all. 

Anyway, I didn't like the PV per se. I liked the choreo shots and the white bg shots since it ends up looking colourful but this whole telephone idea...nope. Well it works with the lyrics. The shots in the grass look pretty awful especially with how they are dressed.

I'm all for some variety with MomonaDawaRikako being prominent in a song. I don't think Rikako will improve that much regarding singing tbh, I do think she has become more stable but her last performance gave me Ayumi vibes. Not related but there was a time in which Kanana sounded great, but later she kinda started sounding weird. But in any case since most recent songs are dominated by TakeMuro it's good to have others come front, even if I can't with some vocals. And as said, Rikako's energy feels right for the song. 

As for the song as usual it's an earworm now. It really reminds of a C-ute song but I can't remember which, but the instrumental sounds so familar to C-ute's. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#193 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, I agree, the outside shots were super out of place. 

#194 Nisaponchu16

Nisaponchu16

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

Is this song, by any means, a promotional/advertisement song for iPhone? 

Honestly, this might be the worst MV from Angerme so far. They should've stuck with the theme of their smartphone version MV, then add the dance shot of them wearing their profile costumes. It's a shame because Manner Mode is not a bad song at all... I'm hoping that the full version of this MV can save this song for a little bit. 

#195 Mikaeri Bijin

Mikaeri Bijin

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

I like the music video! Also Akari looks so cool with bloody red hair!!! :good:

#196 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Is this song, by any means, a promotional/advertisement song for iPhone? 

Honestly, this might be the worst MV from Angerme so far. They should've stuck with the theme of their smartphone version MV, then add the dance shot of them wearing their profile costumes. It's a shame because Manner Mode is not a bad song at all... I'm hoping that the full version of this MV can save this song for a little bit. 

It's not a promo for iPhone. Apple doesn't need Angerme's help advertising. The phone stuff is obviously a tie in to the title of the song. 

#197 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

Well.. Even if it is a promo for iPhone.. It's not like they didn't do it before..
Actually it's sound more like fandom of common items getting in the way..
It's like if they wore Nike shoes and the MV is terrible just because you are a Adidas fan
What's with common items fandom these days..

#198 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

I don't think the outfits look better -Rina's is so awful I can't- but they work really well with the white background. Momona's is the only outfit I thought looked good now, along with Moe's and Dawa's. 

I just realized I didn't notice Musubu at all. 

Anyway, I didn't like the PV per se. I liked the choreo shots and the white bg shots since it ends up looking colourful but this whole telephone idea...nope. Well it works with the lyrics. The shots in the grass look pretty awful especially with how they are dressed.

I'm all for some variety with MomonaDawaRikako being prominent in a song. I don't think Rikako will improve that much regarding singing tbh, I do think she has become more stable but her last performance gave me Ayumi vibes. Not related but there was a time in which Kanana sounded great, but later she kinda started sounding weird. But in any case since most recent songs are dominated by TakeMuro it's good to have others come front, even if I can't with some vocals. And as said, Rikako's energy feels right for the song. 

As for the song as usual it's an earworm now. It really reminds of a C-ute song but I can't remember which, but the instrumental sounds so familar to C-ute's. 

To me, it sounds like Good Boy, Bad Girl from CG, especially the chorus.

#199 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

I get a little bit of the Good Boy, Bad Girl vibe as well.  I guess maybe like a mix between Cute's SHOCK and CG's Good Boy, Bad Girl to me.  I've given it some time to make sure that it wasn't just the "newness" but I do love the song so far.

#200 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:37 AM

Oh yes I can get what you mean, especially the instrumental of Manner Mode as it starts until Rikako sings. It matches pretty well with GBBG's chorus.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users