• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

The solo CD's are kind of an oddity, it seems like they just had them play around in the studio making sounds with very little actual singing. It's quite entertaining though. 8gatsu's is like an ambient experimental sound thing more than anything else I forget if she sings on it. Kanamiru explores all sorts of stuff from ambient,noise,electronica to indie rock. The final track is the real treat though it's this long instrumental played on piano with some xylophone,triangle,cymbals thrown in there and it's beautiful. The tracklist is here https://imgur.com/a/P9HD6

Oh woah, that's different from the "Kanamil Works 1 & 2" album that's available on iTunes (Hachigatsu-chan has one on there as well)

I hope I get a chance to hear those other solo CDs, even if they might be the kind of thing I play once or twice and then forget about :P

Yeah the CD's are venue only and a different concept entirely. You can buy copies at their online store though and for 800yen each it's worth a pop. Seen the Kanamiru one on YA for 5000yen lol some chancer hoping a foreigner doesn't realise you can just buy it on their store through a proxy. 

TEAM TAKECHAN

#22 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Yeah the CD's are venue only and a different concept entirely. You can buy copies at their online store though and for 800yen each it's worth a pop. Seen the Kanamiru one on YA for 5000yen lol some chancer hoping a foreigner doesn't realise you can just buy it on their store through a proxy. 

For what it's worth, the store is just selling a digital download, not the actual CD.

#23 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:07 AM

For what it's worth, the store is just selling a digital download, not the actual CD.

Oh it is? I guess the CD's really are venue only. A lot to splash on YA for a CD-R and some printed bits of paper though lol. 

TEAM TAKECHAN

#24 buttazone

buttazone

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:22 AM

Woah, that's very good to know. I usually gloss over merch stores like that because the shipping would be onerous

#25 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:01 AM

Oh it is? I guess the CD's really are venue only. A lot to splash on YA for a CD-R and some printed bits of paper though lol. 

Yeah, and maybe the actual CDs are sold out, though if it's just a CD-R why not just burn more? Anyway, if they are still selling them at shows I'll try and pick them up next time I see them. I think they sell their stuff at Bar Beuna, so that may be another option. Otherwise...maybe someone will upload them at JPopsuki? :itadakimasu:

#26 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

She also has a new solo CD out apparently at shows, saw it on twitter. 15 and 17 are now uploaded on spotify for your listening pleasure and available on Japan Itunes. Already pre ordered the set from Disk Union that comes with both versions and a t shirt. 

TEAM TAKECHAN

#27 wattstax

wattstax

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Seems to be available on itunes worldwide. At least it shows on mine. Will get both tomorrow, although I will probably only like '15'.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: BELLRING Girls Heart affiliates, PASSPO, Party Rockets GT

#28 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

Even if you're not really into the electro pop stuff 17 does have a couple of great acoustic versions on it. It's worth it at the very least for the acoustic version of "Slow Dancer" which has been one of my favourite new songs they have been playing live. 

Also Hachigatsu-chan tweeting about it in English seems like they are giving a go at appealing to the overseas market even more. https://twitter.com/...233894505558016

TEAM TAKECHAN

#29 wattstax

wattstax

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

And she tweeted in Chinese as well ;)
Most interestingly even the official twitter account made an English tweet about it. Nice to see more idol groups releasing their material on a wide basis.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: BELLRING Girls Heart affiliates, PASSPO, Party Rockets GT

#30 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

She also has a new solo CD out apparently at shows, saw it on twitter. 15 and 17 are now uploaded on spotify for your listening pleasure and available on Japan Itunes. Already pre ordered the set from Disk Union that comes with both versions and a t shirt. 

"I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts..."

#31 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

"I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts...I do not need any more t-shirts..."

This is the story of my life lol....Lately I've bought 4 t shirts, I have a t shirt for each day for idols

TEAM TAKECHAN

#32 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

Okay, so I've now seen them do a band set (for free!) and an acoustic set, the latter really exceeding my expectations. And another free show tomorrow morning with band and DJ sets...life is good!

#33 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Okay, so I've now seen them do a band set (for free!) and an acoustic set, the latter really exceeding my expectations. And another free show tomorrow morning with band and DJ sets...life is good!

Their acoustic sets are really intimate and nice. They harmonise really well so it lends itself well to that type of performance. I love how Kanamiru has her little set of of instruments lol. Think that acoustic set was the same one a couple of people I know went to. 

One of their newer songs "Slow Dancer" I think the acoustic version is the superior one. 

TEAM TAKECHAN

#34 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

Their acoustic sets are really intimate and nice. They harmonise really well so it lends itself well to that type of performance. I love how Kanamiru has her little set of of instruments lol. Think that acoustic set was the same one a couple of people I know went to. 

There was a group of 3 other Western guys there...assuming you are talking about Western people! Hachigatsu-chan waved to us and said something like "Hello everybody!" in English, looking genuinely happy that they were attracting some non-Japanese listeners...but then both girls smiled their way through the entire performance.

#35 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:49 AM

There was a group of 3 other Western guys there...assuming you are talking about Western people! Hachigatsu-chan waved to us and said something like "Hello everybody!" in English, looking genuinely happy that they were attracting some non-Japanese listeners...but then both girls smiled their way through the entire performance.

Yeah that'll be them. Was chatting to a couple of them about it got a few people out in Japan right now that I know of. One of my friends at least was his first time seeing them and he really liked it.  They seem to get a kick out of meeting overseas fans and Hachigatsu always excitedly talks about wanting to go abroad. I know a couple of the Japanese fans but they go all the time so of course they were probably at every show lol. 

TEAM TAKECHAN

#36 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

Yeah that'll be them. Was chatting to a couple of them about it got a few people out in Japan right now that I know of. One of my friends at least was his first time seeing them and he really liked it.  They seem to get a kick out of meeting overseas fans and Hachigatsu always excitedly talks about wanting to go abroad. I know a couple of the Japanese fans but they go all the time so of course they were probably at every show lol. 

Yeah, several familiar faces at the Sunday lunchtime event, though was surprised there weren't more there considering it was free. Couldn't resist...

gbvjQNA.jpg

Kanamil was on good form, but then all the t-shirts and the poster that had been designed for sale at the event were of her...poor Hachigatsu-chan!

TBWhzDm.jpg

#37 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

Yeah those cushions are sick lol. Everyone likes Kanamiru I guess she's the more conventionally attractive type by Japanese standards. Has all the beauty stuff and the fang which otaku go for and she's super skinny. Hachigatsu-chan is super cute though and more my type though I really don't choose between them either way. She has some fans including one girl who styled her look after her lol it's really sweet. 

TEAM TAKECHAN

#38 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

Yeah those cushions are sick lol. Everyone likes Kanamiru I guess she's the more conventionally attractive type by Japanese standards. Has all the beauty stuff and the fang which otaku go for and she's super skinny. Hachigatsu-chan is super cute though and more my type though I really don't choose between them either way. She has some fans including one girl who styled her look after her lol it's really sweet. 

Yeah, I've seen that girl...that kind of thing can seem a bit weird - be yourself! - but at least not as extreme or permanent(!) as someone copying all of Genesis P. Orridge's tattoos! The two girls complement each other well, and have no airs and graces about them, yesterday mingling with the audience prior to the performance; and it was most amusing how they introduced the various vendors. A fun way to spend Sunday lunchtime. Hmmm...I thought it was Hachigatsu-chan who was the skinnier of the two.

#39 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

Yeah, I've seen that girl...that kind of thing can seem a bit weird - be yourself! - but at least not as extreme or permanent(!) as someone copying all of Genesis P. Orridge's tattoos! The two girls complement each other well, and have no airs and graces about them, yesterday mingling with the audience prior to the performance; and it was most amusing how they introduced the various vendors. A fun way to spend Sunday lunchtime. Hmmm...I thought it was Hachigatsu-chan who was the skinnier of the two.

Wasn't that thing with Genesis P. Orridge some sort of weird project? Like they decided to be two of the same person or something. No idea lol I'm a fan of Throbbing Gristle but most things surrounding Gen just sort of confuse me. I think it's pretty normal to copy somebodies style you admire and look up to. She seems really nice anyway. I don't really have their exact measurements but Hachigatsu-chan as far as I can see has thicker leg muscles and a rounder face. I'm going to guess they both weigh next to nothing. Yeah they are both pretty laid back about mingling and very friendly. I think it rubs off on their fanbase because the OYSM fans are one of the most friendly bunch I've ever been around. 

TEAM TAKECHAN

#40 buttazone

buttazone

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:23 AM

Hachigatsu-chan posted a picture of a tshirt design on Instagram yesterday that had her and Kanamil as Beavis and Butthead. It's a really cool design, except Avandoned did the exact same thing! haha

Also, we finished creating English subtitles for the MOSHPIT documentary. Turns out OYSM isn't in it as much as I'd thought, but it's definitely worth a watch if you're into that scene. You can find the subtitles in the same place you can find the film, if you know what I mean... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users