10 replies to this topic

#1 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

From wikipedia

"22/7 (read as Nanabun no Nijūni (ナナブンノニジュウニ Twenty Two Per Seven)) is a Japanese idol project between Yasushi Akimoto, Aniplex, and Sony Music Records. The project is described as "The Idols Who Transcend The Dimension." A digital idol audition for the 8 characters was held until December 17, 2016 with final examination was held on December 24, 2016. A CD debut and an anime project are included in the project."

Initially they stated it would be 8 characters/idol but 11 members were chosen. Who those last 3 will voice is unknown

Members

YTIS0TK.jpg

As is common with Sony groups, they have a vevo for international fans. Their first song is Bokuwa Sonzai Shiteinakatta with a 3d animated video of their 2d characters. It was done with motion capture so it truly is a mixture of 2d and 3d.

There is also a short version where the members transform into their characters

I'll remove this if it leaves youtube but bside

All the members have their own showroom channel and they're regularly active on there. Interesting for international fans one of their members, Sally, speaks fluent English and regularly does a mixture of English and Japanese in her showroom often stopping to translate interesting points to the other language.

Whilst the members don't have twitter you can send them messages using their names(in Kanji) as hashtags. 

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#2 give me aiai

give me aiai

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:06 AM

i for one welcome our meme queen amaki sally

#3 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:39 AM

Does Aki-P ever sleep??

Wonder what the story of the Sally girl is. Wiki says she was born in Los Angeles, she doesn't look that halfie to me, so maybe it's something similar to Nonaka that her parents were overseas, only that she happened to be born and raised there before coming back to Japan

#4 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:33 AM

They're cashing in on the Love Live! craze. lol

But in all seriousness, I really hope this doesn't end up being a Love Live! wannabe. I've loved what I've seen of them so far, but my one complaint is that they sound borderline Vocaloid. But hey, it works if they're meant to be "idols who transcend the dimension".

#5 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

Both of Sallys parents are Japanese, I forget if one was from Osaka or both but either way she grew up in America and moved back to Japan to become a voice actress(To quote Sally "Can I be a weeb if I'm Japanese?"). She had done something like 10 auditions before this one.(She explained all of this in her showrooms but I couldn't tell you which anymore)

I still haven't managed to catch one of her showrooms live and I'm so sad but I've also found Urara to be great, she did a phonecall with Sally on Sallys stream and she was too cute.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#6 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

Sally sure is lulzy.

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#7 give me aiai

give me aiai

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

They're cashing in on the Love Live! craze. lol

I mean, LL isn't the only idol anime out there. Didn't AKB0048 premiere before the LL franchise started?

#8 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

They also feel kind of closer to Wake up girls in concept to me.

The other members seem to be trying really hard to interact with international fans. I saw someone post about Urara saying she wants to what she can because she doesn't want people going from Sallys room to hers and thinking "oh the other members are no good" and after she appeared by phone on Sallys I thought she seemed so cute. She often does singing request(I'm sure most of them do) and she also loves cats. I asked her who her character anime cat character was and she said Sakamoto from Nichijou :3 So currently I'm following both Sally and Urara, the others haven't really caught me as much as those 2.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#9 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Love Live! has been around since 2010, about 2 years before AKB0048.

I mean, the idea is similar. But I really meant it as a joke. They pretty much differentiate themselves with their style and fan interaction.

#10 hoshidoru

hoshidoru

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

There have been many idol franchises since the first one (The IDOLM@STER,in 2005) and very few get me excited,but with that 1st single these girls have won me. 

Let's see how the girls personality turns out when the anime is released,for now they look...plain?

My Queen: KOJIMA HARUNA

My King: KAMIKI RYUUNOSUKE

48G,Sakamichi,FAIRIES,BiSH,Hello! Project

Arashi,Hey!Say!Jump

#11 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

This thread kinda died lol. 

Nonetheless, Sally has been nothing but amazing lately. She's started adding English Translations to her blogs and they just showcase how.. American she really is haha. Nagomin and Chiharun have also grasped my attention a bit. 

2DCV7Kc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users