45 replies to this topic

#1 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

rUeavJEh.jpg

Officially announced on August 23, 2017 this is an idol project stemming from Project aW, a collaboration between avex and WACK to be managed/produced by Watanabe Junnosuke, manager/producer of BiS, BiSH, & GANG PARADE. The group was revealed on stage at the BiSH event "TOKYO BiSH SHiNE3". Their faces and identities were originally concealed with a goal for each member to reach 10,000 followers on Twitter before being officially unveiled. YUiNA was the first one to reach that goal and eventually unmasked, however, it was determined that the majority of those followers were bought and added through a computer generated system by a fan or group of fans. Watanabe Junnosuke, manager of EMPiRE, then decided to discontinue the original goal and the remaining members would be revealed at the discretion of the management. On September 28, 2017 the group's official Twitter account tweeted a notice of an announcement for 20:00 JST. Hours later at that intended time a tweet was sent out revealing all faces of the members of the group.

More updates to be posted as soon as the information becomes available.

Official Website: http://empire-official.com/

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/EMPiREIDOL

MEMBERS

MAYU

https://twitter.com/MAYU_EMPiRE

QtfoPxSm.jpg  neWl5wkm.jpg

MiDORiKO

https://twitter.com/MiDORiKO_EMPiRE

eQuJrZim.jpg  gOgqxmim.jpg

YU-Ki

https://twitter.com/YU_Ki_EMPiRE

qJadpiCm.jpg  xvlVtt5m.jpg

YUKA

https://twitter.com/YUKA_EMPiRE

qeiQt7Gm.jpg  hOwe7Crm.jpg

YUiNA

https://twitter.com/YUiNA_EMPiRE

oo33Fhfm.jpg  YJzDzGfm.jpg

Debut MV for the song「アカルイミライ」"Akarui Mirai" (Romaji) "Bright Future" (Translation) published on December 6, 2017.

Directed by Masaki Ohkita (also directed "Orchestra" & "My landscape" by BiSH)

Choreography by Aina The End (BiSH)

Attached Files

#2 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

The outfits are so cringy, I hope they lose most of the garb once they get enough twitter followers

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#3 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

I have to agree.  Menacing-looking robes and hoods may play very differently in Japan, but it's probably not such a good time for that kind of look here in the U.S., at least. 

Although with Watanabe's interest in alternative-rock history, I suppose it could be a kind of not-very-subtle reference to the Mentors, which would also be extremly tasteless.  :ph34r: 

Edit:  I just followed them - doing my part to help them find a new wardrobe. XD

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#4 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Honestly I don't get why people have an issue with their costumes, people than somehow think they look like KKK are idiots.

#5 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Honestly I don't get why people have an issue with their costumes, people than somehow think they look like KKK are idiots.

I guess that's pretty much an USA only issue? At least making the connecting with KKK which I agree is kinda stupid but I can see where it's coming from. Honestly I thought more of the band Ghost for some reason, or BM's stupid outfits for "The One". And burkas, but then again coming from a big European city it's obvious to make this connection these days. Equally stupid though. ^^;

I'm really curious how their sound will be like and who the girls will turn out to be in terms of personality.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#6 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

To be fair, I've seen a lot of Japanese fans joking that they look like the KKK, which I wasn't expecting. Either way, I just think they look dumb.

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#7 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

These outfits are probably just to conceal their identities until they're allowed to reveal their faces after they reach their intended amount of followers. Somewhat like how BiSH had the blackened eyes and Ayuni D needed to reach 10,000 followers before her normal eyes were revealed. There were some suggestions the double pointed hood is a bit similar to the helmets worn by BABYMETAL for promotional artwork in 2015. Those were based on an actual helmet that was worn by Gamo Ujisato, a daimyo during the Sengoku period. While it may have some reference to a daimyo helmet design I think these were authorized by Watanabe to simply cause controversy and get attention because of the striking similarity to Klansmen outfits.

Looking at the logo for EMPiRE it looks like it might be a mix between the Patriarchal cross mirrored vertically and a 90 degrees rotated version of the Adinkra symbol Nea Onnim No Sua A, Ohu.

Image of the Patriarchal cross

DH8FH7PWAAEefqA.jpg 

Image of Nea Onnim No Sua A, Ohu

DH8FMFZXgAAuqIM.jpg

As for two of the members it's been determined that the two girls who were not assigned to BiS but rather to Project aW after the WACK auditions are in this group. Their temporary names for the auditions were Momoko Gumi.inc & Gamiya Saki.

20992558_10212545381643899_3495292046997

I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole project turns out.

#8 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

They seem to be pretty interesting so far. The hoods reminded me more of Babymetal than the KKK but I can see where comparisons can be drawn. 

MAYU also seems to be semi comfortable with english as she has tweeted in english a couple of times. I'm looking forward to when they get the 10,000 followers though.

#9 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:19 AM

They're Jawas.  And that's the final word on the subject.  XD

Lt8gUCXl.png

#10 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Their names are pretty "normal" for a WACK group. I guess it's the avex influence lol.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#11 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

YU-Ki has reached the goal of 10,000 followers and her identity has just been revealed! And now her face is blurry!! Looks like Watanabe-san pulled one on us  ^^;

DIic7qMV4AAPMu2.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/...144360262344704

The tweet states that the goal was reached far too quickly. Also looking at the official website it looks like members may need a total of 15,000 followers to fill the bar completely so it may not be until then when their actual faces are revealed in full I'm guessing. The speculation right now is that YU-Ki is "Momoko Gumi.inc" from the WACK auditions.

#12 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

Still no faces revealed except for YUiNA's (who's extremely cute TBH).

DKYyn_Ln_VYAE1a_XW.jpg

I certainly hope their new goal is 15.000 because as cute as YUiNA is I'm starting to feel bad for the other girls who have to constantly blur out their faces lol. So far I'm interested in MiDORiKO. She seems edgy and goth and according to fan reports her voice is cute.  :c18: I also love the outfits of her she posts. 

#13 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

So, the big announcement today was indeed the reveal of their faces! Now we know how all the girls look like!!
I'll post the pictures here so you don't have to go all the way to each of their Twitter accounts  :arrow: 

MAYU

DKzl7_Bb_Vo_AAHrx7.jpg
DKzl7_Bf_VYAAfzi_N.jpg 
DKzof8_GU8_AEc5v4.jpg

MiDORiKO (My favorite girl turned out to be so cute!)

DKzm7_Hx_UMAUtr_O0.jpg
DKzm7_Hx_VAAU5_SYW.jpg 
DKzp_Yif_Vw_AAt4_s.jpg 

YUKA

DKzoj_Z0_U8_AEclp_F.jpg 
DKzov_Ah_UMAEh_OUE.jpg 

YU-Ki

DKzl74l_Vo_AEcpi_U.jpg
DKzl75_SVYAAl_IH7.jpg
DKzo_Jd_TVAAUz1e7.jpg

So I guess some of them really are BiS audition leftovers. At least YUKA, YUiNA and MAYU are.
They also posted some videos so head on over to their accounts to watch them. They're so pretty! Can't wait to see what kind of voices they have! 

#14 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

All member's faces have been officially revealed on the group's official Twitter account!

https://twitter.com/...357698715889664

u2fCW2mh.jpg

I liked MiDORiKO from the start with her long black hair and black ear gauges. The outfits she posted before shows she has a great fashion sense. I love black clothing myself. Now after this reveal she's officially my favorite of the group.

^^ Thanks for the post and the photos! :)

#15 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

^ you should probably put that pic in the first post.

I think they are all pretty wonder what their music will be like.

#16 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

First song just released!

https://soundcloud.c...ngmixv3/s-VQB0F

#17 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

^ ehhh it might be a song for them but it's guys singing.

And it's shit.

#18 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

Classic Watanabe ^^;

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#19 tsubakisaikou

tsubakisaikou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1444 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

God and I was actually excited when they announced a song, classic Watanabe yeah. What a prick. Although I have to admit this makes me more excited for their ACTUAL song.

#20 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

I think that I'll wait until there's a version where they sing before I even listen to it!  XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users