Photo
  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

Chapter 31 is part 1 of 3 so the next two will be coming out this week as well.

hope you enjoy!

Mai woke up next to both Airi and Riho who were lying on the floor. She had managed to sleep a little after her talk with Chisato on the phone, but somehow sleeping made her feel even more tired. She looked down at the two girls. They were holding hands – they had been since they finally decided to sleep.

Riho had arrived at about 5:54am and they greeted her with a hug and had prepared tea for her arrival. She was freezing cold, was wearing nothing but a very large T-Shirt and had stiffened blood down the side of her head coming from what looked like multiple head wounds. She wasn’t even wearing shoes. Airi went out to pay the taxi driver with a face mask on, and had come back saying he didn’t feel comfortable not driving Riho to the hospital, but she had refused. They sat Riho down on a chair and Airi went to get her First-Aid-Kit. While she was gone, Mai had gotten Riho a blanket and asked if she wanted to talk about it. Riho had replied no in a tone of voice that Mai recognized and therefore accepted. She pulled her in for a long, tight hug, which caused the younger to break into tears. Airi came back and quickly joined the hug. They didn’t let go until Riho wasn’t crying anymore. Airi then cleansed and treated Riho’s wounds to the best of her not-at-all-experienced-knowledge and took her into her bedroom to lend her some not bloodied clothes that she could put on after a long, warm shower. Riho gladly accepted. While she was in the shower, Mai and Airi paced around aimlessly, trying to find an appropriate way to handle the situation. Riho came out of the shower in tears and kept apologizing for them, which Airi and Mai was having none of.

“Can we do something… anything… to change the subject?” a broken Riho had pleaded. They had then, for some reason, played a silly game of UNO. It had been as fun as it possibly could be, and they had managed to get some chuckles out of Riho. Then the latter had gotten sleepy and kept almost falling asleep on Airi’s shoulder, so they had moved upstairs, taken the double-mattress from Mai’s mother’s room and placed it next to Mai’s bed for Airi and Riho to sleep on. They had tucked Riho in, and when Airi lay down next to her, she had sleepily reached out for her hand, which the older immediately accepted and smiled at Mai – the latter feeling guilty about the hint of jealousy that she could feel. Then they fell asleep… or… Airi and Riho did. Mai was awake and played stupid games on her phone until it suddenly started vibrating in her hands. It wasn’t a number that she recognized, and she had a sinking feeling that it might have been Riho’s mother. She left the room in order to not wake up the two others and went to pick up. Chisato’s voice had surprised her, and for a second her entire body had felt warm. They had talked! Actually talked! She felt embarrassed at how relieved she felt, and especially embarrassed about how she ended the conversation.

“Thank you for talking to me.” Who says something that stupid? She was pathetic. But somehow, for some reason, her talk with Chisato had relaxed her enough to sleep, even if it was just for a little bit. It was incredible how much of an effect Chissa had on her. In fact, it was stupid.

“Good morning Hagiwara-san” sounded Riho’s sleepy voice.

“Good morning. You’re up early.” Said Mai.

“Habit.” Said Riho “I usually wake up early to get out of my house as fast as I can.” Her expression changed and Mai immediately reached out for her hand, which she gratefully accepted.

“How do you do it?” Mai asked “How do you go through this horror and still bring your full energy at work?” Riho looked down.

“Work is my happy place.” She mumbled “When I’m there, I pretend the outside world doesn’t exist. When I dance, I’m free.” She took a huge breath “Besides, I have such a work load that it distracts me” she smiled.

“You’re incredible.” Mai found herself saying. Riho shook her head.

“Please don’t say that.” She begged “Please don’t talk about it.”

“I’m sorry,” Mai said “At your pace.” They sat in silence.

“What happened to you?” Riho asked. Mai didn’t know how to answer. She shrugged.

“No one can blame you.” Riho continued “You’ve been through so much from a very young age, I’m surprised you lasted this long.”

“That a somewhat weird thing to say.” Said Mai, half joking. Riho looked panicked.

“I-I’m so sorry..” she exclaimed, “I’m just thinking that I would have quit a long time ago… or… at least I think I would… I don’t know… I’m sorry.” Suddenly a loud yawn could be heard from Airi who seemed to be waking up. She stretched her body as far as she could and opened her eyes.

“I thought I heard you guys babbling.” She yawned “What time is it?” Mai was just about to answer when she realised she had no idea. She grabbed her phone.

“Oh…” she mumbled “It’s 14:30”

“What?” Riho said with a laugh “I thought you said I woke up early?” Mai shrugged.

“I thought you did.” Airi and Riho laughed happily. Mai looked at Riho in awe. How could she behave so normally when Mai could barely laugh? How were they so different? How was Mai so weak?

“What do you think, Mai?” Airi asked suddenly. They were both staring at her.

“A-what-now?” she asked. How had she missed an entire conversation? Airi frowned.

“Well, we were talking about what to do with Riho’s living situation… I mean… she obviously can’t go home…”

“Please don’t make me go home.” Riho pleaded. Airi squeezed her hand.

“We won’t… of course we won’t.” She said “I mean… you could stay at mines, but I would have to ask Rina first.”

“You can stay here.” Said Mai “Mom, bless her, is away a lot. My sister is gone for a week, and I’m pretty sure she’s going somewhere else after that.”

“Why are they away so much?” Riho asked “Where’s your dad?”

“Mom works a lot to take care of us.” Mai started “My sister and I don’t really get along.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah… she doesn’t like that I’m an idol. Apparently she gets bullied because of it… so whenever I’m home she arranges herself so that she’s not in the same house as me for too long at a time.”

“That’s awful…” Riho looked sad.

“It’s sad, but I don’t blame her.” Mai said “I think I’d be the same way if it was reversed…”

“What about your dad?”

“Never really knew him. My mom won’t talk about him much, except that he was a kind man.” Mai retold “I… honestly don’t know where he is or what he does.”

“Huh…” Riho absorbed the new information “I’m sorry if I’m asking too many questions…”

“Nah, it’s fine. It has been going on for so long that I’m kinda immune to it now.” Mai said sadly. Airi looked from Riho to Mai depending on who was talking.

“My mom hates me for being an idol too…” Riho suddenly uttered. Her expression changed, showing that this was not something that was meant to be said out loud. Airi and Mai both looked to their junior.

“I’m sorry,” she quickly added “I don’t know why I said that…My head hurts…”

“Is that… why… she does this to you?” Airi asked in horror “Because she hates that you are an idol?” Riho’s eyes started flashing around the room as though she was looking for an escape. Airi must have noticed this too, because she grabbed both of Riho’s eyes and said:
“It’s ok if you don’t want to talk about it, dear. But just know that you are safe and we are here for you.” Airi was a lot better at this than Mai was. Riho first looked to Airi. Then her eyes met Mai’s. She took a deep breath.

“Yes.” She said “I mean.. I don’t know if that is the only reason… but that’s the one she uses.” The words were leaving the young idols in a speed that showed she really wanted to get it over with “She says she thinks it is absurd that more men would want to be with me than with her just because I’m somewhat famous and she has decided that since I stole her dream-career and her fan club of men, I should be punished by said men.” She stopped and struggled to catch her breath. Mai and Airi were staring at her in astonishment. Mai was impressed by the amount of words that could leave the aces mouth in that short amount of time, while also being horrified at the same words.

“I’m so-“ Airi stopped Riho’s apology with a long hug.

“Never apologize for that again.” she said. Riho, a little startled, eased into the hug. Once again, Mai felt a little spark of jealousy… or maybe she just felt left out?

“I just remembered,” said Airi and pulled away from the hug, where Mai could see a hint of disappointment on Riho’s face “I completely forgot to call work… and Rina… oh no she must be so worried.”

“Oh, no…” Mai remembered “Rina was at Chisato’s yesterday. They were quite desperately looking for you, but I told them you were here and ok.” Both Airi and Riho looked confused.

“I have… so many questions” Airi said “Why was Rina at Chissa’s? When did you talk to her? Where was I? Did you talk to Rina or Chissa? If Rina, isn’t she adorable? If Chissa, how did it go?”

“That was indeed a lot of questions.” Riho confirmed, and Mai recounted last night and the phone call to the best of her memory, hoping it would answer all of them.

“Alright, that’s good.” Airi said at the end “And what a sweet way to end the conversation… I’m sure Chissa really appreciated that.”

“Oh?” Mai asked, hoping her tone wasn’t too revealing.

“Well yeah… because… you know…”

“Oh,” Mai remembered “She also said something about a message she claims to have sent me, but I haven’t received anything in at least a month.” Riho was listening intensely and silently.

“Wait what?” Airi frowned “You haven’t received anything at all? That sounds wrong…”

“What do you mean?” Mai asked blankly “I never received anything.”

“I was certain that she had sent you a message… wait… which is the last message you received?” Mai checked her phone.

“The last message I received was this one, which reads “I’m so-“. She paused. It was suddenly coming back to her. She had gotten that message after Chissa had screamed at her for talking to Daisuke. Mai had run to the bathroom, received the text… and then…

“I… I blocked her number…”

“You what?” Airi asked surprised “Well unblock her then?”

Mai hesitated. Chisato had said:
“I’m sorry if my message hurt you.” … what if she was actually going to get hurt again. She didn’t think she could handle that right now. She stared at the screen.

“What are you waiting for, Mai?” Airi asked “What’s holding you back?”

“She’s afraid of more pain.” Riho pondered suddenly, then looked guilty for butting in. Mai just pointed to her to gesture that she was right, which made the youngest blush. Airi suddenly looked a little annoyed. Mai woke up next to both Airi and Riho who were lying on the floor. She had managed to sleep a little after her talk with Chisato on the phone, but somehow sleeping made her feel even more tired. She looked down at the two girls. They were holding hands – they had been since they finally decided to sleep.

Riho had arrived at about 5:54am and they greeted her with a hug and had prepared tea for her arrival. She was freezing cold, was wearing nothing but a very large T-Shirt and had stiffened blood down the side of her head coming from what looked like multiple head wounds. She wasn’t even wearing shoes. Airi went out to pay the taxi driver with a face mask on, and had come back saying he didn’t feel comfortable not driving Riho to the hospital, but she had refused. They sat Riho down on a chair and Airi went to get her First-Aid-Kit. While she was gone, Mai had gotten Riho a blanket and asked if she wanted to talk about it. Riho had replied no in a tone of voice that Mai recognized and therefore accepted. She pulled her in for a long, tight hug, which caused the younger to break into tears. Airi came back and quickly joined the hug. They didn’t let go until Riho wasn’t crying anymore. Airi then cleansed and treated Riho’s wounds to the best of her not-at-all-experienced-knowledge and took her into her bedroom to lend her some not bloodied clothes that she could put on after a long, warm shower. Riho gladly accepted. While she was in the shower, Mai and Airi paced around aimlessly, trying to find an appropriate way to handle the situation. Riho came out of the shower in tears and kept apologizing for them, which Airi and Mai was having none of.

“Can we do something… anything… to change the subject?” a broken Riho had pleaded. They had then, for some reason, played a silly game of UNO. It had been as fun as it possibly could be, and they had managed to get some chuckles out of Riho. Then the latter had gotten sleepy and kept almost falling asleep on Airi’s shoulder, so they had moved upstairs, taken the double-mattress from Mai’s mother’s room and placed it next to Mai’s bed for Airi and Riho to sleep on. They had tucked Riho in, and when Airi lay down next to her, she had sleepily reached out for her hand, which the older immediately accepted and smiled at Mai – the latter feeling guilty about the hint of jealousy that she could feel. Then they fell asleep… or… Airi and Riho did. Mai was awake and played stupid games on her phone until it suddenly started vibrating in her hands. It wasn’t a number that she recognized, and she had a sinking feeling that it might have been Riho’s mother. She left the room in order to not wake up the two others and went to pick up. Chisato’s voice had surprised her, and for a second her entire body had felt warm. They had talked! Actually talked! She felt embarrassed at how relieved she felt, and especially embarrassed about how she ended the conversation.

“Thank you for talking to me.” Who says something that stupid? She was pathetic. But somehow, for some reason, her talk with Chisato had relaxed her enough to sleep, even if it was just for a little bit. It was incredible how much of an effect Chissa had on her. In fact, it was stupid.

“Good morning Hagiwara-san” sounded Riho’s sleepy voice.

“Good morning. You’re up early.” Said Mai.

“Habit.” Said Riho “I usually wake up early to get out of my house as fast as I can.” Her expression changed and Mai immediately reached out for her hand, which she gratefully accepted.

“How do you do it?” Mai asked “How do you go through this horror and still bring your full energy at work?” Riho looked down.

“Work is my happy place.” She mumbled “When I’m there, I pretend the outside world doesn’t exist. When I dance, I’m free.” She took a huge breath “Besides, I have such a work load that it distracts me” she smiled.

“You’re incredible.” Mai found herself saying. Riho shook her head.

“Please don’t say that.” She begged “Please don’t talk about it.”

“I’m sorry,” Mai said “At your pace.” They sat in silence.

“What happened to you?” Riho asked. Mai didn’t know how to answer. She shrugged.

“No one can blame you.” Riho continued “You’ve been through so much from a very young age, I’m surprised you lasted this long.”

“That a somewhat weird thing to say.” Said Mai, half joking. Riho looked panicked.

“I-I’m so sorry..” she exclaimed, “I’m just thinking that I would have quit a long time ago… or… at least I think I would… I don’t know… I’m sorry.” Suddenly a loud yawn could be heard from Airi who seemed to be waking up. She stretched her body as far as she could and opened her eyes.

“I thought I heard you guys babbling.” She yawned “What time is it?” Mai was just about to answer when she realised she had no idea. She grabbed her phone.

“Oh…” she mumbled “It’s 14:30”

“What?” Riho said with a laugh “I thought you said I woke up early?” Mai shrugged.

“I thought you did.” Airi and Riho laughed happily. Mai looked at Riho in awe. How could she behave so normally when Mai could barely laugh? How were they so different? How was Mai so weak?

“What do you think, Mai?” Airi asked suddenly. They were both staring at her.

“A-what-now?” she asked. How had she missed an entire conversation? Airi frowned.

“Well, we were talking about what to do with Riho’s living situation… I mean… she obviously can’t go home…”

“Please don’t make me go home.” Riho pleaded. Airi squeezed her hand.

“We won’t… of course we won’t.” She said “I mean… you could stay at mines, but I would have to ask Rina first.”

“You can stay here.” Said Mai “Mom, bless her, is away a lot. My sister is gone for a week, and I’m pretty sure she’s going somewhere else after that.”

“Why are they away so much?” Riho asked “Where’s your dad?”

“Mom works a lot to take care of us.” Mai started “My sister and I don’t really get along.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah… she doesn’t like that I’m an idol. Apparently she gets bullied because of it… so whenever I’m home she arranges herself so that she’s not in the same house as me for too long at a time.”

“That’s awful…” Riho looked sad.

“It’s sad, but I don’t blame her.” Mai said “I think I’d be the same way if it was reversed…”

“What about your dad?”

“Never really knew him. My mom won’t talk about him much, except that he was a kind man.” Mai retold “I… honestly don’t know where he is or what he does.”

“Huh…” Riho absorbed the new information “I’m sorry if I’m asking too many questions…”

“Nah, it’s fine. It has been going on for so long that I’m kinda immune to it now.” Mai said sadly. Airi looked from Riho to Mai depending on who was talking.

“My mom hates me for being an idol too…” Riho suddenly uttered. Her expression changed, showing that this was not something that was meant to be said out loud. Airi and Mai both looked to their junior.

“I’m sorry,” she quickly added “I don’t know why I said that…My head hurts…”

“Is that… why… she does this to you?” Airi asked in horror “Because she hates that you are an idol?” Riho’s eyes started flashing around the room as though she was looking for an escape. Airi must have noticed this too, because she grabbed both of Riho’s eyes and said:
“It’s ok if you don’t want to talk about it, dear. But just know that you are safe and we are here for you.” Airi was a lot better at this than Mai was. Riho first looked to Airi. Then her eyes met Mai’s. She took a deep breath.

“Yes.” She said “I mean.. I don’t know if that is the only reason… but that’s the one she uses.” The words were leaving the young idols in a speed that showed she really wanted to get it over with “She says she thinks it is absurd that more men would want to be with me than with her just because I’m somewhat famous and she has decided that since I stole her dream-career and her fan club of men, I should be punished by said men.” She stopped and struggled to catch her breath. Mai and Airi were staring at her in astonishment. Mai was impressed by the amount of words that could leave the aces mouth in that short amount of time, while also being horrified at the same words.

“I’m so-“ Airi stopped Riho’s apology with a long hug.

“Never apologize for that again.” she said. Riho, a little startled, eased into the hug. Once again, Mai felt a little spark of jealousy… or maybe she just felt left out?

“I just remembered,” said Airi and pulled away from the hug, where Mai could see a hint of disappointment on Riho’s face “I completely forgot to call work… and Rina… oh no she must be so worried.”

“Oh, no…” Mai remembered “Rina was at Chisato’s yesterday. They were quite desperately looking for you, but I told them you were here and ok.” Both Airi and Riho looked confused.

“I have… so many questions” Airi said “Why was Rina at Chissa’s? When did you talk to her? Where was I? Did you talk to Rina or Chissa? If Rina, isn’t she adorable? If Chissa, how did it go?”

“That was indeed a lot of questions.” Riho confirmed, and Mai recounted last night and the phone call to the best of her memory, hoping it would answer all of them.

“Alright, that’s good.” Airi said at the end “And what a sweet way to end the conversation… I’m sure Chissa really appreciated that.”

“Oh?” Mai asked, hoping her tone wasn’t too revealing.

“Well yeah… because… you know…”

“Oh,” Mai remembered “She also said something about a message she claims to have sent me, but I haven’t received anything in at least a month.” Riho was listening intensely and silently.

“Wait what?” Airi frowned “You haven’t received anything at all? That sounds wrong…”

“What do you mean?” Mai asked blankly “I never received anything.”

“I was certain that she had sent you a message… wait… which is the last message you received?” Mai checked her phone.

“The last message I received was this one, which reads “I’m so-“. She paused. It was suddenly coming back to her. She had gotten that message after Chissa had screamed at her for talking to Daisuke. Mai had run to the bathroom, received the text… and then…

“I… I blocked her number…”

“You what?” Airi asked surprised “Well unblock her then?”

Mai hesitated. Chisato had said:
“I’m sorry if my message hurt you.” … what if she was actually going to get hurt again. She didn’t think she could handle that right now. She stared at the screen.

“What are you waiting for, Mai?” Airi asked “What’s holding you back?”

“She’s afraid of more pain.” Riho pondered suddenly, then looked guilty for butting in. Mai just pointed to her to gesture that she was right, which made the youngest blush. Airi suddenly looked a little annoyed. 

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#42 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

Chapter 32 part 2/3

“That’s not fair, Mai” Airi said angrily “Chissa can’t help it if she feels that way about you, ok? I know it came at a bad time for you, but damn girl. She’s in love with you, not trying to murder you. It’s not the end of the world.” As Mai’s expression gradually changed as a world that was crashing and burning, Airi felt very guilty about her outburst. Riho was quiet and looked like she was trying to make herself invisible.

“Look I’m sorry. I’m not here to tell you how to feel..” Airi tried.

“I thought…” Mai whispered “I thought you guys were done with that stupid prank…” Airi raised her eyebrow.

“Mai we’re not pranking you.” She said “We never were.”

“THEN STOP LYING TO ME.” Mai cried, her breath starting to pick up speed again. Riho noticed and immediately jumped up next to her to try and calm her down. Airi adjusted herself to seem as calm as possible despite not knowing if she should be mad, confused, worried or all of them.

“Mai why do you insist that I am lying to you?” she asked.

“Because” Mai said in between breaths “You are. Chissa already told me it’s a joke. She made that perfectly clear, ok? The jig is up. Just please stop lying to me.” Airi was very confused at this. Chissa had told her the exact opposite. Was Chisato really playing a prank here? Surely not… if so she had taken it too far. She looked at Mai who was keeping eye-contact with Riho and focusing on breathing. So… Chisato was in love with Mai… she knew that for sure, unless Chissa was the best liar in the whole world. She had somewhat told Mai, but took it back and played it off as a joke, but she had insisted that Mai knew it wasn’t one. She had been absolutely certain about that.

“She looked at me in a way I’ve never seen before.” Chissa had said about Mai, convinced it was disgust.

“I made myself too obvious… and now she hates me…”But here Mai was, somehow certain that it had all been a joke on her. Which obviously showed that Mai had no idea about Chisato’s feelings at all. The latter had also claimed with absolute certainty that Mai was straight, but the night before Mai had confessed she thought she was bi… it was so strange… Mai’s strong reaction to what she thought was a joke… her ‘new way of looking at Chissa’… the missing puzzle piece.

“Oh my god.” She exclaimed, resulting in both present idols to turn to her “You’re in love with Chisato.” Mai held her breath and Riho’s jaw dropped.

“What…?” Mai whispered.

“You’re in love with her. This is all just the world’s biggest misunderstanding!” Airi continued.

“I-I.. I don’t understand…” Mai sounded like glass.

“Are you in love with her?” Riho asked gently. Mai looked away and froze slightly.

“Yes…” she uttered “Yes I am…” she sighed quietly. Airi tried to hide the amount of excitement she was feeling. They loved each other – they were going to be together and be happy forev-

“But it doesn’t matter” Mai sounded exhausted “She… it… I’m just a joke to her.” Airi wanted to scream into a pillow.

“Mai, honey, for crying out loud, listen to me!” she said desperately, “Listen. It was not a joke, ok? It was not a joke at all. Chisato is in love with you, and she has been this entire time. You’ve been talking past each other, which is why you both think you hate each other!”

“This sounds like the plot of some fan’s bad fanfiction.” Riho noted. Airi playfully threw a pillow after her.

“I don’t understand…” Mai mumbled “I just… don’t… understand…”

“You could unblock her and see the messages she has sent you?” Riho calmly suggested.

“YES! Do it!” Airi almost screamed and jumped up to sit next on the other side of Mai. The latter looked back down at her phone. She opened it, when to phonebook, found Chisato’s number and pressed on it. She gave a little gasp as the option to unblock the number came up. Airi smiled as she observed her friend close her eyes and press it. The incoming messages appeared almost instantaneously. There were 5.

“Hey Mai,

Where are you? I hope you’re ok.

-Chissa”

“Hey Mai,

I’m glad you’re ok.

-Chisato”

“Hey Mai,

Great performance today.

-Chissa”

“Hey Mai…

I’m sorry I’m writing you.

I’ll stop now, I promise.

-Okai Chisato.”

But the fifth one was obviously written just the day before, right after they had heard about Mai’s break. It was very long, but before Airi could read it all, Riho poked her from behind Mai’s back and gestured to the fact that this was a private thing for Mai to read. They both leaned back and started making weird faces at each other while they waited for Mai to finish. Riho was adorable, and seeing her laugh made Airi feel warm inside. Her stomach fluttered a little. What a beautiful girl.

“She… loves… me…”Mai’s voice was trembling. “She… really… loves me….”

“I told you so!” Airi said with a proud grin.

“Is this why she avoided me? Because she thought I rejected her?”

“YES!!!”

“So… it’s my fault then… all of this…” Mai wasn’t sounding as happy as Airi wanted her to.

“Mai…”

“And… I’ve been causing her so much pain… for so long…”

“Mai, please…”

“I’m horrible.” Mai concluded.

“No, Mai. No. You didn’t know.” Airi hurried to say. “You couldn’t have known, so you shouldn’t blame yourself.”

“Please… guys… could I be alone for a bit?” Mai pleaded “I’m sorry Riho, you can definitely stay here... but… just for a bit… please?”

“Of course you can.” Riho said calmly. She got up and extended a hand out to Airi “Shall we?” The latter didn’t want to leave. She wanted to stay and make sure Mai was ok.

“Airi, come on.” Riho uttered. Finally she gave in and joined Riho. She turned to Mai and said:
“We’ll be right downstairs if you need us ok? Take all the time you need.” Mai nodded, but Airi could tell she was barely listening. She followed Riho into the hallway.

“Do you really think it’s a good idea to leave her like that?” she asked her younger friend. Riho turned back to face her.

“Trust me, she would rather be alone right now.” She said earnestly. Airi admired the young idol. She was crazy smart, especially for her age. “What do you want to do?” she asked.

“I don’t know… coffee?” Airi suggested.

“That sounds like a good plan.” Riho agreed. An idea suddenly dawned on Airi.

“Alright!” she exclaimed excitedly “Wait here, I’ll be gone for like 20 minutes tops!”

“Where are you going?” the younger asked, confused as Airi almost jumped out the front door.

“I’m going shopping~” she sang back and closed the door behind her, leaving Riho with a lot of questions.

At the shop, she bought all the sorts of pastries she could find, a great coffee, some savoury snacks, some fruit, some ingredients and some bubble tea. Then she went to another section and bought some cute decorative stuff. Hurrying home, she carried everything in 3 different bags and got a few wondering stares as she ran homewards. She stopped by a flower shop and bought a beautiful orchid. When she got home, she found Riho sitting at the kitchen counter staring into nothing.

“Heyyyy” Airi sang happily. Riho looked like she was coming back from a long, unpleasant trance, and managed a weak smile in Airi’s direction.

“Hi.” She muttered, only half there. Airi walked like a woman with purpose over to the kitchen table and placed the grocery bags on top of it.

“Riho my love, may I ask you to leave the kitchen for a bit and wait for me to come get you?” Riho looked a little scared.

“Am I bothering you?” she asked carefully.

“No, absolutely not! I just have an idea!” Airi said happily and smiled as Riho looked relieved. She obeyed and left Airi alone in the kitchen. When she had left, Airi immediately started preparing. She took out the cute rug she had bought and placed it over the kitchen table. Her aim was to make Riho feel safe and at ease. To give her a moment of peace where all of the outside world seemed inexistent. She looked through Mai’s kitchen counters and took the cutest plates she could find to make a beautiful arrangement of the assortment of snacks and goodies she had bought. Then she placed them symmetrically on the rug. She boiled some water and prepared the great coffee she had bought and put the bubble tea in the fridge, placed the coffee pot neatly on the rug and finished her project by placing the orchid at the centre of it all. She took a step back to admire her work, rearranged the parts she didn’t find perfect until she was absolutely satisfied. Then she prepared some batter for fluffy pancakes and turned on the heating on a stove. She was ready.

“Neat.” She told herself with a smile. She nodded with satisfaction and went to get Riho.

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#43 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Chapter 33 3/3.

DISCLAIMER:
Spoiler

link in spoiler:

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#44 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

Chapter 34.

Finally a chapter that I didn't feel sick while writing!! 

I hope you guys like it! :)

“NOOO, JUST DIE ALREADY!” Nakky screamed at the murderer on TV. Chissa laughed happily at her friend’s intense commentary.

“GOD, I love Saturday TV horror films!” the older exclaimed excitedly. They were munching on their second bag of popcorn and relaxing. Chissa looked at her friend and smiled. It was nice spending an afternoon together that was just… nice.

“What are you looking at me for?” Nakky asked, making Chissa realise she had been staring blankly at her friend with a smile on her face “It’s a little creepy…” Nakky giggled. Chissa was a little embarrassed, but couldn’t help just laughing about it.

“I was just gushing at your beauty, my fair lady.” She uttered as obnoxiously as she could. Nakky threw a pillow after her with a giggle. “Oh no, fair lady, why does thou reject me so?” Chissa continued, skilfully dodging another pillow. “I am but admitting my affections, why is thy reaction so hurtful?” Nakky sighed loudly.

“Oh, Lady Chissa of the Project lands in the Hello region, I am not rejecting thy affections at all. I am but a peasant and thou are such a high-class beauty that our star-crossed love just cannot be, as I am not worthy of thy presence.” She reciprocated. Chissa laughed.

“I am shocked, fair lady, that such lies should sound from thy lips.” She faked a devastatingly shocked look “Never have I seen such beauty – thy lips red like roses, thy eyes dark like the eternal universe and that body, daaamn gurl, you fiiiine.” Another pillow flew and hit Chisato in the face. They both laughed.

“You know what I think?” Nakky asked suddenly.

“Satuday horror movies should be an everyday thing?” Chissa suggested.

“Oh hell yeah, definitely! But also, our lives would be so much simpler if we had just fallen in love with each other!” Chisato looked at her friend in surprise.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean… don’t you think we could have avoided lot of pain and confusion if we had just been smart enough to fall for each other?” Chissa looked at her best friend thoughtfully. They did get along so smoothly. The always understood each other, all of this drama could have been avoided.

“You’re staring at me again.”

“Oh, sorry!” Chissa said “I was agreeing in my mind.” Nakky giggled happily.

“I’m not a mind reader!” she laughed. The younger smiled.

“Do you think we could?” she asked wonderingly.

“Read minds?” Nakky asked, confused.

“No, silly. Fall in love.”

“Oh,” Nakky thought for a second “I don’t know… I mean… we could try?”

“Really?” Chissa asked “What about Maimi?” the older had seemingly been blocking the memory of the night before and Maimi in general… or she had just forgotten for a second.

“Maimi…” Nakky said dreamingly “I love Maimi… I do.. But..” her expression turned pained and Chissa didn’t wanna ruin a good moment.

“Love is good and all that, but we would be awesome together.” She hurried to say, hopefully interrupting whatever evil was going on in her head. Nakky immediately lit up.

“We really would!” she exclaimed “Power couple of the century!” they laughed carelessly.

“But…” Nakky continued “How would we even… make it happen?” Chissa shrugged.

“We could… go on a date?” she suggested.

“Yeah… yeah… but… how is a date different than how we usually hang out?”

“It’s more romantic? I guess? I don’t know.”

“What does that even mean though?” Nakky wondered “What makes romance?” the last word was exaggerated and followed by a dramatic hand gesture.

“Well in the movies I’ve seen.. it looks like candles are a pretty solid choice?” Chissa suggested “And then.. well.. I guess it’s the late-night goodbye kiss that kinda solidifies it?”Nakky’s eyes started sparkling.

“Ahh~ that does sound nice” she whispered dreamingly. It was silent for a bit as they dreamed about their newfound definition of romance. Nakky sighed, Chissa pondered.

“You know,” Nakky finally said “If we really wanna try this...” She paused. Chissa looked at her. She was intrigued. Anything that could help her get over, and start act normal towards Mai was very welcome. And honestly, there was no way someone like Chissa could ever do better than the goddess that was Nakky. She’d be the luckiest person in the world.

“If we really wanna do this?” she asked calmly, waiting for her friend to finish her thought.

“Ok… we’ve been together all day, right?”

“Right?”

“Well,” Nakky sounded inspired “What if we pretend everything until now has been our first date? Then the only thing missing would be..”

“The goodbye kiss!” Chissa finished excitedly.

“Exactly!” Nakky said with a proud grin.

“You, my friend, are a genius.”

“Should we do it? Like… for real?” Chissa thought about it.

“I’m game if you are.” She answered with a smile “I mean… what’s the worst that can happen, right?”

“So romantic” Nakky joked. Chissa smiled.

“Hey come on, I’m serious!” she said with a laugh “Could be fun.”

“Alright!” Nakky exclaimed happily “Kiss me up!” She closed her eyes. Chissa looked at her rather awkwardly.

“Ehhh Nakky?”

“Myes?” her friend asked, eyes still closed.

“Shouldn’t we... you know… at least be on the same couch for this?” Nakky reopened her eyes and realised the distance between them.

“Huh, I guess that would make things easier, wouldn’t it?” Chissa laughed.

“You know what else?” She giggled “We should set the mood a little.” Nakky’s pupils widened in intrigue.

“Oooooh, what are you thinking?” She asked. Chissa got up and started fumbling in cupboards looking for the scented candles her mother collected. Then she started placing them around the room. Nakky picked up what was happening really quickly.

“Where’s your matches?”                                      

“Right there on the table.” Chissa gestured and watched as her friend jumped up and started lighting the candles. When they had placed them neatly around the room, Chissa went to the light switch.

“You ready?” Chissa asked.

“Hold on!” Nakky closed all the curtains and sat back down, “Now I’m ready!” Chissa hit the lights and the room was instantly filled by a soft, warm, orange light. Then she sat down next to her friend who was looking around the room in admiration.

“Wow, this really does make things instantly more romantic, doesn’t it?” she sighed dreamingly. Chissa had to agree. She looked at Nakky. The candlelight gave her eyes a strong sparkle, and really highlighted her perfect, soothing aura. Chissa smiled. Anyone could fall in love in this kind of setting.

“You’re looking at me again.” Said Nakky, but this time her tone was different – more fragile. The light bounced playfully off her lips. Mai would look incredible in this kind of lighting.

“I am, yeah.” Chissa almost sighed.

“Wow… this is… really… something.” Nakky whispered shyly. Chissa noted that they had looked each other in the eyes for a while now. Should they kiss? Should she ask her? Would that ruin it? Was she moving closer? Who was supposed to initiate it?

“You look really beautiful” Nakky uttered. Chissa gathered all her courage and kissed her. It was gentle – soothing. She wondered if it would be this nice to kiss Mai as well. Because it really was nice. She ran her fingers through her friend’s hair, the latter having moved closer and placed herself a little over Chissa. If she ever kissed Mai, she wanted to be the one doing that. Nothing would make her happier than showing Mai how passionate she was. Nakky’s lips were as soft as they looked. Chissa couldn’t wrap her head around the fact that someone so beautiful would want to kiss silly little her. It was fantastic! And if it was this fantastic with Nakky, Chissa could only imagine what it would be like with Mai. They stopped and looked at each other, both smiling shyly.

“So?” Chissa asked, almost feeling the answer.

“That was a really great kiss...” Nakky stated, almost apologetically.

“But?”

“But… I couldn’t stop thinking about Maimi.” Chissa let out a little laugh. “What? What’s funny?”

“Nothing… nothing” Chissa reassured her “It’s just… I couldn’t stop thinking about Mai either.” Nakky smiled a little sadly.

“Guess you can force romance, but you can’t force love.” She whispered.

“Wow. That’s deep.” Chissa said “Nakky, you truly are these times’ top philosopher.” Nakky pushed her to the side jokingly.

“Shut up.” she giggled. “Oh well, so we won’t fall in love, but at least you’ll always be my best friend.”

“Yeah.” Said Chissa with a smile, “If you ask me, that’s a pretty darn sweet deal.”

“Agreed!” Nakky said happily “You really are a good kisser though, anyone would be lucky to have you!”

“It was a really great kiss.” Chissa agreed, “High five!” Nakky reciprocated the awkward gesture happily.

“This is the most romantic high five I have ever had!” She laughed, “Should we kill the mood?”

“I don’t know, you do look exceptionally beautiful right now, and I kinda don’t want this moment to end.” Chissa half joked. Nakky became redder than the room was orange – she was adorable to embarrass. Suddenly, Chissa’s phone started vibrating but immediately stopped. She raised her eyebrow and looked at it.

“Ehm…” she said, stunned as the hit of reality came back to her.

“What is it?” Nakky asked curiously.

“Mai tried to call me…” Nakky’s jaw dropped.

“What, just now?”

“Yeah...”

“I thought she had blocked your number?” she sounded as confused as Chisato felt.

“Yeah I thought so too…” Chissa stared at her phone as if it was a foreign object.

“Well call her ba-“ Nakky was interrupted as Chissa’s phone once again vibrated for just a second. Chissa now had two missed calls from Mai. They both stared at it.

“Maybe it’s a mistake?” Chissa suggested.

“You should call and find out.”

“But… I’m blocked…” Chissa muttered wonderingly.

“Well obviously not right now, call her for crying out loud!”

Chissa pressed call.

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#45 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Chapter 35

No disclaimer needed methinks. Sorry for the wait. 

“Come on, Mai, you can to this.” Mai tried to reassure herself. She stared at Chissa’s number on her phone screen. This time she wouldn’t hang up. This time she would actually talk to Chissa about this whole th-

Her phone rang. It was Chissa. In a panic, she pressed the red button and the call went away.

‘What the hell are you doing?’ She thought helplessly ‘Come on… just… call!’ She pressed the button and put the phone to her ear. As soon as she heard the first beep, she panicked and hung up once again. ‘Maybe text… text is good…” She opened a text message and stared at the blank, white screen. What in the world was she supposed to write? Was she supposed to apologise? Confess? Maybe both? Neither? What was appropriate? Her phone rang again, but this time it was Nakky. Confused, she picked up.

“Hel-“

“Oh, when it’s me you pick up?”

Sounded an angry voice.

“Oh…. Ehm.. ehhh” Mai was dumbfounded.

“Hi, by the way, sorry about your condition, hope you feel better soon, but Mai, what the ######?”

“I’m… I’m sorry” She had no idea what to say.

“Don’t apologize, just tell me why you are messing with Chissa like this. It’s not fair – She’s really sad.”

Nakky’s voice was a little softer now, but Mai could still feel the anger.

“I… I wasn’t trying to mess with her, I swear…” Mai could feel the Wall of Numbness trembling again, and she focused on her breathing in order to not lose control.

“Then what are you doing?”

“I-I… I don’t know.” Mai’s voice was trembling, “I-I just wanted to… talk…”

“Oh.. Oh-kay… Calm down, Mai.”

Nakky sounded worried and Mai felt guilty for turning her anger into worry.

“Why did you keep hanging up if you wanted to talk?”

“I… don’t… know.” Mai whispered as tears were streaming down her face, which confused her since she didn’t feel sad.

“Alright, well… I’m at hers right now hiding in the bathroom. Is there any message you want me to pass along from you?”

Mai’s head was flying at high speed and she couldn’t think straight. She felt as though she had forgotten how to breathe and her eyes were foggy.

“Mai? Mai? What’s happening?”

She couldn’t really make out what Nakky was saying.

“I’m so sorry,” she gasped “I don’t know.”

“Mai, this sounds really bad, are you alone?”

“Yes” she struggled.

“Do you need us to come over?”

“NO! No… no… It’s ok… I’m ok, I can handle this.” She closed her eyes and remembered what Riho had taught her.

Ok ehm… I’ve been in here a while and if I stay any longer, Chissa is going to think there is something wrong…”

Nakky sounded hesitant.

“Do you want me to tell her to call you, or will you do it yourself?”

“Just tell her…” Mai started and held her breath “Just tell her that I am in love with her.” She said this while letting her breath out.

“What?”

It was out now, and there was no taking it back. She couldn’t.

“Mai, really?”

She hung up without answering, but felt really rude so she immediately opened a new text to Nakky and wrote nothing but:

‘I’m sorry… Yes’

Then she lay down on her bed and focused on breathing. She had done it. Nakky was probably telling Chissa right now, and Mai would probably get a phone call soon… or… maybe… what if Airi had lied? What if it all was a joke? Had she humiliated herself completely? She got up and went to the bathroom to clean her face. Either way the ball was in Chissa’s court now. Even if she was lying, Mai wasn’t, and that somehow felt important enough to her that the lying became somewhat insignificant. She heard laughing and chattering downstairs and went to investigate.

“HEY MAI!” Airi sang and jumped up to embrace her younger friend, “Feeling better?” Mai didn’t answer but looked at the scenario. Riho and Airi had turned her kitchen into a lovely picnic setting with more snacks than Mai had seen in years. Riho was sitting at the table, looking a little tired, but smiling.

“What’s been going on here?” Mai asked.

“We were just killing time.” Airi said “Sorry, we should have included you.”

“Nono, I told you I needed to be alone and I respect that you respect my privacy.” Airi smiled.

“I bought enough for you as well, if you want some?” she asked enthusiastically. Mai looked over to Riho who was staring into nothing.

“How’s she doing?” she asked Airi as quietly as she could.

“I think she needs to go see a doctor.” Airi whispered back “Her head injury looks really bad, and… well… there’s a certain procedure that one has to follow after… you know. Google said a check-up is essential.” Mai nodded.

“Does she want to go?” she asked.

“I haven’t asked yet.”

“What are you two whispering about?” sounded Riho’s slightly dazed voice.

“Nothing!” Airi hurried to say.

“Ah, so it’s about me then.” The youngest concluded.

“We… ehm…” Airi tried.

“We were thinking it might be a good idea to have you looked at by a doctor.” Mai intervened, thinking she could use her numbness for good. Riho looked panicked from one to the other.

“Why?” she asked “Won’t my mom find out? Won’t I have to go back?”

“We don’t know.” Mai answered honestly, “But your head-injury needs seeing too… and so does everything else..”

“Why?” Riho had stood up and looked like she was battling an urge to punch something, “Why is it so important?” Airi went over and tried to hug her but was refused. She looked hurt.

“Because we… we don’t know anything about these men other than that they are despicable human beings. They might be incredibly disease-ridden too… and you might suffer from a concussion as well… It’s...” Mai was trying to finish what she was saying, but the look Riho had in her eyes stopped her. Airi had started crying.

“My point is,” Mai struggled “You could get seriously ill…”

“Good.” Riho interrupted “Let me die.” Mai was dumbfounded. How could she respond to that?

“Don’t you dare say that.” Airi cried. She sounded almost angry, but it was clear that she wasn’t “Not seriously, not for fun. Do not say something so horrible.”

“But-“

“Not ‘buts’, ok? We have to take you to a doctor. It’s the only responsible thing to do, and that’s that.” Riho didn’t answer, but instead almost fell to her knees in desperation.

“I can’t go back there.” she whispered. Airi kneeled down next to her and placed her hand on her back.

“We know. And we won’t let you.” She finally got the hug she had been fighting for, “Trust me, we won’t let anything bad happen to you.” Mai opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the doorbell. They all froze.

“Are we expecting anyone?” Airi asked.

“Not that I know of.” Mai looked cautiously at the front door. A nasty feeling of fear overtook the three girls.

“Riho… go into the other room and hide. Do not come out until we get you.” Airi’s voice broke the silence. Riho obeyed quickly. “Mai… answer the door.” Hesitantly, Mai held her breath and opened the door.

“Hi MaiMai!” sounded Nakky’s thrilled voice. Mai was still holding her breath as her older group-mate threw her arms around her neck for an excited hug. “We just HAD to come over. Hi Airi!” Nakky waved frantically. Mai glanced behind her and felt her heart skip a beat. Chissa was standing behind her, looking a little confused and uncomfortable.

“Hey.” She said quietly.

“Hi…” Mai had no idea how to react.

“You look tired.” Chissa said.

“I am.” Why was she so cold towards her? This was not the time to be cold. Had Nakky told her? Did she know? Should Mai apologize? Should she wait for her to apologize?

“Aren’t you going to invite us in?” Nakky asked.

“Oh right, of course. Come in.” Mai said and stepped aside.

“Hi girls.” Said Airi without much excitement. Nakky walked in enthusiastically and dragged Chisato with her.

“I think you two need to go upstairs and talk about some things.” Nakky said triumphically.

“What are you doing? Why are we here?” Mai heard Chisato whisper to Nakky. 

“You’ll see” she whispered back indiscreetly, which made Chissa blush and look away in shame. Mai guessed that Nakky hadn’t told her, and wanted Mai herself to say it.

“Ok.” Mai said blankly “Let’s go then.” She started walking away, expecting Chisato to follow her. She turned back around and saw that the latter hadn’t moved an inch. “Chissa… please…” Mai found herself whispering in desperation. Chisato clearly reacted to the use of her nickname, and she finally chose to follow Mai upstairs. They went to Mai’s room and she chose to sit on the bed while Chisato looked around the room, looking for somewhere for her to sit.

“Just take the chair.” Mai helped. She obeyed. They sat in silence, not looking at each other. Mai had no idea where to start. If her suspicions were right and Nakky hadn’t told Chissa anything, Mai would have to confess all over again and it was so much harder now that she was right in front of her.

“I’m… sorry if you don’t want me here.” Chisato broke the silence, much to Mai’s surprise “Nakky dragged me here.”

“I’m sorry if you don’t want to be here.” Mai answered coldly. Chisato flinched and Mai suddenly felt guilty. What was wrong with her, why was she being so mean to Chissa? “I finally got your text.” She finally decided to say.

“Oh…” Chisato sounded on alert “So you unblocked me then…”

“Yes.” Mai answered “I… I didn’t know I had blocked you…” Chisato rolled her eyes.

“Of course you didn’t” she said, annoyed. Mai paused. She didn’t want this to turn into a fight so she didn’t say anything in her own defence. Chisato looked down and added: “I’m sorry… I … I really am in no position to do that…”

“It’s fair.” Mai stated “I’m being honest, but I don’t blame you for not believing me.” It felt so distant. So… formal. Mai looked at her group-mate. She was in love with Okai Chisato, her best friend of 10 years who was beautiful, goofy and easy to be around. She wasn’t sure who was sitting in front of her.

“Nakky… said… it was very important that I see you immediately…” Chisato tried “Do you know why?” Mai took a deep breath. This was her chance.

“I didn’t know you were in love with me.” She said, surprised at her own statement. Chisato suddenly looked floored.

“… What?...” she whispered.

“Before I read your text, I thought you were playing a prank on me with Airi.” Mai felt incredibly stupid that this was her truth. Chissa looked like she was blacked out behind her open eyes.

“I… don’t… understand…” she muttered.

“You are in love with me… right?” Mai asked, feeling her heart at the end of the plank ready to be pushed into a sea of sharks. Chisato took a deep breath and looked Mai in the eyes. Mai could see an equal fear in her look as she herself was feeling.

“Yes.” She whimpered “Yes I am. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Mai’s heart broke as she heard her group-mate apologize for her feelings. She then realised how much Chisato might have been hurting the past month because of this and wanted to throw herself out of the window. 

“Chisato.” She said, voice strained as she barely kept her cool, “You have been my everything since I was 6 years old. Every day you’ve managed to make me smile, laugh and feel safe. Every day you have been my rock, my shoulder to cry on when I needed you. You’ve been my best friend, my soulmate and I cannot imagine what my life would have been without you. That and so many reasons is why you are irreplaceable to me, Okai Chisato. That and so many reasons is why I…” Mai paused and took a deep breath. “I am so ridiculously in love with you.”

She braced herself for a reaction. The seconds of silence that followed felt like a million years, as countless thoughts about how she could take it back was flying through her mind. She could turn start laughing and say just kidding? She could run away and move to America? She could pretend she had a boyfriend? She could turn this entire thing into a prank? She could-

Chisato kissed her.

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#46 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

CHAPTER 36

“So… what are you doing here?” Nakky asked Airi, the latter sitting uneasily on her chair looking at the door to another room. Nakky noticed she probably hadn’t heard her question. “Airi? You ok?”

“Oh, yeah sorry… just… tired” Airi answered, still staring at the door. Nakky poked her friends head.

“Airi, you still haven’t answered my question!” the younger flinched as she regained consciousness and smiled forcedly at Nakky.

“Sorry, what was it?”

“What are you doing here?” Nakky repeated herself.

“I… was visiting,” Airi got up “I’m sorry, could you hang on for a moment?” she marched over to the door she had been staring at and went into the other room. Nakky sat quietly and wondered what was happening. It didn’t take long before Airi reappeared with Riho behind her.

“H-hey” Riho muttered. Nakky smiled excitedly.

“Hey Riho!” She exclaimed “What a pleasant surprise to see you here, were you visiting Mai as well?”

“Yes.” Riho answered. Airi stood uneasily next to her, and Nakky figured there was probably more going on than they wanted to say. But it was none of her business.

“So Chisato is here to talk to Mai, huh?” Riho asked after a moment of silence. Nakky nodded happily and clapped her hands.

“YES!” It’s about time those two sat down and had an actual conversation, don’t you think, Airi?”

Airi nodded and said:        
“Yeah, it’s probably very good for them.”

“Hopefully they can figure something good out.” Riho added. Nakky laughed.

“Yeah, how weird is this whole misunderstanding? It’s like the plot of someone’s bad fanfiction!”

“THAT’S WHAT I SAID!” Riho exclaimed happily. Airi chuckled and bopped her on the head, which Nakky noticed caused a slight blush on the younger’s cheeks.

“So, what should we do while we wait for the two lovebirds to talk their shit out?” Nakky asked.

“We… could play UNO?” Airi suggested.

“…Uno? Really?” Nakky hadn’t really played games since she was a child.

“Yeah, why not?” Riho said happily “It’s good fun!”

“Alright…” Nakky was surprised to find that Airi knew exactly where the UNO box was placed. Airi took notice and chuckled.
“We played it this morning,” She clarified, “I didn’t just know where Mai keeps her games.”

They played for a little while, talking about small things like work and the weather. Then Airi’s phone vibrated and she smiled at the screen. Nakky noticed Riho’s neck getting longer as she curiously tried to check out what was on the it.

“Sorry, that was Rina that wanted to make sure I was ok, she sent me a meme to ‘try and seem more aloof’… she’s so cute.”

“Rina, as in Kawaei Rina?” Nakky quickly asked, much to her own surprise.

“Yeah, my flatmate.”

“I met her last night, she is indeed adorable!” Nakky said dreamingly, recalling how she had literally thought she had died and seen an angel when she saw her.

“Isn’t she just? Aah, she’s the sweetest too,” Airi added “She is incredible at making pancakes, and makes them for me in the morning after work – it’s ridiculously kind.” For some reason, the idea of Rina with flour on her cheeks sleepily making pancakes made Nakky smile to herself.

“Nakajima-san, it’s your turn.” Riho interrupted. The oldest looked at her cards and sighed.

“I really don’t think I have anything good here, they’re all black…” she muttered. Airi peeked at her cards and laughed.

“Oh my god, Nakky, you only have +4’s… how is that even possible?”

“Are you serious?!” Riho exclaimed.

“Ehhh… is that good?” Nakky asked.

“Not for me…” Riho sulked, “Man, I keep losing at this stupid game.”

“Awww, well you know what they say,” Nakky tried to console “Unlucky in games means luck in love!” She tried to wink, but noticed that Riho’s face looked like she was a deer in a headlight. Airi was even worse.

“… Did I say something wrong?”

“Nonononono…” Riho muttered “It’s ok,it’s fine. It’s ok….. It’s fine.” Nakky had clearly struck a chord, but she had no idea how “Excuse me for a second.” Riho finished and got up. Airi grabbed her hand and sent her a look that Nakky assumed meant: ‘I am here for you’ but Riho just smiled and said:
“I’m fine, it’s ok. I just need a second.” And left the room.

“What did I do?” Nakky asked worriedly. Airi didn’t answer, instead she once again stared at the door.

“Should I follow her?” she asked, “I probably shouldn’t I should respect that she wants to be alone… but… I want to make sure she is ok…” Nakky raised an eyebrow. Was she completely invisible to Airi right now?

“She said she was ok, I think we should take her word for it.” She tried, but the younger once again seemed to ignore it.

“She is incredible, you know that?” Airi uttered.

“Well she’s the perfect ace…” Nakky tried to understand what was going on.

“No… well yes… but… not just that. She is an incredible human being.” Airi said somewhat dreamingly.

“Well… I am sure that she is, I don’t know her that well.” Nakky added “Did I say something to upset her?” Airi finally reacted.

“No, no don’t worry about it. She’s going to be ok. She is so strong that she is going to be ok.”

“Airi what the ###### is going on?” Nakky blurted out unintentionally.

“I’m sorry,” the younger answered, “It’s not for me to tell you, but just trust me that it’ll be ok.”

“Did she just break up with someone or something?” Nakky realised that she sounded somewhat harsh, but she hated not knowing what was going on. Airi flinched and was clearly looking for the words to say.

“I… I really can’t tell you, it’s not my place. Sorry.” Was what she evidently settled on. Nakky shrugged and gave up.

“I just wanna know if I hurt her…” she mumbled, defeated.

“You didn’t, it’s all good.” Airi said with a reassuring smile “How are you, Nakky? I feel like we haven’t really talked in forever.” Nakky frowned for a second at the harshly changed subject, but accepted it.

“I’m… fine” she said, annoyed at herself for hesitating. “What about you?”

“I’m good,” said Airi “A little tired, but good nonetheless.”

“You are taking care of yourself, right?”

“Of course!” Airi hurried to say “Why do you think I took a day off work yesterday?”

“… Didn’t you skip work?” Nakky asked. Airi laughed a little.

“Yeah I guess I did… it was actually a mistake. Thanks for taking care of Kawaei, she said it was a real pleasure to meet you.”

“She did?” Nakky wondered. She had been such a hungover mess when she met Kawaei that there was no way she didn’t judge the hell out of her unless she was the purest being on the planet.

“Yeah! She said you were ill though, you ok?”

“Yeah yeah, just bad take-away,” Nakky continued Chisato’s lie. Airi raised an eyebrow.¨

“You sure?” she asked, somewhat too judgingly for Nakky’s taste.

“Ehh, yeah?” Nakky could feel herself sounding sickeningly defensive.

“Ok.” said Airi “Ok, I know you’re lying to me, but you clearly don’t want to talk about it.” Nakky felt angry, how the hell was she supposed to not talk about it now?

“What do you mean ‘lying to you’?” she asked “I am not lyi-“. She stopped herself halfway through the sentence. There was no point in continuing the lie if Aíri already knew. Besides, Airi had an annoying look on her face that looked like patience. “You’re right. I don’t want to talk about it.” Saki finally settled on. The younger idol looked disappointed.

“Are you sure? Nakky, I am not going to judge you, if you want to-“

“Airi. If you already know, there’s no point in telling you. And I. Don’t. Want. To. Talk. About. It.”

Airi nodded and looked down, and suddenly Nakky felt a little guilty.

“Sorry,” she said “I know you’re just concerned… but I… it’s hard to talk about.”

“I know, it’s ok.” Airi sent her a weak smile.

“How… how did you even know?” Nakky asked carefully, trying to ignore the fact that she was blatantly ignoring her own wish to let it go.

“You confessed to me once at work that you were hungover.” Airi reminded her, “I’ve been keeping a close eye on you, and… it has happened so many times, and it just seems to get worse…” she sounded exasperated “Is there anything at all that I can do for you?”  Nakky looked away in shame and shook her head. She didn’t look back to see Airi’s reaction.

“Hey… girls?” Riho reappeared in the kitchen door, and Airi immediately jumped up and ran over to her.

“Yes?” she asked hurriedly. Nakky smiled to herself.

“Ehm… I… think it’s better if you guys leave… I’m sorry, but…”

“Is everything ok?” Airi asked.

“Yeah… maybe… probably. I think they need some privacy just the two of them, without multiple people waiting for them to come downstairs…” Riho added.

“So… you have to leave too?” Nakky wasn’t quite sure why she asked, but she felt somehow bothered that Riho was speaking as though it was only Airi and herself that had to leave.

“Actually Riho is staying here overnight.” Airi said as-a-matter-of-factly. Riho nodded slightly.

“But… won’t that disrupt the so called privacy?” Nakky asked.

“She just has to stay, ok?” Airi sounded almost aggressive in her speech, “Now let’s go.” Nakky shrugged and followed Airi who was marching out of the door. When they were outside, the younger turned around and waved happily at a tired looking Riho who was closing the door.

“What was that all about?” Nakky asked curiously as they walked down the road in the same direction. Airi just shrugged and looked at her phone “Airi… could you answer me with one clear answer here?” Airi stopped and grabbed Nakky’s arm.

“Look, Nakky. Riho just needed somewhere to stay for the weekend because her parents are out of town and she was afraid to stay at home alone, ok? There’s nothing more to it.”

“Then why be so weird about it?” Nakky wondered out loud.

“I… I don’t know, I guess… I guess I figured it was too obvious to explain? Or I was worried about you?” Nakky chose to ignore the fact that Airi sounded like she was trying to convince herself.

“Right, this is where I turn.” She stated instead as they arrived to a road crossing “See you Monday.”

Airi half-heartedly waved as Nakky saw she was once again deep in thought, staring at her phone. She shrugged and went home.

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#47 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

CHAPTER 37

The light was blinking as they stood together in the basement holding hands.

“You don’t think it’s coming down here, do you?” asked the other shakily. Airi felt them tremble and herself sweating.

“I hope not.” She whispered to the sibylline mass next to her “You should be safe here. You’re going to be ok.”

“Promise me?” the other asked.

“I promise.” Said Airi and squeezed them. The dark basement rumbled and debris fell from the roof. The room built itself as Airi looked around. It was a small, very dark basement with only the one flickering light over their heads to light it up. It was completely empty, besides the two of them and a big staircase, almost bigger than the room itself, a little in front of them.

“I think it is coming downstairs.” Cried the shape next to her who Airi could now see was a girl.

A creaking of an opening door could be heard and the girl crept in behind Airi in defence.

“It’s ok. You’re ok.” Airi repeated. Suddenly there was a loud bang and a door flew down the stairs with alarming speed.

“IT’S COMING” cried the girl “HIDE!” Airi looked around.

“Where?” she asked desperately.

“IN THE COFFINS! QUICK!”

As if of out of thin air, two coffins appeared on separate sides of the room. Airi quickly ran to one of them and jumped in. She opened the lid a little to make sure the girl had gotten into hers. She could see a big shadow making its way down the stairs.

“IT WON’T OPEN!” the girl cried, desperately pulling on the coffin’s lid “I CAN’T OPEN IT, IT WON’T OPEN, HELP!” Airi wanted to jump out of the coffin and run to the girl’s aid, but she was frozen in place. The figure appeared. It was big, round and looked as though mud was constantly running down its shape. It was moving towards the girl, who hadn’t realised and was still fighting with the lid.

“WATCH OUT, IT’S BEHIND YOU!” Airi tried to scream, but she couldn’t. She tried to fight whatever was holding her down. The girl turned around and froze as the big creature reached out and grabbed her with two, muddy hands. It pulled her closer, and she started to disappear into its mass. Finally, Airi could sit up and screamed with all of her power:
“RIHO, NO!”

Airi sat up in her bed covered in sweat. At her door was Kawaei Rina with a bit of flour on her cheek.

“Hey… I heard you screaming, are you ok?” she asked shyly as she stirred a dough in a bowl in her hands. Airi closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“Yeah, just a nightmare.” She breathed out.

“Ouf, sounded really horrible.” Said Rina with a concerned look, “What was it about?” Airi tried to remember more than just the last scream that woke her up.

“I… I think it was about a friend being in danger.” She muttered and rubbed her head in hopes that it would awaken a memory.

“Is that friend called Riho, by any chance?” Rina asked.

“How did you know that?”

“Well… you screamed the name Riho…”

“Oh…” Kawaei evidently noticed that Airi was flustered, because she quickly added:
“Well, it was just a nightmare, right? So get up and I’ll make some waffles for you!”

“Ah, it’s waffles today then?” Airi said with a smile.

“Well, I can’t make pancakes every day now, can I? You’ll get bored of them!” Kawaei stated. Airi giggled.

“I don’t think I could ever get sick of your pancakes, but I do love waffles too!” She stretched her arms and yawned “Do we even have a waffle iron?” she asked.

“Oh yeah, my manager picked it up at my old apartment, along with a new load of mail.” Kawaei uttered happily.

“Wonderful.”

“So,”said Rina as she served a plate of delicious-looking waffles “You missed work the other day… what happened?”

“I went to see my group-mate Mai… she has been declared… ill… by her doctor and I wanted to make sure she was ok. I am sorry, I really should have written you, I didn’t mean to frighten you.” Airi excused herself.

“Ah, don’t worry I’m just glad you are ok!” Rina said with a big smile “Besides, I got to meet your group mates, so that was fun! Okai-san is such a sweetheart, and so pretty too! And Nakajima-san… well I didn’t catch her on the best of days but she really left an impression on me!” Rina sounded excited and her eyes were beaming as she ate a mouthful of waffles. Airi felt at ease while watching her.

“Yeah, they’re both lovely.” She said, “Saki wanted to apologize for the state she was in.”

“Arh, it was nothing. I’ve seen hungover girls plenty of times before!” Rina said carelessly. Airi raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean?” She asked carefully. She could have heard wrong, or maybe she was imagining things.

“Well… She was quite clearly hungover…” Said Rina “I mean… Okai-san tried to pass it off as food poisoning, but I’ve seen it so many times in AKB…” Rina trailed off as she saw Airi’s expression “I…I’m sorry…” she added, “Did you not know that?”

“No, I did.” Airi muttered calmly “I’m just surprised you’re not more… surprised.”

“Oh… sorry… so it’s a secret?” Rina asked.

“Sort of… I mean I barely know about it, I just know of it.”

“….Does she drink a lot?”

“I… I’ve noticed… that it’s not not a lot…” Airi almost whispered, feeling a little guilty that she was talking so freely about her group-mate like this. But she trusted Rina, and she knew there was no harm in telling her… hell… she could probably even tell her about Riho…

“What does that mean?” Rina asked patiently.

“Well I’ve noticed that she has come late to work a lot lately, if not missing it entirely. And whenever she does show up she looks like… well… what I imagine she looked like to you yesterday.” Airi admitted. Rina frowned.

“Well… that’s not good…” she said quietly.

“Indeed it’s not.” Airi said sadly whilst shaking her head, “And she won’t talk about it to me… so I don’t know if there is anything I can do. I think our manager has noticed as well, because he keeps giving her a bottle of water in the morning when she finally shows up, and I’m afraid it’s going to get her fired.” Kawaei nodded.

“Sounds really complicated…” She muttered. It was quiet for a little while. “Uhm… Airi?” she finally added.

“Yes?”

“I… I don’t want to add salt to the wound but… ehm…” she looked like she struggled with finding proper wording “Well… you… you might want to check Okai-san’s arm next time you see her.”

“Her… arm?”

“Yeah,” Kawaei continued “Yeah… I might be wrong so I don’t want to say anything… but… I definitely think you need to look at her arms.”

“Oh…kay…?” Airi tilted her head and looked at Rina, trying to figure out what she meant “Okay.. I’ll… look at her arms.” Rina nodded to herself, avoiding eye-contact.

“So,” She exclaimed “Onto happier things… this Riho, who is she?”

“Oh, she’s a Morning Musume member.” Airi explained “Their ace, actually. She’s quite incredible. I never really knew her, but I’ve gotten to know her recently and… she is incredible! She is so strong and smart and clever and honestly in-“

“-Credible?” Rina finished with a smirk. Airi felt a slight blush.

“Yeah,” she confirmed “Incredible.”

“You know, your eyes light up when you mention her.” Rina’s smirk grew larger, “She must really be incredible, huh?”

“Shut up!” Airi defended herself with a laugh “You’d be in awe too if you met her!”

“I’m sure I would,” Rina grinned teasingly “Probably not quite as much as you, though.”

“Pffft” Airi exclaimed, lacking anything else to say. She could feel the heat in her cheeks.

“Look at you, you’re redder than the strawberries on your waffle, which, btw, you are eating incredibly slowly… are they not good?”

“Oh, they’re absolutely delicious!” Airi reassured her “Sorry, I guess I’m still a little shaken from the nightmare…”

“Or, you know… you’re newfound feelings of LOve~ are keeping you from eating.” Rina teased happily.

“Shut uuuup.” Airi laughed “I’m not in love with her, I am just… fascinated.”

“Mhm, right and I am ‘fascinated’ by Maeda Atsuko, it’s not lingering feelings of passionate love at aaall!”

“Maeda Atsuko, huh? I didn’t know that.” Airi smirked.

“Well come on, who in this wide world isn’t a little bit in love with Maeda Atsuko?” Rina defended herself. Airi laughed.

“Good point, well made!”

After they had finished the exceptionally delicious waffles, Airi started doing the dishes and Rina started opening her mail. Airi observed her reading on the couch through the open kitchen.

“Got anything interesting today?” she asked.

“A lot of fans showing me support and wishing me well!” Rina answered with a beaming smile “I love being an idol, there is so much love in it!” Airi smiled and continued washing a plate with stubborn chocolate sauce on it.

“I’m glad,” she said “I always get really happy when I get fan mail too. Does your manager sort out the creepy letters from the good ones as well? Ours usually does, but sometimes a creepy one slips through and I have to read about how many times this one dude has masturbated to a picture of me, and it’s really quite nasty, don’t you think?” She was met with silence. She looked up from the plate and saw Kawaei staring intensely at a letter in her hand. “Rina… are you ok?”

“It.. it’s from him…” the younger idol whispered.

“What?” Airi immediately let go of the plate and ran over to the couch “Are you serious?” Rina didn’t answer. She just handed Airi the letter and stared into thin air. Airi squeezed her tightly and kissed her on the top of her head. Then she started reading:

“Hello Kawaei Rina-Chan.

It’s me. I saw you on TV. Don’t be afraid of me. I just want us to be together. Don’t be scared. I just love you. You’re not at your old apartment anymore. I know you’ve moved. I miss you. I am going to find you. We will be together. Don’t be afraid of me. I just want you to love me. Don’t worry. I will keep looking for you until we are finally together.

I love you.”

Airi didn’t hesitate to rip the paper into pieces and hug Rina even tighter. The latter hadn’t moved, talked or made a sound since she had given Airi the letter. She wasn’t hugging back either. Airi could feel her body shaking.

“Rina? Rina, it’s ok. He doesn’t know. He doesn’t know you’re here, it’s ok.” She tried to reassure her. But there was no reaction. “Rina, you’re safe, ok? I’ll keep you safe. Your manager will keep you safe. We are not going to let anyone hurt you.” She kissed her forehead reassuringly and lightly stroked her back. Rina still hadn’t moved, and Airi started to fear that she wasn’t breathing. “Breathe, sweetie.” She whispered, “Breathe. It’s going to be ok.” Rina hid her face in Airi’s shoulder, and Airi gently rocked her back and forth. ‘I swear to God,’ she thought ‘I swear to God, if that asshole ever hurts her, I am going to hunt him down and kill him.’ She looked at the ripped pieces of paper on the floor ‘I am going to burn the fucker.’

AFTER CHAPTER DISCLAIMER: 

There is a line in my writing have decided I am not going to cross: I am not going to blend real life events into it as that would make it too real, and that is not what I am going for. I am uncomfortable by just the thought. It would go against my plan to have this story be as unassociated to the actual girls as possible. So if anyone is worrying about something very specific happening, I can promise you that it is not going to.

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#48 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

Chapter 38 

Chisato woke up on the floor next to Mai’s bed with a million thoughts flying through her head. She was feeling so many things at once, and had no idea how to settle on one specific. She had kissed Mai… actually kissed her! It was wonderful… magical… more so than she had ever expected it to be. It was passionate and beautiful, her heart fluttered just thinking about it. The moment she had kissed her, she had felt Mai be a little surprised at first. But she quickly eased into it and the two of them had flown high up in the air with violin music and fireworks in the background. Mai’s lips were soft, warm and gentle, and Chissa’s heart stopped for a moment when Mai’s hands had moved up into her hair. For a second, she was afraid it would never start again. She blushed as she recalled her hands curiously exploring Mai’s body, having one hand on the side of her cheek, and one stroking her thigh. Unlike her kiss with Nakky, Chisato had been the one to move over Mai, and felt a rush in knowing that this was actually happening like she had imagined it. Mai had let out small, incredibly arousing moans and even now Chisato blushed just thinking about them. It had been long and had ended naturally. Chisato was in seventh heaven, enjoying every second of it until the end. When she had pulled away, she had expected Mai to say something. But she hadn’t. Her face was blue and her breath accelerated. She had refused to look at Chisato who was desperately trying to figure out what she had done wrong.

“Mai? Mai what did I do? Mai I’m so sorry, what did I do?” she had exclaimed. Mai shook her head but couldn’t seem to form a proper answer.

“I-I-I’m- s-s-ss-so-sorr-sorreh” she gasped. Chisatos arm started burning and she had immediately grabbed it around where her wound was. She felt an urge to scratch her skin off and reopen it. She felt it getting wet around it and her sleeve getting sticky.

“Mai what did I do?” She had cried “Please tell me what I did, I’m so sorry.” Mai closed her eyes and held her breath. Then, with all of her power, she screamed:
“RI-HO!” Chisato had been confused. Riho? Why Riho? What? Was she in a relationship with Riho and had cheated on her with Chisato and now felt guilty about it? Had Chissa forced her into doing something she didn’t want to do? She started scratching obsessively next to her wound over her clothes. Much to her surprise, the door had flown open.

“Riho?” She exclaimed in surprise. The young ace looked at Mai, then looked to Chisato.

“What did you do to her?” She had bit angrily at a terrified Chisato who had no idea how to answer.

“I- I don’t know…” she cried truthfully in answer. Riho had ignored her, sat down next to Mai and grabbed her hand. Chisato had blacked out for the next couple of minutes, furiously fumbling to find something to do with her hands to relieve the stress she was feeling. She once again settled for scratching her arms over her shirt. She fell down onto the chair she had previously been sitting on and tried to focus on what was happening in front of her.

“What’s going on?” she had asked Riho “What’s happening to her?” Riho ignored her and focused on getting Mai to look her in the eyes. Chisato saw as she grabbed both her hands and whispered things to her that Chissa couldn’t hear. She had hated herself for feeling a spark of jealousy, and had scratched a little harder. It had felt like forever before Riho had calmed Mai down, and the latter lay down and closed her eyes. Riho turned to Chissa and whispered:
“Don’t ask her what happened yet. Let her rest.” And had walked towards the door.

“Wait,” Chisato had said “What did I do to her?” Riho gave her a sad smile.

“She told me it wasn’t you, I promise. Just let her sleep. I’ll go down and tell the girls to leave, but I’ll be downstairs on the couch if you need me.”

“You- you’re staying here?” Chissa had asked. Riho nodded.

“My mom has a date over and told me to stay somewhere else.” She had said quickly and left. Chisato had moved over next to Mai and grabbed her hand. She kissed it and watched Mai silently. Her eyes were closed and she looked tired and peaceful. Her panda-black eyes looked worse in the darkening light of the sun going down. She looked so small, so pale and so fragile and Chisato had never felt guiltier in her life. Mai had been in love with her all this time, but Chissa had been a coward and taken back her confession. And then Mai had understood it to be a sick prank. She had squeezed the sleeping girl’s hand. Who would have done a nasty prank like that? It was no wonder Mai had hated her so much. Everything was putting itself together in Chissa’s head. Mai hadn’t been disgusted, she had been heartbroken. She hadn’t blocked her because she hated her, she did it because she felt so hurt. Chissa felt guilty. This – all of this- was her fault and it was too late to do anything about it. She had tried to scratch her arm again, but felt that it was unusually painful. Moving up her sleeve, she saw that her arm was completely covered in blood. Panicked, she immediately pulled her sleeve back down and chose to pretend it had never happened. She had watched Mai again, stroking her hair and kissing her gently on the cheek. She wanted to tell her that she loved her again, but felt it was a little inappropriate. Instead, she continued watching her breathing until she grew drowsy and dozed off.

She remembered being briefly awakened, still sitting and leaning against Mai’s bed with her head on the mattress. She had chosen to properly fall asleep on the conveniently placed mattress next to the bed, and lay down as discretely as she could. She also remembered Mai’s hand reaching out for hers, and her sweet little voice whispering:
“Chissa… I love you.” The recollection of those three words made Chissa’s heart jump. But every time she felt pleased, happy and at ease, the reminder of what had happened after the kiss hit her like a brick and she felt guilty and hopeless. Plus her arm was burning three times as much as it was before, and she hadn’t dared to check what it looked like. Stressed, she turned to the side and reached for her phone. What time was it? The light on the screen burned her eyes and she wondered for a split second if she was ever going to see again. It was 7:45 am. She wondered if she had slept at all.

“Chisato?” sounded a drowsy voice from the bed “You’re awake as well?”

“Good morning Mai, sleep well?” Chisato asked, for some reason immediately hiding her phone, thinking the light had woken her friend.

“Sleep might be an exaggeration.” Mai mumbled, “I’ve been counting the dots on the roof.”

“Oh yeah?” Chisato asked, grasping on to any conversation she could before they had to get serious.

“Yeah… there are 43” Said Mai “Same as yesterday, same as the day before.”

“That sounds… exciting.”

“Yeah… it’s really not… but you kinda run out of things to do, ya know?”

“Why don’t you look at your phone and such?” Chissa suggested and turned to look at Mai for the first time that morning. The latter sat up, hugged her knees and smiled sadly at the older.

“My doctor told me looking at a screen only prevents you from sleeping.” She murmured “So basically… if I spend my time awake being a little less bored… well… I’m going to sleep even less.”

“That sounds… boring…” Chissa was running out of things to say.

“Yeah… it’s not great…” It was silent for a little. Chissa felt that she was focusing way too much on how long she could stare at Mai without it being creepy. After a little while, Mai let out what sounded like an exhausted laugh.

“I’m sorry..” she said “This is not how I imagined… this… happening…”

“Me neither…” Chisato admitted “But… I have to admit… nothing has made me more thrilled than having it happen.” Mai smiled without looking at her friend.

“Me too.” She whispered “I’m sorry… for…”

“Don’t apologize.” Chisato stopped her “There’s nothing to apologize for.” She felt angry at herself for not really feeling like that was true. Hearing Mai apologizing felt a little good, even though she knew that it was all a misunderstanding. But she couldn’t say that. She would never pretend Mai had done anything wrong ever. She was too afraid of losing whatever this was – even if it meant for Chissa to feel she was completely to blame for the entire thing. Mai didn’t say anything.

“Hey Mai?” Chissa tried. She wanted to ask what had happened. She was too curious not to ask. But Riho had told her to wait… how long was she supposed to wait though? When would she be able to kiss her again?

“I don’t know what happened.” Mai answered blankly. Chisato paused. Had she actually asked?

“Ehm…” She muttered defensively.

“Sorry, I knew that’s what you were thinking.” Mai continued, “I don’t know what happened. I wish I did, but I can’t understand it myself…”

“Ok…” Chisato said disappointed. That cleared up nothing.

“It’s not your fault though.” Mai reassured her “You didn’t do anything wrong.” Chisato breathed out as though she had held her breath since last night.

“Good” She said relieved “Good, I would hate having done that to you.”

“I know…” Mai whispered distantly.

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#49 Refrigita

Refrigita

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

Many thanks to the author for this fascinating story, the plot of this fan fiction is so addictive :respect: :respect: :respect:

Im looking forward to a new chapter, hope you will write a new one someday.. ^-^

#50 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:14 AM

That is so so so nice of you thank you!! I'm so glad you like it ! :)
I'm sorry there haven't been any updates, I've been very busy and mostly not very inspired. But recently I've been writing more so maybe soon :)
Thank you again, you've made my day ♡♡

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#51 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

I just stumbled on this fanfiction a few hours ago and I read it all. It's a really good story and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

#52 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

Wow thank you so much!! I am so happy that people are actually reading something i wrote haha
I'll post soon, i have something ready i just need edit it... I have been so busy!!

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#53 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:22 PM

Chapter 39

She looked down at her older, tired-looking friend, and tried so hard to figure out what had happened. Chisato had kissed her, and it was wonderful… why wasn’t she happy? This entire time she had thought that all she needed was this… so why didn’t she feel healed? How was she supposed to explain it to her friend? How was she supposed to explain that just before she kissed her, Mai had realised that she didn’t feel like they knew each other anymore? How could she explain that for some reason, she didn’t feel… anything… for her friend right now?

“Mai… are you ok?” her hopeful friend asked.

“Yeah” Mai said with a weak smile.

“Mai…” Chisato lowered her voice, “Is… is this going to happen?” Mai held her breath.

“I don’t know…” she breathed out, “I… I don’t know.”

“Oh…” Chissa looked away and Mai saw a hint of hurt in her expression. She felt terrible. It was quiet for what felt like forever. None of them knew how to take it from this. Mai felt guilty as hell. She should have never confessed. She should have never put Chissa in this awkward position. How could she have told her best friend she was in love with her, and then tell her it might not happen between them? At this point, it felt like it was Mai playing a prank on Chisato.

“Chissa-“

“Why not?” they both stopped talking. They had started at the exact same time, and none knew how to move forward.

“Sorry,” Mai broke the silence, “What were you saying?”

“It’s just…” Chissa looked as though she was fighting to find the right words, “Why… not? I’m sorry, I know this sounds desperate and I want anything but being pushy and make you feel forced to say anything you don’t want to say, but I’ve been waiting so long and I love you so much and I just want to know… why…” Her voice broke a little at the last word, but Mai could tell she was fighting not to give in.

“Chissa…” Mai tried, but she couldn’t find the right words.

“No, you know what? It’s ok. It’s fine. You don’t need to tell me, I get it.”

“Chissa…” Mai tried again, but Chissa was standing up now.

“It was too good to be true. I’m sorry for pushing you, I’m sorry. Let’s forget the whole thing, ok?” she was almost out of the door when Mai stood up and grabbed her hand.

“CHISSA!” the older stopped but didn’t look back. “Chissa please stay and talk to me.”

“I…” Chissa muttered as though she was choking on air “…ok.” Mai waited for her to turn back and face her, but she didn’t. So she continued her thought to her back.

“Chissa I do love you… and I wanted this as much as you, believe me… I really do… I just… I don’t know… we’ve barely spoken for over a month… when I’m with you I have no idea what to say anymore… it used to be so easy and I loved you so much… I… I miss that… I don’t feel we have that anymore…” Mai was still holding Chissa’s hand. She was looking down at it, noticing that Chisato’s sleeve looked unusually dry. Her hand was soft and warm.

“I get that.” Chisato breathed out “It doesn’t feel like ‘us’, does it?” Mai was relieved she seemed to understand.

“Exactly…”

“Yeah… so… what do you suggest we do?” Chissa finally turned around, and Mai could see her eyes were a little red.

“I don’t know.” She said honestly “I don’t know at all.. at this point, I feel like I am more in love with the idea of you than you…” Mai regretted the words just as they left her mouth.

“Wow.” Said Chissa, “Great.”

“No, that’s not what I –“

“You know what, Mai? Whatever. I’m done. I’m out. At least I have closure now.” She was walking away and Mai desperately followed her down the stairs to the entrance hall-way.

“Chissa please I’m sorry I wanna talk to you, I just want to get to know you better again.”

“Well why don’t you get to know the image of me?” Chisato spat at her. Mai stopped.

“Chissa that’s not fair, it was bad phrasing, I didn’t mean it-“

“No stop, you know what the worst part is? You meant it, and you know it. You just wanted to say it in a way that hurt less. I like it better this way, doesn’t leave me hanging – waiting for something that’s never going to happen.”

“I didn’t say never, I just said maybe not now…”

“Well I need it now, ok?” Chissa cried, “I need it now because I am so hopelessly in love with you that it hurts every fibre of my body. I can’t wait, ok? If we don’t do this now, I need to know, so that I can move on.I can’t wait and see if I might get you one day, because I know I will wait forever.” Her voice was steady and her eyes were staring right into Mai’s, who felt a hell of a lot less certain than Chisato sounded.

“It’s too much… too soon…” she whispered.

“Well then I guess it’s just not going to be us.” Chissa concluded. Mai was struggling to construct a sentence.

“But… I love you…”

“No.” Chisato was standing in the door now, “No, you love the idea of me.”

“Chissa-“

“Bye Mai. Get better. I’ll talk to you later.” And with those words she was out the door and smacked it behind her. Mai felt her body fall up against the wall and slide down it into seated position. She covered her face with her hands and breathed out. Her heart was pounding, and with every beat she felt another piece break off. She had made a huge mistake. She just wanted to get to know Chisato better. She didn’t want this. Was Chissa right? Was she not actually in love with her anymore? Then what was it she was feeling? What was it? How was she supposed to figure it out if Chisato wasn’t there with her? Why was this so hard to figure out?

“UUUUUUUURGHHHHHHHHHHH” she screamed in frustration.

“Mai?” sounded a voice next to her. She looked up and saw Riho standing in the doorway to the living room “You ok?”

“No…” Mai whispered. Riho sat down next to her.

“I heard some of it,” She said carefully “Sounded… complicated.”

“Yeah… yeah it is…”

“What happened?”

“I… told her how I felt… in a stupid way… and now I’ve screwed myself over.” Mai admitted exhaustedly.

“And how do you feel?” Riho asked gently.

“I don’t know…” Mai uttered “I want to love her so badly…”

“But you don’t?”

“I don’t know… I… I think I do… I mean whenever I think of her, my heart explodes… but…”

“But?” Riho patiently waited.

“But when I’m with her… it’s just so awkward… it’s so distant… it’s not at all the Chisato I know and love from… less than three months ago.”

“A lot has happened, huh?” Riho confirmed.

“Yeah, yeah, and with everything… this stupid burn-out… everything… I just hoped it would all sort itself out if she loved me back… it was stupid, but I imagined that it would magically heal everything…”

“You were underwhelmed?”

“A little, yeah…” Mai admitted, “Not a feeling I was hoping for when she kissed me.”

“Understandable..” said Riho “But maybe you guys should just start slow… you know… go on a couple of dates?”

“Dates? Isn’t that to get to know someone? I’ve known Chisato since I was 6…”

“Well, didn’t you just tell me you felt you didn’t know each other anymore?” Riho asked “Maybe that’s a good place to start?”

“Sounds a little silly…” Mai said out loud.

“Well… this is a little sillier,” Riho stated, “You guys should obviously be together..”

“She has such high expectations…” Mai said “What if I don’t live up to them?”

“There is absolutely nothing you can do wrong there.” Riho put her arm around Mai and smiled, “You are brilliant, and whatever she expects beyond you is her problem.”

“You’re sweet, Riho.” Mai smiled at the young ace “I don’t know… I just wish-“

She was interrupted by a slight knock on the front door that was followed by a quiet:
“Mai?”

“Chissa?” Mai got up from the floor and carefully walked towards the door. She opened it, finding her older friend teary eyed in front of her.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered hoarsely, “I… overreacted…” Mai was dumbfounded.

“Chissa, I…”

“If you want to take it slow, we can…” She wasn’t making eye-contact and looked smaller than ever, “I… I just want to be with you… I don’t care how…” Mai blinked three times to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating.

“Uhm…” she found herself stupidly exclaiming, having no idea how to feel. Chisato was rubbing her arm aggressively, in a way that made Mai want to grab both her hands and make her stop “Chissa… I…” she was at a loss for words. It was quiet for a long time.

“Mai?” Sounded Riho’s voice from behind her “Mai, I don’t mean to intrude but… it’s raining… and it’s a little cold…” Mai snapped out of it and realised that Chissa was soaking wet and trembling.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry, come in!” she hurried to say and stepped aside to let her friend enter.

“Hi again, Riho…” Chisato said shyly, obviously only just realising she was there. Riho sent her a quick smile and slight bow. She was standing up against the wall as though she was part of it.

“Would anyone like tea?” Mai asked awkwardly. There was no immediate answer. Chisato was staring at her feet and Riho was by all accounts trying to make herself invisible. Mai had no idea how to bring things forward. “Ok guys, we can’t just stand here. Chisato, go take a hot shower and borrow some clothes, I’ll find some for you while you are getting warm. Riho, I’ll make the two of us some tea. Have any of us even had breakfast?” They both shook their heads “Right, well let’s get this show on the road. Go take a shower, Chissa…Go go go!” Chissa pulled herself to the bathroom and Mai and Riho went to the kitchen.

“Does… Okai-san have a towel?” Riho asked as Mai was aggressively pouring water on the kettle. She stopped.

“No.. No she does not… I should get her one.” She muttered staring at the wall. Her head was empty. She had no idea what the situation was, how she should handle it or-

“Ehh, Mai… I think there’s enough water in that.” Mai looked down and saw her hands covered in water as it poured out of the sides of the kettle. She stared at it, imagining her brain overflowing in the same way. “Mai?” Riho’s hand appeared in her sight and turned off the water “Mai, what’s going through your head?” Mai didn’t answer “Where are the towels? I’ll get one for Okai-san.” Riho whispered. Mai gestured towards the hallway but didn’t say anything “Ok… I… I guess I’ll find them…” 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#54 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the update, I enjoyed the chapter!

#55 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1598 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:30 PM

I'm glad you liked it :) hopefully i'll be a bit more regular from now on

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users