• Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#401 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:21 AM

^^Maa-chan was 12. A couple years does make a difference when they're that young. Duu was 11, but a month from turning 12. I think 10 is just too young unless the girl is very mature, which I don't think Yuliya seems to be showing that she is.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#402 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:29 AM

The Kids would have been around Yuriya's age when they auditioned, right? They would be a better comparison.

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#403 shii5

shii5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:07 AM

If I recall, Maa-chan didn't know the lyrics or the dance at the training camp. She was scolded by the teachers ... but for the final stage, she showed a vast improvement. I think it's a bit too early to make any final decision on someone's work ethics (Yuriya) from what we have seen. 

#404 Potassium Bicarbonate

Potassium Bicarbonate

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

I sure didn't see enough to determine that she's lazy. Simpler explanation is that she's just a nervous little kid with zero performance training and the lowest skill level possible. A couple of years in KSS and she'd most likely be fine.

#405 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

Also remember that this is all being recorded to show a narrative the company wants to give to certain girls. Yuriya could very well be just as we see her, but they could also just be showing her every time she messes up (while showing other girls every time they do something right), only to show her "amazing improvement" during the final round. We don't know yet, so let's not take everything at face value lol. 

But what we can see of her, I don't think she "doesn't have work ethic". At 10 years old what can you expect. Heck if I was the one being judged like that at 10 yrs old, I would just cry in a corner and call my mom to take me home (and pick up some mcdonalds on the way looool). Her being there and continuing the process despite everything shows how much she wants to be there and be an idol. That's a good enough reason to put her through to the next stage. Most of the girls currently in H!P were shit at the time of kss/debut but they have all improved a lot, so i'm honestly not understanding the judgement here on Yuriya right now. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#406 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

Isn't the introduction thing about respect rather than about "being an idol"? From what I gather, respect and submission to teachers is a much bigger thing in Japan than it is in the West. If she introduced herself to the camera, that means she is coming off as being in "idol mode" rather than "learning mode". I can see why that would come off pretty badly, make the teacher angry, and lead everyone to judge her character despite her being only 10yo. Don't schoolchildren bow to their teachers every day even at this age? And what if it really does reflect on her character? That would explain why she gets humiliated. The narrative here might be "H!P is not a place for entitled girls, only hardworkers are allowed, look what we do to the girls who come in like they're tourists". Which may or may not be fair to the real child that is Yuriya, but in terms of narrative, it is very consistent.

#407 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:13 AM

I'm interested in what will happen with the more skilled members mainly Gotou and Hashimoto because unless either have moved recently it would be hard for them to actually join the KSS. Gotou is pretty much in the same situation as Kamiko was, but she has that suspiciously timed graduation (which could be a terrible spoiler). For both of them I see it as a potential full debut or bust situation, everyone else is local to areas with regular training sessions so it shouldn't be an issue.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#408 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

^^ maybe that's the case, but the teacher is teaching them to be idols so it seems an overreaction to scold her for something like that. I feel like they get the teacher to be unnecessarily mean on purpose so the viewers want to support the girls more.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#409 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

For anyone haven't watched, here are the episodes

Episode 2 on Dailymotion

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x6a2vnk

Episodes 2 and 3 on Nicovideo

http://www.nicovideo...atch/sm32300086

Alternative Dailymotion links

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x6a3lwr

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x6a3lws

#410 aainaa

aainaa

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

just finish watching episode 2 & 3..

Oh my Yuriya.. made me want to support her more.. she's so clueless.. I hope she'll improve more during the last screening..

& I notice that all the sensei tend to be more strict during auditions.. I guess because they wanted to give these girls a taste of how a pro worked &  see how these girls will handle it..

I remember when Maachan was also scolded severely during her audition & so glad she got through the audition & now she's my number 1  ^-^ 

I hope they all passed.. but if not, my picks will be:

Goto Sayaka - she's already a pro & looks like an ace to me.. I feel like she'll fit in a group like MM.. & maybe take Riho's position in dancing :ph34r:

Hashimoto Momoko - she has the center aura..  maybe the new group will be good for her.. even though, i kinda want her in MM.. hahaha

Kodama Mai - surprisingly she is actually good in singing & dancing.. she seems like a hard worker.. I know that she aim to be in MM, but I want her in the new group..

Shutto Anna - the girl is so good at talking.. H!P need more members that are good at talking. I want her in the new group..

& lastly of course Yuriya :lol:.. she remind me so much of Maimai.. at least add her to KSS!! Gambate!!

#411 Haro!_Utahime

Haro!_Utahime

5th gen member

• Validating
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

Wish they win :

Hashimoto Momoko (Kobushi)
Kanemitsu Ruru (Angerme)
Goto Sayaka (Morning Musume)
Shutto Anna (Reina's group)
Tamenaga Shion (Reina's group)

Kodama Mai (Reina's group)
--------------------------------
Kobuta Nanami (KSS)
Matsubara Yuriya (KSS)

Episode 4 and 5 on 11/27 with a new talk panel.
https://abema.tv/cha... ... ZDKudLNgCF

#412 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

I don't know how anyone can tell what someone's work-ethic from just those clips, she messed up at pretty every stage but it's far more that she doesn't understand. Someone with no work-ethic would've just gone home. XD

Actually .. I agree .. from the first day clip .. obviously we can't tell about work-ethic ..
But from the day 2 onward .. we would be able to tell work-ethic .. so I hope they show that on the next episode ..
I don't look at much auditions ..
But I remembered a certain girl who was really bad on day 1 and was kind of destroyed by the teacher ..
She went back and work at it through the night and showed obvious improvement the next day ..
Now .. that is where you can see work-ethic .. :)
But that girl didn't make H!P .. she made HKT48 XD

For some reason, Yuriya gives off the feeling that she got psychomotor problem ..
But I do not think she would have gone pass so many rounds without being detected ..especially there seem to be dancing at every round ..
I think she got traumatized at the beginning and from that on ..she just totally lose it and was totally out of it ..
I am neutral about the harsh and scolding ways .. but I am kind of sick of it as they always do that and show it almost all the time ..
Come on .. if Yuriya can't take it .. KSS ain't the way too because they also shown harsher and worse scolding video for KSS .. so KSS is going to be worse ..
But I can say that Yuriya did't give the teacher a good impression as you can tell right away she was not ready or prepared for the lesson .. look at her dressing and the rest for the training .. It just gives off the impression that she is not there to learn but to have fun..
I hope she would improve and overcome it :)

The rest just look too good and pro .. I think all of them have a chance ...
Its pretty good considering its day 1 .. :)

I think there is also a chance to see if any of the other girls demonstrate their character and confidence by helping Yuriya ..
You got to realize this is a competition .. helping you opponent may cause you to lose ..
But I would go for those who are show helpfulness, kindness and strength in character :)

#413 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

Wish they win :

Hashimoto Momoko (Kobushi)
Kanemitsu Ruru (Angerme)
Goto Sayaka (Morning Musume)
Shutto Anna (Reina's group)
Tamenaga Shion (Reina's group)

Kodama Mai (Reina's group)
--------------------------------
Kobuta Nanami (KSS)
Matsubara Yuriya (KSS)

Episode 4 and 5 on 11/27 with a new talk panel.
https://abema.tv/cha... ... ZDKudLNgCF

MM and Angerme getting new members immediately would be insane.

#414 Haro!_Utahime

Haro!_Utahime

5th gen member

• Validating
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

1 more member no more ;)

Kudo is graduating soon and Maho I doubt she will comeback.... 

#415 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

have nothing against Goto, but I just don't know what extra element she adds to MM at the moment, so I don't see an immediate need for her there. She's quite literally a Chisaki carbon copy.

Also, let's cut the 10 year old some slack  ^-^  Don't think she's going to be the ace of MM, so she's going to the KSS for a while.

#416 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

1 more member no more ;)
Kudo is graduating soon and Maho I doubt she will comeback....

It's just that MM is already massive and three of Angerme's last four singles will have had new members in it. You don't need to replace someone every time they leave.

#417 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

Since this is an H!P anniversary it's very likely that we will see a new MM or Angerme member. As much as I think MM shouldn't add any new members, I would kind of like to Momoko added or even to JuiceJuice.
I wouldn't even be too surprised if they decide to just make a new group with all of the finalists.

#418 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

I kind of think of Chisaki as Duu's replacement member (numbers-wise) so I really don't think they should add another to MM. That said, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they did.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#419 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

I calculate 1.75 is the most likely. ;) Additions to MM probably mean more graduations in the pipeline, whilst I think there's decent skill level there's stronger still in the KSS. Most likely a couple for the new group and the outside possibility of adding to Kobushi.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#420 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

well .. I think we are all going about it the wrong way ..
It should not be estimating the needs of the groups for the number of winners ..
It should be estimating the needs of the KSS for the number of losers, to get the numbers of winners .. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users