• Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#21 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:29 AM

I do agree that it seem a H!P KSS audition ..
They seem to be trying to trying to bring back the old ways ..

Ya I agree.. the age is a give away .. as we no longer have H!P KSS that young ..
In the past .. the H!P Eggs had trainees younger than 9 years old ..
I think they also had lose out on several kids program/show/advertising/content opportunities because of that ..

I also agree that they seem to be throwing everything they had to promote the audition to get as many auditionee as possible ..
Engeki Joshibu Theater Club is probably part of the sweetener that they also had control of ..

I am not sure .. but when I started 10 years ago .. they had the 10th H!P anniversary ..
I think it was at Saitama Super Arena I think .. they had a lot of H!P Eggs as backup covering the whole area ..making the show look so grand ..
So I think they are also looking to increase their trainee numbers by a lot for the H!P 20th anniversary show I think .. :)

#22 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

lmao 

they should just make a group that has a senbatsu system like 48 groups do, and see how it works out, rather than saying "there is a chance of you being put in morning musume!!" lol

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#23 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

^ I don't like it.

What I think they should do is acknowledge their de facto new system. If you want to be in a H!P group, you have to enter KSS first. That means of course raising the interest for KSS in one way or another.

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#24 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

lmao 

they should just make a group that has a senbatsu system like 48 groups do, and see how it works out, rather than saying "there is a chance of you being put in morning musume!!" lol

E-girls tried this, of course it helped them a lot but systems like that just make really popular a few of the members while the rest is just the back up, specially if those do not have other activities aside from the group activities. Now that Dream members are gone E-girls doesn't look that powerful.

I agree with @keaine

Morning Musume'19

#25 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:21 AM

E-Girls has always suffered from the issue of having certain members who were much more popular than the rest that propped the group up. Systems like that work fine for groups that have always done it that way, because fans know what they're getting into. Everyone knows that if you're a 48 fan, the sheer numbers aren't in your girls favor. H!P would never successfully make the transition to that sort of system. They've had 20 years of fans knowing their favorite girl will always be in the single and albums.

#26 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

^Yeah but E-girls started with that system since their 3rd single, so it's practically since the beginning. So the system is a big cause of why a few of the members were more popular by far compared to the others. What I'm trying to say is that system like 48 can work fine if all the members have the chance to show themselves as individuals, so the fanbase of each one can increase. In 48 there are the individual handshakes, showroom and social media that may count as individual activities, and those can help to boost the popularity of a member if she works hard or if she's lucky enough. That's why in 48 even a member who is completely ignored by the management has the chances to grow and become into one the important faces, because she had the chance. On the other hand LDH never did activities that can boost the popularity of the least known members. I think it's important to make these activities for groups like that because when someone important leaves the management could easily include a back up member because she has build a solid fanbase for herself. So if you're going to produce a group with a system in which there are members who are the back up you need to have strong one.  So I think this and what you said about having the system since the beginning are the key to make the system to go well. 

Of course UFA is not interested in doing such activities like the ones I mentioned for reasons mentioned in many topics prevously. And as you said, such a change to that system couldn't be successful at all because that's not what H!P is about for their fans. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BTW.

Morning Musume'19

#27 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:43 AM

^
^ well E-girls just had a big shuffle too ..
but whether it will work remains to be seen as their single will be out in one and half weeks time ..
For me .. it doesn't matter because I am can't even name a single member ..
I am just in it with them for beautiful ladies, fine dancing and nice music .. :D

lmao 

LOL ..maybe like the 48G draft 2 where you got trainees attached to teams ..
They can have trainees attached to groups .. and finally getting promoted into the groups if they can prove themselves :D

#28 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

All they have to do is compel some current members to participate in the audition and H!P will be copying WACK's exact 2017 idol model.
DDOhydd.gif

#29 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:06 AM

Tbf, this is more honest than having a MM 20th Anniversary addition where there are no winners again and everyone gets added to KSS.

I highly doubt MM, Angerme and J=J get any new members from this, so soon after transfers. KF is the most likely if they find someone new and they want to replace Rio and want some insurance for Rena.

#30 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

^Yeah but E-girls started with that system since their 3rd single, so it's practically since the beginning. So the system is a big cause of why a few of the members were more popular by far compared to the others. What I'm trying to say is that system like 48 can work fine if all the members have the chance to show themselves as individuals, so the fanbase of each one can increase. In 48 there are the individual handshakes, showroom and social media that may count as individual activities, and those can help to boost the popularity of a member if she works hard or if she's lucky enough. That's why in 48 even a member who is completely ignored by the management has the chances to grow and become into one the important faces, because she had the chance. On the other hand LDH never did activities that can boost the popularity of the least known members. I think it's important to make these activities for groups like that because when someone important leaves the management could easily include a back up member because she has build a solid fanbase for herself. So if you're going to produce a group with a system in which there are members who are the back up you need to have strong one.  So I think this and what you said about having the system since the beginning are the key to make the system to go well. 

Of course UFA is not interested in doing such activities like the ones I mentioned for reasons mentioned in many topics prevously. And as you said, such a change to that system couldn't be successful at all because that's not what H!P is about for their fans. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BTW.

And how many girls have actually become stars from Showroom? Social media is not a substitute for actual activities, no girl is ever going to stick around in a group that's not doing anything for her because she gets to talk to some guys through a screen or keep a twitter account. Pass. I'll take the current setup any day. 

#31 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

And how many girls have actually become stars from Showroom? Social media is not a substitute for actual activities, no girl is ever going to stick around in a group that's not doing anything for her because she gets to talk to some guys through a screen or keep a twitter account. Pass. I'll take the current setup any day. 

Yoshida Akari is one of them, not by showroom but by social media. I don't say that it's a substitute for group's activities and performances but it's a way to boost the popularity of a member, specially if she's never been in a MV or TV performance. The wotas want an idol to be close with, and if these activities (individual handshakes, showroom, social media, etc.) satisfy the wotas' need of closeness, then it's done, those wotas will support the idol and she will have and increase in her fanbase and the management will notice her so she will have more exposure.

Morning Musume'19

#32 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

lmao 

God, no.

#33 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

I didn't say this before but there's always the unrealistic hope of them maybe having plans for a Riho group and wanting to find girls for that...one can hope.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#34 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

^ That would be an interesting development. Part of me thinks someone might end up in Ichioka's group, but that would mean the timeline for that group to be complete would run pretty long.

I wonder why they included Country Girls though with all that's been going on, might as well be like the crap decision (on top of putting them in Engeki too)...

The news announcement on the Hello! Project website actually leaves Country Girls out entirely when talking about possible placements for the winners. I doubt all the groups are really in the running anyway, I expect it's just more appealing for applicants to see all the main groups listed.

Morning Musume '17 / ANGERME / Juice=Juice / Kobushi Factory / Tsubaki Factory / New Group / Engeki Joshibu
モーニング娘。'17 / アンジュルム / Juice=Juice / こぶしファクトリー / つばきファクトリー / 新グループ / 演劇女子部の新メンバーになれるかも!?
http://www.helloproject.com/news/7362/

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#35 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

I didn't say this before but there's always the unrealistic hope of them maybe having plans for a Riho group and wanting to find girls for that...one can hope.

I could totally see a dance oriented group led by Riho (and Manaka if her asthma is more under control since she's still under UFP) with four other girls around her age.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#36 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

I think this new audition is just making ways to inject fresh blood. I think in a one yeaar or two, you will see more older girls graduating (like Ayaka, Honey etc). And some may even want to change their route ala Kudo/Rio etc once they have a taste of being a proper idol. And I am pretty sure management is trying to make Country Girls fizzles out on its own so they can create another new group.

#37 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

They're just leaving their options open. Probably most of the winners will join kss, but if there is a standout who'd fit well with an established group they could put her in. Plus listing all the groups makes the audition more appealing.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#38 puffypancake

puffypancake

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1595 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

^

This is how I see it too.  Now you don't have to hope that some girl who auditioned for group A and is a great fit for group B takes you up on the offer to join KSS so that when auditions for group B roll around you can add her to the group she fits best.

I see them taking the bulk for KSS to replace whoever ends up in Ichioka's new group and maybe a few newbies in the new group as well.  Other than that, maybe 1 or 2 girls will make it into an already established group but they would have to have something really strong and appealing about them to join right away.

gabby2014_zps75e0ccfd.jpg

#39 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Given the amount of anticipation caused by having 6 known debuts floating around last month, the way they handle the results of this could be similar.  It wouldn't surprise me if, in addition to the KSS adds, they take a number of those who pass and pull another "these girls will debut in H!P groups, find out where in a special edition of Harosute!"

#40 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

I don't say that it's a substitute for group's activities and performances but it's a way to boost the popularity of a member, specially if she's never been in a MV or TV performance. The wotas want an idol to be close with, and if these activities (individual handshakes, showroom, social media, etc.) satisfy the wotas' need of closeness, then it's done, those wotas will support the idol and she will have and increase in her fanbase and the management will notice her so she will have more exposure.

H!P girls are way too limited with their social media... I understand that management is afraid they post something inappropiate, and get the whole H!P into scandal, but I seriously doubt they can't be taught how to not post stupid stuff (like that incident with Reina, Sayu and Eri making fun of koreans). SNS is so important nowadays, there are groups out there who got popular because of it.

About this audition... I wonder if they end up adding Hokkaido KSS too. They feel so much like a formed group, they need to add members to remind us, that they are trainees. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users