Photo

[9/23 - 12/11] Morning Musume Tanjou 20 Shuunen Kinen Concert Tour 2017 Aki ~We are MORNING MUSUME~

Morning Musume

• Please log in to reply
793 replies to this topic

#61 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:31 AM

More so than venues for a big special concert with OGs and Kudou's big day I'm curious as to what they'll do with the set-lists. Would they do a set-list tailored to OGs for shows featuring OGs and have a separate set list for shows featuring only the current girls with some section dedicated to Kudou heavy songs swapped into it for her big day and what would end up on the DVD and Blu-ray in the long run? Furthermore would we get any concert streams out of this tour and for which dates? There's just so many questions. Ideally I'd want a three disc DVD and Blu-ray release with disk one being a concert with OGs at either Saitama Super Arena or (in my dreams) Tokyo Dome (there is honestly no better time than this tour), disk two being Kudou's last concert preferably at Budokan, and disk three being backstage stuff.

#62 ajma93632

ajma93632

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 747 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

^TBH I think that even if it's announced that all the OG participate with special performances of their classic songs and all the people who used to follow MM in their Golden Era get all excited and enthusiastic, and even if it gets into the headlines in newspapers and TV so the last concert becomes the most anticipated show of the year; I think MM still wouldn't get to be performing at the Tokyo Dome. It can be just conspiracy theory but I think that there may have been some issues between UFA and Tokyo Dome's managament, and as result of those hypothetical issues Tokyo Dome doesn't want to work with MM or any other H!P act. Like when you had some issue with a classmate and you don't want to work with him again, no matter the good student he is. Anyways, let's see what will happen.

Morning Musume'19

#63 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Tokyo Dome is expensive. Multiple acts have stated that they either don't play there because of the expense of booking or that they have lost money as a result of playing there.

Also if MM couldn't perform there at their peak, they're certainly not going to be able to now, OG members included or not.
DDOhydd.gif

#64 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

^ .. true ..
But it is an investment as it will escalate the groups' status and could generate a lot more returns in the future ..
However, it is kind of an overused trick already as we see many lesser group just perform in Budokan to generate fame .. But still not many have use Tokyo Dome ..
Furthermore, there is another idol organization who basically just made it big by simply farming venue achievement rather than CD sales  ..
and we got a group of 3 ladies who reach legendary status when they did their Tokyo Dome, and they would have been gone by now if they have not done it ..  :ph34r:  :whistle:

Simply if you look at the list of girl groups that ever did Tokyo Dome ..
we will see that they are like all legendary female groups
But its again chicken or the egg ..
For some of them, they became legendary because they did Tokyo Dome, and not because they are legendary therefore they do Tokyo Dome ..  :ph34r:  :whistle:

But then again, UF ain't known to take risk and MM is technically at legendary status so I dunno how much it would help them :)

#65 TRiNuVie

TRiNuVie

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

I think Tokyo Dome is doable if they announce it as some big reunion from all the the graduates and current MM.
Nostalgia can be a big ally.

I mean, Perfume has performed there as well and their sales are on par with MM (more or less), so if they can, so can our girls.

But yeah, if it can turn into a loss, i doubt UFA (who uses kids toying with Paint for their artists' cd jackets to save money) is willing to do it.
Even AkiP said he lost money doing the first AKB concert in 2012... Although that didn't stop him from doing the 5 dome tour the following year.

Anyway, excited for this tour whatever they do lol

#66 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

^The difference is, Perfume are more popular with the general public. Their CD sales might not be amazing but most popular artists cd sales are around the same level. Perfume get asked to be on variety shows, they go on world tours, their songs always do well socially. Current era MM doesn't have that. AKB were huge at their peak and they still lost money from the TD concert, image MM, not at their peak, trying to do Tokyo Dome, it's just not realistic, even with the OG's. 

I would love to see them perform at Tokyo Dome but I would be more than happy if they work their way up by having finale's at Yokohama Arena without a graduation and going from there. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#67 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

^ ..lol .. Perfume actually only did all these after Tokyo Dome ..
Before that they can't even get to Kouhaku when MM already done 10 of it  :D
I strongly believe their first one should be a lose too .. but of course they should already made more than everything back by now ..
Anyway don't believe everything the media tell you .. basically they will always tell you its a success .. :D

And ya .. we all know UF always play it safe and hoping that they will take the lose for a bigger future reward is near impossible
Furthermore, dunno how much would it work as it is an overused trick and they are technically already at legendary status ..
But I think it would still be good for them as it would break this myth that MM are has-been and the present batch are nothing like the past ..
and it would also announce to the whole Japan that not only MM is still alive but they are back :P

Overall .. I think Saitama Super Arena will be the most doable huge arena that is possible for them to do ..
So I will hope at least for that :)
But Tokyo Dome will be great though .. lol :P

#68 XiuChen_2199

XiuChen_2199

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

SSA is a HUGE arena, I was shocked over how big it is!
But, it is doable, if it was doable for C-ute.
But, I don't think it will be at SSA though, I think, as most Yokohama Arena.
I can't wait for the announcement of the date and place though, so I can start to plan my trip :)

Posted Image

#69 jingy_kun

jingy_kun

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

I had a dream that the current members performed in SSA and can I jut say the stage and the attendace of the wotas were amazing ful pack, it was like kei chans graduation concert but even bigger....every member was there asuka, the pandas and erin! It was a good dream but idk if it can happen

#70 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

^oh my i mean eri is very unlikely, but asuka? sounds like a very very wonderful dream. 

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#71 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Pandas... maybe, since they seem to still cherish their time in MM.

Eririn: doubtful since she's never shown any inclination to come back in any form, great opportunity at Sayu's graduation concert and it didn't happen.

What about Koharu? Isn't she with another agency now? Probably might not show up either.

#72 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

Don't know if it's relevant to this tour or not, but it does have something to do with the 20th Anniversary.

Morning Musume '17 is having a special live on 9/14 and fans can vote on what song they want to see in the setlist as well as who they want to perform it out of the current members. Only one vote per e-mail.

https://reg18.smp.ne...424c61b9e8b0af8

My question is though that they have you vote for one song, but then put in a list of members (or one member) and then a song title for that unit or member to sing. I don't understand Japanese well, but could this mean that you technically get to vote for two songs? One for the full group to perform (which you select out of the given options) and then a song that you type in for your specified group/member to perform? Could any Japanese speaker try to clarify this? I want to make sure before I put in any votes haha.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#73 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

EDIT: You actually can vote for an all Morning Musume song and a unit song. You can click a song from the lists as the group song, but at the bottom of the page you can list a different song with selected members. Sorry for the wrong answer earlier.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#74 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

^ Oh, that's awesome! Thanks for the info!!

I voted for Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou Sa and a solo of Wasureranai (Furusato B-side) by Sakura. 

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#75 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:08 AM

So far I've done:
1.) Sotsugyou Ryokou ~ Morning Musume Tabidatsu ni Hito Okuru Uta~ (Group)
2.) Genki + (Group) / "Sugoku Suki na no ni... ne" (Fukumura, Ishida, Oda, Makino, Nonaka, Yokoyama).

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#76 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

The discussion about the song voting is in the MM main thread

I used 3 email addresses to vote different songs

#77 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

An extra concert performance has been added to the one taking place at Fukuoka Civic Center on October 15th and an extra concert date which will take place at Aichi Prefectural Theater in Nagoya on November 27th has been added to the concert schedule as well:

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=10759

Date - Day - Venue - Open - Start
10/15 (Sun) Fukuoka Civic Center Great Hall (Fukuoka) 16:30 17:30
11/27 (Mon) Aichi Prefectural Art Theater Great Hall (Aichi) 17:30 18:30

#78 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

^ Thanks for the info
First post updated

#79 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

Managed to get my votes in at the last minute the other day. Use an old email I only pull out on occasion, and those belonging to a bunch of family members.
Spoiler

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#80 cjamm13

cjamm13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

any idea if purchasing ticket for pacifico yokohama concert still possible on the day itself? like a family seat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users