• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

I am really happy for her. She looks amazing and adorable! 

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

#22 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

New profile image - seashore Cuca :D
201705_sakaki_miyu.jpg

Cuca is her official nickname now

Oh my gosh, she's blossoming <3. Her being an idol with ***48 still hasn't fully hit me yet haha.

I just really hope she gets the recognition and support she deserves. She's such a hard working girl and to see her make it after falling down so many times is really amazing. Cuca and Kaga Kaede are good examples of where hard work and determination gets you.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#23 umisan^

umisan^

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

I'm glad that they let her have Cuca as an official nickname. Because her YT channel was somewhat popular I think the company should use that as part of her image. I think she has a chance to become a fairly popular member.

#24 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

^ well that depends on her theater performance skills and even heavier on her handshake skills. She sold 0 handshake rounds on AKB's 48th single which is weird because I thought she has many fans who want to see her.

#25 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

I feel like we are slightly overestimating how popular she is. A lot of people were aware of her before the audition which gave her an advantage over the totally unknown girls but 1. A lot of those people don't follow akb48, so probably wouldn't be interested in attending a handshake event for her, even if they do like her.

2. She doesn't have the most... how do I say it? Instantly likable idol character. She's kind of got the personality of the aloof, serious, hard worker. I'm not sure that's what people are looking for in handshakes. 

3. All of the STU members had tough time with handshakes, even the ones with established fanbases (Cuca, the showroomers, and the ASH girls). The only girls who sold out slots were Fu (because of fans of her sister wanting to support her), Honoka (completely new girl, know next to nothing about her except she's a good singer) and Azusa (another newbie) suggesting having an already established fanbase does not help you sell handshake tickets.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#26 kurebesu

kurebesu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

creator of j-pop line distribution channel jpopheaven

#27 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

That video seems rather "cold" but maybe it's normal with these types of videos, I'm not familiar with them. Her English greeting at the end had a nice touch though. 

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#28 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, that's Cuca for you. She's a very serious girl. 

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#29 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:59 AM

You guys can watch it? The video's blocked for me, I need to get my proxy working again...

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#30 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Did I miss something or is there a special reason she streams a lot lately? Like even early in the mornings like many indie idols do. Is there some kind of event or is it purely to gain more fans?

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#31 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

The more you stream the higher visibility you get. And for a new girl in a new group there isn't a billion things to do, so streaming is a good option. 

#32 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Onishi Momoka from Team 8 was put in AKB senbatsu for the single Shoot Sign because of the attention she received from her SHOWROOM streams and her frequent streaming schedule

#33 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Off topic but I need to let some feelings out.

I love Cuca so much, I can't wait to see how she grows and evolves in STU48. With Saki Nakajima graduating I'm losing my favorite idol ever (and the first idol to hold that position) but knowing Cuca's got a great career ahead of her is making this year less sad for me and more hopeful. She's just the best, man.

#34 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:48 PM

Off topic but I need to let some feelings out.
I love Cuca so much, I can't wait to see how she grows and evolves in STU48. With Saki Nakajima graduating I'm losing my favorite idol ever (and the first idol to hold that position) but knowing Cuca's got a great career ahead of her is making this year less sad for me and more hopeful. She's just the best, man.

Funny, you and I share a lot of idol favorites (Miki, Cuca, Sayubee, Sato Hikari, Takase, Ruru, Yumeno, Ayano). If Cuca wants a successful career, all she needs to do is break out of her shell and develop more personality. Which is why streaming constantly on SHOWROOM will help her appeal as an idol and give her more experience with interacting with fans. I'm hopeful for her future, even if she never makes it to Senbatsu.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#35 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

I totally agree. A lot of people are finding her showrooms kind of boring right now ( which is you know, fair enough) but the more she does it the better she is gonna get and it's pretty much the only way she has right now to gather more fans.

#36 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Cuca kinda shot herself in the foot with never doing any fan interactions while she was pretty big on Youtube. She should've made a Youtube segment, made a SHOWROOM/Line account sooner, or maybe even doing in public meet ups or performances (I know that she's done this a few times in the past). Had she done that, she would've been a lot more prepared by the time she joined STU48. But she's still young so I really think she can go places with her personality.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#37 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

She probably expected to join H!P instead and in H!P you dont really need all that, sure it will help with your experience, but H!P idols dont get much social media exposure anyway and they are judged mostly on handshake and performance level. While in 48 those are taken in account too, their idols have a bigger space and more oportunities to interact with fans. And it could be quite a shock to suddenly have so many eyes on you since STU is the newest 48 group and people's attention will be at them for a while.

#38 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, I expect that's it. I find her awkwardness charming anyway so I mind it for the time being. She's a hard worker so I'm sure she'll improve soon enough (or find a way to make it into a selling point).

#39 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

Cuca's first TV appearance:

https://twitter.com/...124427861606400

#40 Chibishi

Chibishi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

Crazy how after many years I come back to this forum and Cucachan is actively pursuing an idol career :o
Looking forward to catching up with her progress!

Though I somehow always expected her to join Hello!Project...

VM0mgGh.png

My new graphics thread >here<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users