Photo

[EVENT] AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo Elections! (2017/06/17)

AKB48 SKE48 NMB48 HKT48 NGT48 STU48 Team 8

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#61 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:02 AM

I see a lot of people saying these results are fake and tbh, I don't think they are, because if they were fake, why make it so obvious? 

I think it is to do with instant news culture.

Look at it this way: If some completely irrelevant idol ate something at 3pm yesterday you can probably find a blog post about it, if a bag of rice falls over in lets say Bolivia it was probably on the news somewhere and due to that people start to expect that all information is openly available all the time, but the flipside of it is that if there is no easily verifiable explanation for something then they jump to conclusions about conspiracies and such.

#62 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Shukan Bushun caught a member with a guy and will reveal the whole scandal on ssk day...

#63 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Unless this is a second story, it's what I believe is the continuation "teaser" of the announcement they recently had - which was that they would publish pictures of someone who is participating in the election after the election. In other words, something that will really piss off fans that wasted money on that member. 

So either this is a continuation of this, or there's yet another story. 

Anyways, we'll find out post election. Sucks though.

#64 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

hmm .. I got no idea .. just commenting on a general sense ..
I think it would be better for them to announce after the election ..
I think because during the election period, the fans are just mainly focusing on their idol ..
Those not a fan of the idol involve wouldn't bother, as long as its not their idol it would be fine ..
For fans of that idol involve would probably still vote for the idol anyway because it is something they prepared and already die set on ..
The news would just dead off and wasted for Shukan Bushun ..
So that's why we usual get the news after the election .. and for Shukan Bushun .. the higher the ranking the idol get .. the better ..

#65 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Not necessarily so. Plenty of fans don't want to vote for an idol that broke the idol rules. That is pretty self-explanatory given how many idols have dropped in position - even failed to rank - due to scandals. 

So for these fans, it's better to get the bad news before the election so that they know who to spend the money on and who not to spend the money on. Most fans like more than just one girl.

But what this also accomplishes, is to disappoint the fans who wasted their money, to the point of a.) not wanting to support that girl, because they just wasted their money, and b.) serves as a cause for lessening their interest in idols as a whole (especially when time, money, and dedication is put towards this hobby - "Why waste money on girls who are in scandals?"). 

#66 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

Regardless this will leave a bitter taste in some fans mouths. I hope its not a too important member to overshadow the whole event.

#67 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

^
^ .. my point is thinking towards Shukan Bushun making the most out of their publication ..
They really do not care about the fans, the idols or the ranking
Its about them coming out with the news and selling it for as much money as possible ..
Its not like the fans would thank them later for helping them not waste their money ..
I don't think they actually hate the idols industry or wanting to kill it ..
They actually need the idols industry to flourish .. because it is good for business ..as all they need is to catch them for dating ..which is easier ..
without the idol industry .. they would have to find really hard story like hidden affair of well-known people to sell scandals ..
Furthermore .. well-known people can easily sue them .. while for idols, they usually don't or can't do anything about it

================================
ps. I edited my previous post but the reply came before I am done so I will put it here instead ..

I guess we are all set for it ..
For me .. Lala seem set to get a place .. but Hiwatan is still pending ..
Her preliminary numbers are still possible for her to get a place but it is slim ..
I hope she can get it ..

This year I didn't vote .. I am not giving any excuse but I just can't do it ..
fact is .. I always hated those fans who talk a lot but does nothing as in not voting at all ..
So that's why I have been quiet because I did nothing ..

However.. I will just drop something which I heard and I agree on ..
Its just not fair for foreign fans like us ..
We do not have a Japan phone so we cannot vote with their "mobile","app","mail", "net" services ..
For the same amount of money .. the Japanese can get 3 times more votes than us .. and I am not even counting delivery cost for us ..
This year it seem that there are even more of these services and the fans have all figure it out ..
Because of this .. we may see a shift of power .. as "small" players can level their ground against those "big" players who buy those CDs in the hundreds ..

#68 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

( Of course with regards to Shukan they don't care about anything other than making money, and for that they need both idols and fans. But as it usually is, they move on to whatever else is popular to generate money. )

I voted again this year - like all the years - and this year all my votes will go towards Seichan. So here's for hoping she'll do well!

#69 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

I am sorry .. dunno if I am going too far with this topic ..
But I just want clarify ..

What I really mean is female idols created something of a "easy scandal" for the paparazzi ..
When we think about scandal .. what do we think about?

Political leaders having an affair..
Business leaders using underhand methods or cooking their books ..
Even for the entertainment industry .. we think like married stars having an affair ..
Basically some wrong-doing that is pretty serious ..

Even for male idols .. it hard to get a scandal that matter for them ..
Them dating ain't going to be a problem .. I think it could like they use their status to gain an immoral advantage .. like maybe sleeping with fans ..
Basically it is still a major wrong-doing ..

But for female idols .. all you need is them coming into contact with a male species of the human race and we got a scandal ..
So its just so simple for paparazzi to make a news out of it ..
It is something unique to Japan as Jpop female idols are an unique kind of artists ..

So that what I mean when I say Shukan Bushun would want female idols to continue because its "easy scandal" resulting in easy money ..

====================================

I think this year should be the same ..
where one network broadcast the first part then they will move to the 2nd part with another broadcaster ..
and when they switch to the other broadcaster .. we will get an rain of advertisements and switching to other commentaries .. annoying all of us :P .. sigh ..

#70 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

Ssk may get canceled because its the raining season and the staium is outdoors again. (Idk why they keep doing it because its else extremely hot or rains heavily)

I hope it doesnt tho

#71 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Even though she's not a part of the election Yukirin will still attend. Ame Onna until the end :ph34r:

The election is always fun and makes for a perfect summertime event but I always hate the risk of rain from the rainy season :unsure: 

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#72 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:35 AM

http://ameblo.jp/aki...2284151816.html

#73 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

Nooooooooo

So, because I used google translate, will the election take place somewhere else and just not have the concert? Or will both concert/election be rescheduled on another day?

Or is it TBA?

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#74 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:16 AM

I believe it says the concert is cancelled and the election will be broadcast on TV. They aren't going to have it in it's current location so they are in the process of moving it somewhere in order to broadcast it. Feel bad for the fans who are going to Okinawa for nothing.

I still ended up voting for Moripo.

I hope the scandal isn't about any HKT48 members, it does say 48G so some are speculating it's not an AKB48 member.

#75 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:21 AM

Concert is canceled. The result event will be held in another location without audience. Fuji TV broadcast will happen as planned. Sky Perfect TV broadcast will probably change the start time, but whether this is the case hasn't been officially announced yet.

Internet killed common sense.

#76 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:23 AM

The anticlimax is real. 

Election without fans... Talk about depressing stuff. Nobody for the girls to share their results with... And for some this would be the first time ranking in. 

Oh well. Good job on management booking this event for Okinawa, knowing fully well the high risk of bad weather - which just happened. 

#77 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

The bad decision was and is having these events outdoors. Unless it's some sort of special event or a real reason to have events in open air stadiums, they should all be in domes.

The no audience thing is a terrible idea, granted it's probably impossible to coordinate everything on such short notice, but how awkward is this show going to be if they are all in one room waiting to be called. Normally the members could chat with each other since no one would hear them but I bet most of them will be pretty quiet the whole time.

And I wonder how the speeches will be effected talking into a camera and to a crowd are 2 different things. Less tears?

#78 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

oh well .. ya .. i think it would be lifeless ..
Basically the girls would be accepting their awards without an audience in front of them ..
I don't think they can generate much emotions if they just come up and face the cameras ..

Come on !!! .. come up with a better idea even if you want to do a close door back up plan .. !!!
maybe like stream the audience viewing in other area and put it on the screen in front of the girls ..
Do they have viewing in cinemas? I am not sure ..
but they do have viewing at the AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NGT48 theaters ..
Hope they do a live feed streaming of the audience to the front view of the girls ..
So at least the girls would have the feel of an real audience in front of them ..

#79 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

Maybe they should have planned for this...? I mean, outdoor stadiums during monsoon season? That's probably one of the most idiotic things you could do. It's not going to be as exciting due to the lack of audience, but it can't be helped.

I couldn't vote this year (college expenses, but still, since Rabutan graduated, I don't really know who to support), but I'm still interested to see the results.

#80 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

Aks didnt lose much money because government paid for the whole event so they could still book some hall last minute and do some kind of a setup like the one for 3rd ssk for example. But they chose the easy less exciting way, of course. The lamest sousenkyo to date.
If it wasnt for the stupid monsoon tho, the concert and the event would be brutal. They planned a water park themed ssk. What they didnt plan is rain which is weird considering weather forecasts are a thing.
They better learn their lesson for next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users