• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:21 AM

I am sad that this group doesn't have many overseas fans. I was so spoiled because my previous favorite group C-ute had so many fans. So i got to have fun discussing different things about the group with others. Anyways I currently obsessed with their new song Ichizu Iro no Bench it's so cute and catchy. My favorite type of Idol song

I am loving this so new line-up! They are all so pretty!!!

Huj0HEA.jpg

Uoab1OU.jpg

I saw there first concert as Cho Tokimeki♡Sendenbu and my favorite performance's done by them were Mousou Pool Date and Kimi ni Muchuu Girl . There was so much energy put into those two performances. I got so pumped up just from watching them lol

Uuvha8X.jpg

Julia is my favorite of the group. She is super CUTE!

https://www.tiktok.c...325357366594817

F5xuneK.jpg

OK, rant over...

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#62 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:09 AM

Not much content in any forum lately, sadly.

That said, I really love this group. I started listening to them late last year and got hooked hard (with the Koi no SHAPE UP MV). The energy in their songs and their performances are very high. This is what idol groups do best, for me.

Other random musings. My favorite, at the start, was Julia, too, but as usual, when I follow a new group a little bit more closely, I find my oshimen changes for good and right now, it's Hiyori.

You can really see their personalities in their weekly show and I especially liked the outtakes of their mini drama a few months back.

But what hooks me, like with every Stardust group I follow, is the quality of their songs. Their album was really strong. Can't wait for a second album.

I thought losing Bambi would hurt them, but Aki's super kawaii genki attitude more than makes up for the loss of their best singer. I think. We'll see.

#63 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:45 PM

^ Yeaa another fan to talk too XD

I have been trying to spread the Tokimeki love by subbing their performances into English. I mean that's how I found out and got into Hello! Project WAY BACK in 2008. I figured performances were not enough so I have decided I would try to Translate and Subtitle some of their skits and such. To show more of the girls outside of performing on stage.

I am still currently working on more of their content. It really is helping me stay a bit more stable during these crazy times. That's what I love about Idols they give you happy energy.

BTW: I LOVE Aki! HOWEVER! I wish they would have added a better singer to the group....

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#64 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:58 PM

Dance Practice of WATASHI NO.1 GIRL was uploaded to the avex channel.

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#65 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:35 PM

Man, that Watashi # 1 song is so TokiSen. Crazy. As for Aki, she does bring in the high-pitched voice they never had before, so I'm looking forward to that. I don't think they ever needed Bambi's voice in the songs they played. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to have, but not critical in their songs.

I watched a few of their weekly show and for a non-speaker, I was somewhat entertained nonetheless, So I will surely watch your translations, thanks.

#66 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

Yea, Aki does bring something different to the table, however, I will miss Bambi's voice. I am happy the group is sticking to energetic and fun songs even with the "rebranding" of the group. Honestly, did they even have to change the name of the group? The name change will NEVER make sense to me lol. They should have changed the name right when Mako left and they added Sala, and Bambi. That would have made sense because the group Image started to change at that time. Mind you I didn't like the change, but hell it would have made more sense to do it then.

yLjhye4.jpg

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#67 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:27 PM

The name change will NEVER make sense to me lol. They should have changed the name right when Mako left and they added Sala, and Bambi. That would have made sense because the group Image started to change at that time. Mind you I didn't like the change, but hell it would have made more sense to do it then.

Agreed. It also seems like a bold choice to change the name now, as it suggests that the current lineup will be a lot more stable than it was previously, and that did not go very well with the last two additions.

For what it's worth, I am very interested in Aki, but Tokisen as a whole is very hit or miss for me, musically, and there is one member that really irritates me so I don't follow them that closely. 

DDOhydd.gif

#68 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:30 PM

The name change will NEVER make sense to me lol. They should have changed the name right when Mako left and they added Sala, and Bambi. That would have made sense because the group Image started to change at that time. Mind you I didn't like the change, but hell it would have made more sense to do it then.

Agreed. It also seems like a bold choice to change the name now, as it suggests that the current lineup will be a lot more stable than it was previously, and that did not go very well with the last two additions.

For what it's worth, I am very interested in Aki, but Tokisen as a whole is very hit or miss for me, musically, and there is one member that really irritates me so I don't follow them that closely. 

OK, I gotta know which member it is!? lol

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#69 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:44 PM

As a personal policy, I don't hate and tell. I don't have any real, logical reason for disliking any of them and I don't like contributing to a culture of negativity, so I try to keep names to myself.

There are really only maybe... 3 idols in existence that I really can't stand, enough to make me not be able to follow a group, and unfortunately one of them is in Tokisen. That said, all the rest are great, top-tier idols. If the one left, I'd be all in. I'd still hate some of the songs, but I could excuse them easier.
DDOhydd.gif

#70 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:16 PM

Oh, OK, I can respect that. I used to feel that way about Maimi Yajima from ℃-ute. Eventually I did grow to like her though. I personally don't like the songs Trap, and Deadheat from Tokimeki♡Sendenbu. I love songs more like Suki and Ichizu Iro no Bench.

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#71 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:09 AM

:o  See that's so crazy to me because I think Dead Heat is such an incredible song. But I also really hated Koi no Shape Up and a lot of people really seemed to love it so I don't know what taste is anymore.

DDOhydd.gif

#72 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:56 AM

Wow, I am posting with HP/Stardust forum legends here. Seriously, you two help these agencies connect with the western world a lot more than you think you do. And that's a good thing, because these 2 agencies put out the most interesting pop music that I know of. I just want to thank you two, from all of us, for all the fine work you have done to promote this good japanese idol pop music through your translations and your uncontested knowledge.

On another topic, Lurkette, who is this new cutie you use as avatar? Is she as weird as RenRen or The One Who Shall Not Be Named?

#73 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:11 AM

She's Kaname Rin aka Perorin from Dempagumi.inc. She has a subunit with another Dempa member, Nemoto Nagi, and the new video was too cute not to make a set out of even though she's not my oshimen. She's very weird, but in a sort of surrealist way, in a way where she is just very dumb but tries very hard. The ultimate airhead, you could say. 

DDOhydd.gif

#74 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:30 AM

Wow, I am posting with HP/Stardust forum legends here. Seriously, you two help these agencies connect with the western world a lot more than you think you do. And that's a good thing, because these 2 agencies put out the most interesting pop music that I know of. I just want to thank you two, from all of us, for all the fine work you have done to promote this good japanese idol pop music through your translations and your uncontested knowledge.

Oh, wow thanks <3. I am just sad there is not more English translated content of stardust groups like there is for Hello! Project groups. I will say there is a TON of translated material for Momorio Clover Z! I just wish it was the same for all the other groups. Like I just recently found out HACHIMITSU ROCKET had disbanded :( Such a great group. I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know why that group disbanded?

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#75 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:43 PM

Koi no Jackal Dance Practice Video

I love that Julia has a lot of lines <3 Love her voice and how cute she is!

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#76 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

Like I just recently found out HACHIMITSU ROCKET had disbanded :( Such a great group. I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know why that group disbanded?

Sorry for the delayed reply, but they disbanded because of the usual "the members want to do other things." Well, half of them wanted to do other things. Mifuu wants to be a voice actress, Shiho left the company, and Sora just wanted to stop being an idol. The others went on to form the group Awww!, albeit with Harima changing her name to Kana, with two new recruits. To be frank, once Amemiya left as early as she did, even with the huge push she got from the company, I wasn't sure how long they would last as a group, unfortunately. But I also strongly preferred their indies songs to their major ones, so I didn't follow them as closely once they debuted.

DDOhydd.gif

#77 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:21 PM

^ Wow, thank you for taking time out to let me know all of this! Crazy!! Welp, at least the ones that wanted to stay got to form a new group.

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#78 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:08 AM

Yep! The same thing happened when 3BJr, their trainee sector, fell apart. The girls who wanted to keep performing formed Amefurasshi (which features Aira, the real queen idol of Stardust), some focused on other fields of entertainment, and some left the agency to do whatever. It's nice that Stardust will just accept the directions the girls want to go in, even if they just stay small-time idols forever.

DDOhydd.gif

#79 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:38 AM

^ That's what kinda confuses me about Tokimeki♡Sendenbu. Like why did they add 2 (technically 4 in total) new members? It's obvious the 4 original girls are in it for the long haul, so why change the line-up. I mean don't get me wrong I loved all the girls they ended up adding, but the group would be fine with just the original 4. Why does it HAVE to be a 6 member line-up?

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#80 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:58 PM

So, the interesting thing about Stardust is that the overarching management doesn't have as much to do with the operations of the groups. This has to do with Stardust's history with idols, but unlike UF or whatever 48G's management is calling themselves now, they're a general talent agency that sort of fell into idols rather than forming around idols. Individual group management has much more say in what the group does, so each group can make very different choices, as management and member needs dictate. For example, Ebichu made it public that after aiai graduated, they had been planning on adding new members. However, one member, Hinata, made a passionate plea to not bring in anyone new and let them keep working as the 6 members remaining. Management decided to listen to her and did not add any new members. 

In TokiSen's case, I assume that either the core 4 want or are otherwise ambivalent about new members, and management is satisfied with something resulting from having 6 members. If I had to make a guess, they added 2 originally because they did not want to seem like they were directly replacing Mako (hence why yellow is now "lemon" as a color for the group), and then when Sala left, it seemed weird to drop a color they had just added a year prior, so they brought in Julia. Now there's a precedent, so they also replace lemon when Bambi leaves. At this point, if one of the founding 4 leaves, I wouldn't think they'd add anyone else, but it's hard to say.

DDOhydd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users