• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#121 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

I know its has been posted on the main thread ..
Just thought I share it here too :)

Juice=Juice Kudo Yume • Matsunaga Riai Autograph Reveal! (2019/10/07)

#122 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:09 AM

her vocals during Octopic were so good... i hear a lot of Ruru on her voice color

#123 NirvanaRama

NirvanaRama

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:08 AM

Does anyone know the meaning of "yafuzou" (やふぞう), the word she writes in big red letters at the beginning of each blog post?  From what I can gather with my terrible Japanese skills, she started each post with a nonsensical word until she decided on yafuzou in this post (https://ameblo.jp/ju...2511440654.html )?

#124 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:06 AM

Ya-hoo (sounds like "hoe") is "hey there." 
When Matsunaga first started blogging, she kept altering a letter or two until she found one she kinda liked.  It doesn't really mean anything.  It's a made up version of a semi-sense word.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#125 NirvanaRama

NirvanaRama

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:23 AM

Ah, I kind of figured that was the case.  Thanks for the info. :good:

#126 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:35 PM

The evolution of Riai.

I'm looking for the video from last summer's Harocon where they paired up former KSS gen mates into shuffle units (putting Riai with Beyooooonds members Rika, Saya and Miimi). At least in that performance, she was the best singer of the lot, imo.

#127 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:23 PM

There are few random groups of 4 in HP where Riai isn't the best singer of the lot.

#128 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:20 PM

^

^

It was from the Winter 2020 cons.(Really good concert BTW) :good:

@ 2:00

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#129 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:31 PM

Rika and Riai were so awesome!

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#130 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:15 AM

Well, all four of them are good. All of the Beyooooonds girls sound like idols, Riai sounds like a singer. Funny things is that Riai is the youngest one, almost a year younger than Miimi (9 1/2 months), five years younger than Rika. Imagine how good she's gonna be when she hits Rika's current age.

On another note, Miimi has that high-pitched idol-y voice but her performance level/idol vibe is off the charts......and largely unrecognized.

#131 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:26 AM

^ 20 old Riai will be one of the greatest H!P singers, i'm sure. 

And yes, i still don´t understand how i don´t realize Miimi greatnest when she was a kss. Now when i'll see old vids is like "shit, she always been the perfect Idol she´s now". 

#132 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:44 AM

I need to hear more Riai to make a final judgement. However, I think she and Layla are going to be new members who top the best vocalist ranking.

#133 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:01 AM

i don't think anyone will reach ruru or sakura's level without a ton of training but honestly a few years from now i think layla, riai, and yuhane will be some of the best singers in h!p (+ maybe rio and shiorin). they have a ton of potential so i'm looking forward to hearing how they develop :0

also is it just me or does riai give a lot of airi vibes? besides the similar names ofc (riai reversed is airi lol) riai just reminds me a lot of airi

#134 PeachCandy

PeachCandy

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:57 PM

Chel's Surprise English Lesson Episode 2 with Matsunaga Riai. 

https://www.facebook...410601384/?vh=e

#135 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 11:30 PM

Icchan was scanning thru her YouTube feed and saw this thumbnail.......and for a minute she thought Riai was herself! :D

Attached Files

#136 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 11:26 PM

The Chronicles of Matsunaga Riai and the Hopelessness of Cookery

Riai has long known of her inability to cook, but decided that she should not let that deter her as she endeavored to start baking sweets.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, her ingredients did not seem to want to cooperate with her, as they kept separating into the appearance of butter-drenched scrambled eggs!

Spoiler

Riai also ran into a logistical problem. She didn't have any plastic wrap, and so needed to find an alternative. In her desperation, she found some aluminum foil and wrapped her dough in that before refrigerating it.

Spoiler

Up to this point, Riai had been messaging live-updates on each step to her gen-mate, Kudo Yume. Yume had even sent her a stamp of an octopus wishing her luck. It was at this point though that Riai would stop responding, as things became quite stressful. She tried baking the cookies, but as she wasn't sure if the insides were actually cooking properly, she left her cookies in the oven to finish. After finally pulling her cookies out of the oven, it was with defeat that she messaged Yume back. "I failed."

Spoiler

Riai shared her result in her blog, but asked that fans kindly allow her to believe in her delusions that her cookies were a success. She had spent 4 hours making them, after all. With such a great success behind her, she would surely be able to make macarons next! Yume supported this kind of enthusiasm, as you never really know unless you try.

Well, at any rate, Riai thought she may just skip out on the sweets for the time being and try to see if she could prepare some fish instead. She had watched Kimagure Cook prepare fish on YouTube, so thought fish should comparatively be a breeze for her. That being the case, it still took some effort for her to find some fresh fish at the market since everything seemed already prepared. Eventually, she managed to talk herself into some horse mackerel, and planned to prepare her meal while on a video call with Yume.

Yume at least seemed to have a lot of fun on the call and couldn't resist the urge to make a batch of delicious cookies herself. Riai, however, still had a rather difficult time. Yume wasn't really able to help her much. The end result? Riai felt inclined to include a warning on her blog that anyone eating should probably not continue to read further.

Spoiler

It was not the prettiest result, so Riai made an effort to fix it. Thinking it would help, she cracked an egg over it, but also managed to drop some egg shells onto her dish.

Spoiler

Maybe Riai will have better luck in the future if Yume continues to encourage her to keep trying. It may also be worthwhile to see if she can get some instruction from Angerme's Kawamura Ayano if she plans to work with fish in the future.

Bonus video for the cookies:
https://www.instagra.../p/CJGcrCQhiw0/

Relevant Blogs

#137 specktater

specktater

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 07:33 PM

I was watching the Octopic! concert and Riai is doing some pretty advanced fan service throughout some songs, constantly trying to pick people out of the audience and waving to them, etc. You normally don't see that with someone who recently debuted.

#138 chocolatmenthe

chocolatmenthe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:00 PM

^^ The horse mackerel pics are downright dreadful, what is this even? Best dieting picture ever (makes you want to stop eating right away).

^ She is so pro, ever since she joined Ange (haven't seen her prior to her debut so can't tell). She's amazing. She sole my heart. I can't cook either, Riai ♥.

Idols are keeping me young since 2006.

#139 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:15 AM

^

*juice

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#140 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

As far as baking cookies, you can't bake them until they're hard, they'll be burnt. You have to take them out of the oven while they're still soft, they will firm up as they cool. Better luck next time!

Above I mentioned her being a gen mate of Rika, Saya and Miimi......I had just recently learned she and Miimi have known each other from their modelling days in Osaka!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users