• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 Erienn

Erienn

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

Duu with long hair...I didn't even recognize her. Stunning.

#22 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

I'm really excited for Miki having a big role!

I just wish Maa-chan could have played a male role. I love the way she plays boys and male roles are usually so much more versatile in Japanese productions (except if the females are villains). ._.

And I really don't get why Duu and Sakura always get the main roles. In 11nin Duu was good as the male main character and Sakura as the main female. But imo they weren't really convincing in the east version. Then again it's probably also about their consistent vocal performance. 

Here is btw a character relations chart that has the actual pictures of all of the girls in them:

https://twitter.com/...195555819765760

And here is a love quartet chart:

https://twitter.com/...171234011467776

Shuu Shiotsuki?! As in Haruka from the recent Sailor Moon musicals!? HELL YES I LOVE HER!

And Kei Oogi?! SHE WAS GREAT AS KAOLINITE OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MUSICAL!!!!!

Shuu was already in MMs last play 11nin as the villain. /D

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#23 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

I mean, Morning Musume '17 has a lot of good actresses (at least for idols), such as Mizuki, Duu, Sakura, Masaki, Ayumi, Harunan and Miki. So that's probably why you always see the usual five (Ayumi, Duu, Sakura, Masaki, Mizuki) playing important roles, because most of them are really popular within the group, have the best voices in the group and are good stage play actresses. Duu and Sakura especially pull of main characters really well, like in LILIUM and Triangle. I could see Miki and Kaede pulling off more main roles in the future though.

I also noticed that most of the recent stageplays Morning Musume does are always in an alternate universe, from Stacy's on. While Angerme on the other day, does a lot of fun, modern day stageplays. It's a nice contrast.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#24 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

I get the feeling they spit the leads as Duu/Sakura and Ayu/Duu is because the latter is more 1) Duu is probably the most popular member rn while being a good actress and pretty good singer, but Sakura is a great singer okay actress with Ayumi being a great actress but okay singer. I also think they work with a pre ordained hierarchy for this which explains why certain members keep getting similar roles

dlapuo76c72.gif

#25 SZA

SZA

the love galore

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

To be honest, I can only see Duu, Ayumi, and Sakura, and maybe Maachan to seriously pursue acting post MM. They've got the skills and stage presence and is probably why those three get main roles all the time.
Sato Masaki <3 Ishida Ayumi

#26 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

^ I actually don't see Sakura or Masaki pursuing acting post-MM (its not really a question if they are good or not for this btw). Masaki has only done one lead role so far so I think its premature to say for her while Sakura seems like she's the type to try go into music latter on.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#27 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

actually shaking because Duu looks so good and mature with long hair and normally that wouldn't be my opinion

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#28 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

^
^
Just because Sakura wants to be a soloist in future it doesn't mean that she has to completely rule out being an actress either. It is possible to pursue a career in singing and acting at the same time.

Also the only reason Maa-chan doesn't have a main role this year is probably because of her lumbar disk herniation and the fact the main roles this year could end up aggrievating it and cause her injury to relapse and send her back into a hiatus or in a worse case end up leaving the group. If she didn't have a problem with her back I'm pretty sure she would've gotten a main role this year. She was pretty serious about her role as Baceska, so if she can find a way to pursue an acting career around having an ongoing back problem I'm sure that Masaki will do so if she decides that that's what she wants to do in future.

#29 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

And let's be real, Sakura doesn't really have the popularity to pursue a succesful soloist career, so acting might do her better even if she does only score a few supporting roles. If Ayaka and Riho (Peaberry), the most populat members in their respective groups, could only score 12k with all the promotion they got, I honestly doubt a lesser popular member (despite having an amazing voice) would be able to do any better than that. H!P haven't had a successful soloist since Matsuura Aya and even in her later years her sales started to dip.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#30 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

^

^

Well, I'm not sure about that. I thought Maa-chans acting was amazing as Baceska but she said the director told her she had an unattractive voice (and while it is super harsh to say something like that every member that went seriously into musical so far had super nice voices). So at least musicals seem kind of out of her career choices. 

Though I wasn't really requesting Maa-chan to get one of the main roles. Then again all of you are right. Whom else should get the main roles if not Duu and Sakura in the current line-up (minus 13ki because there's not way for them getting main roles when it's their first time). I just really hold my breath that Miki won't hold herself back too much because she's doubting herself or something.  

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#31 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

^
Are you sure it was Nishimori Hideyuki who told Maa-chan that she had an unattractive voice though? As far as I'm aware he had nothing but praise for Maa-chan as a serious actress when he directed Zoku 11-nin.

As for Miki, after seeing how well she play Tutu in Zoku 11-nin I think she's going do pretty well as a main character this year :)

#32 Neinei

Neinei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2071 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

no offens..but machan one of the good actresses in mm...like..really? i mean she never had a big role on any of the musicals right? plus imo, everytime she playes someone she is never convincing.... from the stuff Ive seen i dont think acting is for her.
As of sakura, i think she is good, but not as good as some other girls that really love acting

tumblr_nzpz5bTK5v1scyxrjo1_1280.jpg

#33 hanaa-san

hanaa-san

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

I feel like they always give Maachan those characters you have in a play just for a laugh and never something serious, Baceska is the only character serious and that was a real challenge for Maachan, and she portrayed him really good. Maybe Maachan is not a great actress like Duu, but she can do different characters, she is not bad at acting. 

Maachan probably didn't get at least one of the main female roles just because of her lumbar disk herniation, not because she is a bad actress or anything like that. Maachan maybe doesn't think of acting as something she would like to do (like Duu), but she is professional and she is going to be serious about her work, she improved a lot as an actress with baceska.

#34 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

I LOVE THAT MIKI IS GETTING A MAIN ROLE 

WORK THAT SPOTLIGHT GIRL, THIS IS YOUR YEAR - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!

also those costumes really reminds me of yugioh.... I really can't see anything other than male Kudo being Pharaoh and Ayumi in fancy clothes being ancient Kaiba (me and my boyfriend figured out all the other roles as well hahah)

Yokoyan looks absolutely stunning, as does Sakura, MIKI HOLY SHIT WHEN DID YOU GET SO GOOD AT TAKING A PICTURE, Maa-chan and Erina imho.. I mean they all look beautiful, but these are the stand-outs to me. 

^ you know, or she didn't get the role simply because she didn't fit properly. She is amazing, and worth every compliment given, but sometimes other people just fit better for the role than she does...

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#35 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

^ you know, or she didn't get the role simply because she didn't fit properly. She is amazing, and worth every compliment given, but sometimes other people just fit better for the role than she does...

While i completely agree with that, i'm going to go with the idea that her back injury thing is probably why she didn't get a bigger role for this particular play.

But as hanaa-san said, i think it's better to have the girls who aspire to be actresses, or really enjoy acting, be the ones who are the main characters. Giving everyone their own roles in the group is a good thing, so i'm fine with Maachan not getting a main role in this play. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#36 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

^ yeah you're probably right, she does need to be careful if she wants to make full recovery.

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#37 AikawaMahoFTW

AikawaMahoFTW

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

Not too much interested in the plot, but I'm definitely watching for 13ki.  :P

hi my new favorite group is basically all of j=j pls help me from this unending maho

FIESTA FIESTA IS HERE MY DUDES ITS AMAZING OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

#38 Neinei

Neinei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2071 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

agree that maybe she simply didnt fit the role.

#39 smtmissin

smtmissin

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Ok let's be real, she's not as popular as most of the girls who are given main role, and not the utahime that is Sakura which management tries to push. Let's be honest, most of their acting sucks so let's not pretend the role fit her or not. The girl keeps floating in themiddle it's not clear what direction they want for her.

maria2.png

#40 Neinei

Neinei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2071 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

valid point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users