Photo

Have you ever come to love a member you really disliked first (and vice versa)?

Hello! Project Morning Musume Berryz Koubou C-ute Tsubaki Factory Kobushi Factory Country Girls Angerme Juice=Juice Hello! Pro Kenshuusei

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 I♥Sayumi

I♥Sayumi

I♥Sayumi

• Senpai
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

I really didn't get the charm of Yamaki Risa and Murota Mizuki until lately when Risa keeps on blogging about Sayu and Murota being a great performer.

I used to like Nakanishi Kana during her debut and she's even one of my bet during the audition, but right now I neither like or dislike her, she's like invisible to me now.

#62 Hana~hime

Hana~hime

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:06 AM

Originally had two but it turned out like this~ :3

I used to HATE as in hate Risako and Riho to the top! lolz

So imagine my surprise when the world turned upside down and they became my favourite members of all time~!

I became one of those who would defend them, especially Risako's early days~

Riho just amazed me especially when I watched Reina's grad concert and yes Riho had so much exposure and she's always at the centre~

BUT she is just it! she did not seek it, the position itself held on to her~ In my eyes~ :3

I was afraid for her when Ayumi joined and got pushed to dancing then Sakura came and was better at singing but Riho just did what she can and she just naturally shone~ :)

Obviously I still can't get over how she left MM~ She's my ultimate fave MM and HP member as a whole~

On that note, I now love Sakura and admire Ayumi's solid personality~ Maachan used to be annoyingly spoiled but she's one of my faves in MM right now~

Tamura Meimi - the annoying kid who was so popular, I didn't see the hype when she sounds so nasally, fast forward a few years later, she sang with a powerful voice and didn't act cutesy anymore~ I loved watching her live performances from then on~

Kobushi - I hated the group when they were formed. They looked too random for me and bland BUT after Nen ni wa Nen's first live performance, I think it was the same as most people, they just blew me away! Such performance and they never stopped from then on~ The major debut was inevitable they were ready for it! I love them as a group~

Tsubaki - let's admit it, they were lacking something and even though they were all pretty I found them awkward? But as they became comfortable they just bloomed and this group is just so feminine. Then the dynamics changed after 2 gen joined, the older members became more proactive? Some still needs to give a bit more, I feel bad for Yumeno, she's really giving it her all~

Now for my Fave at First Sight and those I immediately liked:

Ai - those lines from Osaka Koi no Uta!

Chisato - Edo no Uta - her voice was good I wonder why she wasn't up front~ I was so happy when she got major solo lines when they were down to 5! And it just got better from there on~

Kanyon - my fave S/mileage

Miki - and she's getting lines now~~!! :)

Nanami - since she was KSS

Ami - when Tsubaki was formed and saw her natural beauty and long hair. Love her confidence even though she was least talented & experienced~ She's gotten so much better now!

Kamiko - from first sight!
Moe - angerme really had good additions

For those who were alright then I started liking:

Duu - I like how her personality is different from most and she's an all rounder performer

Kanna - that voice in Up and Down, I like how deep her range is

Sayuki - her voice got me

Chisaki - when she started to show her personality

Rena - she's just funny and cute

Yumeno - she just worked so hard for Tsubaki

Kaedii - I thought she's too serious when she was in KSS but I didn't realize I was rooting for her until she got accepted!

YokoReina - from who? to ahh~

For those I used to like and turned blah....

Eripon - she was so cute when she first joined....don't know what happened after that....

#63 Nox.

Nox.

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Most of my favs fall under this umbrella. Lately it's Kiki and Maria who i've started to like. I've never actively disliked an idol but recently I've noticed their charm, whereas they weren't on my radar before. Maria first caught my attention on stage. Her personality at times can be a bit off putting for me, but I appreciate it at the same time. Idk I think the quirks that people have are beautiful even if I don't personally like it, part of my philosophy I suppose. I don't really know a thing about Kiki but her smile has successfully reeled me in for now.
Not gonna lie, I loose interest in alot of girls who aren't my oshi.

#64 amphy

amphy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

Okai Chisato... I became a fan of C-ute around 2011 and for some reason I decided I didn't like her because her skirt in Momoiro Sparkling was a dark colour when everyone else's clothes were bright (lol I don't know what I was thinking ^^; ). Anyway, I still didn't like her until I read her blog post about her dog Paine having to get put down in 2013. I remember crying when I read it and feeling really bad for not liking her, I don't know, I think I suddenly realised she was human too lol. After that I listened to Kanashiki Heaven and realised she was a good singer too and now she's my favourite idol along with Airi! ^-^

#65 Althea

Althea

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

I definitely took Sayashi Riho for granted.

As for Maachan, I didn't care for her at first. Her high pitched voice and clinginess was a bit off-putting.. but as more time went by the more I noticed her improvement in performance and what I used to find a bit annoying about her I now find to be her charm. I love that her personality isn't always what people want from her. I love that even though she is a senior in the group she kind of has this way about her where she refuses to grow up and continues to make everybody laugh with her childishness. She's extremely talented and still chooses to be herself, she's not living up to anybody's expectations. Deep down I really feel as though that side of her (her childish side) is a way of getting the group as a whole to smile and be carefree. 

#66 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

I have never hated any one of them since that's a pretty strong emotion, but I was disinterested in Oda when she joined. Her looks were average and she seemed like a quiet generic addition  to Momusu so there was nothing that really stood out. Only as time passed did I start to realize that even though she's not as outgoing as some other members, she has a very funny and interesting personality in a subtle, unique way. She's nice to everyone, is intelligent and levelheaded but has her own brand of humor. Plus she looks very different from her debut days now (as she eagerly pointed out herself). After actually coming to Tokyo my opinion of her increased even more because I got to see how friendly she is towards the fans as well, waving back at them frequently and recently holding tightly on to my hand even though my time at the handshake was up. Sakura is cool up on the stage, but when she's not on it she is just a genuinely nice person. Also, her voice is incredibly nice and soothing. I never that I'd be waving her color among all my other favorites when she first joined.

#67 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

I used to really dislike Sayu and Momochi for a while, but a year or two after that, I came to really like them and respect them. It was mostly due to their "Burikko" characters that I didn't like, but I realized later on that they were just fake personas for entertainment, and not their real personalities.

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#68 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

At first i don't really like Koharu Kusumi. Now I don't love her, but I can see her good points. ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#69 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

When both Fukuhime and Harunan both debuted I really disliked them for a while. But in the end they both ended up being my favorite members!

I also disliked Sayu until she became leader.

#70 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

I really did not like Sayu for a little while. I was baffled that she was added into the group alongside Reina, Eri and Miki. She seemed so out of place for me. I don't think I ended up liking her until a couple of years later. Around 2005 or 2006 I think, I warmed up to her, and then I started to increasingly love her, she's in my top 5 favourite H!P members of all time.

I also was bitter towards Ai for the same reasons people seem to have not liked Riho. (I was young, ok? I was like 12.) I fell in love with her after her portrayal of Cinderella.

I didn't care for Airi for a while, and Shock really set my mood towards to her. In the last few years though, I've come to like her.

Something about Miyabi rubbed me the wrong way. Then I met her in person, and her kindness and total Maid-Cafe like warmth won me over. I totally understand why people oshi her.

For the most part, I don't really dislike any idols, I've moved past that, and try to give everyone a fair chance. There are still an idol or two that I'm not a fan of, but I appreciate their effort and their work.

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#71 Otsukaranya

Otsukaranya

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

Rikako! Oh yes I was feeling that she was overrated, but after... magic of love

" MICHISHIGE SAYUMI IS MY SOUL , MORNING MUSUME IS MY LIFE "

Michishige Sayumi Kudo HarukaKaga KaedeMakino MariaMorito Chisaki ♥ all Morning Musume ♥ Sasaki Rikako ♥ Kamikokuryou MoeFunaki Musubu ♥ Kawamura AyanoMiyamoto Karin Yanagawa Nanami Nomura MinamiInoue Rei ♥ Ichioka Reina ♥ Inoue Hikaru ♥ Horie Kizuki

Kaga Kaede's first official FB fanpage here

#72 Myron

Myron

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

For some reason I used to dislike members who were very excited when they started out, like Masaki, Meimi and Sayuki. But I started to love them after a few years when they showcased their true potential! 

I think that meeting the idols in real life really changes your perspective about them. Because at first I felt a bit indifferent about Kassa joining Angerme, because she felt awkward when she just started. But seeing her perform in real life totally turned it around. She is so cool and cute that I'm excited to see how she's going to grow up.

あいりあやちょえりぽん

#73 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

I used to rather dislike koharu, erina and zukki and Sayu. With erina it was her improvement that changed it, zukki was her smile, koharu and Sayu was respect.

I dont particularily dislike anyone though

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#74 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:55 AM

I used to dislike Maria and it goes back to the MM 11th gen audition when I first saw her ..

I don't know why .. I just don't like her .. maybe its the other fans over-glorifying her when she is just a very normal girl with little talent to me ..

To me she is the least talented of the audition and the least best looking of the finals of that audition ..

I actually dislike Maria even more in H!P KSS as she seem to be having success and beating down Kishimon, the one I rooted for in MM 11th gen audition ..

I was disgusted when Maria got into MM 12th gen as it just seem nothing but favoritism by management and Tsunku ..

It seem to me like they already wanted to put her into MM but wanted to wait a gen before putting her in ..

At that time .. I was having a rough patch at 48G .. and was ready to come back to main H!P fandom..

Maria going to MM nearly stop me from coming back to main H!P fandom as I see it as hopeless if they continue with management favoritism like 48G  ..

But I did came back because it was a start of a new era and I like the S/mileage 3rd gen, CG setup and Hamachan got into KF ..

Furthermore, I kept telling myself .. "don't hate the idol, hate the management" ..

For MM that time .. I was trying to decide between Ogata and Miki as my new MM oshimen ..

I was a fan of Riho but I decide not to continue my old fandom in H!P ..

Then on the 48G side, my kami oshimen for 48G announce her graduation ..

That 48G idol was so important to me .. she was like my everything in my fandom ..

It became a search for a highly important idol for me .. I need to find someone so special that she would carry my dying idol fandom, lift it up and revive every back to the top as I was going to give up on idols ..

Alright the long story short .. I do not know why and how it happen ..

I finally realize that Maria is the one .. the idol that I seek from the day I got interested in idols ..

That's what I think :)

In the end, I think it is alright to dislike certain idols as long as you keep an open mind ..

Simply because you never know what is going to happen in the future :)

Maria is love <3

#75 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

Boy, do I have a story for you.

I used to hate Kana. Out of the five sub members, I thought that she was the "useless addition" and couldn't see her getting far in the group in terms of spotlight. Saki left like two seconds after she joined, so I was pretty much left out in the dust. I still watched over S/mileage, just without as much interest, with Ayaka, Meimi and Take-chan being my potential new favorites. After Please Miniskirt Postwoman!, I started to notice Kana a lot more. I knew that she was still very green in the performance area, but she had just much energy and happiness despite it all. I'm sure that she knew where she stood in comparison to the other members, but she didn't ever give up on herself and that's what I started to admire about her. Pretty soon, I began myself wanting to notice Kana more in TV apperances and performances a lot more than Take-chan, Ayaka and Meimi. Her positivity as a person helped me really get through the obstacles I got through in life, because I knew of Kana's story as the underdog and how she kept her head up despite it all. Even with Tsunku raining on her parade and making her feel like the weak link, even with her butchering the first big solo lines she ever got (Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki), even with her even being pinpointed as the bad dancer in a song (Chotto Matte Kudasai!). Her determination really shined a light through me and encouraged me to keep pushing myself regardless of who was doubting me.

Then LILIUM and Yattaruchan came. Those are two very big milestones in my liking of Kana. LILIUM because although she didn't get a lead role, she literally slayed (haha) her parts and you could actually hear her voice getting better and better. Then Yattaruchan, as her first center in a S/mileage song, and all of the campaigning UFP invested in it just for her (and Akari to an extent). Finally, the girl who I thought would go no where in the group and wouldn't last past two years, was finally having her breakthrough.

And now she's subleader and has potential to become the leader of the group if she stays longer than Ayaka. She's really made me proud over these past few years.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#76 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

Chisato Okai went through a period were her "mean tease" & derisive humor just was not funny. She would pick on Saki Nakajima to the point Nacky would be very hurt.  For a long time I did not like her for that.   One day, after Chisa humiliated Nacky, Airi Suzuki told her she would not cooperate unless Nacky was included.   That seemed to change things.  Okai got better at being funny and I like her a lot more today.  

Sounds interesting. Could you mention the name of the video where this occurred?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users