Photo

Have you ever come to love a member you really disliked first (and vice versa)?

Hello! Project Morning Musume Berryz Koubou C-ute Tsubaki Factory Kobushi Factory Country Girls Angerme Juice=Juice Hello! Pro Kenshuusei

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Youne

Youne

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1107 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Basically for me, there are idols who I dislike, who are neutral to me and who I like. Then there are those who I admire and who I adore.

Tanaka Reina - Dislike -> Admire

Michishige Sayumi - Neutral -> Adore

Kamei Eri - Like -> Adore

Sato Masaki - Neutral -> Adore

Kudo Haruka - Like -> Adore

Ogata Haruna - Neutral -> Adore

Kaga Kaede - Dislike -> Like

Wada Ayaka - Neutral -> Like

Okai Chisato - Neutral -> Like

Ishida Ayumi - Like -> Neutral

Sayashi Riho - Neutral -> Dislike

#42 sacul097

sacul097

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Morito Chisaki - Dislike -> Like

Hagiwara Mai - Dislike -> Like -> Neutral

Sayashi Riho - Dislike -> Like

Kishimoto Yumeno - Like -> Neutral

#43 maimiloveyou

maimiloveyou

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

In S/mileage Ayaka annoyed me (#1 reason her voice) and Rina was my 2nd favorite member. 

Now in Angerme Ayaka stands out in a good way while Rina's low energy makes her forgettable in such an intense group. idk :(

In Morning Musume before I found Mizuki boring but she's the best performer overall?! Don't know how I never noticed how  consistent she is. Really like her these days.

I was neutral about CG but they're all growing on me especially Musubu and Nanami. 

Used to LOVE Juice=Juice, but the music they've released the past 3 years have been just... Dream Road sparked an interest that was quickly snuffed out by Keep On! Tomoko who ranked so high in my overall hp members ranking dropped low low low :/

qe0lkbJ.gif

MaimiSakiAiri ♥ ChisaMaimai

℃-ute

#44 chuzzlecheese

chuzzlecheese

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

HATE/DISLIKE ----> LOVE/LIKE

Fukumura Mizuki -  I hated (and yes, that is the word I am going to use) her for about a year and a half. But, ever since around the time of Zukki's grad, i've been really warming up to her (She's very recently moved past Akane and Haachin from my least favourite MM members, and moved past like half of H!P for my H!P rankings XD)

Ozeki Mai - I have no clue why I disliked her to start (probably her hair in 2015, was not attractive when I found CG XD) but now she's grown on me. She's still my least favourite CG member, but hey.

Ikuta Erina - I used to hate her cold exterior, but now i've come to love it and I don't know why XD

Kaga Kaede - This dislike only lasted about 2 weeks, but I was really spiteful towards her because she got into MM instead of Ruru XD

The entirety of Juice=Juice - I don't have a reason, I just used to really hate J=J for no reason. The only member I have negative feelings towards now is Karin, and that's because she just looks really weird to me, and that turns me away from her XD

LIKE/LOVE ------> DISLIKE/HATE

Haga Akane & Ogata Haruna - When I got into MM properly (Around their single debut), I thought they were cute, but now I just find them really plain and boring (no clue why)

Wada Ayaka - She used to be really high in my rankings, back when I first found H!P, but overtime, watching her interact with the other members, appearing on tv and just general footage of her, i've come to majorly despise, loathe her. Hell, i'm gonna say it - HATE HER. She annoys me so much and she has now fallen to the very bottom of my H!P rankings.

Yajima Maimi - Same reasons as Ayaka really... I don't HATE her, but she is very low in my ranks now. She's super boring and annoying to me :( 

Kasahara Momona - Used to think she was cute, now she's just overrated imo

ANGERME as a whole - Used to love what the group was coming out with (2015 had some of H!P best songs in recent years coming from Angu) but both singles released since Kanon's grad have just been plain and uninteresting to me. TsugiTsugi was the only good song out of the 6 released.

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME THESE ARE ALL JUST MY OPINIONS AND IMPRESSIONS OF THE GIRLS. FEEL FREE TO TRY AND CHANGE MY MIND ON ANY OF THESE.

Morning Musume | Kobushi Factory | Momoiro Clover Z

Sato Masaki | Okamura Minami | Kitagawa Rio | Yokoyama Reina | Arisawa Ichika

Come join the H!P Fans Discord! Home to a 1200+ member community, brilliant staff, cool events and more! Invite link https://discord.gg/helloproject

#45 Sora-chan

Sora-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

I used to REALLY dislike Masaki, I found her super annoying and her fans are really outspoken about her so she was brought up so much. Only thing half decent about her was she deeply loved Reina and so did I lol and she was giving Reina a positive change that no other member had done before. But lately as Ive been slowly checking out MM again I realized shes actually pretty decent. All of current MM members are basically in a neutral feel to me.. well except Sakura I definitely define myself as liking her a lot out of all the members, and I think that helped me like Masaki as well because they get paired a bit lol. But the others are neutral so shes now no better or worse than any of them.

I dont wanna say I disliked but I consciously avoided and tried to make myself not like Reina when I first got into MM (Platinum Era at this time), too many lines and always in the spotlight and full of herself, my biased mind wanted Eri to have her spot XD But I also always understood why Reina got as many lines as she did.. the girl got a voice. After watching one of her pb makings I kinda just let myself sink into her fandom because I couldnt deny the interest any longer XD shes a too much of a fun performer very eye-catching. She was solidly my second favorite.

For the opposite going from like to dislike...

Mitsui Aika At first I had found Aika really beautiful and she got my attention and after a few months of trying to support her.... it kinda just dropped. And the way she sings was probably my most disliked, I can even handle Ayumi and Sayumi's predebut voices than hers.. She sung in like a weird low tone that barely let her words come out and it aggravated me lol I dont have anything against her as a person though shes a great girl.

And this one didnt really change but I didnt like Kusumi Koharu, at all. And I feel the members also found her pretty annoying and hard to deal with.. I felt she was a nuisance and was so extra, her voice ..god.. the pitch really hit my ears wrong all the time and it made me frown apond her and I also felt she threw off the family feel of Platinum Era

tumblr_nvb01ykwyw1tgdqiyo2_1280.jpg
~Nothing remains the same, but the memories last F o r e v e r < 3
Amazing Signature Made By ; Xiukki <3  Please check out their awesome work you wont regret it!

#46 peacelovehugs

peacelovehugs

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

I've always had a love hate relationship when it came to Michishige Sayumi. I always thought that she was really cute and I thought it was funny how she would claim that she was the cutest person ever (which I completely agree with). At the same time, I didn't like the way she could put others down to praise herself. I mean, I know a lot of it was an act for the cameras to an extent, but I didn't think it was nice and I always worried that she hurt other peoples feelings. But once Colorful Era started and she was surrounded by cute girls and she acknowledged they were cute as well, it just made everything better and I loved her even more! She became nicer and much more cute in a more mature way. 

It was sort of the same with Tsugunaga Momoko. I thought she was cute with her anime girl looks and I enjoyed her singing voice the most out of H!P Kids. She was always the girl I would be watching during concert performances. But then the pigtails with bows started and it disgusted me that a girl her age would wear her hair in such a way. Then, Berryz Koubou went on hiatus and she joined in with Country Girls; I was even more disgusted. She was even older now, how could she join with girls so much younger than her? She should have let them have their time in the spotlight! At least she ditched the pigtails and bows.

But then she announced she was graduating and I realized that I was going to miss her. I was disgusted by pigtails and bows? I completely overlooked her talent of singing, dancing, and stage presence which is so much more important. It was strange that she was dancing around with teenagers? I realized that she was teaching and mentoring them. She was teaching them not only how to be entertainers but how to be ladies at the same time. I was judging based mostly on appearance and Momoko is so much more than that. She is a respectable lady that really earned the title "idol" because so many girls can look up to her as a role model.

#47 Piiio

Piiio

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

I used to dislike Mizuki, or being neutral towards her. She was pretty bland for me - character-wise and look-wise. Then Fuku Dash happened and I started to love her. I still like her, but I'm back in being pretty neutral about her.

I also used to dislike Haruka. I don't really why. Probably because she was hyped up IMO and even though I thought she was cute, had an interesting voice, and was pretty funny actually, I wouldn't allow myself to say that I like her. Now I can proudly admit that she's one of my favorites in H!P XD

#48 Zucchipon

Zucchipon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:59 AM

I used to dislike Maria for a while back when she first joined, now she's close to being one of my favourite members. I think one of the reasons for that was during Zukki's last few months Maria was featured in a lot of Zukki's blog posts so I actually started paying more attention to Maria because of that lol

For the opposite, I used to really like Masaki but for the past year I've started to dislike her. These days I just find her annoying.

Ogata Haruna is another one I used to really like back when she first joined but now I've lost interest in her. Rather than disliking her I'm more neutral towards her.

ErinaAkane Kaede

#49 peacelovehugs

peacelovehugs

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

^ I feel the same about Maa-chan. I used to think that she was really cute and sweet. I loved that she was so silly and laughed a lot, even though she was a bit childish. It was acceptable because she was one of the youngest members. But she got older and didn't change, it was as she got even more childish - on the brink of immature. But when 12th generation joined she still acted that way and it's obnoxious. She's just too eccentric and immature now. Honestly, she reminded me of Tsuji and Kago when they were really young, but they calmed down and started growing up when 5th/6th gens joined the group. Now I'm just really hoping that Maa-chan grows up emotionally at the very least and doesn't make bad choices.

#50 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

I used to really dislike Asakura Kiki and Tanimoto Ami but now Kiki is my #1 and Ami is my #3. When Tsubaki first started activities Kiki was clearly designated to be the sole ace/center (whatever your word of choice may be) but by herself (or with Kishimon) she just didn't really work. Adding Saori and Mao has really made her come into her own as the center of the group. Ami's personality and character have really just opened up recently to me and I've realized I really like her

MizukiRina

Twitter

#51 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:00 PM

There's not a lot of members i dislike. I'd say Maria is pretty much the only one and i still dislike her and i doubt i will change my mind XD I didn't really cared about Rena Ogawa and now she's in my Kobushi members top 3. Same thing for Duu. I thought Oharu was cute when she joined. Now i found her gorgeous, adorable and hilarious.

Now, for the opposite, i've lost interest in Rei Inoue after a while. Same thing for Ayumi, Miki and Sakura.

There's probably more examples, but they're the only ones i have in mind yet XD

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#52 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:22 AM

Big Crush on Sayumi at first...now Im inlove with her.

Disliked Koharu at first but now I just plain hate her specially after that infamous radio show.

I liked Mizuki at first but now i just don't care about her.

I don't care about Kudo but now i really like her.

I liked Rihoriho first time but now I completely adore her.(i miss her so much)

I don't like Aika but now I'm now neutral on her.

Im neutral on Ai, Gaki, Kamei and Reina at first but now I love watching all old MM videos that includes them. Love them!

Used to like Masaki's antics but now I just can't stand her.

Hated Momoko...still feel the same.

Neutral on Airi...now I really like her.

Proud Usachan Creep

#53 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:42 AM

Momoko... oh my, I find her awful in every way. Always felt that way, and that terrible thing called Momochi is even worse. I admit she has a nice voice, but just looking at her... ugh!

Masaki. I used to love her, but with time, she started to get pushed too much, and in my opinion, it kinda got to her. I don't mind her antics, and maybe she's told by management to do it, but in every performance she adopts this smug face and that makes me dislike her. Same thing happened with Riho, but I discovered that was her face! 

In contrast, I didn't like Sakura at first. Didn't hate her, but she was uninteresting. She has been pushed from the very beginning, but she always has an angelic face. She is extremely nice and there's nothing in her personality that could make me dislike her. She's always so humble and has a great voice. Adore her now <3

MRkgm6i.png

#54 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Both my favorite Morning Musume members were like this.

When I first saw Tanaka Reina (I think it was in Kanashimi Twilight), I didn't like her. When I watch the video now I don't even know why, because she's gorgeous in it, but back then, she kind of gave off a bitchy feeling. That dislike didn't last long though - I got to like her because of her solo in Iroppoi Jirettai just a few days later. At first I didn't know it was the same girl, but when I found out about it, I was really shocked. I then watched her Solo DVD in Hawaii and got hooked. She became my favorite. ;)

And Kudo Haruka, well... I never disliked her, but I didn't want her to join the group. I found that 11 was way too young, so I was annoyed by her joining. One reason was that she looked out of place to me in the group due to her age. But actually, I was really worried about her and whether she'd be able to handle all the pressure. When she got older, like 14, I started to really like her.  And now she's my favorite. :)

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#55 MusubuDantotsu

MusubuDantotsu

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

For me there are not many strong changes of affection towards H!P idols.

Mostly Karin, Ogata Haruna and Akane.

Karin's cutesy felt in a negative way very fake to me, therefore I had an overall neutral opinion of her, because I nevertheless respected her singing abitlity.

Nowadays I like her, because I do appreciate her efforts and like even the over the top cuteness.

After the addition of the 12th gen in Morning Musume, I was quite salty, because I had wished for other members to join.

Even after I knew the girls better, I still disliked Haa-chin and Akane. I pretty much focussed on their weak points. I honstely regret that some of my posts in the past did relect that negative opinion.

In the recent time they both got quite pretty and much more interesting, so that I can really enjoy their strong points. Now I have an overall neutral to positive opinion of them.

#56 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

I don't especially hate any member, but I used to like Masaki's personality, she seemed to stand out to me (in a positive way). Now though, it just gets on my nerves. Some performances I wish she'd just follow what everyone else is doing haha. I also don't get why the fans label everything she does as "genius" when most things are pretty average. With that said, my feelings toward her are NOWHERE near hate, she's just too much for my tastes.

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#57 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

^I agree. having an understanding of music theory doesn't make you a genius lol

MizukiRina

Twitter

#58 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

When they first joined MM I really disliked Mizuki and Iikubo for a while. But now they are both my favorite members!

#59 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

Oh, and I'm still waiting to see if Risa and Riko grow on me too, I don't like how they look in MVs, it looks as if they're bored or something (mostly Riko). I really think they're too serious in MVs, I think they should do better with their expressions. I sort of feel this way about Ami too but to a lesser extent for some reason.

After seeing Tsubaki Factory's new single, Risa has just gone up 1 place in my rank (i.e I think I like her more than Ami now :ph34r:). I think she was nice in the PVs, I got to see more of her than just "blank expressions" :) In fact, if Tsubaki 2nd gen had never happened, I'm sure she'd be my third favorite after Yumeno and Kiki, I think I've finally "discovered her charm" XD

My feelings towards Riko improved too, I still don't loooove her but she was OK in this single. At least i'm not like "are you really trying Riko? :c11: :unsure: " anymore. Ami was better in this single too. The girls are improving :) :good:

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#60 yeahman

yeahman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

I didn't really like Asukara Kiki when Tsubaki just formed. She just looked really awkward and I have some memory of her looking cross eyed at times. But at some point I realised she was actually really cute especially when she smiles and her eyes are really small. So yeah now she's like top 3 in Tsubaki for me (with Kishimon and Ami)

I don't especially hate any member, but I used to like Masaki's personality, she seemed to stand out to me (in a positive way). Now though, it just gets on my nerves. Some performances I wish she'd just follow what everyone else is doing haha. I also don't get why the fans label everything she does as "genius" when most things are pretty average. With that said, my feelings toward her are NOWHERE near hate, she's just too much for my tastes.

I used to kinda like her antics and the way she presented herself. I guess it's because she was still young and brash. But now after so many years sometimes I feel like she should be more mature and sometimes temper herself for the better of the group/performance. I'm sure alot will feel like she should just embrace who she is and do what she wants, but I just can't feel that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users