Photo

Have you ever come to love a member you really disliked first (and vice versa)?

Hello! Project Morning Musume Berryz Koubou C-ute Tsubaki Factory Kobushi Factory Country Girls Angerme Juice=Juice Hello! Pro Kenshuusei

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

It's still early days for tsubaki factory but I'm starting to like Kisora more. I hated her at first and didn't see how people seemed to like her. She's really cute in the performances for the latest single so I might start changing my mind on her.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#22 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

Oh damn, this is going to take some time.

Morning Musume

Oharu - I was shocked when she got in, or rather I was shocked when I saw her singing and dancing. Damn, she was stiff and tonedeaf and had such a low volume. But she's definitely grown on me. She can't beat Akane but she's my 2nd fave 12ki, and in the upper half of my overall current MM ranking.

Duu - I thought she was super bossy and rude when she just joined, and at that point I really hated the idea of a "baby" joining the group (I mean she was even younger than Riho and Kanon who were babies at that time, too). Nowadays she's one of my favourite members.

Riho - Yupp, like many have felt, I also thought Riho was ... fake. Or rather, too calculating. However after 2-3 years I've come to develop a deep respect for her.

Erina - Now for something the other way around: Erina was my favourite during the 9ki audition. Then her first year (or was it the first two years?) was so awkward, she was a total photobomb, her character was annoying and I hated that she was gushing over Gaki. She never really left bottom tier for me, to be honest. She's not the lowest in my ranking, though.

Sayumi - I also wasn't the biggest fan of Sayumi. Her "I'm the cutest"-character wasn't appealing to my teenage self at all, and every time I looked up MM during Platinum Era she was a bit too much for me. However, especially after Gaki graduated she's toned it down and I've come to respect her idol career a lot.

Gaki - She nearly lost my admiration during her last few months. She looked so tired and as if she didn't care anymore. I'm sure I'm doing her wrong, but graduating saved her for me.

Kei - I really thought Kei was ugly and annoying. Man, was I wrong. But maybe Kei is one of these people that you come to admire once you get older.

Berryz Koubou

Miyabi - I've run zigzag with Miyabi. She was my favourite member from the start, but at some point I lost interest in her. Towards the end of Berryz I turned to her again.

Juice=Juice

Karin - I really didn't like her at all, and it took me until last year to find her appealing. I mean I was around when she was still an Egg and everybody and their grandmas wanted her to join MM. There were some really, really annoying hardcore fans (who, hilariously, vanished once she debuted in J=J). Nowadays though? Solid.

Kobushi Factory

Hamachan - Hamachan was my favourite Kenshuusei and I was really happy to see her debut. However, while she's pushed a lot, I feel like she vanishes a bit in the group. Other members have caught my attention much more fiercely.

Rena - I thought she was really pretty and would become a visual for Kobushi, but she's faded into the background and her performing skills aren't as high as I hoped.

Taguchi - I think I really disliked Taguchi when she first debuted lol. I hated her brows and her constant "meh" or "get me out of here" look. Nowadays I know that she's really funny, I love how she throws shade.

Tsubaki Factory

Risa - I thought it was a mistake to let her debut. She didn't appeal to me at all. And then I heard her sing. (She's my 2nd fave in the group now.)

Ami - I was really angry at her in the beginning, the fact that she didn't move to Tokyo despite being the least experienced member (and, no offense, least talented one) in the group made me think that she should get as many lessons as possible. However I realised that she tries, and she's improved a bit. Maybe not in singing, but in stage appeal.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#23 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

The notorious Sayashi Riho. She was my main target of hatred because she was only two months older than Zukki but she got ALL. THE. LINES.

But now I really like her, if she wasn't the ace, I would've surely stan-ed her. 

I first saw Zukki in the one two three video and I hated that she looked so different and unconfident compared to the others. But she grew on me so much because of that one little clip of Renai Hunter and I can't get attached to any other girl.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#24 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

Late teen / early twenties me did not like Sayumi at all. She couldn't sing, couldn't dance, was very conceited on tv shows, and could be flat out rude (poison-tongue) to other tv show guests. But then I started listening to her radio show, and reading Youngtown Doyoubi summaries, and began to warm up to her when Platinum Era kicked off. The final nail in the coffin was when she got her gree blog, and we got a real look at her and how much she genuinely cared about fans, staff, members, guests... and had ordinary worries like her acne breakouts and seeing family more often. Chayuu is now Queen.

From the audition footage we had for the 10ki members, I remember thinking I specifically didn't want Masaki. Like several others on here, I was rooting for Sara and her unique vocals. Masaki came across as very blasé about the whole thing and didn't appear to care one way or another if she made it (which I now understand is a natural RBF). Uhg, but her hilarious antics, pure childlike behavior (which has been tempered as she gets older), work ethic, and love of MM won me over. I love the kid.

As far as other non-Musume groups, I'm pretty DD. There's members I start off questioning (Kaga, most recently), but I typically I start off being okay with everyone, but can naturally lose interest over time (Niigaki, Chisato, Kikkawa).

There are only two H!P members I can say I honestly came to truly dislike on a fundamental level. Fukuda Kanon and Yaguchi Mari (who I adored and even did blog translations for). Fukuda's personality and attitude always turned me off, and I was honestly excited when I heard news of her graduation. Not gonna lie... only person I've been thrilled to see go. Yaguchi on the other hand was a betrayal. I grew up looking up to her as a hard-working role model. As a young adult, I thought she was someone I could follow for life and anxiously awaited for her to become an idol mama. Then she committed adultery. Know how all those people felt betrayed and mortified when more and more accusations about Bill Cosby started coming out? Yeah, that's how I felt. Very salty. Much bitterness.

#25 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:58 AM

I used to like Haruka and Mizuki several years ago when they first joined. But now I don't really like either of them. There is something about Haruka that just really bugs me now. I thought it was her hairstyle for the longest time (as petty as that sounds) but I do like the other short haired members. I think it mainly has to do with her personality and how fake and overdone it seems. I'm sure she and Mizuki are nice girls though.

On the other hand, I used to not like Ayumi, Airi, Sayuki and a few others. But now they're among my favorites in the groups. I also didn't care for Dawa much back in 2012 since I found her voice irritating, but she shot up the ranks a lot as well.

#26 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:59 AM

^^I agree about Masaki. Well, specifically when I saw her in the first part of the audition I though she wasn't very pretty (messy hair and no makeup probably contributed to that) and not very talented. She seemed like one of the "project girls". Like maybe Aika, and I figured that if she got in she'd be like Aika, mostly hated all around. She started to prove me wrong when she came back after the break to do her final audition and suddenly she actually knew the dance and her singing was way better and when they showed her being told she'd gotten in and she was just giggling uncontrollably I thought it was such a charming reaction. She's only gone up from there to be one of my favorites!

For the girl who I've switched my opinions negatively, probably Kisora comes to mind. I thought she was really cute in her KSS days, but I feel like she's gotten less attractive somehow, and it bothers me that she hardly ever smiles during performances. When I saw her doing Chokotto Love at the H!p summer concert and looking serious and angry the whole time I came to dislike her as a performer. She should be better at her facial expressions now and it's almost like she's gotten worse.

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#27 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:59 AM

When I first started following H!P, I developed a mild disliking for Maro, Risako and Miyabi.  It was because they reminded me by their looks and/or apparent attitude of various girls who tormented me in high school!  After observing them for awhile, I grew to like them.

I can't think of any members I came to dislike.

#MAGA

#28 ✮DanDan✮

✮DanDan✮

Too kawaii to live too kakkoii to die (⌐■_■)

• Senpai
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:05 AM

I used to hate Dawa when I first became a fan. I don't know why, but now I absolutely love her. Same with Karin and Rikako I didn't know them but every time there was an audition or anything everyone would act like they would burn H!P to the ground if they didn't get in, and it wasn't the girls' fault at all but I stayed away from them, but now that they've debuted I like Karin and I adore Rikako. 

I'm still waiting for Tsubaki to develop because I'm indifferent toward them right now, but I know later on I'll start to warm up to them.

Posted Image
~Thank you Sprinklebuns for my Siggy You are the awesomest~

#29 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:18 AM

Chisato Okai went through a period were her "mean tease" & derisive humor just was not funny. She would pick on Saki Nakajima to the point Nacky would be very hurt.  For a long time I did not like her for that.   One day, after Chisa humiliated Nacky, Airi Suzuki told her she would not cooperate unless Nacky was included.   That seemed to change things.  Okai got better at being funny and I like her a lot more today.  

#30 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

I used to dislike Reina when I first saw MM. I thought she is too full of herself and annoying. Then she became my favorite.

I used to like Koharu until I watched Haromoni and experienced her screeching, then I heard about what she said about MM and I just lost any interest in her.

I disliked Eripon when she was trying too hard and was making this whiny annoying voice. Now she isnt high in my list but I dont dislike her. I think she is cool.

#31 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Disliked at first: Aika, now she's in my Kami 8 MM.
Liked at first: Maria. She was so cute and innocent on 11 audition, but after joining MM I was quickly thrown off by her annoying character.

Hated at first but don't care now a bit: Karin. Her popularity dropping dramatically (or rather, her vocal fans going silent) after her debut helped that a lot :P

May add more later.

caCYGi9.jpg

#32 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

Hm I didn't think I had many but now looking back I had quite a few switches lol

MM 8th gen. I loved Linlin, disliked Junjun. Was upset that whenever one of the two was pushed forward (which wasn't often) it was always Junjun, even though she couldn't sing for shit lol. A few months before I "officially" started to stan MM, I ended up growing more fond of Junjun and became less interested Linlin. By the time they released the 11th album I loved Junjun and had no feelings for Linlin at all. Although I must admit, Reina and Junjun being close is probably what made this happen lol. 

MM 10th gen. LOVED Ayumi. HATED Ikubo. Had no opinion on MaaDuu, but I put Duu above Maa most of the time. Ayumi was the perfect rival for Riho and i loved that (at the time, i preferred ayumi over riho), and i just couldn't understand why or how haruna got into the group lol. It pretty much went Ayumi >>>> Duu >> Maachan >>>>>>>>>> Haruna from PPU to Brainstorming. When Reina graduated my favorites list went all over the place and didn't really settle down until Toki Sora which at that point it became Haruna << Maachan < Ayumi <<< Duu. At present, Maachan is now my current oshimen in MM, and Haruna a close second. I still like Ayumi a lot, she's like how I felt about Oshima Yuko. Duu however just isn't catching my interest and hasn't been able to do so since 2012 if i'm being honest. 

Smileage 1st gen. Loved Yuuka, disliked Maro. I actually loved Yuuka all the way up until she graduated, and only started to like her less after her graduation due to everyone commenting on how Smileage was dead without her while 2nd gen where trying their best. I kind of ended up resenting her a little. As for Maro, I disliked her all the way up Angerme started. I clearly remember declaring on my twitter that I finally loved Maro, and less than a week later she announced her graduation rip

Angerme 2nd gen. I adored Aiai from the moment she joined the KSS programme, whereas I didn't know Murotan existed lol. When Aiai joined Angerme I was delighted, but the more I saw all of the 2nd gen, the more i grew fond of Murotan. By the time Meimi graduated Murotan became my new Angerme oshimen. I still love Aiai though, she's still 2nd in my angerme list so it doesn't really count ^^;

In terms of oshimen, Maachan is the only one who i went from disliking to loving. Reina, Riho, Meimi and Murotan have been gems for me since the start

As for members I straight up did not like from the beginning until the very end, Kusumi Koharu and Danbara Ruru. I just can't see the appeal 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#33 Chuchusummerparty

Chuchusummerparty

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

I didn't like Akane and Maria at the beginning, but now they've really grown on me. On the other hand, I quite liked Miki and Oharu at the beginning but I lost interest soon after.

#34 cjkuma

cjkuma

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

i can honestly say that i barely noted Aikawa Maho and Nonaka Miki during their debut singles.

Maho ended up becoming my favorite ANGERME member after her duet of Shooting Star with Ayacho, and once Zukki graduated, she became my #1 H!P idol overall.

Miki is in my top 3 current Momusu members because of how much she...shines? For lack of better word, her singing and dancing is really great and she seems really happy to be a part of the group.

Morning MusumeKaga KaedeMorito ChisakiIikubo Haruna / ANGERME:  Katsuta Rina, Takeuchi Akari. Kawamura Ayano

Juice=Juice: Miyazaki YukaMiyamoto Karin, Kanazawa Tomoko / Tsubaki Factory: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, Ono Mizuho

Country Girls: Ozeki Mai / Kobushi Factory: Wada Sakurako, Hirose Ayaka / Other: Kiyono Momohime, Takase Kurumi

KSS: Ono Kotomi, Yonemura Kirara

#35 DD7

DD7

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:13 AM

Riho: Like a lot of people I didn't like Riho at first. I thought she got too much attention and was unfairly put in the center all the time. By the time she left she was my #2 in mm right behind Zukki and in my top 5 MM members of all time.

Eripon: I started off liking Eripon a lot but in the last year i've begun to lose interest. I'm still really happy for her whenever she gets solo lines though since I hated her being stuck in the back. She didn't drop to the bottom of my ranking but she's no longer at the top either.

MM 10th gen: At first I didn't like 10th gen as a whole. Especially Ayumi and Maachan becasue I thought It was unfair that they got pushed over Eripon and Zukki. I felt like Haruka's character felt very false and forced and Harunan just wasn't impressing me with her singing or dancing. As time when on and as they all improved I grew to like all of them and respect them as members. I especially grew to appreciate Ayumi's stage presence. She's really an amazing performer! 

MM 12th gen: At first I loved Miki and Oharu and didn't like Maria and Akane. I think it was mostly because there were other KSS that I would have preferred at the time (Kaede especially) rather than anything to do with them specifically. Now Maria is my 2nd fav member and Akane goes back and forth between #3 and #4. While on the other hand I've lost a lot of interest in Miki and Oharu. I definitely wouldn't say I dislike them but I just don't follow them as much.  

Angerme: I didn't like Maho initially because she just seemed so awkward and out of place. Quickly I grew to love that about her and she became my #2 in Angerme after Meimi and then my #1 after she graduated. 

Juice=Juice: For some reason I didn't like Kanatomo. I honestly can't remember why since I love her now. Sometimes even more than my #1 and #2 Sayuki and Karin. 

Country Girls: I didn't like the group as a whole when they debuted. I wasn't the individual members but more their image and music style. I don't know what change but now I like them and even go back and listen to their first single all the time, which I used to hate. Even though its not my fav style the songs are really catchy so even when I don't like them they all end up stuck in my head lol. 

Current: (MM) Kaede Miki Sakura (A) Moe Shion (JJ) Ruru Rei Ichika (TF) Yumeno (BYD): Momohime Kokoro Reina (Ocha): Kanami Kirara Natsume Kss: Ayana Karin Yulia Graduated: Zukki Riho 48 Groups: Cuca

#36 Yasser96

Yasser96

まりでぃー

• Senpai
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

I hated Rio. Especially in the S/mileage 2nd gen audition I really didn't want her to debut at all. It was her really weird, overly exciting dancing that threw me off completely. Now Rio and Ayaka are me 2 favourite members from Kobushi.

藤本美貴  亀井絵里 • 道重さゆみ • 田中れいな • 6期メンバー最高!

#37 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

I disliked Risako when I first got into Berryz because I didn't like the fact that she couldn't sing too well and yet was always given a lot of lines, I thought the other less-featured members deserved some of her lines and was kinda angry/upset, I didn't find her attitude too likeable either. But Risako really improved over the years and earned her main vocalist position with time, she also became one of my favorite voices in H!P and BK. I still think in the early years Tsunku should have given more lines to the other girls and a little less to Risako (because she sounded pretty ok recorded but live she pretty much screamed her lines) but I'm glad she was part of Berryz Kobo, it just wouldn't be the same without her (the same with the other members, they're all special) and after some time I realized Risako wasn't so bad, she has her lovable side, I came to like her a lot even though she didn't become my favorite or anything. Looking back I almost can't believe how much I disliked her. I ♥ Rii now.

As for a reverse example... I used to like these two members from another H!P group when they were young girls but as they became older I started stopping really liking them, I don't think they're bad people but I don't like how they act as idols/in MV's, I know everyone changes as they become adults but I miss the more simple and sweet girls they used to be. Now they're like "oh, look, I'm so smexy" even in songs that aren't sexy and I'm like "quit it, please T__T", I find it so annoying.

Oh, and I'm still waiting to see if Risa and Riko grow on me too, I don't like how they look in MV's, it looks like they're bored or something (mostly Riko). I really think they're too serious on MVs, I think they should do better with their expressions. I sort of feel this way about Ami too but to a lesser extent for some reason.

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#38 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Haruna Ogata. I liked her a lot at the beginning, but shortly after that, her character and personality started to get on my nerves. She's like trying to be funny, but falls flat and it's embarrassing. I could go on... but she's at the bottom of my MM ranking.

MRkgm6i.png

#39 sillykitty

sillykitty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:19 AM

When she first joined I thought Kudo Haruka was a complete brat (to be fair to me, she kind of was a bit) but she seems to have grown in to her personality and now is probably my second favourite 10th gen after Harunan.

On the other hand, I had really high hopes for Ishida around 123 but now I feel like she's just sort of stagnating... (please don't kill me)

I thought Chisaki was bland and forgetable at first but now I think she's one of the most adorable girls in all of h!p

#40 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

Harunan. I didn't dislike her, exactly. But I had absolutely no idea why she was there. She looked very awkward and gangling to me, couldn't sing, couldn't dance... and well, she still kinda can't sing, and her dancing isn't great, even though she's improved a LOT. But I absolutely adore her now, think she's bloody gorgeous, and she just seems so nice and funny. I think if I actually knew the girls, Harunan would be the one I would get along with the best.

There isn't really anyone I can think of that's gone the opposite way, from like to dislike. Honestly there's only ever been one member who I have actually hated, who shall remain nameless, as I don't want to start any fights or anything. But this member would always fill me with an "Urgh!" feeling whenever I saw her and I was so glad when she graduated.

There's also one member from the current line-up whom I really dislike, but wouldn't exactly say I hate (certainly not like I hated the previously mentioned member), who shall also remain nameless for the same reason lol.

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users