Photo

Have you ever come to love a member you really disliked first (and vice versa)?

Hello! Project Morning Musume Berryz Koubou C-ute Tsubaki Factory Kobushi Factory Country Girls Angerme Juice=Juice Hello! Pro Kenshuusei

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

Give your reasons, and use the word "dislike" rathen than "hate". You can't hate somebody you don't know personally. ;)

- I disliked Kaedii so much to the point when it was announced that 13kies would be KSS, that she was my no.1 candidate for the "pls just not her" list. I always found her arrogant for some reason, but ever since she's in and I got to now her more, I'm really hooked, and she's close to getting in my top 3 MM members.
- Not that big of a shift, but I always found Nomura Minami kinda "fake" when she was on stage. But it was probably because she was just too nervous, or weird, and since she started to came out of her shell since the Kobushi debut, I no longer have any problems with her, although she didn't become my favourite, like Kaedii.

- On the other hand when S/mileage / Angerme 2nd gen came, I really, really liked Kananan, but something changed and now I'm not really fond of her. I can't put my finger on why though.

#2 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:31 PM

^ I felt the same with Kaedii, I really just didn't get a good feeling from her in KSS. I don't love her yet but it's definitely not a feeling of dislike anymore.

I had a weird dislike for Akane when she joined, I don't even remember why. I just totally didn't like her.

Obviously that changed, lol

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#3 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:41 AM

I honestly didn't like Sayumi for the longest time before I saw the light. I also wasn't super fond of Risako and suddenly I was just like "why?! She's great?!"

On the flip side Nacchi used to be my fave but now I'm pretty lukewarm about her.

#4 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

I use to reallllly like Masaki, like she use to be top 10 H!P rank wise, but ever since like 2015 she's just been that member I absolutely can not stand.

But opposite with Nanami, when she first joined CG I though she was plain and boring and ranked her bottom 10 of H!P now she's my CG oshi, and like top five idols. 

HLxdmXb.png

#5 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:05 AM

I found Rikako and Hama-chan were just limited talent cuties that would become idols just based on their looks (and popularity). Man, was I wrong. They must be the hardest working idols in HP because they sure aren't the girls I saw performing with the Kenshuusei, 3 years ago. They were pretty bad back then.

Today, both are solid all-around performers. I admire that. Their trainers should get some credit too.

#6 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

When 10th Gen joined I really disliked Ayumi, now she's my favorite in MM. Not sure what caused the change it just happened.

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#7 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

I use to reallllly like Masaki, like she use to be top 10 H!P rank wise, but ever since like 2015 she's just been that member I absolutely can not stand.

But opposite with Nanami, when she first joined CG I though she was plain and boring and ranked her bottom 10 of H!P now she's my CG oshi, and like top five idols. 

this is me

#8 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:32 AM

Kaedy lol

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#9 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

The notorious Sayashi Riho. She was my main target of hatred because she was only two months older than Zukki but she got ALL. THE. LINES.

But now I really like her, if she wasn't the ace, I would've surely stan-ed her. 

I first saw Zukki in the one two three video and I hated that she looked so different and unconfident compared to the others. But she grew on me so much because of that one little clip of Renai Hunter and I can't get attached to any other girl.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#10 Ribon

Ribon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

Riho.

I was one of those people who, in the beginning, thought she was smug/full of herself. 

I also remember being angry about her getting so many lines.

As time went on, more so around late 2014 or early 2015, I finally warmed up to her, and I considered her my favorite in MM.

243euza.gif

CG: Manaka 

KSS: Ayano, T. Kurumi

#11 Ella Bee

Ella Bee

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1255 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

I used to think Rina from S/mileage/Angerme was the absolute worst ever. I just really felt that she contributed absolutely nothing. Nowadays she's more than passable and she at least has some presence in the group.

I used to love Eripon but nowadays I feel like she just doesn't care anymore and I've kinda lost respect for her. I'm still happy when she gets lines though.

Morning Musume - Kaede || C-ute - Airi || ANGERME - Kamiko || Juice=Juice - Sayubee || Country Girls - Musubu || Kobushi Factory - Rio || Tsubaki Factory - Kiki

#12 I♥Sayumi

I♥Sayumi

I♥Sayumi

• Senpai
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

Ayumi is probably the closest member I "dislike" when she was chosen as 10th gen, because I'm rooting for someone else during the audition and I thought Ayumi don't look like an idol. But her personality and talent can't be denied and grew to like her quickly. now she's on the upper tier of my favorite members, she's not one of my oshi but I really do like her.

#13 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:48 AM

I would use "not too interested" rather than "dislike".. LOL

Sayuki, Nanami, Minami, RioRio, Murotan

#14 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

15 year old me HATED Kudo Haruka like I thought she was just the worst. Now I love her and can recognize all the hard work shes done over the years

MizukiRina

Twitter

#15 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

I would use "not too interested" rather than "dislike".. LOL

I couldn't find a less offensive word for expressing negativity. XD "not too interested" is little bit different. There are lots of idols I'm not interested in all that much, but there are very few that I'm bothered by. :)

It also matters which process you write. If you disliked someone in the past, and say "hated", it's not that big of a deal because:
- You now love her
- Therefore, you have the right to say you once hated her
- Because in the times you hated her, you didn't use this word to express your dislike, if you did, fans probably slaughtered you. :ph34r:
So if you used to love someone, and you've come to "hate" them you might have a bad time here. :P

#16 Snowflake

Snowflake

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

I really disliked Sasaki Rikako ever since her Kenshuusei days and I wasn't happy at all when she was put in my favorite group. But recently I've started to like her quite a lot. She's definitely not my favorite but I don't hate her and I admire her.
Also Sayashi Riho. I didn't like her at first because of the same reasons as everyone probably but very soon I came to love her and when she graduated she was my favorite member.

The other way around, I used to be a huge Kudo Haruka fan around when Lilium was released but now I just can't bring myself to like her. Sayumi was my favorite member at one point but I lost interest in her due various reasons.

Then there's Hamaura Ayano who I used to love in her Kenshuusei days. When she was put in KF I noticed she was my least favorite and I actually disliked her. Now I like her again, not as much as I used to but still like. Something alike happened with Inaba Manaka but I never really disliked her.

Fall Down Seven Times, Stand up Eight 

Nana Korobi Ya Oki 

#17 arden

arden

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

Several Times in MM!
I hated Rika, only liked her after her graduation in MM
I hated Natsumi, liked her after her graduation
I hated Koharu, liked her since Nanchatte Renai
I hated Eri, liked her after her graduation after i watched several "throwing" challenges with Risa
I hated Erina from debut, 9th in then-current rank, liked her since Coupling Best 2 and became top 2 after ayumi. XD
I hated Masaki, liked her since MM15
Current hated member is Maria. XD

I loved Riho, but kinda meh towards the end when she got the spotlight too much.
I loved Mari, but i kinda got annoyed with her for some reason during in MM
I loved Sayumi during 6th gen announcement, then i heard her sing, omg No. then i began to love her again during Platinum Era

And the rest is either i super love them or they're ok. But eventually, every Musume will be loved. Hahaha. Im just waiting for the time when ill like Maria

#18 chuchippon

chuchippon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

At first I really didn't like Momona when she first joined and hated the fact that management threw her in the group just to keep 9 members. She was only 12, a bit awkward, her singing was unstable and her dancing was meh. I was not okay that this was the girl that replaced Meimi. To me it just seemed like she wasn't ready to debut. But after seeing her live, I couldn't help but smile at how joyful and happy she looks on stage. Like just look at the girl go! lol She seemed a bit reserved in the beginning, but now I start to see more of her character and her love for fishes is just so cute! Glad management decided to give her a chance.  :good:

上國料萌衣  室田瑞希 佐々木莉佳子 笠原桃奈 小関舞 船木結 梁川奈々美 加賀楓

#19 vittoryxe

vittoryxe

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

Eripon..
When i first got into mm she was the only member that i absolutely could not stand.
And around a year and a half ago or two years ago, ive really warmed up to her and shes among my favorite mm members.

Vise versa id say Daishi.
Its not that i dont like her/hate her, but she used to be my oshi in mm, and recently i just dont pay any attention to her at all.
Same goes for Rinapuu...

牧野真莉愛

段原瑠々船木結笠原桃奈和田桜子井上玲音谷本安美小野瑞歩

江口紗耶野口胡桃工藤由愛井上ひかる橋迫鈴山﨑夢羽松永里愛

#20 Konohita

Konohita

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

I used to like Ayumi a lot since the One Two Three single, she was my favorite 10 gen member, I loved her hair style and voice. But since Sayumi graduated, I'm not really interested in her, and I don't know why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users