Photo

Which colours would you give to Hello! Project groups?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

In idol groups such as the Hello! Project ones, members are assigned a colour in their group. That makes them easily recognizable, and is useful for merchandising and for example for wotas with their king blades.

There's been a time, during the Mobekimasu era, when groups were given a colour. If we were to do the same today, which colours would you give to the H!P groups? That may not be just a imagination exercise, for example, that may help distinguishing groups in H!P concerts (although discussing the relevance of such a thing isn't the main subject of this topic in my view). You can either describe the colours, or change the font colour accordingly.

In fact, this topic has another goal. If we want to make rankings, pollings or lists of members (for example, the 2016 H!O general election), we have to give groups colours, and because there isn't anything standardized in that matter, anyone can come up with any colouring, which doesn't make things very clear when several people use different colour codes. Thus the topic is also here to find a standardized way to give colours to groups.

So I'll begin with mine:

Morning Musume。 I don't really like the "red=ace" thing, but I think I unconciously applied this to groups. Since MM is the flagship group, yeah, red. Fits the Mobekimasu colour.

°C-ute Well, cute->pink, don't know, makes sense. Fits the Mobekimasu colour.

ANGERME <- that should be white, but we wouldn't see anything. A sense of freshness, purity, and also inspired by their logo. Fits the Mobekimasu colour of S/mileage at the time.

Juice=Juice Yeah, when I think juice, I think orange juice, thus orange...

Country Girls Country -> green. But I don't like greens that are too flashy. So a flashy green nonetheless, but not that flashy.

Kobushi Factory A lighter blue than Berryz Koubou's one with Mobekimasu. They are the "successors" after all, but I thought a darker blue wouldn't suit them that well, because they're still young and energetic.

Tsubaki Factory Besides being a colour I didn't already give to other groups, I'd see them as maybe a more refined group, and besides that, I can't really give any explanation other than "violet fits them well".

Hello! Pro Kenshuusei <- yeah I know a yellow font really hurts, sorry. The two arguments I have would be: that's a colour I didn't give to any group yet, and that's the colour of their famous T-shirts.

Hello! Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaidou A lighter yellow because I think we should separate KSS from Hokkaidou KSS in the colouring, and I took the standard yellow KSS colour and added a bit of white because well, Hokkaidou -> snow -> white.

Finally, I can't find any colour for Buono!, maybe something like black since they were supposed to be more rock. However, I don't think we'll hear anything from the group anymore, so I'll leave it as it is.

You can see that I've given the three (traditional) primary colours and the three secondary ones, plus pink. Because... idols, obviously. I think that makes them clearer and gives them identities.

v good idea

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#2 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:24 AM

Writing group names in bold, to see colours better.
Morning Musume - Red for the flagship group
C-ute - Even tho they aren't all that cute anymore (I mean they throw out a cute song here and there, but they are more like adult artists now), I still can't think of any other colour for them.
Angerme - Dark blue for a cool group.
Juice=Juice - To me they are an "otonappoi" group. And I just remember purple whenever I think about them.
Country Girls - Hard one, because they are very diverse, and can be cute and elegant as well. So I'll just go with a colour that fits the childish and the adult style as well.
Kobushi Factory - Very energetic group, and I think they fit green the most out of all groups.
Tsubaki Factory - Pure and fresh group, somewhat elegant, mostly pastel colours. Light blue, IDK why. XD Light pink would suit them better, but I guess I can't give it to them until C-ute leaves.
KSS - I remembered their black shirts with yellow text. XD
Hokkaido KSS - Something close to white, but not quite (rhyme not intended XD ) White for newbies seems like a trend in H!P nowadays, and as mentioned before, it can be associated with snow.

(Buono! to me would be dark pink)

#3 Muyim Pimoup

Muyim Pimoup

Micky Chelsea Fieldmiddle

• Senpai
  • 2802 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

Morning Musume -> Red. Because flagship group,,

C-ute -> Pink. Because pink is cute,, XD

Angerme -> White. Angel is white,, 0:-) (That Angerme by the way,, XD)

Juice=Juice -> Green. Because green is nature color and juice is natural beverage,, XD

Country Girls -> Yellow. Because yellow is mature grass color in the countryside,,  :ph34r:

Kobushi Factory -> Blue. Because blue is strong and cool. Also if your face get Kobushi'ed it will be blue.  :cold:  x_x

Tsubaki Factory -> Light Pink. Because it is elegant and soft color.  :wub:

Buono -> Black. Because rock and metal is associated with black. XD

KSS -> Grey. Because they are still simple but can change into any color with hue addition,,

Hokkaido KSS -> Navy Blue. Because that what Hokkaido flag color background is,, 

ITEwlYD.png

H!O GENERAL ELECTION 2023 IS OPEN!!!

VOTE AT https://www.hello-on...-election-2023/

#4 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

Morning Musume - Red - flagship group

C-ute - Gold

Angerme - White - White are for angels

Juice=Juice - Blue - a lot of J=J's costumes are shades of blue and they suit the group.

Country Girls - Purple - IMO, Purple has "Country" feeling.

Kobushi Factory - Green - Energetic

Tsubaki Factory - Pink - Graceful

#5 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

I've been actually pretty ok with the official colours, especially these ones:

Country Girls - Green - because nature, duh.

Kobushi - Red - because they're energetic.

Tsubaki - Purple - because purple is elegant. Not sure if that's the route Tsubaki is going, but I wouldn't mind.

Those that I'd change:

°C-ute - Pink. I don't like them having light blue (because honestly? why?). Even yellow was a better colour for °C-ute because it stuck out. I get that they're older now and therefore more mature, but since Berryz was blue I thought them getting light blue was lame. Pink is cute, °C-ute, y'know. I wouldn't mind yellow either, though. Like G-Uemura said, it could be called gold or something.

Morning Musume - Bright Pink - I mean MM having red is... logical. They're the main group, they've had red since they're doing group colours, etc. But I really want Kobushi to have red haha. Since they're still somewhat electric (not full EDM anymore, but still) I'd go with a bright colour. Therefore, bright pink.

ANGERME - Yellow - I don't mind light pink for ANGERME. I wouldn't mind bright pink either, or red. In general, I think most bright colours work for ANGERME. I chose yellow because we really need something different haha.

Juice=Juice - Blue - they're the mature group now. Orange is such a weird colour for J=J. I mean there's lots of orange coloured juices... but they're the most mature group after °C-ute, and they're the oldest (age-wise) after °C-ute's graduation, too.

KSS - Grey/Silver - I know that yellow is the go-to colour for the KSS because of their shirts, but they're basically empty pages with stories waiting to be written on them. White would be ok, too.

KSS Hokkaido - darker variation of Grey/Silver - because... they're the same haha.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#6 YellowAccel

YellowAccel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5038 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

For me it's:

Morning Musume: I don't think i need to explain why since a lot of people think the same thing XD

Juice=Juice: The first thing that come to my mind when i hear "Juice" is "Orange Juice" XD

Country Girls: Grass is green XD. Yellow work too.

Angerme: Dark blue fit the "cool" side of the group and since their name comes from the French word for "tears", i think blue is a good color.

Kobushi Factory: I don't really have a color in mind for them TBH, so i chosed a random bright color XD

Tsubaki Factory: Not sure why, but i always associated the girls with this color.

°C-ute: Pink is considered a girl(y) color, so i think it work with the name, but i don't mind the light blue.

MM: 1.Rio 2.Maria 3.Haruka 3. A: 1.Rikako 2.Rin 3.Yuki JJ: 1.Ichika 2. Sakura 3.Riai TF:  1.Shiori 2.Mizuho 3.Yuumi Beyooonds : 1.Rika 2.Kokoro 3.Honoka 

ON : 1.Sumire 2.Natsume 

#7 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

Mine is pretty standard and logical for their groups lol 

The "big three" get the primary colour's

°C-ute

Morning Musume。
Angerme

Themed groups get colours according to theme
Juice=Juice (when i think juice, i see purple)
Country Girls (when i think of the country side, i see grass lol)

New Gen groups 
Kobushi Factory
Tsubaki Factory

Trainee's 
Hello!Pro KSS
KSS Hokkaido

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#8 Jenksy

Jenksy

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

Morning Musume

ANGERME

Juice=Juice

Country Girls

Kobushi Factory

Tsubaki Factory

KSS

Not adding C-ute because they are leaving.

#9 chuchippon

chuchippon

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Morning Musume

ANGERME

Juice=Juice

Country Girls

Kobushi Factory

Tsubaki Factory

KSS

上國料萌衣  室田瑞希 佐々木莉佳子 笠原桃奈 小関舞 船木結 梁川奈々美 加賀楓

#10 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

I cant color them now cuz Im on mobile so I will do it later:

C-ute - Sky Blue
Morning Musume - Hot Pink
ANGERME - Light Pink
Juice=Juice - Orange
Country Girls - Emerald
Kobushi Factory - Red
Tsubaki Factory - Violet

#11 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

C-ute
ANGERME

Morning Musume '17

Juice=Juice

Country Girls

Kobushi Factory

Tsubaki Factory
Kenshuusei

Kenshuusei Hokkaido

and if there's two new groups to replace C-ute
Group 1 (Older KSS)
Group 2 (Younger KSS) 

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#12 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

Morning Musume -> Red. Because flagship group,,

C-ute -> Pink. Because pink is cute,, XD

Angerme -> White. Angel is white,, 0:-) (That Angerme by the way,, XD)

Juice=Juice -> Green. Because green is nature color and juice is natural beverage,, XD

Country Girls -> Yellow. Because yellow is mature grass color in the countryside,,  :ph34r:

Kobushi Factory -> Blue. Because blue is strong and cool. Also if your face get Kobushi'ed it will be blue.  :cold:  x_x

Tsubaki Factory -> Light Pink. Because it is elegant and soft color.  :wub:

Buono -> Black. Because rock and metal is associated with black. XD

KSS -> Grey. Because they are still simple but can change into any color with hue addition,,

Hokkaido KSS -> Navy Blue. Because that what Hokkaido flag color background is,, 

I agree with this person except that I'd give Juice=Juice light blue (I dunno, orange doesn't convince me nor green and somehow light blue comes off as neutral like water? instead of being the color of a specific fruit's juice... plus Aina was orange and she's not in the group anymore) and Kobushi purple and Country Girls blue.

So...

MM: Red

°C-ute: Pink (except it would be deep pink because idk, it seems more mature than standard pink? But then again they're leaving soon...)

ANGERME: White

Juice=Juice: Light blue

Country Girls: Blue or Orange (I know green  = nature but somehow that isn't a very appealing color for a group in my opinion)

Kobushi Factory: Purple

Tsubaki Factory: Light pink (because it's a delicate color and Tsubaki gives off that feeling)

Buono!: Black (What's gonna be of Buono...?)

KSS: Gray

HKSS: Navy blue

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#13 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

Morning Musume Just the color I'm use to them being I guess. 

Angerme I feel like Blue or Pink would work for them. 

Juice=Juice IDK just works I guess

Country Girls Again just another color i think works for them?

Kobushi Factory Since Berryz was blue I think it'd be fitting for the secessor group to get a shade of blue. (BUT if Angerme is blue I guess Yellow or Green or something like that)

Tsubaki Factory Since Berryz was blue I think it'd be fitting for the secessor group to get a shade of blue. (BUT If Angerme is blue then I guess Yellow or Pink) 

TBH The factories are kind of hard for me to pick for lol. 

HLxdmXb.png

#14 chia6

chia6

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

This is how I usually color them

Morning Musume
Berryz Koubou
C-ute
Buono!
Mano Erina
S/mileage - ANGERME
Juice=Juice
Country Girls
Kobushi Factory
Tsubaki Facotry
Hello! Pro Kenshuusei
Hello! Pro Kenshuusei Hokkaido

[Morning Musume '20 - ANGERME - Juice=Juice - OCHA NORMA - Tsubaki Factory - BEYOOOOONDS]

[Ikuta Erina - Takeuchi Akari - Uemura Akari - Kitahara Momo - Yamagishi Riko - Nishida Shiori]
~ [Twitter ~ YouTube] ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users