• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

That clip of Oginome Yuko slipping reminded me of something - and it didn't take me long to find it XD

And just to make up for that, here's non-slip Shizuka:

Shizuka at that point had such perfect 80s cool.  Her eyebrows were so good that they could practically have had a career of their own.

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#42 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

These slipping videos are hilarious!

I like how Shizuka was all stern and serious, and then after the fall she couldn't stop laughing. So cute :P

Covers are totally fine, but you know... I don't think Murashita Kouzou is exactly what one would call a "Female Idol from Japan" lmao

"Hatsukoi" is an absolute classic though :)

I was just coming back to edit my post because I realized it was showa idols, not showa music. I'll make up for tho...

The edit really wasn't necessary! Thanks for all the posts though!

#43 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

Covers are totally fine, but you know... I don't think Murashita Kouzou is exactly what one would call a "Female Idol from Japan" lmao

"Hatsukoi" is an absolute classic though :)

I was just coming back to edit my post because I realized it was showa idols, not showa music. I'll make up for tho...

The edit really wasn't necessary! Thanks for all the posts though!

But I felt so guilty, lol. I'm studying for a big test atm, so I'm a little mentally drained. I had to prove I actually have reading comprehension...I had to prove to myself I belong in this thread, lol. I feel worthy now, lol.

That clip of Oginome Yuko slipping reminded me of something - and it didn't take me long to find it XD

And just to make up for that, here's non-slip Shizuka:

Shizuka at that point had such perfect 80s cool.  Her eyebrows were so good that they could practically have had a career of their own.

I've never watched the big ten except for in clips of artists performing, but I never saw that male host before. I always rememberthat rail thin exceptionally well dressed touchy pervy guy. 

Anyways, that song rocked my world, music from the mid 80's to the mid 90s was special. I wonder why noone today is using those sexy synths and samples... It breaks my heart.

As we know W covered a lot of classic idols here are two

Babe

Wink

This song was covered last year by the mannequin idol group FEMM

Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹) Haga Akane (羽賀朱音 ) 

Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん… Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Angerme - Murota Mizuki (室田瑞希) Kawamura Ayano (川村文乃) Ise Layla (伊勢鈴蘭)

Kobushi Factory - Hamamura Ayano (浜浦彩乃) Tsubuki Factory - Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの)

If you enjoy the music of Hello!Project, join me as I dissect individual songs on my blog, The Tasogare Touch.

#44 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:29 AM

Wink was always so good!

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#45 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:46 AM

Oh wow, just found out about this group a couple seconds ago. Starbow an idol group produced by YMO's Haruomi Hosono. 
http://starbow.nomaki.jp(fansite)

25457332467_0d58acd6e5_z.jpg

Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん… Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Kobushi Factory - Hamamura Ayano (浜浦彩乃) Tsubuki Factory - Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの)

If you enjoy the music of Hello!Project, join me as I dissect individual songs on my blog, The Tasogare Touch.

#46 mashaki

mashaki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:08 AM

Just listed through this whole thread and YES this is what I was looking for :D

I've been listening to City Pop so much for the last year but I've never gotten deep into artist's discographies too much, so this is great :) !

Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned Anri yet, she's a real gem ^-^

https://youtu.be/fp2psphgAK4

~  Miki ☆ Kamiko ☆ Riai  Ami  Ichioka  Kirara  ~

MiyaChii fan forever [:

avy by: AmaSusE

#47 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

^ I really love that album.  :good:  (...and there's a bit of a H!P connection)

Also talking about Wink I think theirs was the best version of Turn It into Love (Originally Kylie Minogue).

(There's also another connection because Wink's Aida Shouko is an Up Front artist, I didn't even realise until she turned up performing in The Cotton Club on an episode of Upcoming XD )

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#48 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

My jam right now

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#49 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

Matsumoto Noriko

#50 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

Kitaoka Yumeko

#51 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

Finally getting around to making a post...I'm a very big fan of 70's idols. I'll put all of the videos in spoilers.

Ishino Mako

Probably my favorite idol from this time, she's so adorable and it's so fun to see her bop around on stage. She is still so adorable, even though she's already 57! She exudes cuteness at every moment. (Debuted in 78 and had a relatively short idol career, about 3 years, but has a lot of material from this time) She mostly sung cute/fun pop songs, very 70's.

Spoiler

Itou Sakiko

Why do I like her so much? I don't know, I just do. She seems kind of awkward as a teenager, but still has an elegance about her, it's charming. She has a lot of serious/intense music, I like a lot of it and it's really nostalgic for me. It's hard to find her stuff online, unfortunately.

Spoiler

Iwasaki Hiromi

H!P fans might know her from "Romance", Momusu covered it as a b-side to pepper keibu and on their cover you album. She is most famous for her very emotional songs and great voice. She started off doing run of the mill 70's pop music, but quickly transitioned to more "serious" music. A lot of her songs are written by Tsutsumi Kyohei, I like his work a lot. He also did some work with Buono.

Her albums are all really good, I've listened a lot to all of her albums until '82, she changed direction in a way I didn't like.

I recommend in no particular order:

Salvia, a lot of beautiful songs

Koibitotachi, a cover album, mostly of european music but I really like the selection.

Aozora, her first album and used to be my favorite. It's refreshing to listen to and reminds me of summer.

Fantasy, a lot of disco type songs.

Spoiler

Shoutouts that I don't think were mentioned yet in this thread:

Sakakibara Ikue, Hayami Yu, Ishikawa Hitomi, Asaoka Megumi.

Spoiler

If people are interested, I will probably post more later.

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#52 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:48 AM

That omoiki samba is the truth... I loved that one, its too goood!

Itou Sakiko can really sing. I loved those yume miru koro and ai no shlphi  track.

Iwasaki Hiromi... thats an interesting one. Her voice is good, really good. It reminded me of Yuki Saori. She was a bit before the idol era began, but I think she will fit right into the thread.

I never heard of Ishigawa Hitomi, she is cute and I loved that song. Gotta go do some research...

We are all interested, thats why we are in the thread my friend, post away, just don't be like me and post non-idol dudes, lol. Speaking of that maybe I should post some coconut boys one of these days...

@ Scaphism

Kitaoka Yumeko is becoming the proverbial thorn in my side. I fuggin loved her music, but I'm finding it difficult to track down her music. I'm only finding her stuff on places like amazon.co.jp and yahoo auctions and the like... the harder to order from places. I really really like her music and I'm being thwarted by the gods!

#53 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:13 PM

Listening to some Akina this morning, enjoy this song that city pop queen Takeuchi Mariya wrote the music and lyrics for.

Nakamori Akina - Red Enamel

#54 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

Finally getting around to making a post...I'm a very big fan of 70's idols.

If people are interested, I will probably post more later.

That's quite a comprehensive post! Thanks for sharing :)

Go ahead and post stuff whenever you discover anything good!

@ Scaphism

Kitaoka Yumeko is becoming the proverbial thorn in my side. I fuggin loved her music, but I'm finding it difficult to track down her music. I'm only finding her stuff on places like amazon.co.jp and yahoo auctions and the like... the harder to order from places. I really really like her music and I'm being thwarted by the gods!

She's great isn't she!? Have you downloaded any of her stuff from the blogspot? http://jpop80ss.blog.../YUMEKO KITAOKA

There are these "夢子コール! (You May Call)" tracks on her singles where she gives out a phone number that fans can use to call her...  Luckyyy! Her speaking voice is also so cute :)

#55 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

Oh man, what a time to be alive the 80's was...

This PV is so WTF its charming, the PV has nothing to do with the lyrics... at all...

#56 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

I was looking through the credits to the new Tsubaki Factory album and noticed the copyright for 17 sai was 1971.... which brings the song into this thread!!!

So I always thought this was Moritaka Chisato's song, but I was wrong, she covered Minami Saori's debut song. I prefer Chisato's version to them all...

Anyways Here is the original

17才 南沙織

Here is Chisato's version

森高千里 17才

Here is Tsubaki Factory's version

つばきファクトリー/17才 

Here is a Eurobeat cover by Bambee

Seventeen / 17才 - Bambee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPzNI5UR8ro

Here is a non-idol cover from natsugawa Rimi

夏川りみ  17才

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNvdR6hwVM

And finally Kamiko's cover of the song during her birthday event

アンジュルム 上國料萌衣 2016 『17才』

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=149zKSYRwX0

#57 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

Hatada Rie

#58 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

Qlair

#59 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:16 AM

Masuda Mia

#60 GrayScales

GrayScales

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

@Scaphism. You've been taking a break from this thread for awhile and I really do consider this thread yours; so, welcome back. Thought of you and your thread when I read this twitter post...

tHKnkCl.png click

It has been 32 years since the dissolution of Onyanko Club on September 20th.
I met Onyanko and saw many wonderful scenery and met emotions I didn't know.
Thank you very much. It is a wonderful group that will remain in everyone's heart forever.
I hope that the members are still smiling and happy every day.

Misano Suzuki describes herself as the mother and teacher of ハコイリ♡ムスメ. HakoMusu covers a lot of music from the 80's and it stands to reason that someone or ones that manage them have a love for the sounds of that era.

Member Count Song (Onyanko Club)

The video description includes the introduction before the singing starts.

It's 5 o'clock today. Nyan Nyan time has come!
Last Wednesday in March!
Of course, it ’s live!
Onyanko is doing well today!
Wednesday in the middle of the week!
Middle bulge! Twilight Nyan Nyan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users