• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Myron

Myron

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

Firstly, I have to say that I have seen the quality improving for the last few years, so I agree that it's has gotten better.

But there are a few things that are on my mind lately:

When I look at most of the creative aspects of the marketing like album/dvd artwork or merchandise, it doesn't get me that excited anymore. It could be way better, like, products has to look visually appealing as well, right? Especially for a company in the entertainment business. Since Cool! Hello started, I was happy with the more mainstream and edm-y aspect of the concept, but way less with the dull creative aspects. People are asking for the colored shirts for ages now.

Like I've said, the concepts of the video clips are starting to be better and introducing subtitles are good steps. (Every group as of this year, I think.) But also when you look at ways to promote things on television, H!P seem to neglect some of the chances. I'm wondering if that could be because is still more traditional in things. (Correct me if I am wrong though!) Of course, it could also be budget reasons! 

I'm not saying that I hate how Hello! Project is doing things. But I feel that there is room to improve. 

And I'm saying this because I'm passionate about the company. So I am wondering how you guys feel about this!

あいりあやちょえりぽん

#2 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

I pretty much agree with you. While the MVs are getting better lately (concept, budget, quality) there are some things that the company could work on. Especially when it comes to costumes and covers. Feels like they're stuck in the 2000s regarding these.

I do feel that they shot themselves in the foot with Cool Hello, though. They tried to be cool for such a long time, especially when most of the current members were in their awkward teenage years so that the general result was very awkward as well. I think Sayumi and Chisato both pointed that they didn't like Cool Hello that much either. Maybe they thought this would be appealing to a general audience and especially female fans, which it probably did, but not in the same way female fans like other groups (regarding UNIDOL charts).

However, at the same time, the girls lost their charming characters or rather couldn't train them as well. We've had many discussions and arguments about how the current line-up of Morning Musume is boring to some older fans. To me personally they don't appeal as much as previous line-ups or other H!P groups, but I think they could be more interesting if they didn't focus on coolness and behaviour so much.

And yeah, merchandise. The t-shirt disaster is probably the most popular one haha. I do get the idea behind the white or black t-shirts, it's more likely that you're gonna wear them outside of concerts and events - but in the end you simply don't wear idol t-shirts in daily life in Japan. Especially since apparently the quality got worse, too.

Japanese fans (especially on 2chan) don't call UFP the "shitty company" for no reason. I guess messing up stuff is also the charm of this company.  And we love to hate it.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users