Photo

Who would you be most surprised to find is the complete opposite of her idol persona?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

Say an idol turns out to be very ill-mannered, smokes like a chimney, has a new boyfriend a month, lashes out at staff and things of that nature...who would surprise you the most?

#2 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

I think Kago was already a rather big surprise. Miki always had a bad girl image, Yaguchi was a bit cheeky too, but Kago was... the child? Something like that.

But I feel that Sakura, Mizuki and most of 12ki are rather natural, so them smoking, drinking, etc. would be really surprising to me. Harunan too.

In general, most of the members at the moment (out of all of H!P) seem so nice and well-behaved. I can't imagine even the older ones (Dawa, Haruna, Risa) smoking (C-ute neither, but they do have a more adult feel to them).

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#3 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:33 PM

Only for Mizuki because I completely buy her nice girl/loves MM and all the girls unconditionally persona. Everyone else I'd either be like 

1) Wow shes too young for that

2) YAS gurl you do you I love it

MizukiRina

Twitter

#4 hpnewb

hpnewb

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

I think Maimi would surprise me the most if she was completely different. Some of the members have a clearly calculated persona but Maimi seems to be the same since she joined.

Conspiracy Theorist

Snake Oil Salesman

“ Like always, these lyrics don’t have a deep meaning. " -Mai Hagiwara trans-Nouciel

#5 taskinist

taskinist

akane's soldier

• Senpai
  • 2675 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

Hmm... I think I'd be most shocked if Riho wasn't the same as her idol persona. Watching her backstage made me think "this girl is authentic", lol.

But if we're talking about who we think is secretly the antithesis of idoldom, I think I'll go with Sakura. She's so soft I think I'd be traumatized if she went the Kago route.

haga akane 12th gen danbara ruru

#6 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:21 PM

Maimi seems very well taken care of by her parents as well, so it would be quite the revelation if she was caught in any form of "scandal."

#7 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:19 AM

Momoko

#8 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

Everyone from MM besides Ikuta

#9 MusubuDantotsu

MusubuDantotsu

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:12 AM

Kamikokuryo Moe

#10 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

None of them. When your job is to be friendly and likeable, most people at the very least are going to be a somewhat exaggerated version of the positive qualities of their personality.

I think Kago was already a rather big surprise. Miki always had a bad girl image, Yaguchi was a bit cheeky too, but Kago was... the child? Something like that.
But I feel that Sakura, Mizuki and most of 12ki are rather natural, so them smoking, drinking, etc. would be really surprising to me. Harunan too.
In general, most of the members at the moment (out of all of H!P) seem so nice and well-behaved. I can't imagine even the older ones (Dawa, Haruna, Risa) smoking (C-ute neither, but they do have a more adult feel to them).

Drinking is so common amongst young adults it wouldn't surprise me at all. It's just so heavily ingrained into so many cultures. Smoking is another matter but I've met lots of people who smoke who I wouldn't expect it from.

#11 Mixi

Mixi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:37 PM

Everyone from MM besides Ikuta

Pretty much. I think it's easier pointing out those who may be different outside of H!P because most of them seem really comfortable with their idol persona. Only Ikuta and Bakuwara have some awkwardness to them as far as I'm concerned. I'd be extremely surprised if an active member was involved in a smoking/drinking/boyfriend scandal outside of those two + °C-ute minus Maimi. UFP must be very paranoid since Kago and don't want to hire anyone risky or even remotely edgy with their style who could damage their proper image.

If Ayacho, Maimi and Karin are completely different out of H!P I don't know what to do with my life.

#12 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:53 PM

I think HP idols are actually pretty real which is one of the reasons they are called "boring" by some people. It might be because they dont feel pressured to create a character. There are some girls now and then that decide to make a character but they soon just seem tired of it and go with being normal.

#13 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

How about the other way around. Tanaka Reina has that Yankii image, maybe a little too relaxed and could be pretty flirtatious with guys on TV shows plenty (Daigo for example). But when she graduated and had the chance to go crazy she apparently imposed the Idol no dating rule on Lovendor herself. So I propose the theory Reina is actually really proper, straight-laced and highly dedicated. XD 

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#14 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:29 AM

Reina doesn't drink either, does she? She really isn't as much of a bad girl as her yanki image suggests :lol:

VKnn8U2.png

#15 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:10 AM

Reina and yanki is sth very past tense to me already. 

Hmm... I think I'd be most shocked if Riho wasn't the same as her idol persona. Watching her backstage made me think "this girl is authentic", lol.

But if we're talking about who we think is secretly the antithesis of idoldom, I think I'll go with Sakura. She's so soft I think I'd be traumatized if she went the Kago route.

I like Riho but I always thought the opposite, her backstage at times felt like she was catering hard to fans. Like I thought she was really smart about it. 

Sakura, 12ki (especially Maria), Nanami, Funakki, Momona, Kanana came to mind. Mostly about being unkind, dating rule and all I think most of H!P date so. Smoking and drinking would be weird but not as uncommon. Maa-chan wouldn't be surprising in some way, but I feel she's very much herself as well.

Harunan also seems very proper can't imagine her in a scandal at all. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#16 yeahman

yeahman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:20 AM

LOL Reina's yankii image was fun but pretty much fake. She's actually quite innocent if you read her blog.

Riho I felt was quite fake too. She's definitely a lot more mellow and maybe introverted than her idol persona.

I don't really see any of the current girls being completely different from their idol persona though. Even with Aibon and Mikitty, while they were caught in dating/smoking scandals it didn't really change their image, they were just idols that made the "wrong" choice. Even for Aibon, it was only after leaving HP that she became more... different..

I guess one potential one is Karin, who is a bit like Riho in a way. It feels like she's a lot more reserved than how she pushes herself as an idol. In another way while Aarii is pushed to promote her sexiness, I think she's actually still really innocent and doesn't quite like it (I think she mentioned she doesn't actually like to pose in swimsuits).

#17 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:10 AM

Drinking is so common amongst young adults it wouldn't surprise me at all. It's just so heavily ingrained into so many cultures. Smoking is another matter but I've met lots of people who smoke who I wouldn't expect it from.

Granted, I wouldn't mind them drinking as young adults because it is, after all, legal. There's a history about H!P members being heavy drinkers, starting from Yuuko's beer jokes over Kaori's and Kei's (was it these two?) joke-version of Love Machine, saying Kaori can't hold her liqueur. I guess I have to correct myself, underage drinking and smoking would surprise me.

Reminds me of this thread on WiT.

VKnn8U2.png

#18 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

When Niigaki came to the UK for J-Melo, from her a blog it seemed she went straight to a pub for a pint. XD

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#19 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

I think Reina wanted to dump the Yanki image a long time ago but kept portrayig it for fans or managements sake. Nowadays she is more about being a true idol than she was in her Momusu times.

#20 callirae

callirae

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

I believe charas are based off truth, so I don't think any of them are truly that different off-screen.

Fujii Rio lives on in my heart.

Ikuta Erina . Nakanishi Kana . Kanazawa Tomoko . Yamaki Risa . Inoue Rei . Akiyama Mao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users