• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:07 AM

Their Magical View blu-ray was released this week and I'll have mine by Monday  -yaaaayyyy!!

91_Xrl_Xcp_U1_L._SX679.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#42 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:03 AM

It actually arrived earlier today, just TWO days after the release date from Japan!!!

OMG... Rock A Japonica has now tied with Kobushi Factory for me as far as favorite current jpop groups (I do tend to discover many that are from the past or not so relevant to many).

I love their songs and most of their videos but never saw much of them performing live.  This concert really brought out their skills in the spotlight.  You can really see what chemistry they have together and how well they fit together both visually and skill set.  I've always struggled with choosing a favorite from this group, and even though I tend to lean towards Runa Naitō (who looks and even sounds like Nacky of C-ute at times), I have to say after watching this concert I love them ALL EQUALLY.  

Their music & dance style is in the early cute stage like when s/mileage began; innocent, minimal and fun.  Their outfits are awesome, though I prefer the suits in the first half of the concert over the rainbow dresses but they're still really cool.

This was a 3 hour concert!  What a value, and within the concert were video playbacks of iconic historic moments from their history very cool.

I made just a few video clips of some of my personal songs to share with you - we'll see how long they stay up before I get busted for copyright.   Until then, enjoy.

For starters is a really short mini clip of their Magical Soup song that just demonstrates their cuteness... I love when they 'rap' or talk lyrics rather than sing.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#43 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

Thanks so much for sharing!!

#44 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:49 AM

Their Spring tour is already happening... how I wish so much I could see them live  :(

Also - does anyone know what the NEW SONG is that was on the special KING e-SHOP edition of Magical View??

http://kingeshop.jp/...kajaponica.aspx

rocka_spring.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#45 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

So cute they let some of their young fans sit with them for this pose after an early morning show.

https://twitter.com/...043042325061632

Ddn_B8_Vk_VQAAI3p.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#46 anli1

anli1

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

So cute they let some of their young fans sit with them for this pose after an early morning show.

https://twitter.com/...043042325061632

Ddn_B8_Vk_VQAAI3p.jpg

That's so cute!! I love when idols do that for their child fans, I bet they were super happy and that are going to have a very joyful memory of that live

#47 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:42 AM

New single coming August!!  (Assuming I got the translated Tweet correct).

And on 203c.pngAugust 1st, we decided to release the 6th 1f4bf.pngsingle 1f4bf.pngnext spring in the 4th single winter...

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#48 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

36 lovely concert photos!!

https://natalie.mu/music/news/283391

Ami seems to love to make silly faces... and always looks so adorable when she does!  I love when she closes her eyes and shakes her head back and forth  :c18:

0529rockajapnica_06_fixw_640_hq.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#49 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

I apologize for dominating this thread...  I guess Rock-a are my current favorite jpop group right now.  Anyway, I just wanted to share the mini poster of theirs I just framed   :c18:

Rocka_framed.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#50 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

So excited for the next single!! The release date is quite a while from now though... :(

The wait is gonna be tough.

Awesome mini-poster! That single is a masterpiece and definitely deserves being framed :D

#51 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:39 AM

"Shock!" is indeed a mind-blowing masterpiece, both the song and MV.  What amazes me is how that lightning in a bottle of a song is actually rather lengthy for a single (almost 5 minutes) and yet still every single change within the song is equally as strong.  With such a strong single I suspect many people (and some even here have alluded)  think they had one flash in the pan track and are one-hit wonders, but I think their entire double-album is strong.  There are a few throwaway tracks but when you're talking about a total of 24 you can't expect every track to rock your world.

My only concern is how these girls will transition to a more mature image & sound in the future.  They are definitely a group that I wish they'd just stay the same with the playful songs and cutesy looks... even though looking back at acts like s/mileage and C-ute I had no idea how they'd actually get much better over time.  I think Rock-a is in the best spot right now

Random note, when watching their live performances, Misato was one of the members I typically paid least attention to, yet when looking at photos / glamour shots, she's actually the most photogenic one of the group lol.

Misato_montage.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#52 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Another great puffy / silly face by Ami from Twitter today.

(click to enlarge)

ami_puffy.jpg

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#53 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

4th SINGLE "The Highest" Announced!!! August 1st 2018  :D

最the高【初回限定盤A】 Single, CD+Blu-ray, Limited Edition, Maxi

http://www.rockajapo.../4thsingle.html

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#54 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:49 PM

New video out, pretty cool

#55 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:01 AM

^Thanks for sharing, yeah - I thought it was pretty good though I found the retro lower resolution 4:3 shots distracting.

I wonder if there's an English speaking forum that is more dedicated to this lovely group.  I'm not a big Twitter fan, even though I do follow them on it, but its just sad to see such inactivity about them.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#56 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

There's a forum for Stardust groups in general. It's not much more active (way less users) but updates about the group are posted more consistently.
DDOhydd.gif

#57 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:07 PM

http://momoiroclover...rock-a-japonica

#58 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

^ Just saw this!!! Arigato!!

Sadly it won't let me JOIN the site because the security check system is DOWN!!   :(

v1_unsupported.png

By the way, we are now less than a week away from the new single release!!  

The Most High Edition features the music video/making and a concert on on blu-ray plus other extras!!  Can't wait.

81ip_Ph_QMu9_L._SL1500.jpg

<The most high edition>
【Item】 KICM-91862 
【Price】 4,167 yen + Tax 
【Form】 CD + Blu-ray 
【Composition Content】
[CD] 
M-1. Most High 
Songwriter: Sugisaka Oshima, KLOOZ Composition / Arrangement: Ogawa Yutaro 
M- 2. Memory size 
lyrics: Tadano Takuya composer · Arranger: Takuya Fujita 
M-3. Dasaku Naki Unbelievable 
lyrics: Kaneko Mayumi Composition: Hisashi Makoto, Kaneko Mayma Arrangement: Hisashi Makoto 
M-4. Rocca Japonica Brains SONG (provisional) 
Lyrics: ??? Composition: ??? Arrange: ??? 
+ each off vocal ver. 8 songs included 
[Blu-ray] 
"Rocca Japonica Spring Tour 2018 - Re: view ROCK A JAPONICA ~ @ SHIBUYA CLUB QUATTRO (2018.5.20) LIVE DIGEST 
[PHOTO BOOK] 
"ROCK A JAPONICA Taiwan & Spring Tour" MEMORY "Photobook" 

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#59 Scaphism

Scaphism

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

I sent the admin a message. Hopefully they will sort it out soon!

Yup! So excited! :D

#60 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:15 PM

^ You are SO kind!!!  I had NO way of contacting them because I have to be a member to even do that!

EDIT: your efforts were heard!!  I was able to join - Arigato!

I'm listening to the new CD right now (just came in the mail today).  It's nice, but very polished.  By that I mean I miss the more raw youthful punch of their earlier material.  In some ways it is a good thing for them and I recognize that.  It sounds much more contemporary and mainstream (like C-ute's latter material).  Right now my favorite track is one of the bonus tracks from The Most High edition called "Tako Kan Rock A Japonica" which is a bit more playful than the other tracks.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users