zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:19 AM

They need a bigger stage for the next Satoyama event ^^;

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#763 Colours

Colours

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:15 AM

Guess who got the last line in Sakura Night Fever!

ki4pRBA.jpg

Set by Snipey

#764 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

^ SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

now to find her solo

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#765 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

thats the THIRD stage, if you count the one they use for the Hina-fes (second if you're being specific about the Satoyama event). It was around the corner from the main Satoyama event space, where people line up to go to the concert, or wait in line to buy Hinafes "goods". As a place to get people to listen with half an ear to something they might otherwise ignore, it was good. As a place to do something significant it was very lacking...
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#766 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

thats the THIRD stage, if you count the one they use for the Hina-fes (second if you're being specific about the Satoyama event). It was around the corner from the main Satoyama event space, where people line up to go to the concert, or wait in line to buy Hinafes "goods". As a place to get people to listen with half an ear to something they might otherwise ignore, it was good. As a place to do something significant it was very lacking...

I know but that is the stage they use for the Opening Event where they have everyone on it at the same time. Yoko was the nearest to the edge of the stage as seen in the video. In previous Satoyama events, the crowd on stage was never that close to the edge. I'm making a guest that the Up-Front family will grow bigger by next year and they will run out of space on that stage ^^;

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#767 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3198 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

C7_37IgVMAA46bl.jpg  
<3

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#768 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3198 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Sato Masaki Has Found Two New Sisters After Returning

b89923_f11a867aa24d4a3qpne.jpg

The Perfect Ace, Yokoyama Reina: Uta's Raw Innocence, Riho's "Center" Vibe
tumblr_olf2daOiU21tnos68o1_500.gif

well she's cute and so, but no ace like Riho  :ph34r:

yokoppzrh.png

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#769 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:30 AM

^I respectfully disagreee, I think she could be a strong ace for the group, just one unlike the aces we've had yet (who, tbf were all very different sorts of aces)

She has "it", they just need to use her.

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#770 triquelme483

triquelme483

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

I'm agree with u, @lalalaalala

Sorry but i don't like the comparision.

Yes, she is not a ace like Riho and Riho never was a ace like Goto Maki, (i hope you can understand my idea) Yokoyan have their way to shine and she probably will be a good ace always with practice... these widows of Riho :ph34r:

#771 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

I don't think MM'17 have a member that can be called an "ace" yet. Yoko might be the new face of MM tho.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#772 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

^ i must admit that i have no idea what the difference is

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#773 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:38 AM

Face = The first member people think about when you mention the group. The first thing people think about when they see that member is the group. 

Ace = The jack of all trades, can sing, dance, and do variety relatively well. looks good, usually very popular, charming, alluring. have that kind of aura to them that draws you in. All of this means that the Ace will most likely be in the Center position of the group (Like Riho was).

And since we're on topic 

Spoiler

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#774 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:43 AM

Face = literally, the face. The first member people think about when you mention the group. The first thing people think about when they see that member is the group. 

Ace = the jack of all trades, can sing, dance, and do variety relatively well, can draw you in and make you look at them as well as the things around them. popular.

And since we're on topic 

Visual = Sometimes confused with Face. Visual is literally just the most attractive, beautiful one of the group. The one that most people would say looks very pretty. 

Center = Sometimes confused with Ace. Center is literally just a position within the group, usually occupied by the Visual, Face or Ace of the group. 

Some examples from H!P

Face = Tsugunaga Momoko (for Berryz), Michishige Sayumi (for MM Platinum era)

Ace = Sayashi Riho, Suzuki Airi, Miyamoto Karin 

Visual = Uemura Akari, Makino Maria, Ogawa Rena

Center = Anyone who has been in the position of center for that period of time.

wow thanks!

can there be a doublee ace? like yokoyan and kaedii together?

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#775 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:21 AM

Wasn't Acchan THE ace, rather than center? That's the only time I've heard of the "ace" term in idol world apart from Riho.

And no they can't both be aces. Ace is a really vague term most of the time and I think the key of the term is management pushes you hard to be the ace and calls you that, and you have to be veery very popular. I also don't think that member has to be thaat good as the term would imply, though ofc she can't be terrible either.

It's best to just wait and not push any word tbh. I do think Yokoyan will be a member we won't be begging management to give her lines or good positions, she'll get them imo. She seems like the type that will have the whole package.

In the H!P Q&A some members answered she was cool and that her tsukkomis were fun. It showed already but I'm glad she has good humour in her.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#776 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

^You're right, she was the ace, but since i already had techi down as ace, i put acchan down in center, since she is known to have centered the most AKB singles out of any other 48group member (19 times out of 28 singles in the group). As i mentioned in the center part, the position is usually occupied by the ace, soo~ ^^; I had a lot more other people that i felt should be put down as an ace but i wanted to just have one per term loool

And no they can't both be aces. Ace is a really vague term most of the time and I think the key of the term is management pushes you hard to be the ace and calls you that, and you have to be veery very popular. I also don't think that member has to be thaat good as the term would imply, though ofc she can't be terrible either.

Yeah that's why I mentioned jack of all trades, the ace is usually neither amazing or horrible at most things, but decent enough in everything they do 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#777 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

Maeda Atsuko was the only AKB48 member to be formally given the title "ace," and as far as I can tell, Aki-P never gave it to anyone else, although the term was adopted by fans to describe any member that received the most push out of her generation. It's also worth noting that Aki-P stated that "ace" was a title given by him, not by anyone else, especially not fans, since they are clearly prone to giving it to whoever. This applies equally to Riho, as she was given the title by management in media coverage and this, as far as I know, was the impetus for H!P fans to start throwing the term around. Fans can't formally deign a girl an ace, although they sure as hell try. That's how MM currently has maybe 5 aces, if you survey the fandom. In any case, an "ace" is simply a management-given marketing term to describe a girl that they are going to push forward as the central member of the group in songs, media coverage, and general promotions. 

Until management actually calls someone an "ace," no one is one, no matter how fans may claim that certain members are. Also worth noting that an "ace" does not have to be talented in anything in particular to be called as such, again despite some fan definitions. 

Center is just literally anyone who is in the center of a song, if there's an ace in the group, 9 times out of 10 she's also the center for songs. Face and Visual are terms made up by fans who want to feel that their oshimen is more important than they may actually be.

DDOhydd.gif

#778 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

^ makes a lot of sense... so ace is really just a formality title given by management to say "hey, this girl right here.. this girl.. she's reaaally something... she's REALLY something" ?

And so it's more realistic to see yokoyan become a center (since i think the face right now is maachan? if i understand correctly?) rather than an ace?

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#779 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

^Not really. Masaki might be very popular but she doesn't stand in the spotlight that much. Because of that a casual person might not even know who she is.
On the otherhand, the "Face" of the group, everyone sees her more becoz she gets to be on magazines, TV or any other visual media more often than other members.
Currently that member would be Maria-sama.
Yoko could be heading in that direction too if she can keep the momentum going.
Another potential member is Ogata but she hasn't been pushed into the spotlight that much, yet.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#780 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

^ i see.. I am learning so much today!
thank you so much guys!

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users