20 replies to this topic

#1 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

drop

With their first major debut(FORCE MUSIC) music video out today it seemed a good time to make a thread for them. 

MBYZj4R.jpg

Members

w61h5aR.jpg

Name: Misaki Misato

Nickname: MisaMisa

Birthday: 9th September 1994 

Height: 155cm

Hometown: Saitama

Colour: Red

Attribute: Flame

Misc: Leader. Oekaki loving anime otaku. Loves Cats. Loves umeboshi with konnyaku

(a little unsure of that last bit ēŒ«ćØę¢…å¹²ć—ć‚’ć“ć‚ˆćŖ恏ꄛ恙悋怂)

MnQ1TH5.jpg

Name: Takiguchi Hikari

Nickname: Takki, Hii

Birthday: 20th September 1994

Height: 154cm

Hometown: Chiba

Colour: blue

Attribute: water

Misc: Won a weekly playboy readers poll "2014 kotoshi kanarazu kuru gurabia aidoru 8nin" or the '8 idols who will definitely come out'(I think...) grand-prix. She's an oldest daughter in reality but in drop she's the 3rd in age and the natural little sister character.

9oRyGa9.jpg

Name: Ooba Haruka

Nickname: Harupii

Birthday:  4th October 1993

Colour: Green

Attribute: Nature

Misc: In 2012 she was elected in Kodanshas to be MissID2013. In addition to idol activities she also takes part in the NHK high school courses show 'The power of logic' and other acting and stage acting appearances. 

2012 å¹“ć€č¬›č«‡ē¤¾äø»å‚¬ć®ć‚¢ć‚¤ćƒ‰ćƒ«ć‚Ŗćƒ¼ćƒ‡ć‚£ć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ć€ŽćƒŸć‚¹iD2013ć€ć«ć¦ęŗ–ć‚°ćƒ©ćƒ³ćƒ—ćƒŖē›øå½“ć®ā€œćƒŸć‚¹iDā€ć«éøå‡ŗ恕悌悋 ē¾åœØć‚‚ć‚¢ć‚¤ćƒ‰ćƒ«ćØć—ć¦ć®ę“»å‹•ć®ä»–ć€NHK é«˜ę ”č¬›åŗ§ć€Žćƒ­ćƒ³ćƒŖć®ć”ć‹ć‚‰ć€ćŖć©ćƒ†ćƒ¬ćƒ“å‡ŗę¼”ć‹ć‚‰ć€čˆžå°ć‚„ę˜ ē”»ć§ć®å„³å„Ŗę“»å‹•ć¾ć§å¹…åŗƒć„仕äŗ‹ć‚’恓ćŖ恙怂

0ZrN9bV.jpg?2

Name: Koizumi Runa

Nickname: Runachi

Birthday:  27th February 1998 

Special skill: Karate

Colour: Purple

Attribute: poison

Misc: Joined in May 2016 as a new member. Looking like a class president, not scared and with a straight tone of voice but then sometimes jumping out creating a 'gap charm' character. 

Charm point: forehead

2016幓5꜈1ę—„ć«ę–°ćƒ”ćƒ³ćƒćƒ¼ćØ恗恦dropć«åŠ å…„ć€‚å­¦ē“šå§”å“”長ćŖč¦‹ćŸē›®ćØē‰©ę€–ć˜ć—ćŖ恄惏惃悭ćƒŖćØć—ćŸå£čŖæć€ę™‚ć«é£›ć³å‡ŗ恙ęÆ’čˆŒć®ć‚®ćƒ£ćƒƒćƒ—ćŒé­…åŠ›ć€‚ćƒćƒ£ćƒ¼ćƒ ćƒć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒˆćÆćŠć§ć“ć€‚ć‚°ćƒ«ćƒ¼ćƒ—ć§ćÆ怌ęÆ’ć€å±žę€§ć‚’ę‹…å½“ć€‚

01ZBi5Y.jpg?1

Name: Kohinata Mai

Nickname: Maachan

Birthday: 9th December 1996

Height: 158cm

Hometown: Tokyo

Colour: Orange

Attribute:  Sun

Misc:  Joined in May 2016 as a new member. Both of her parents came from musical families so she learnt many instruments: vocals, piano, guitar, bass, drums and can do a 'solo band' set.(or something like that). She sings with a clear and appealing voice. Her attribute is the sun because(I'm really not sure how to translate this bit, I think it says because she tans easily and she worries about it)

2016幓5꜈1ę—„ć«ę–°ćƒ”ćƒ³ćƒćƒ¼ćØ恗恦dropć«åŠ å…„ć€‚ēˆ¶ęÆå…±ć«éŸ³ę„½äø€å®¶ć«ē”Ÿć¾ć‚ŒćŸå°ę—„å‘ć®ē‰¹ęŠ€ćÆę¼”å„ć€‚ę„½å™ØćÆäø€é€šć‚ŠćŖć‚“ć§ć‚‚ę¼”å„åÆčƒ½ć€ćƒœćƒ¼ć‚«ćƒ«ć€ćƒ”ć‚¢ćƒŽć€ć‚®ć‚æćƒ¼ć€ćƒ™ćƒ¼ć‚¹ć€ćƒ‰ćƒ©ćƒ ćØć€ć²ćØć‚Šćƒćƒ³ćƒ‰ćŒå‡ŗę„ć‚‹č…•å‰ć€‚é€ćé€šć£ćŸå£°ć‚‚é­…åŠ›ć€å±žę€§ćŒå¤Ŗé™½ć ć‘ć«ć™ćć«ę—„ē„¼ć‘ć‚’ć—ć¦ć—ć¾ć„ć€č‰²é»’ćŖć®ćŒē›®äø‹ć®ę‚©ćæ怂

Former member

Name: Sugino Shizuka

Colour: Yellow

Attribute: Thunder

New major release music video

Hoshi no Nai Yoru Dakara

They have a soundcloud!

https://soundcloud.c...twintail/tracks

Their first indies single performed at TIF2015

2015 Japan girls expo

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#2 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

Been following this group and I kind of dig their Nan ni mo Iranai. Weren't they conceived out of the Twintails Association?

Some things I know so far still:

- Misaki Misato is half-Filipino
- Takiguchi Hikari was called as the "Once in a 2000 years" beauty.

Never knew why from a trio they became a 5 member girl group.

#3 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

Yes they are from Twintail Association, they're actually the 'big sister' group to maneki kecak but their major debut came slightly later. I assume this was due to the member change or maybe the members doing so much solo work. It seems like the new members were added ready for the major debut with that timing.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#4 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

Correction, they started out as a quartet. Any reason why Sugino left? Never knew she already left the group when in fact a few months ago I see her schmoozing with some members. I find her really pretty.

EDIT: There's this really pretty member of the Twintails Association whom I really wanted to be a member of this group but because of a rumor, she kind of eased out. The name's Sakuragi Ema. Doubt she'd make a comeback since she'll turn 20 already.

#5 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

I just started to look into translating their wikipedia page, looks like they started as 3 but Ooba Haruka only joined a month later so not really much difference.

So I did some hunting and I think I found out why she left and it's sad :c She had some problem with her ear/ears.

Tweet from producer

https://twitter.com/...3532288/photo/1

"I have a very very very painful announcement. Due to problems with her ears it is difficult to continue with live performances. The 7/3 1 year anniversary, the birthday show of Shizurin and TIF first day - those 3 performances and then Sugino Shizuka will graduate from drop."

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#6 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:05 AM

- Misaki Misato is half-Filipino
- Takiguchi Hikari was called as the "Once in a 2000 years" beauty.

Wow, I would have never guessed that in a million years. Misato is one of my top ten idols. I really like her youtube videos where she does artwork:

I saw Taki in a 7-11 before one of their lives, so it's interesting to read that she is one of the "once in a thousand years" idols.

I'm really glad they are finally debuting (and on the same label as Akishibu Project). Back in 2015 they was building a lot of momentum, but then Shizurin's sudden graduation happened. She was by far the most popular. Otherwise, I think they would have debuted before Maneki Kecak. It became a PPP! PiXiON and PiiiiiiiN thing, with the older sister group being cast aside for the little sister group. I think their debut is going to do very well though, since groups with delayed debuts tend to get rewarded by the fanbase. And they've been doing a lot of release events.

#7 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

^^ Well the bit about the Once in a 2000 years" beauty is too excessive, if not too trying hard and really prone to question. I was trying to search for that show discussing her family but it seems to have been deleted. Fortunately, I had it saved. Try to view it while it lasts (before I get a copyright strike, for the 3rd time... :P)

(If ever the video gets taken down since I got the notice already I'll have to repost it somewhere.)

I honestly think this bit kind of backfired though it felt fun while it lasted.

About Misato, she mentioned only once in her blog that she is half and never mentioned it again. Still that's enough validation in my opinion:

http://ameblo.jp/twi...1894687449.html

Listened to Hoshi no Nai Yoru Dakara and I'm seeing some strengths in it. This is the B-Side of the single to be released 16th of this month:

If ever drop releases Nan ni mo Iranai as a major label song, I might consider rooting for them.

#8 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

drop-d1.jpg

Really happy for them! They did 22 pre-sale events, so their hard work paid off. Just for context, Maneki Kecak's first day was 8,503 and 13,221 for the week (not to incite any rivalry, just fyi).

I bought version B, which is Misa's, and I'll upload it when I receive it.

#9 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

Nah I don't think pointing it out is a bad thing, they're the older sister group, they've been around for longer. I'm glad they sold better (for now) as they should have a more established fanbase.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#10 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

drop-d1.jpg
Really happy for them! They did 22 pre-sale events, so their hard work paid off. Just for context, Maneki Kecak's first day was 8,503 and 13,221 for the week (not to incite any rivalry, just fyi).

I bought version B, which is Misa's, and I'll upload it when I receive it.

I'll buy Misato's version when I have the cash or when their album comes out. :D

#11 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:13 AM

I think hocus pocus is probably my favourite song of theirs

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#12 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

Their weekly rank is in and they reached

Attached File  drop7.png   50.22K   1 downloads

:D

A video of them(I think?) finding out

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#13 Ady001

Ady001

Work In Great Progress

• Senpai
  • 2149 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:35 AM

^^ It's pretty strong for a major debut single. 22,159 for a group with not much major backing is good enough.

(I'm happy to see Drop and TPD there since Rako-chan and Misa are my Oshis but, SMAP's 2003 hit!? Really!? They bought an old single for its full price? The heck!?!)

#14 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

New song~

The girls come on stage around 3:30. I hope it gets a music video :3

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#15 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

New performance of Joudanjanai ne!

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#16 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:20 AM

drop singing Kimiwazurai

I really don't like their outfits...

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#17 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

MisaMisa & Hikari will graduate from drop on 11/11  :sob:

NATALIE Music article: http://natalie.mu/music/news/246216

Original Twitter post: https://twitter.com/...066912339066880

Misato's Twitter post: https://twitter.com/...067986773000192

Hikari's Twitter post: https://twitter.com/...067983203688450

#18 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1378 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

MisaMisa & Hikari will graduate from drop on 11/11  :sob:

Wait a moment.. Hikari and Misato????   :omg: 

I donĀ“t know if i will be able to continue follow the group whithout these two. They are the two original members and the group's soul   :sob: 

#19 WatanabeXYamada27

WatanabeXYamada27

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Drop will disband on November 30.

https://twitter.com/...534007782285312

Looks like more time for him to focus on Maneki Kecak, I guess.

EDIT: After disbandment, the 3 members will be added to a new group known as "Nana Land" with 4 additional members!

Reactions here: http://timtmb.com/blog-entry-1807.html

CURRENTLY COLOR-CODING JAPANESE IDOL SONGS

Whenever I see a live in YouTube or other streaming sites, I watch carefully then color code.

#20 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

Former members Misato & Hikari along with Kirara (Hikari's sister) have formed a new self produced unit named Wyenra.

I thought Misato & Hikari might form a duo since they did some tracks together before but including Hikari's sister is a surprise. Really looking forward to this.

DTfsCtOUQAAvavp.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users