• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Sky☆Dancer

Sky☆Dancer

Flitering Through the Clouds

• Senpai
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:08 AM

I finally watched Last One out of Beach City episode. I saw all the hype over Tumblr about how lesbian Pearl is in the episode, but it's not as much as I thought it would be. I guess the hype was huge and I expected it to be a lot more obvious. It still has hints that Pearl has a crush on the pink haired girl I guess, but it's carefully distinguished under the fact she looks like Rose Quartz and Pearl wants to be her friend. Pink haired girl giving her number to Pearl is probably the biggest sign for some kind of love interaction, but still I wouldn't consider it something as big as people made it out to be. Or as Ruby and Sapphire's relationship.

I think Rebecca Sugar definitely wanted to implement it's about lesbian love, but she probably held herself back a bit and tried to create a friendship path as well because of how much the show is getting censored in countries like Russia. A lot of episodes have been getting unaired or crazily cut. They even added mustache to Ruby in a lot of countries that have stricter TV laws. I think Rebecca doesn't want kids worldwide to enjoy the show less so she would keep it low key. There is a chance they won't air the episode at all in the censoring countries, or change the pink haired girl into a man. It's weird when countries like Russia censor that, but had this super popular lesbian duet TATU.

It could be just me that doesn't see it the same as the rest of the people who have watched it, maybe my expectations were higher or I have a mindset that doesn't see everything as love related. I hope I chose the right words and nobody assumes my post is homophobic.

Just taking the episode as is, I think the low key interactions were sort of the point. Not every romance is love at first sight, fall over each other, stare deep into each others eyes, I need to kiss you right now actions. Sometimes it's slow and it's just about thinking " Hey this person is cool and a maybe cute". For me it just shows another side of a potential relationship that's sometimes not seen because it's not dramatic and interesting. And of course Tumblr goes crazy and blows up little things with head canons galore. Basically Peridot in Log Date 7 15 2. It's all about the subtext.

#22 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

The new episode was cute, but it looks like we're in for another hiatus. Since the next episode is called "Gem Harvest" I hope thats when we get going on the main plot for season 4. I also hope we get an episode where Peridot and Pearl get to play around with their Ruby ship.

MizukiRina

Twitter

#23 Sky☆Dancer

Sky☆Dancer

Flitering Through the Clouds

• Senpai
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:31 PM

After checking it seems like you're right. -_- I guess we couldn't expect to be blessed with new episodes every week to last. I've never been so antsy waiting for new episodes then I am with this show. Pretty sure it has to do with the lack of communication with the fans and the lack of any type of schedule with new episodes. I know it has nothing to do with the Crewniverse and all to do with Cartoon Network which makes me even more mad.

Like the Summer of Steven which ended up being all crammed into an entire month which they announced like a week before it happened. I thought they were joking at first. Like a Steven Bomb for the entire month? Why? New episodes were awesome, but they didn't make up for the seemingly never ending hiatuses. It was like Cartoon Network forgot about the show while the makers just kept making episodes. Then Cartoon Network was like "Oh that's right we have another show.", looked at all the episodes that we made, shrug their shoulders and thought, "Well we promised a summer full of Steven Universe episodes. Even though two months have past, we still have August." Even though it will never happen because the show is popular, I have this fear that one of these hiatus is going to turn into a pop group's definition of a hiatus, straight up ghosting.  

#24 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

I was hoping Gem Harvest would be a bit more of substance but who knows? (who knows when this is even gonna air) For all we know this episode could jumpstart the plot of season 4

Regardless this is a cute clip

MizukiRina

Twitter

#25 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

^ Just got around to watching Gem Harvest and I loved it! If by substance you mean story/plot? Then no, just more character development ^^; Going by the title I was expecting something heavier atmosphere/theme-wise but turns out that's not the case. It's a nice episode which tugged on my heart strings a little like almost all SU episodes do ^^;

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#26 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

Watched episodes 10 to 14 in one go, best thing I've watched in a while. Just one thing I got to say... 

Spoiler

H!P Comics

#27 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

Did you guys catch "Are you my dad?" Pretty interesting episode.

I suppose the little girl gem refers to Greg as "my dad".

I wonder why they are kidnapping Steven's friends...

#28 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

^ Just too many questions after that episode ^^;

Spoiler

I just watched 'I am my mom' and my hypothesis was totally wrong lol

Spoiler

Edited by cornyflakes, 16 May 2017 - 08:44 AM.

H!P Comics

#29 cdean12343

cdean12343

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

I love the font in the logo

Wish there were more shows like this

#30 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:20 AM

the finale for steven universe: future (the epilogue series after the original series ended) just aired, which means the story of steven universe is finally over after 6 years. it's so surreal, i've been watching this show for 5 years and it's become such a huge part of my life. i can't believe it's over :') i'm sorry for reviving such an old thread, i just wanted to share some of my thoughts!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users