• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Quick note, I was frustrated at the lack of thread for this group and I don't know them very well but I'd like to so if there's any mistakes please PM me(to not clutter the thread) and I'll add any changes :)

You'll Melt More! (ゆるめるモ!)

This group was formed in October 2012 and currently has 4 members and have released music under Space shower records, T-palette and You'll Records.

dK7JNi2.png

Members

Kechon - 26th December - Purple (original member)

Chiffon - 18th November - Red (joined September 2013)

Yonapi - 15th July - White (joined September 2013)

Ano - 4th September - Light Blue (joined September 2013)

3OCtA4N.jpgXbfJChI.jpgrS33zlk.jpgfgzt6fr.jpg

Former members 

Momopi - Pink

Chibo - Orange

Yumikon - Green

Yuizarasu - Yellow

Nonchan

Itchy

Music Videos(sample)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#2 arwald

arwald

Special Agent of Idol BAU

• Senpai
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Ano-chan :-)

some fan wanted her tooth, but she didn't give it away

"You'll melt more" as guests in "Nama aidoru ga suki"

There are rumours (at least I couldn't find some trustworthy source) that say that Ano-chan was hikikomori before. She was such an introvert that she wouldn't ride subway. She didn't go to middle class school, staying at home and doing nothing but sleeping and drawing pictures. She wasn't interested in idols and had no intention to become one, but she just wanted to take a new look on her life. At that time she hated to talk to people, but she has been told to come to the interview. When she entered the group, she couldn't look in the eyes of other members, couldn't talk to them and wanted to quit. She was also slower than others. She has no favourite performance moments, because she easily forgets them...

abb85b482d87.png

Idols are adults' toys © Pikarin

#3 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

I was seriously about to make a thread for them today! This group is so epic. I'm glad that the group has an actual introvert, instead of one that plays the role of one. It gives you a sense of how it actually is to struggle with social anxiety, and is actually comforting to those who struggle with it to see a performer have it too but somewhat overcomes their obstacles.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#4 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

When I'm bored of my current hair I might just take a photo of Anochan and ask for a copy >.>

The mix of Younapi and her on that show is really funny together, a great contrast. Some things Anochan does reminds me of some things I know friends with social anxiety who want to be outgoing to(sudden outbursts, 'challenging' themselves by doing things loudly etc etc) I mean it's not exactly the same but it makes me feel like I know her just a little better :3

I also love all the colours Younapi gets to dye her hair :3

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#5 atmospherium

atmospherium

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

Thanks a million for starting a dedicated thread for Yurumerumo! Since I discovered them earlier this year they've become one of my favorite idol groups.

Younapi%204_zpsfm9wtt0l.jpg

#6 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for starting this thread!

I admit that I got interested in Yurumerumo largely because of that clip of Ano  --  she reminds me a lot of people I've known, as well.  And knowing that she has probably had to deal with some issues like social anxiety makes me like her more.  But the more I listen to them, the more I find myself appreciating them as a group.

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#7 kittyblues

kittyblues

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

oh im new to hello online ! Im really surprised yurumerumo didnt have their own forum already! they've been going on for quite some time now. Anyway better sooner than later! I really like this band because they really have their own unique sound

#8 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

People have mentioned them a few times in other threads(often followed with a 'probably should make a thread at some point') so a few of us knew about the group, although I only knew them a little bit. I need to watch more of that show many of the ano clips are from though it seems pretty funny :D

I enjoyed their TIF2016 performances a lot, with only 4 members right now it's hopefully a little easier to learn about each member. Yonapi caught my attention in performances but I can't just ignore those great Ano clips lol. Seen a little of Chiffon but I don't know much about Kechon outside of performances. Much to learn!

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#9 jimmcbim

jimmcbim

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

What I like most about YMM is the breadth of the music styles they use, from Neu! tributes to gloomy electropop to shoegaze epics to hardcore punk to ... you get the idea. I'm not going to pretend to be a fan of everything they do, but I love that you never know what they are going to do next.

Two of my fav YMM related clips from this year (as the Ano-chan compilation clips have already been covered!)
Two songs played as a live band with drums, bass guitar and ... recorders?!?

A guy from Nature Danger Gang "plays" electric heaters and a microwave while Younapi draws a picture before singing a song.

#10 dofphoto

dofphoto

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

UPDATE: Translation for You'll Melt More "Onna no Ko yo Shitai to Odore" is currently in progress- I don't want to do the cues for this so if there is a volunteer please let me know.

#11 arwald

arwald

• Senpai
  • 676 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

UPDATE: Translation for You'll Melt More "Onna no Ko yo Shitai to Odore" is currently in progress- I don't want to do the cues for this so if there is a volunteer please let me know.

What's "the cues"? Karaoke timing?

It's fun to just watch Ano-chan. "I'm not good at communication, so I can't convey the message"って :D

Let me do this rude discrimination of dividing idol fans into two categories: Music faction and TV-show faction. I'm certainly from "bangumi-ha", I enjoy watching tv-shows (or web) with idols rather than listening to their music. That's why I haven't listened to all songs yet and haven't watched concerts, except early ones (I mean early H!P). Anyhow, judging from my humble experience this is the first time I see a person who can be so hard to work with, judging from tv-show's director point of view. Quiet voice, doesn't pay attention, doing strange things, easy target for "not-arranged-before" bullying. Even kids can do better. And with all the tarento and idols, trying hard to get public attention with their acting tricks and arranged actions, it's hard to believe that Ano-chan behaves like a little child (thus, looking so cute, not only by appearance), despite her age. Like, "is she that poor at it or she's just acting so well?". I just hope she's not bullied much (well, from others' point of view just an innocent phrase can become overwhelming for Ano-chan). Somehow, she reminds of N46's Seitan. But the way how she cast glances reminds me of Hori Miona.

Here, starting from 3:57, host reads from her profile that she was a hikikomori and she pushed herself to apply for "You'll melt more" new members recruitment and then she says that she didn't go to school because she didn't want to.

#12 dofphoto

dofphoto

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

Cues line up when the subtitles appear- getting something translated and turning it into a subtitle are 2 different processes

#13 kittyblues

kittyblues

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

It's fun to just watch Ano-chan. "I'm not good at communication, so I can't convey the message"って :D

Let me do this rude discrimination of dividing idol fans into two categories: Music faction and TV-show faction. I'm certainly from "bangumi-ha", I enjoy watching tv-shows (or web) with idols rather than listening to their music. That's why I haven't listened to all songs yet and haven't watched concerts, except early ones (I mean early H!P). Anyhow, judging from my humble experience this is the first time I see a person who can be so hard to work with, judging from tv-show's director point of view. Quiet voice, doesn't pay attention, doing strange things, easy target for "not-arranged-before" bullying. Even kids can do better. And with all the tarento and idols, trying hard to get public attention with their acting tricks and arranged actions, it's hard to believe that Ano-chan behaves like a little child (thus, looking so cute, not only by appearance), despite her age. Like, "is she that poor at it or she's just acting so well?". I just hope she's not bullied much (well, from others' point of view just an innocent phrase can become overwhelming for Ano-chan). Somehow, she reminds of N46's Seitan. But the way how she cast glances reminds me of Hori Miona.

Here, starting from 3:57, host reads from her profile that she was a hikikomori and she pushed herself to apply for "You'll melt more" new members recruitment and then she says that she didn't go to school because she didn't want to.

Ano apparently has Social anxiety disorder. She tries over performs to make herself feel like she's doing a good job. Also apparently she has no memory of performances afterwards. There was a topic i read about her somewhere that showed she had a anxiety disorder

#14 cyborgpanda

cyborgpanda

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

Feel free to PM me. I can't guarantee I'd be able to get to them before Friday this week (if they're even ready), but I'll be glad to do it. If you want fancy fonts or colors I'll leave that detail to you though. :P

How old is Ano now? I know the others are in the 22-25ish range, but my best guess is she's either 20 now or soon?

#15 dofphoto

dofphoto

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

Feel free to PM me. I can't guarantee I'd be able to get to them before Friday this week (if they're even ready), but I'll be glad to do it. If you want fancy fonts or colors I'll leave that detail to you though. :P

you got it- when she gives them to me, its all yours.....

#16 arwald

arwald

• Senpai
  • 676 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

Ano-chan participated in Oomori Seiko's Line Live yesterday.

#17 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:02 AM

That's such a perfect match  --  Ano sounds like she was born to sing Oomori songs!

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#18 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

Personally I feel they need to add at least one more member, to me they are a lacking something now (saw their performances at TIF).

A decent singer preferably, like similar to Mone, while not being a great singer by any means, she had that nice melodic tone and whiny infliction that I really liked.

#19 atmospherium

atmospherium

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:33 AM

^ I'm hoping for someone with a deeper voice like Chibo had. Compare their full-length albums with the new mini album, and they are lacking that sweetness that comes from a blend of different vocal ranges. It's all high and thin now.

I always get killed for saying this, but Ano's live performances don't do much for me. She is always a step behind the rest, with half-hearted choreography and a sense of being in her own world. I think she would be happier just screaming and playing noise guitar. This is where I miss Mone, who was always spot on with her choreography and singing.

#20 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

Can't really disagree with what you are saying about Chibo ideally I would just want them back but apparently the management has other ideas.

I haven't listened to the new cd although I've bought it, since I have no cdplayer (I'm in Japan right now)

I like Ano a lot and I don't mind her sloppy moves, but the group is slowly becoming the Ano show (which is already evident in this thread), I don't think Ano herself ever wanted that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users