• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#1 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:44 AM

Anyone thinking of Winter Concerts yet? Say Jan -Feb? I am also interested in any and all Hokkaido related events, hitting the Sapporo Snow Fes as well! 

MOZENATOR

#2 Stellosphere

Stellosphere

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

I'm going to Japan for a year in November, so I'll be there most of 2017 ^_^

Probably mostly in Tokyo but I'd like to travel too and I've never been in Hokkaido, so I'll think about it too!

#3 Youne

Youne

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1107 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

If things turn out well, I'm going to be an exchange student in Japan from April to August in a small city 100km from Tokyo. Probably won't do a lot of traveling outside Tokyo and surrounding area since I'm not going to have a lot of holidays and my city isn't very conveniently located. Hopefully I'll be able to see a concert or two if some of them are in the weekends. A H!P summer concert is one possibility. :)

#4 sillykitty

sillykitty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

I am going to be studying at Hokkaido university from september so will of course be up for stuff in the area!

#5 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

I'm going to Japan for a year in November, so I'll be there most of 2017 ^_^

Probably mostly in Tokyo but I'd like to travel too and I've never been in Hokkaido, so I'll think about it too!

Yay! cool let's be in touch!

MOZENATOR

#6 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

Anyone thinking of Winter Concerts yet? Say Jan -Feb? I am also interested in any and all Hokkaido related events, hitting the Sapporo Snow Fes as well! 

I've been pondering what I want to do right now. I was thinking of going over for new years and staying for a while in January but my plans are in the very early stage, I'm also thinking of saving for golden week next year also though both would probably be way more expensive than just going for like Sept-Nov

TEAM TAKECHAN

#7 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

well as i said above i am thinking of Mid Jan to Mid Feb or there abouts...should be plenty cheap then too, relatively speaking. Just want to be sure I catch some idols!!

Nothing can compare to my first trip last Fall where i saw nearly every group i wanted to see and squeezed in 15 concerts in 20 days!! lol I know it will never be like that again, plus i want to do more cultural stuff this time, but I gotta maximize my Idol time too!

MOZENATOR

#8 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Well I think idols are a year round thing it just depends who you want to see and how it lines up with where you stay. For me a lot of groups I like just seem to tour constantly so catching a show is super easy XD. January seems pretty good for the winter tours for H!P groups will probably release a single at the back end of December so you have the events for those too maybe some boxed sets and stuff. Just get your idols in and then fit some culture in the free space :P. I know what you mean though I want my next trip to be much better planned I was just doing everything on the fly for my last trip the only plan I had was Budokan which has it's advantages if something comes up you can drop everything and go but If I organised better I probably would have seen more idols. I did fit some culture in though I visited some shrines and saw mount fuji from a couple of angles  lol. There are a couple of non idol related things I want to do next time that I never got around to some of them still nerdy. My favourite manga Genshiken is ending next month so on my next trip I want to visit the University that was used as a location inspiration for the University the characters attend in the manga. Maybe do a Chiba pilgrimage too for Watamote locations.  

TEAM TAKECHAN

#9 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

I've been living here since this year and frequent both concerts and (release) events, so just give me a shout out if you wanna meet up~

#10 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

Moondoggie and Kinjiru: AWESOME...love this fandom! I will keep you posted!! Thanks.

MOZENATOR

#11 umisan^

umisan^

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

After hearing the news about ℃-ute's breakup I decided I simply can't miss my last chance to see them live! Been waiting to see them since 2006 and always there has been things preventing me to go to Japan and I even missed the Paris concert because of work. >:( Hahah, I'm so mad at myself for always postponing my plans. So, time to start planning a trip for next spring/summer! I'd be glad to get some help with concert tickets and everything when the time comes. :D

#12 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:54 AM

yeah the whole C-ute thing is throwing a wrench in my Feb plans, which may be just as well since I ma having trouble with $$$ right now...not sure.. I will go next year for sure..just not sure when! lol

MOZENATOR

#13 nashipage

nashipage

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:21 AM

Hello everyone!

I've been an H!P fan since I saw berryz koubou's special  generation come out and I've grown up with them, older gens of momusu, and c-ute. I've always wanted to go to Japan to see a concert, and now that C-ute is going to break up I HAVE to make it over there.

This will be my last chance to see the H!P artists I grew up with in concert.

Now, I'm at an intermediate level of Japanese (JLPT N3) so I can find my way around a little bit, but I really have no idea how buying tickets overseas or any of this works.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I have to do/look into?

About how soon before concerts do they announce the ticket sale date? I want to be sure I can nab a ticket ASAP so I can get a decent seat...

Also, what is this ticket lottery business? Isn't there a way to just directly buy a ticket???

#14 umisan^

umisan^

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Glad to see a fellow fan in the same situation as I am! :D Now's our last chance!

If I've understood right, the tickets usually come to sale relatively close to the actual concert, like only weeks before, and the lottery tickets and other stuff a bit earlier.

I wonder what kind of a solo tour C-ute's going to hold next spring.. I would be happy with any concert, it doesn't necessarily have to be the SSA one, although that's my goal for now.

I'm pretty sure we'll get help here with the tickets and other stuff. :)

#15 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:44 AM

I am also in the same situation, I am wondering how far in advance do you think the concert dates will be announced?
I would like to book my trip as early as possible :)

#16 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

About C-ute SSA concert date. Their 2015 Yokohama Arena June concert was announced in November.

Their anniversary date is 11.06 but I do not believe H!P can afford weekend venue reservation.

Also I don't believe H!P act these days can sell out 30k arena so getting tickets shouldn't be big problem.

Since SSA concert has been already decided according to reports I assume date is already set. Hopefully they will announce it next week at Budokan.

#17 nashipage

nashipage

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

Woo, okay I'm definitely going to be keeping my ears and eyes open for that date.

I'm so happy that I'm right alongside a few of you guys in aspiring for this experience, aha.

It's a lonely fandom where I live and seeing people on the same boat as me is really cool. XP

#18 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

i would recommend getting your "ducks in a row" as early as possible. meaning find a proxy service such as No Country For Tall Men on FaceBook..and be looking at official Hello! Project News everyday...Google Translate can help a little with that and the do have an "English Version" option as well..

Tickets are all lottery based, meaning you apply for every show you want to see and you may get 50% of what you want or more...the more you apply for the better chance you have.

The actual SEATing arrangement you will not know until about a week before the actual show. BUT there are always the resale shops, there is one in Harajuku..bu the resale price can get pretty high for good seats...but that is an option.

MOZENATOR

#19 nashipage

nashipage

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

i would recommend getting your "ducks in a row" as early as possible. meaning find a proxy service such as No Country For Tall Men on FaceBook..and be looking at official Hello! Project News everyday...Google Translate can help a little with that and the do have an "English Version" option as well..

Tickets are all lottery based, meaning you apply for every show you want to see and you may get 50% of what you want or more...the more you apply for the better chance you have.

The actual SEATing arrangement you will not know until about a week before the actual show. BUT there are always the resale shops, there is one in Harajuku..bu the resale price can get pretty high for good seats...but that is an option.

Hmm, okay--I guess the lottery system just makes it fair so people don't monopolize tickets right after sale or something?

So if I apply for a bunch of the C-ute concerts lets say, and I win tickets to 3 of them, but I only want to see one--do I just have the option to only buy one and then the lottery continue for whoever else wants the other 2?

Also, can you list some of the stores in Harajuku just so I can do a little search on them? Have you used any and what do you recommend?

Thank you for your help! :D

#20 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

Hmm, okay--I guess the lottery system just makes it fair so people don't monopolize tickets right after sale or something?

So if I apply for a bunch of the C-ute concerts lets say, and I win tickets to 3 of them, but I only want to see one--do I just have the option to only buy one and then the lottery continue for whoever else wants the other 2?

Also, can you list some of the stores in Harajuku just so I can do a little search on them? Have you used any and what do you recommend?

Thank you for your help! :D

The ticket shop in Harajuku is called Gorakudoh there are actually two on the main shopping street one is dedicated to male idol groups the other dedicated to females. You can tell which by the posters. They have tickets on display in glass cases with the actual seat number covered just the row and section showing so you can pretty much choose your seat. The staff as far as I can tell speak pretty good English and are helpful but depending on the group and how big the concert is it can be expensive for good seats. standard ones are not too bad price wise for a decent seat usually.

Pretty sure there is no turning it down when you win a seat in the lottery you commit to buying it. You do have the option of taking them to the aforementioned ticket shop and selling them for cheaper than you got them. If you have a crappy seat you can also sell it and use the price you got towards an upgrade. Probably better off selling to other fans if you have spares there is always somebody who wants to buy a ticket late I'm sure.

TEAM TAKECHAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users